About the Focal Integration IBus 20
Thin and tough
Thin and tough
Focal understands that it's not easy to get bass into every vehicle. They built the IBus 20 powered subwoofer to address this issue, so folks with bass-deficient systems in space-challenged vehicles could add some low-end punch. At just under 3" tall, this sub can fit under or behind many seats in the spaces usually reserved for stale bits of food. Focal built its chassis out of rigid aluminum, so it'll take a beating while it provides an incredibly stable home for the 8" sub.
Big bass in a tight space
You'll finally hear bass lines and percussion in your music, as the IBus 20's 8" sub combines with a built-in 75-watt RMS amplifier to deliver some impressive bass. This sub comes with line-level inputs that'll connect to an aftermarket stereo, along with inputs that accept the speaker-level signal from a factory radio.
You can use the low-pass crossover to get your bass to mesh with the rest of your system, while the phase switch ensures that this sub is working together with the bass from your full-range speakers. Focal includes a wired remote control so you can adjust the bass with a flick of your wrist.
- compact powered subwoofer
- aluminum enclosure with 8" sub
- built-in amplifier (75 watts RMS/150 watts peak)
- frequency response: 45-150 Hz
- variable low-pass crossover (50-150 Hz)
- phase control switch (0 or 180 degrees)
- bass boost control (0 dB to +18 dB)
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- auto turn-on switch
- wired remote control
- 8- or 10-gauge wiring recommended (not included)
- dimensions: 14"W x 3"H x 9-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Ibus 20
What's in the box:
- Amplified subwoofer
- 9.5' Wiring harness (Power with in-line fuse holder/ Ground/ Remote turn-on/ Speaker level input)
- Three 15 amp ATO fuses (2 installed in the subwoofer chassis/ 1 installed in the power wire fuse holder)
- Remote bass level control
- 18' Remote cable (RJ-25 plug on both ends)
- Two 2" x 8" Adhesive backed hook and loop mounting fasteners
- 4 Rubber feet
- 8 Flat washers
- Eight 3/16" Pan head screws (to mount the feet to the subwoofer)
- Four 7/8" Self-tapping pan head screws
- One 1/2" Self-tapping pan head screw (to mount wired remote)
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Russian)
More details on the Focal Integration IBus 20
Features & specs
|Connector Type||Set screw/RCA|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Material||Not given|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||75 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||150 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Overview: The IBUS 20 amplified subwoofer features a 75-watt RMS (150-watts max) amp and an 8" sub housed in a compact aluminum enclosure, designed to fit in tight spaces.
Wired Remote Control: The wired remote control puts control of your subwoofer output within easy reach. The remote can be mounted using the included self-tapping screw. The dimensions are:
- Width: 1-3/16"
- Height: 1"
- Depth: 1-3/4" (2-3/8" including the knob)
Mounting: The subwoofer, under 3" tall, can be mounted flat under a seat in the passenger compartment of many vehicles.
Subsonic Filter: Frequencies that cannot be reproduced by the subwoofer do not become sound, but unnecessary oscillations causing distortion; these frequencies also waste amplifier power and can damage speakers. The subsonic filter removes inaudible frequencies to improve the performance of the speakers by eliminating this harmful distortion. The subsonic filter's crossover point is variable from 20 to 50 Hz.
Gain: rotary dial to set the amplifier gain control; 200mV to 5 volts
Subsonic Filter: rotary dial to control the high pass crossover frequency; 20 to 50 Hz
Bass Boost: rotary dial to adjust the bass boost; continuously variable from 0 to 18 dB; boost centered at 60 Hz
Crossover Frequency: rotary dial to control the low pass crossover frequency; 50 to 150 Hz
Auto Turn-on: two position switch
- On: amp turns on when a signal is present on the speaker-level input
- Off: amp turns on when 12 volts is applied to the remote turn-on wire
Phase: two position switch; set the subwoofer phase to 0° or 180°
Power: set screw terminals for power, ground, and remote turn-on; each accepts up to 8-gauge wire
Line Input: stereo RCA inputs
Speaker Input: Molex plug for use with the included wiring harness
Remote Bass: RJ-25 jack for use with the included wired remote
Fuses: two 15-amp ATO fuses installed in the chassis
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked