About the Focal Inside IS VW 165
Acclaimed component sound for your Volkswagen
Acclaimed component sound for your Volkswagen
Step up your VW audio system from reliable to inspiring. Focal is passionate about premium audio, and their Focal Inside Series speakers ensure more drivers have an excellent musical experience on the road. They designed and built their IS VW 165 6-1/2" component speaker system to fit perfectly into a range of Volkswagen vehicles. The separate woofers and tweeters supply a dramatic boost in sound quality, courtesy of some of the same technology that Focal uses in their audiophile-grade home speakers.
Top-notch materials and design
The IS VW 165 speaker employs a Polyglass woofer cone for true-to-life sound, while the separate aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter ensures detailed and crisply delivered highs. The speaker's custom-designed spacer guarantees a perfect fit in your Volkswagen, while integrated connectors connect to your existing factory speaker plugs — no cutting or splicing required.
Grilles are not included; your VW factory grilles will be used.
- 6-1/2" component speaker system includes two woofers, two tweeters, and two inline crossovers
- designed to fit a variety of Volkswagen vehicles
- vehicle-specific wire connectors (no cutting required)
- Polyglass woofers with butyl rubber surround
- aluminum inverted dome tweeters
- in-line/integrated crossovers
- includes foam kit (insulation between speaker and door opening)
- quick installation (no modifications needed)
- impedance: 2 ohms
- power handling: 60 watts RMS (120 watts peak)
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93.7 dB
- woofer top mount depth: 1-7/16"
- grilles not included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # IS VW 165
What's in the box:
- 2 IS VW 165 Woofers
- 2 TVW Tweeters (with 11" wires attached)
- Two 6" Male factory harnesses
- Two 6" Female factory harnesses
- 2 Adhesive backed foam tweeter wire covers
- 2 Adhesive backed foam tweeter covers
- 10 Rivets
- 4 Blue plastic wire caps
- 2 Focal Inside badges
- User manual (English/ French/ German/ Italian/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ Dutch/ Polish/ Russian/ Korean/ Chinese/ Japanese/ Arabic)
- Focal window sticker
Focal Inside IS VW 165 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal Inside IS VW 165
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||Inverted Dome|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||87.7|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93.7|
|Frequency Response||60 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||60|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||120|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 7/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 7/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||1.6|
Mounting: The IS VW 165 is a direct replacement for the factory speakers in select Volkswagen models. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit. In many cases the factory woofer is riveted in place, so the factory rivets must be drilled out. The new woofer is a direct replacement, and can be mounted using the rivets included with the IS VW 165 (if you have a rivet gun) or screws (not included). The factory tweeters are typically mounted using plastic spot welds, so they are most easily removed using a soldering iron to heat the weld points. The new tweeter is then mounted while the weld points are still soft.
Polyglass Cone: The woofer cone has a cellulose pulp base and is coated with a uniform deposit of hollow glass microballs. The addition of the Polyglass layer significantly increases the cone's rigidity without adding much weight. This combination takes advantage of the accuracy and neutrality of the hard outer surface, but maintains the superior damping characteristics of the cellulose pulp.
Surround: The woofer's butyl rubber surround is resistant to ultraviolet rays, temperature extremes, and humidity, adding to its reliability and longevity.
Inverted Dome Tweeter: The tweeter has an inverted aluminum dome, producing a broad sound stage.
- Woofer: The factory wiring harness plugs directly into the IS VW 165 woofer frame.
- Tweeter: To integrate with Volkswagen models built in multiple countries, both male and female harnesses are included for the tweeters. (Only one or the other will be used.)
Crossovers: The woofer crossovers are integrated into the woofer frames, and the tweeter crossovers are wired in-line in the 11" wires attached to each tweeter. Neither should be mounted without the crossover.
The Focal Inside IS VW 165 replaces these items
- component system includes two woofers, two tweeters, and installation tools and clips
- 6-3/4" woven fiberglass woofer cone
- aluminum inverted dome TN44 tweeter