About the Focal Listen Professional
Studio sound with a rich pedigree
The Focal Listen Professional headphones are tuned for a flat frequency response and designed to work with studio gear.
Studio sound with a rich pedigree
Musicians and engineers know the importance of detailed, accurate sound. And few names ring out in the world of audio like Focal. They designed the Listen Professional's drivers to deliver tight bass, lush mids, and clear highs with accuracy and fine detail.
Focal based the driver design on their super-high-grade Utopia and Clear headphones. The Mylar-and-titanium transducers employ a thin, stiff design that makes them particularly responsive to dynamic changes. That translates to more realism, for a more lifelike sound that studio pros and serious music lovers alike can appreciate.
These headphones are designed to stay put on your head, so that they don't fall off when you move your head. Clamping force out of the box was bit much for my taste, but I know some people — like my wife — prefer a snug headphone fit.
Fortunately, the "soft touch" headband is flexible and durable enough that you can actually twist it. So I could stretch it out and loosen up the fit a little. Plus the memory foam earpads are thick and soft.
Two cables: the long and short of it
The Listen Pro headphones come with two detachable cables. There's a 13-foot coiled cable along with a 1/4” adapter designed for use in the studio or with your home stereo. A shorter miniplug cable is made for use with portable devices. The in-line remote lets you control playback as well as take calls with your smartphone using the built-in microphone.
- large closed-backed earcups provide noise isolation for studio use and music listening
- 40mm mylar/titanium drivers deliver detailed, dynamic sound
- tuned for accurate sound with tight, controlled bass response
- designed and developed in Saint-Etienne, France
Two detachable cables:
- 16-foot coiled cable terminated by 3.5mm miniplug
- designed for recording and home listening
- 1/4" plug adapter included
- detachable 55-inch oxygen-free copper cable with 3.5mm miniplug
- in-line one-button remote and microphone for controlling music and phone calls on your smartphone
- compatible with Apple and Android phones
General info and specs:
- thick memory-foam earpads and soft headband for long-lasting comfort
- airplane adapter included
- folding design for easy storage
- rigid, form-fitting carrying case included
- frequency response: 5-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 122 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- weight: 10 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Listen Pro
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones
- 55" Straight cable with in-line remote and microphone (angled 3.5mm plug)
- 16' Coiled cable (straight 3.5mm plug)
- 3.5mm-to-6.35mm Plug adapter (installed on coiled cable)
- Zippered storage case
- Operating Instructions
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal Listen Professional
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.234" x 3.725"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||5-22k Hz|
|Cord Length||192" + 55"|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Focal Listen Professional over-ear headphones are designed for sound engineers and studio musicians who need the best sound quality available in a lightweight, comfortable package. The Listen Pro's high-performance drivers feature Focal's exclusive cone technology offers precise reproduction of the music signal with details in both the low and high ends. Two cables are included -- a 55" straight cable with an in-line remote/mic and a 16-foot coiled cable -- both with 3.5mm plugs. A 1/4" adapter is included with a mixing console or home audio equipment. The ear cups fold in for storing in the rigid zippered travel case.
Drivers: The Listen features large diaphragm (40mm) Mylar/Titanium alloy transducers that hold their shape, while delivering tight bass, balanced sound, and superb dynamic range. The central dome features a 100% Mylar suspension.
Ear Cups/Headband: The circum-aural ear cups and headband are made with 7/8"-thick memory foam to give you comfort for hours of listening, as well as acoustic isolation. The heat-sensitive memory foam perfectly molds to the listener's head to prevent acoustic leaks, maintaining a strong bass response. The cushions are handsomely covered with a burgundy microfiber. The black outer ear cups resist impacts and scratches.
Cables: The Listen Professional headphones include two OFC (oxygen-free copper) cables, both with 3.5mm plugs at each end. On the headphone end, the cables have a twist-lock connection that prevents accidental disconnection. The 16' coiled cord is designed for studio and home use. The included 3.5mm-to-6.5mm plug adapter screws onto the coiled cord if needed for professional or home audio components with 1/4" jacks. The 55" straight cable features an in-line omnidirectional microphone for phone calls, and a separate in-line one-button remote. The remote can control the playback (play/pause/next track/previous track) of your music files, and mobile phone calls (answer/hang up), and is compatible with most smart devices (iOS, Android, Windows).
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 22kHz
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Sensitivity: 122dB SPL @ 1kHz / 1 Vrms
- THD: <0.3% / 1 kHz / 100dB SPL
- Ear Cup Dimensions:
- Outside: Width 3.234", Height 3.725", Depth 1.826"
- Inside: Width 1.655", Height 2.204", Depth 0.702"
- 10 ounces (no cable)
- 10.7 ounces (with straight cable)
- 14 ounces (with coiled cable)