About the Focal On Wall 301
Dynamic, space-saving sound from Focal
Dynamic, space-saving sound from Focal
Are you looking for an attractive, high-performance loudspeaker that blends in seamlessly with your décor? Focal's On Wall 301 is worth a look. This slender wall-mountable speaker offers rich, dynamic sound without taking up any space on your floor or shelf.
Use an On Wall 301 for each of the front channels of your Focal home theater.
Ideal for movies and for music
Use this versatile speaker as a left-, right-, or center-channel speaker in your Focal home theater. Or use a pair as part of a stealthy stereo system. The drivers are configured so they'll sound great whether you mount the speaker vertically or horizontally. The Focal logo even rotates to match the orientation of the speaker.
Focal's flax cone: stiff as a board, light as a feather
Each of the On Wall 301's 4" mid-bass drivers are made from an exclusive flax cone material. A layer of hollow, ultra-lightweight flax fibers is sandwiched between two thin layers of glass. These extraordinarily light-yet-rigid cones deliver rich, uncolored midrange and tight, natural bass.
The On Wall 301's other driver is also unique: a 1" inverted dome tweeter crafted from magnesium and aluminum. Its fast, accurate response allows detailed, dynamic highs that extend all the way up to 28,000 Hz.
Most speakers don't include any. Read our article about choosing and installing speaker wire.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- ideal for use in a stealthy home theater or stereo music system
- installs horizontally as a center channel, or vertically as a left- or right-channel speaker
- the Focal logo rotates to match the orientation of the speaker
- 1" aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- dual 4" flax fiber mid-bass drivers
- frequency response: 53-28,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25-130 watts
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- bass reflex design with top- and bottom-firing ports
- removeable magnetic grille
- wall-mountable with included brackets
- stand-mountable with matching Focal speaker stand (sold separately)
- developed and manufactured in France
Dimensions and warranty:
- 6-1/8"W x 31-1/2"H x 3-9/16"D
- weight: 13 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FONWALL301-WH
What's in the box:
Focal On Wall 301 owner's manual
- LCR on-wall loudspeaker
- 2 Brackets
- 4 Self-adhesive bumpers
- User Manual
- Mounting Template
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Focal On Wall 301
Features & specs
|Number of Speakers||1|
|Wall mount||Fixed bracket|
|Tweeter Type||Inverted Dome|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
LCR Design: The Focal On Wall 301 is an LCR loudspeaker that can utilized as a Front, Surround, Surround Back, or Center channel speaker in a home theater system. As a Front or Center speaker, it fits perfectly flat-panel TVs up to 60". The On Wall 301 can be wall-mounted vertically or horizontally.
2-Way Driver Design: The Focal On Wall 301 loudspeaker employs a 2-way driver design featuring a 1" Aluminum/Magnesium TNF inverted-dome tweeter and two 4" midbass Flax sandwich cone drivers to deliver full-range, room-filling sound with clarity and detail.
- 1" Aluminum/Magnesium TNF Inverted-Dome Tweeter: The On Wall 301 loudspeaker features a 1" Aluminum/Magnesium TNF inverted-dome tweeter that offers very low directivity, low distortion, and fast transient response. The inverted dome utilizes an integrated wave guide to further improve its spatial characteristics, plus guarantees a more stable soundstage which makes your listening position much less critical.
- Dual 4" Midbass Flax Sandwich Cone Drivers: The On Wall 301 loudspeaker houses two 4" midbass Flax sandwich cone drivers. These 4" cones are made of high-quality flax fibers that are sandwiched by two thin layers of glass fiber. Focal's Flax sandwich cones are lightweight, rigid, and offer excellent internal damping. The Flax sandwich cone drivers are characterized by their natural sound with low coloration, their richness of reproduction in the midrange register, and their tighter bass.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The Focal On Wall 301 features a Bass Reflex enclosure with flared ports on each end, firing in opposite directions. The dual port design increases the speaker's overall efficiency and bass output. When the speaker is mounted vertically, one bass port fires downward while the other bass port fires upward. When the speaker is mounted horizontally, one bass port fires out the left side while the other bass port fires out the right side.
Binding Post Terminals: The Focal On Wall 301 loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of binding-post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG). Due to the slim-profile of the speaker's mounting bracket, pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs cannot be utilized.
Mounting Options: The Focal On Wall 301 speaker can be mounted on the wall vertically or horizontally with the included mounting brackets. When mounted vertically, the On Wall 301 can be used as a Front, Surround, or Surround Back channel speaker. When mounted horizontally, the On Wall 301 can be utilizes as a center channel speaker. The included brackets mount the speaker only 0.25" away from the wall. The speaker can also be placed horizontally on a flat tabletop surface or shelf (cannot be tabletop mounted vertically).
- Vertical Dimensions: 6.125" (w) x 31.5" (h) x 4.0" (d)
- Horizontal Dimensions: 31.5" (w) x 6.125" (h) x 4.0" (d)
Note: Due to the shape of the enclosure, this speaker does not support vertical tabletop or bookshelf mounting. However, an optional proprietary floor stand is available (sold separately). The speaker will not work with other floor stands or mounting brackets.
Magnetic Grille: The Focal On Wall 301 comes with a magnetic cloth grille that easily attaches and detaches from the front of the speaker. The Focal logo on the magnetic grille rotates for vertical or horizontal orientation.