About the Focal PS 130 FE
The sound of flax
The sound of flax
In their pursuit of sonic excellence, Focal discovered that a flax woofer cone produces a dynamic sound that's worthy of their reputation. At half the weight of fiberglass, these flax fibers help create a very rigid yet lightweight cone that ensures accuracy and limits unwanted vibrations.
Tuned mass damper
Focal knows that control is of the utmost importance to accurate sound. Their patented surround uses the "tuned mass damper" technology used to enhance the structural stabilization of earthquake-resistant skyscrapers — seriously!! With greater control of the woofer cone, you'll gain smoother, more natural sound.
Awesome power handling
This Flax Evo Series PS 130 FE 5-1/4" component speaker system combines flax woofers with Focal's celebrated M-profile inverted dome tweeters. The inverted dome design of the tweeters mimics woofer-style sound dispersion, distributing the high frequencies in a wide pattern to create an exceptionally natural soundstage. The aluminum frame provides an incredibly rigid and non-resonant platform for these superior components. These speakers will handle up to 60 watts RMS, so powering them with an amplifier will really enhance their dynamic range.
- 5-1/4" component speaker system includes two woofers, two tweeters, and two crossovers
- flax woofer cone with "tuned mass damper" surround
- aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- 4-ohm impedance
- handles up to 60 watts RMS (120 watts peak)
- frequency response: 75-28,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90.5 dB at 2.83 volts
- mounting depth: 2-3/8"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PS130FE
What's in the box:
- Two PS 130 FE woofers
- Two TWFA1018 inverted dome tweeters (each has a 21" length of speaker wire attached)
- 2 Crossover networks
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Woofer grille mounting rings
- 2 Tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Tweeter trim rings (installed)
- 2 OEM tweeter mounting rings
- 2 Tweeter angle mount cups
- 2 Woofer mounting gaskets
- 8 Speed clips
- Four 3/4" Screws
- Eight 1" Screws
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ German/ Italian/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ Dutch/ Polish/ Russian/ Chinese/ Korean/ Japanese)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal PS 130 FE
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||Inverted Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||90.5|
|Frequency Response||75 - 28k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||60|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||120|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 3/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 9/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 5/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.405|
Aluminum Basket: The woofers' cast aluminum baskets are rigid and non-magnetic.
Surround: Each woofer uses a butyl rubber surround, resistant to ultraviolet rays, temperature extremes, and humidity to add to the speaker's reliability and longevity.
Tweeters: The tweeters have inverted Aluminum/Magnesium domes, producing a broad sound stage. They can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The angled surface mount housings can be positioned at 25° or 45°.
Note: When flush mounted, the tweeters are pressure fit into the opening, with nothing holding them from behind, so the cutout diameter is very important.
|Flush Mount||Angled Surface Mount|
|Frame Diameter||2.046"||2.07" x 2.15"|
Crossovers: The input and output wires are attached to each crossover. The 12" input wires are not terminated (bare wire). Both the woofer and tweeter output wires are also 12" long; the woofer outputs are terminated with quick slides to easily attach to the woofers and the tweeter outputs are not terminated (bare wire). A switch inside each crossover lets you adjust the tweeter output level; choose -3 dB or 0 dB (flat). The crossovers use 2nd order high-pass and low-pass filters (12 dB/octave). The crossover point for both is 3 kHz.
- Width: 2⅜"
- Height: 1⅛"
- Depth: 3⅜" (4⅞" including wires)
The Focal PS 130 FE replaces these items
- component speaker system includes two 5-1/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, two external crossovers, and installation hardware
- flax and glass fiber woofer with butyl rubber surround
- inverted aluminum/magnesium dome tweeter