About the Focal for Bentley Radiance
Refined audio performance and style
The closed-back Focal for Bentley Radiance headphones include a premium braided cable and form-fitting protective case.
Refined audio performance and style
This collaboration between Focal and Bentley Motors has always seemed inevitable to me. I've long-compared Focal's high-end headphone offerings to a high-performance luxury vehicle fleet. The Focal for Bentley Radiance premium headphones just make the connection more literal.
An audiophile pedigree
These headphones share many of the attributes that made the Utopia, Stellia, and Clear 'phones so popular among personal audio aficionados. Like those instant classics, the Radiance delivers a deluxe personal audio experience with pristine, super-detailed sound. But you'll also notice some distinctive Bentley Motors design elements — like the diamond pattern covering the earcups and that iconic logo punctuating the frames.
High-grade drivers for powerful, nuanced sound
Looks and luxury are great, but you judge a high-performance machine by how well it runs. So under the hood, you'll find Focal's fast-attack drivers, complete with their now-famous "M"-shaped diaphragm domes. This special design gives the drivers a more fluid movement, which greatly reduces distortion and phase problems.
It's why Focal headphones always sound so dynamic and yet controlled, across a wide frequency range. Here, Focal's tuned their drivers to perform better within the Radiance's closed housings. And they've added some shrewdly placed vents for air flow, keeping the powerful bass response tight and linear.
Efficient headphones that perform best when properly powered
The Radiance's closed-back design offers some noise isolation, making them more suitable for wearing in public. With that in mind, Focal made sure they were efficient enough to work with a portable music player — and I guess technically even your phone. However, if you want them firing on all cylinders, I strongly recommend a separate headphone amp.
Those new to luxury headphones might be thinking, "I would never play music loud enough to need a dedicated amplifier." But it's really not about volume as much as effortlessly handling the large sonic peaks and valleys in your favorite music. So you can enjoy the full effect of those tell-tale dynamics from your Focal headphones. In other words, it's like an engine with plenty of horsepower — important to have when you really need it.
Focal uses their signature "M-shaped" domes to deliver articulate sound with deep, well-controlled bass.
Fashionable and functional design
Focal premium headphones are always as pleasant to wear as they are easy on the eyes. This is by design. Focal uses the same shape, frame, and general make-up for all of their high-end models. Last year, we asked 20 Crutchfield employees to test the comfort of more than 50 headphones — and Focal dominated the list of "Audiophile headphones."
Their headphones are large and heavy-duty for sure, but the weight is nicely distributed. They also scored really well for their generously padded earcups and headband. For the Radiance, Focal lined those thick ear pads and headband with soft Pittards leather. And the large, sturdy earcups are held together by smooth-sliding aluminum headphone yokes that helps keep the fit secure, yet relaxed.
- special-edition premium headphones with Bentley Motors design motif
- over-the-ear, closed-back design for focused, precise sound
- 40mm dynamic drivers made of high-grade materials
- specially-designed "M-shaped" aluminum/magnesium domes deliver wide-range frequency response
- frameless copper voice coil creates strong magnetic field for greater musical detail
- a separate headphone amplifier is required to properly power these headphones for optimum sound quality
- drivers positioned in closed-back headphone chamber to emulate the sound of near-field speakers
- specially placed air vents help manage the tonal balance of the bass and midbass
- headband and earcups lined with full-grain Pittards leather
- generous memory foam padding on the headband and earcups
- aluminum headband yokes slide comfortably and sturdily into place
- designed, developed, and assembled in Saint-Etienne, France
Accessories and specs:
- 4-ft. oxygen-free cable with 3.5mm stereo plug
- two 3.5mm connectors lock into headphones for secure, high-quality connections
- 1/4" adapter included
- rigid, form-fitting carrying case with padded interior
- frequency response: 5-23,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 105 dB
- impedance: 35 ohms
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FRADIANCE
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones
- 48" Audio cable (dual mono 3.5mm plugs on one end and stereo 3.5mm plug on other end)
- 3.5mm-to-6.3mm Plug adapter
- Zippered storage case
- Black storage box
- User Manual
- Operating Instructions
- Focal brand brochure
- Leather statement
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal for Bentley Radiance
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.762" x 4.071"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||5-23k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: Radiance is Focal's newest high-end over-ear headphone. Radiance represents a unique partnership between Focal and Bentley Motors, providing an exceptional personal listening experience. The closed-back Radiance headphones can reproduce a wide frequency response (5Hz to 23kHz) with powerful bass, smooth midrange, and crystal clear highs. The large comfortable ear pads and headband are covered in black full-grain leather for ultimate comfort and elegance. The distinctive Bentley logo is emblazoned above each earcup to give the headphones an extra measure of sophistication and elegance. The French-built Radiance comes with a 4' cable, 1/4" adapter, and a handsome zippered hard carrying case.
Drivers: Radiance features large 40mm "M"-shaped dome drivers made of aluminum and magnesium. The drivers are lightweight and rigid with excellent damping properties, high quality sound, and low distortion. The low impedance (35 ohms) and high sensitivity allow you to easily drive the headphones with a wide variety of sources, from a portable audio player to a high-end headphone amplifier.
Closed-back Design: Radiance's drivers are housed in closed back ear cups that feature a natural noise blocking characteristic. Although the headphones do not have active noise cancellation, the closed-back and thick padded ear cups provide excellent isolation from ambient noise, allowing you to enjoy your music without distraction.
Cable: The Focal Radiance headphones come with a 4' audio cable, with dual mono 3.5mm plugs on the headphone end, and a stereo 3.5mm plug on the device end. The cable is made with 24-gauge OFC copper for maximum signal transfer. A screw-on 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter is included, so you can use the headphones with your home components or headphone amplifier.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 23kHz
- Impedance: 35 ohms
- Sensitivity: 105dB SPL / 1 mW @ 1kHz
- THD: 0.1% @ 1 kHz / 100dB SPL
- Ear Cup Dimensions: 3.762" W, 4.071" H, 2.31" D
- Weight: 15.4 ounces (w/o cable); 17.0 (w/cable)