About the Focal RSE-165
The benefit of Focal innovation
Focal adds a phase plug to the woofer cone for better sound dispersion.
The benefit of Focal innovation
Focal's acclaimed sound is coveted by audiophiles and recording studios worldwide, and their Auditor Series speakers bring that sound quality to your car at a competitive price. This impressive RSE-165 component system, which includes two 6-1/2" woofers, two tweeters, and two external crossovers, will easily outperform your factory speakers and bring the fun back to your time in the car.
To overcome the limitations of low speaker placement, the woofer's cone features a phase plug for better sound dispersion, so you'll experience a rich, full sound. Prepare to be moved by the bright highs and crisp detail broadcast by these "Silk Aluminum" inverted dome tweeters. With included mounting hardware, you'll have the tools you need to enhance stereo imaging by installing these tweeters in a good spot high up in your doors, in the sail panel, or on the dash.
Compact crossover network
This system's external crossover ensures a seamless distribution of frequencies to the woofer and tweeter, for a totally natural sound. The prewired crossovers are compact enough to fit in some pretty tight places.
Built to last
A polypropylene woofer cone and butyl rubber surround ensure these speakers will live a long life in your car doors, withstanding all kinds of environmental abuse while delivering robust sound. Focal built these speakers with an extra-large voice coil and a powerful magnet so they can handle an honest 60 watts RMS. Handsome mesh grilles are also included in case you're planning on a custom installation.
- component speaker system includes two 6-1/2" woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 external crossovers
- polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
- "silk aluminum" inverted dome tweeter
- mesh/ABS grilles included
- prewired external crossover (12dB/oct)
- handles up to 60 watts RMS (120 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 65-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- woofer mounting depth: 2-1/2"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RSE-165
What's in the box:
- Two woofers
- Two tweeters (each with 18" length of speaker wire attached)
- 2 Flush mount tweeter cups (installed)
- 2 Surface mount tweeter adapters
- 2 Angled surface mount tweeter adapters
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Woofer grille mounting rings
- 12 Speed clips
- Eight 1" Pan head screws (large head)
- Four 1" Pan head screws (small head)
- 2 Adhesive backed pads
- User manual (English/ French/ German/ Spanish/ Italian/ Portuguese/ Chinese/ Russian)
- Specifications printed on box
- Thank you note
Focal RSE-165 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal RSE-165
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||Inverted Dome|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||91.5|
|Frequency Response||60 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||60|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||120|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 9/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 3/4|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 11/16|
Phase Plug: The bullet-shaped phase plug in the center of the woofer ensures a smooth, flat off-axis frequency response by preventing the higher frequency sound waves emanating from one side of the cone from interfering with sound waves from the other side of the cone.
Voice Coil: The voice coil is wound around a 1" diameter low-mass Kapton former, ensuring no coil deformation.
Tweeter Mounting: The tweeters can be flush mounted, surface mounted, or surface mounted at an angle (approximately 30°) using the included adapters. Once installed in any of the housings, the tweeter will pivot approximately 15° in any direction.
Note: Although the tweeters are shipped in their flush mount housings, no flush mount hardware is included. A method of holding the housings in place must be fabricated.
|Flush Mount||Surface Mount||Angled Surface Mount|
|Depth||0.65"||screw depth||screw depth|
|Frame Diameter||2.11"||1.775"||1.78" x 1.81"|
Crossover: The input and output wires are attached to the crossover. The 19" input wires are not terminated (bare wire). Both the woofer and tweeter output wires are 10" long and terminated with quick slides to easily attach to the drivers. The crossover slope is 12 dB/octave.
- Width: 2-7/8" (3-1/8" including wires)
- Height: 7/8"
- Depth: 2"
The Focal RSE-165 replaces these items
- component speaker system includes two 6-3/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 external crossovers
- polypropylene woofer
- "silk aluminum" dome tweeter
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked