About the Focal Sub 1000 F
Thunderous bass you hear and feel
Thunderous bass you hear and feel
The Sub 1000 F delivers ultra-deep bass that's capable of filling large rooms with great sound.
One of my favorite things to do when I have the house to myself is watch a sci-fi movie at full blast. Part of what makes that so fun is the visceral impact that my subwoofer delivers — I just love the way that bass sounds and feels. If you do too, the Focal Sub 1000 F is a powerhouse that's worth considering for your system.
This hard-hitting 12" sub is powered by a high-octane 1,000-watt amplifier. It's an excellent choice for medium- to large-sized rooms where you want theater-quality bass with movies, music, or video games.
Cone material combines old and new
Speaker makers continuously search for new and better materials for drivers. An ideal driver material has three qualities:
- lightweight, so it can accelerate quickly
- rigid, so that it moves like a piston, without bending
- well-damped, so that unwanted vibrations don't color the sound
In their pursuit of sonic excellence, Focal made a surprising discovery — right in their own backyard. Woven flax can form the core of a very rigid yet lightweight speaker cone. Some of the world's finest flax grows in fields near Focal's headquarters.
Focal creates this unique cone by sandwiching a layer of hollow flax fibers between two thin layers of fiberglass — an ideal recipe for this sub's 12" woofer.
Easy system integration
Line level and LFE (Low-Frequency Effects) inputs let you easily connect the Sub 1000 F to almost any home theater or stereo receiver. Its back-panel gain, crossover, and phase controls help you fine-tune the bass to your liking, and blend its sound into your system.
Put a stop to shaking, rattling, and rolling
Quick story: my living room has glass bookshelf and fireplace doors, along with tall windows that line three of its walls. All of these used to rattle like crazy when bass hit during movies. It drove me nuts!
One day I decided that I'd had enough. I bought an isolation platform to decouple my sub from the hardwood floor. Voila! Just like magic, the rattling and vibrations instantly disappeared. I even had to dial the sub back because the bass was suddenly stronger. It is without a doubt the best money I've ever spent on my system.
- 1,000-watt BASH® hybrid amplifier
- 12" flax/fiberglass sandwich cone woofer
- frequency response: 24-200 Hz (±3dB)
- continuously variable 40-160 Hz crossover
- acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- dedicated LFE (Low Frequency Effects) input for connection to a home theater receiver's subwoofer output
- line-level stereo RCA inputs
- phase switch helps match the subwoofer to your main speakers
- auto on/off
- thick MDF cabinet walls to resist vibration
- high-gloss lacquered finish on the front baffle
- developed and manufactured in France
- 15-3/4"W x 16-9/16"H x 16-9/16"D
- 47 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years woofer, 3 years amp
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JMLSUB1000FBPL
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 8' AC power cord
- User Manual
Focal Sub 1000 F reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal Sub 1000 F
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Preamp-Level Inputs||LFE, Stereo RCA|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-160|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||1000|
|Frequency Response||24-200 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||3 Years|
12" Flax Cone Woofer: The Focal Sub 1000F powered subwoofer houses a 12" Flax membrane cone woofer. Flax is an environmentally-friendly textile with astonishing structural properties that make it particularly suitable for sound production. It is light, stiff and well damped. In general terms, flax membranes provide greater neutrality of timbre and better sound definition.
- Rigid Sandwich Construction: Evolved from the Flax cones developed for Focal's Aria 900 speaker series, the cone membrane in the Sub 1000F features a new, even more rigid sandwich construction - comprising of two sheets of 160 g/m2 fiber glass and a 250 g/m2 flax core.
- Dual Magnet: Dual magnet: Strong magnetic force, linearity
- Optimized Voice Coil: The Sub 1000F also features a coil/driver unit that is optimized to keep the coil temperature as low as possible. This means the speaker gives well articulated bass, better dynamics and considerable SPL power (103.5 dB / 1m @ 40Hz).
- Custom Spider Suspension: Focal's Research & Development team developed a custom spider/suspension for the Sub 1000F. Its dynamic behavior is perfectly controlled, meaning that the bass is always controlled too, even with very long travel (up to 43mm).
1000W BASH Amplifier: The Sub 1000F utilizes an integrated high-power 1,000 watts BASH amplifier to drive the 12" Flax cone woofer to its full potential for dynamic and controlled bass response.
Sealed Enclosure: The Focal Sub 1000F powered subwoofer uses an acoustic suspension enclosure (sealed cabinet) with thick walls that offers an extended bass response, a very compact size, and an absence of interference - all leading to a pure, harmonious sound. The front-panel of the sealed enclosure is 1.5625" thick and features a rubber ring around the woofer to reduce unwanted vibration.
Controls: The Focal Sub 1000F powered subwoofer features rear-panel controls to tailor volume, crossover frequency, and phase adjustment.
- Volume Control: The powered sub has a rotary volume control to adjust the volume of the subwoofer relative to the other speakers in the system.
- Crossover Frequency: The powered subwoofer offers a continuously variable low-pass filter, adjustable from 40-160 Hz.
- Phase Adjustment: The subwoofer's phase adjustment allows you to adjust the subwoofer's phase between 0° or 180°. If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, adjusting the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass performance.
LFE/RCA Inputs: The powered sub has gold plated left & right RCA line-level inputs for use with receivers having a subwoofer or stereo preamp output that do not contain their own low-pass crossover. There is also a dedicated LFE input, if your receiver has an LFE output and a built-in low-pass crossover.
Auto On/Off: The Focal powered sub's Auto On/Off feature will switch the powered subwoofer On and Off automatically by signal detection. The powered subwoofer will automatically switch on as soon as an audio signal is detected. The powered sub will enter "standby" mode when there has been no signal activity for 3 minutes or more.
Placement Options: The powered subwoofer can be placed almost anywhere in the room as bass sound is largely non-directional. For best results, place the subwoofer on the same side of the room as your front speakers. Corner placement will increase the powered subwoofer's output.
Applications: The Focal SUB 1000F powered sub is ideally suited to complement Focal's Aria 900 series series loudspeaker line-up and other brands of speakers, adding deep and rich bass extension to your movies and music soundtracks.