About the Focal Vestia Center
Make movie nights sound better than ever
The included base imparts a slight upward tilt if you're placing the Focal Vestia Center on a low cabinet or entertainment center.
Make movie nights sound better than ever
The Focal Vestia Center is designed to enhance the way you hear dialogue, music, and sound effects. It incorporates innovative tech originally developed for the company's superb Aria series. The sleek, sturdy cabinet houses a highly accurate 1" tweeter and dual 6-1/2" mid/bass woofers. The carefully designed drivers work together to produce robust sound that belies this center channel's relatively compact footprint. And it comes in three gorgeous finishes, so you can choose the one that best matches your decor.
The Vestia Center's drivers are hand-built in France, using a unique design process and high-tech materials.
The midbass drivers are made from proprietary Slatefiber, which uses recycled, non-woven carbon fibers as a filling sandwiched between two layers of thermoplastic polymer. It's a unique material that provides superior rigidity, damping, and lightness — the three "essentials" of a great speaker driver.
The tweeter is made from an aluminum/magnesium alloy, formed in Focal's exclusive M-shape, which increases rigidity, reduces distortion, and diffuses sound in a wider pattern. A finely tuned crossover network keeps all of the drivers working in perfect harmony.
Excellent build quality
All Vestia speakers feature ultra-rigid MDF cabinets with internal bracing to eliminate unwanted vibration. The Vestia Center features a bass-reflex design with two rear-firing ports for deep, accurate bass response. Use the included base to tilt the speaker upward when placed on a low cabinet top or entertainment center, or you can use a sturdy custom Focal Center Stand (sold separately). Either option adds a slight upward tilt to focus the soundstage toward the listener for better immersion.
Most speakers don't include any. Read our article about choosing and installing speaker wire.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- ultra-precise 1" aluminum/magnesium M-shaped inverted dome TAM tweeter
- urethane tweeter waveguide for improved horizontal directivity
- dual 6-1/2" Slatefiber woofers for natural-sounding midrange and solid bass
- frequency response: 58-30,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 40-200 watts
- sensitivity: 91.5 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- dual rear-firing ports for deeper bass response and reduced distortion
- binding posts accept pins, spade lugs, banana connectors, or bare wire
- removable magnetic cloth grille
- designed and built in France
- can be placed on included base or custom Focal Vestia Center Stand (sold separately)
Dimensions and warranty:
- 21-1/8"W x 8-1/2"H x 10-7/8"D
- weight: 22 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FVESTIACCLW
What's in the box:
Focal Vestia Center owner's manual
- Center-channel speaker
- 4 Rubber feet
- Rubber base
- User Manual
- Focal brochure
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Focal Vestia Center
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Inverted Hard-Dome|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||6-1/2|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Frequency Response||58-30k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" M-Shaped Inverted Dome TAM Tweeter: Made in France in the Focal Workshop, the M-shaped inverted dome TAM tweeter utilizes an impressive array of cutting-edge Focal technologies to reproduce highly detailed treble with harmonic balance. The tweeter is comprised of an inverted dome, made from an Aluminum/Magnesium alloy and molded into the famous M shape - a Focal exclusive. This exclusive design offers greater rigidity, reduces distortion, and provides a wider diffusion angle - delivering the finest high-frequency detail. A urethane tweeter wave guide improves horizontal directivity for an even better soundstage.
Dual 6.5" Slatefiber Cone Woofers: The Slatefiber cone (exclusive to Focal) is a composite cone technology that involves the use of recycled, non-woven carbon fibers applied as a sandwich between two layers of thermoplastic polymer. The combination of these two materials results in excellent acoustic performance, in terms of sound velocity as well as rigidity and damping. The Slatefiber cone is characterized by its dynamic, rich and ultra-balanced sound, particularly in the midrange. In their quest for perfection, Focal engineers have opted to use non-woven carbon fibers, all pointing in the same direction to achieve even greater rigidity, better damping but also lightness.
- Rigidity: The carbon fiber alone provides extraordinary rigidity. What's more, as they are all oriented in the same direction, these fibers further increase the speaker driver's rigidity, and therefore enable more bass to be achieved.
- Damping: The carbon fibers are aligned, but non-woven to ensure better damping. Thermoplastic polymer is also located within the fibers to provide the bond between them and increase damping.
- Lightness: In addition to rigidity and damping criteria, the Slatefiber cone is also lightweight. During the development phase, special attention was paid to the weight of the cone to optimize sensitivity. Hence, a combination of carbon fiber and thermoplastic polymer was chosen due to their lightweight qualities.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The Vestia Center employs a bass-reflex enclosure with two aerodynamic rear-firing ports for greater efficiency, bigger bass response, and low distortion. The enclosure features ultra-rigid MDF construction for controlled resonance and impressive neutrality. The front baffle is covered with a leather material for damping purposes to suppress unwanted vibration. An acoustic transparent cloth grille magnetically attaches to the front of the speaker.
Note: The speaker cabinet is available in a Gloss Black, Light Wood, or Dark Wood finish.
Binding Post Terminals: The Focal Vestia Series loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). Plastic inserts inside the binding posts will need to be removed in order to use banana plugs.
Mounting & Placement Options: The Vestia Center is designed to be used as a center-channel loudspeaker for your home theater system. It can be mounted on a stand, shelf, tabletop, or other flat and sturdy mounting surface. The speaker should be centered above or below your TV. Rubber feet are included to isolate the speaker from your mounting surface and to protect your mounting surface (the feet adds 0.125" to the overall height of the speaker).. There is also a rubber base included that allows you to angle the Center upward or downward, if its mounted to low or to high. Screws underneath the speaker cabinet will need to removed to fit the base. The base add 0.625" to the overall height of the speaker.
- Generally, the closer the center speaker is to the rear wall the more the bass frequencies will be reinforced.
- If bass frequencies become to "muddy" or "boomy", move the center speaker away from the wall.
Note: The Vestia Center does not include any bracket, keyhole-slot, or threaded insert to wall mount the speaker.
Focal Vestia Series: Made in France in Focal's own workshop, the Vestia Series combines beautifully designed cabinetry with advanced driver technology for pure sound that delivers the finest details. The Vestia Series equipped with Slatefiber cone drivers and the "M"-shaped inverted dome TAM tweeter - both exclusive Focal innovations. The Vocal Vestia Series line-up consists of three floorstanding speakers (N4/N3/N2), one bookshelf speaker (N1) and a center-channel speaker (Center).
Optional Powered Sub: For even bigger bass response, add a Focal powered subwoofer (sold separately) to the Vestia Series speakers.