About the Thule UpRide
One rack to hold them all
One rack to hold them all
Bicycles come in all sorts of shapes and sizes these days, and this versatile bike rack is designed to carry them securely – well, most of them, anyway. The OutRide is sleek, light, and easy to use, plus it folds down into a sleek, wind-friendly shape when not in use.
Accommodates all kinds of bikes
The OutRide will accommodate regular road and mountain bikes, but it also works with carbon frames, non-traditional frame designs, and bikes with rear suspension and/or bottle cages. There's a hook for the front wheel, so the rack won't contact the bike frame at all. A ratcheting wheel strap holds the rear wheel in place and any tire up to 3” wide will fit. Add the Thule UpRide Fatbike Adapter (sold separately), and it'll work with tires up to 5” wide.
You can lock your bike to the rack and the rack to your vehicle with optional Thule locks (sold separately) and the OutRide works with Thule's One Key system.
- universal-mount roof rack bike carrier
- fits 20"-29" wheel bikes with up to a 3" rear tire (5" adapter sold separately)
- secure front wheel hook means no frame contact
- ratcheting rear wheel strap
- fits roof racks with 20mm x 20mm T-tracks
- suitable for a variety of frame types, including carbon frames
- fits Thule SquareBar
- works with Thule One Key system
- carrier switches easily from one side of vehicle to the other
- load capacity: 44 lbs.
- weight: 17 lbs.
- dimensions: 64" x 13" x 4-5/16"
- Thru-axle compatible
- locks sold separately
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 599000
What's in the box:
- Roof bike-rack assembly
- Allen key
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Thule UpRide
Overview: The Thule UpRide Roof-Top Bike Rack (599000) is a universal upright bike rack with no frame contact, providing a fast and secure roof-top mounting system with maximum frame protection. The bike rack's design allows your bike to sit upright. Its "X"-style front hook securely holds the front wheel, while a ratcheting wheel strap secures the rear wheel to the tray. The versatile rack system can accommodate bikes with non-traditional frame designs, rear suspension, and bottle cages, and is also suitable for carbon frame bikes. The UpRide Roof-Top Bike Rack fits most 20"-29" bike wheels with tires up to 3" wide, and a maximum bike weight of up to 44 lbs. The rack system can easily be switched from one side of the vehicle to the other.
- Load Capacity: 1 Bike (up to 44 lbs.)
- Bike Rack Weight: 17 lbs.
- Dimensions: 64" (W) x 13" (H) x 4.3" (D)
- Max Wheel Diameter: 29"
- Max Wheel Base: 51"
- One-Key System Compatible: Yes
- Thru-Axle Compatible: Yes
- Compatible Rack Systems:
- Thule TracRac - Truck
- Thule TracRac - Van
- 20x20mm T-Tracks
- Materials: Aluminum (black)