About the Thule 847 Outrigger II
Thule's 847 Outrigger II retractable bar comes in handy when you're loading your boat up on a roof rack all by yourself. It fits inside a Thule standard load bar and slides out when you need to leverage a large load to your vehicle's roof.
Just slide out the Outrigger II, and lift one end of your boat onto the bar it rests there while you lift the other end of the boat up onto your carrier. All Thule equipment passes tough European safety standards for car racks.
- retractable bar extends from inside load bar
- compatible with Thule standard load bars only
- provides pivot point for loading boats on tall vehicles, or an extra hand when loading a boat by yourself
- integrated load stop prevents boat from sliding off bar when loading and unloading
- prevents unwanted boat to vehicle contact
- allows for full length of load bar to be utilized for other accessories
- sturdy steel bar encased with aluminum
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 847
What's in the box:
- Aluminum steel bar
- 2 Stops
- End cap
- Hex key
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Thule 847 Outrigger II
Overview: The Thule 847-Outrigger II is great for the lone boater because its extension bar provides the extra hand when loading a boat by yourself. The 847-Outrigger's retractable bar extends from inside load bar and provides pivot point for loading boats on tall vehicles. By fitting inside the load bar, it allows for full length of load bar to be utilized for other accessories. The 847-Outrigger II also prevents unwanted boat to vehicle contact preventing damage. Its strength and great looks are provided by a steel bar that is encased with aluminum. An integrated load stop prevents your boat from sliding off load bar when loading and unloading your boat. The 874-Outrigger II only fits Thule standard load bars.