About the Thule 870004 RodVault 4
Let's go fishing
Let's go fishing
Thule's RodVault 4 fishing rod rack can hold four fully rigged fly rods safely and securely on your vehicle's roof rack, so you'll be ready for action when you get to your favorite fishin' hole. A universal mounting system allows you to fit this carrier to almost any roof rack. Each rod tube can accommodate a pole up to 10-feet long and features polypropylene lining to protect your valuable gear. Each heavy-duty reel case can fit a reel up to 4.25" in diameter, plus a fighting butt pole extension.
Fits rods with a fighting butt (left)
- holds 4 fully assembled fly fishing rods up to 10-feet long
- aircraft-grade, anodized aluminum rod tubes with protective polypropylene interior lining
- glass-reinforced nylon reel case accommodates reels up to 4.25" in diameter with a fighting butt
- lockable to vehicle with padlock (not included)
- dimensions: 127-3/4" x 15-1/4" x 8"
- weight: 35.7 lbs.
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 870004
What's in the box:
Thule 870004 RodVault 4 owner's manual
- 64" Front tube assembly
- 63.75" Rear tube assembly with attached reel-canister
- 4 Couplers with six 16mm pre-installed screws in each (couplers are installed on the rear tube assembly)
- 4 Tube clamps (installed on tubes)
- Magnetic rubber strap (attached inside reel canister)
- 4 Mounting clamps
- 4 Mounting clamp covers
- 4 Mounting clamp bases
- Eight 2-1/2" King bolts (Xsporter adapter hardware)
- Four 2-1/2" hex-socket bolts
- Eight 2" hex-socket bolts (4 are pre-installed in tube clamps)
- 4 Large flat-washers
- 8 Small flat-washers
- 4 Lock-washers
- 6mm Allen wrench
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2 Keys
- Installation instructions (En/Sp/Fr/Other)
- Product registration information
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Thule 870004 RodVault 4
Overview: The Thule RodVault 4 Fishing Rod Rack is designed to mount to a wide variety of vehicle roof rack load bars (sold separately) for safely transporting up to 4 fully assembled fly fishing rods. The RodVault 4 can accommodate fly fishing rods up to 10' in length and reel diameters up to 4.25" with fighting butts (rods and reels not included). The RodVault 4 features aircraft-grade, anodized aluminum rod tubes and a heavy-duty, glass reinforced, nylon reel canister for maximum protection. Each rod tube is polypropylene lined for added rod, guide, and tip protection.
Mounting Compatibility: The RodVault 4 includes a universal mounting system that's designed to clamp to a wide range of vehicle roof rack load bars, including Thule WingBar Evo, SquareBar Evo, ProBar Evo, Xsporter Pro, and TracRac-Van (not compatible with TracRac-Truck).
Security: The Thule RodVault 4 features a locking reel canister with 2 included keys. The fishing rod rack can be locked to the vehicle using a small padlock (sold separately).
- Capacity: 4 Fly Fishing Rods
- Overall Dimensions:
- Length: 127.75" (10.65')
- Width: 15.25"
- Height: 7.95"
- Rod Tube Inner Diameter: 1.522"
- Maximum Rod Length: 10'
- Maximum Reel Diameter: 4.25" (with fighting butts)
- Mounting Height Above Load Bars: 2.375"
- Maximum Load Bar Diameter: 1.125" (approx.)
- Weight: 35.7 lbs.