About the Eclipse AVN5435
Eclipse's engineers didn't hold anything back when they designed the AVN5435 DVD player. It does the work of multiple components: it plays your CDs, handles your DVDs, and navigates wherever you need to go in the United States. Its 6.5" video screen offers both a beautiful picture and convenient touchscreen system control. And it fits perfectly in the 4" tall, double-sized dash opening in your vehicle.
Eclipse's powerful, accurate navigation system allows you to enter your destination in just a few moments using the straightfoward menus. Pick an address, street name, or intersection, or choose from millions of points of interest, including restaurants, hotels, gas stations, then customize your route preferences. Thanks to the AVN5435's dedicated slots for DVD and CD, you can listen to your CDs while the system navigates, without having to remove the included map disc.
Of course, the system can play your DVD videos, too. When you're parked, you can enjoy your favorite movies on the AVN5435's screen. If you connect an extra video screen to the video output, your backseat passengers can keep enjoying the video while the car's in motion (unless the map disc is in the DVD).
You'll also be able to groove to the MP3 files you've burned on CD. The screen offers nine folders or file names at a time for easy selection of your favorite tracks. Eclipse's comprehensive sound controls ensure that all your music sounds exactly right. Adjustment's a snap, too: with the touchscreen controls, you can even simply trace your equalizer curve with your finger, rather than adjusting each band individually.
Connect an optional SIRIUS satellite radio and enjoy the wide variety of satellite programming. Attach the Eclipse HD Radio tuner, and you'll get improved AM/FM reception that's available in an ever-growing number of locations. Three sets of 5-volt preamp outputs send an ultra-clean signal to any external amplifiers you connect to drive your speakers and subs.
For added safety, you can also connect an Eclipse rear-view camera. A clear view of what's behind on appears on the AVN5435's screen; you can even set it up so that the rear-view picture pops up automatically when you put your vehicle in reverse.
Note: Your dash must have a 4" opening for the AVN5435 to fit; the 3" openings found in some vehicles, especially GM and Chrysler, will not accommodate it. Please enter your vehicle information or call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this model is compatible with your vehicle.
Crutchfield A/V writer Matt Holliday put the AVN5435 through its paces recently. Get the whole story in his in-depth review.
- DVD/CD navigation receiver with built-in amplifier (15 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels, CEA-2006 compliant)
- fits double-sized (4" tall) dash openings
- motorized 6.5" LCD video screen with adjustable display angle and touchscreen controls
- day and night display modes
- three selectable background images
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, DVDs, DVD-R/RWs, and MP3 discs
- GPS navigation (includes GPS antenna and map DVD-ROM)
- millions of points of interest (hotels, restaurants, gas stations, etc.)
- easy access to emergency information
- customizable route preferences
- separate CD and DVD slots
- five soundfields: cathedral, club, concert, live, theater
- 9-band parametric EQ
- 5 preset EQ curves
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready (you can add SIRIUS for under $100, plus subscription)
- HD Radio-ready (Eclipse HD Radio tuner required)
- CD changer control
- audio/video input
- rear-view camera input
- audio/video output
- 5-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
- AM/FM tuner
- CD signal-to-noise ratio: 90 dB
- FM sensitivity: 12 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AVN5435
What's in the box:
- Double-DIN DVD receiver with 6.5" LCD screen
- 8 Flat-head ISO-DIN mounting screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 8 Hex-head ISO-DIN mounting bolts (M5 x 8mm)
- Power/Front speaker wiring harness
- Preamp output/Sensor input wiring harness (installed)
- Rear speaker wiring harness
- Video input/steering wheel control wiring harness
- 6-1/2" Antenna extension cable
- GPS antenna with attached 19.5' cable
- Waterproof rubber cushion for GPS antenna cable
- 2 Self-adhesive foam rubber pads (9-3/4" x 3")
- Ground plate (2-1/2" x 2-1/2") for in-cab mounting of GPS antenna
- Body protective sheet for external mounting of GPS antenna
- 3 Wire splicing clamps
- 3 Self-adhesive wire mounting clamps
- Four 8" wire ties
- Map for Eclipse Navigation System on DVD-ROM (Ver.1.2)
- Installation Manual
- Audio manual
- Navigation manual
- Reference Guide
- Warranty card
- 2 Eclipse Security Network window decals
Eclipse AVN5435 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Eclipse AVN5435
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||---|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||15 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green (headlights on)|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||12 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
6.5" Widescreen TFT Display: The Eclipse AVN5435 is equipped with a 6.5" Widescreen TFT display with touch control. The LCD panel has 280,800 pixels (400 x 240 x 3) and an anti-glare coating. The motorized screen slides down and out to allow you access to the disc slots. You can also set the display panel to one of 6 angles for best viewing.
Dual Disc Slots: Behind the motorized LCD panel, the AVN5435 has two disc slots: one for CDs and MP3 discs, and another for DVDs and the supplied Eclipse Navigation disc. You can independently load and eject discs from each slot, allowing you to listen to a CD or MP3 disc while using the DVD navigation function.
Digital Circuitry: For best sonic performance, all audio signals are processed in the digital domain. Analog AM and FM signals are sent through an A/D (analog-to-digital) converter, and CD, MP3 and DVD audio signals remain digital before entering the unit's digital signal processor. All parameters for processing, such as EQ, speaker time alignment, and gain, are performed in the digital domain, which minimizes distortion and gives you a higher signal-to-noise ratio. Just before the output stage, the processed digital signals are converted to analog by the high-performance 24-bit Delta Sigma D/A converter.
Digital Signal Processor: The unit's DSP offers three sound adjustments for total audio control:
- Soundfield Control: The DSP's Soundfield Control features 5 distinctive acoustic environments to match your listening tastes: concert, live, cathedral, club, and theater.
- 9-Band EQ: Using the touchscreen controls, you can adjust the following EQ bands +/-10dB in 2dB steps: 63Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, and 12kHz. In addition, the unit's EQ has five memory presets for different music genres: Pops, Rock, Jazz, Classic, and Vocal. You can also set the EQ to "Flat".
- Listening Position: The digitally time-aligned listening position settings approximates the ideal position of being equidistant from the speakers. You can select one of four listening positions: front left, front right, all front, or all rear. You can also set the balance and fade volume controls using the touch controls.
5-Volt, Low-Impedance Preamp Outputs: To assure a clean, strong signal to connected amplifiers, the AVN5435 has 3 pairs of 5-volt preamp outputs with an impedance of 55Ω. High-voltage, low-impedance outputs give you a very high signal-to-noise ratio and a wide dynamic range.
A/V Inputs/Outputs: The AVN5435 is equipped with one audio/video input with composite video and stereo RCA audio jacks for connecting a VCR or game console. Video from the A/V input can only be viewed when the vehicle is stopped and the parking brake engaged. The unit also has a composite video output for connecting an external monitor.
ESN Security: This unit incorporates the Eclipse Security Network. You can register one of the music CDs in your collection as the "key" CD which unlocks the security. If the registered CD is not detected, the navigation and audio functions will be disabled when the unit is disconnected from and reconnected to the vehicle's battery. You can turn the security on or off, or change the "key" CD as desired.
Sirius Satellite Radio Ready: The SiriusConnect SIR-ECL1 (item # 099SIRECL1) plugs directly into the AVN5435's E-LAN bus connection to give you access to over 120 channels of digital-quality radio programming, including 65 commercial-free music channels and over 55 channels of sports, news, and original programming. The SIR-ECL1 has an E-LAN pass-through connection that allows you to connect other compatible Eclipse components such as a CD changer. Note: A subscription to Sirius is required in order to receive programming.
HD Radio Ready: The AVN5435 is compatible with the optional HDR105 HD Radio Tuner (item #099HDR105). When the HDR105 is connected, you can enjoy the digital sound quality of your favorite radio stations that are now broadcasting in HD. Digital broadcasts from FM stations sound as good as CDs, and AM stations sound as good as today's analog FM stations. The tuner has an E-LAN pass-through connection, allowing you to daisy chain an Eclipse CD changer.
Rear View Camera Ready: The AVN5435 has a dedicated rear port for plugging in the optional BEC104 (item #099BEC104) Rear View Camera. The BEC104 is designed to assist you with rear parking or eliminate the dangerous blind spot immediately behind your vehicle. In the setup menu, you can select Auto or Manual operation of the rear view camera. When Auto is selected, and the reverse gear detection wire is properly connected, the image from the rear camera will appear on the LCD panel whenever you put the vehicle in reverse gear. When Manual is selected, you can view the rear view camera image by simply switching to the Rear View Camera source.
CD Changer Ready: You can connect up to two Eclipse 8-disc CD changers to the AVN5435 thorough the E-LAN bus connector. The CH3083 CD changer (item #099CH3083) has a pass-through connection to allow you to daisy chain another CH3083 changer. You can independently select either changer from the head unit. The AVN5435 has the following CD Changer controls: Direct Track Select, Direct Disc Select, Repeat Song, Repeat Disc, Track Random, Disc Random, Track Intro Scan, Disc Intro Scan, Disc Skip, Track Skip, Fast Forward, and Fast Reverse.
DVD-ROM Navigation: The AVN5435 features built-in DVD Navigation, and includes one DVD-ROM disc from GDT (Geographic Data Technologies) and Navtech, containing the 8.5GB map database of the United States and Canada (except for Hawaii and Alaska). The navigation system uses maps and vocal instructions to guide you as you are driving.
GPS: The unit uses the Global Positioning System (GPS) to pinpoint your present location by using latitudinal and longitudinal data received from three or more satellites. A GPS antenna is included with the unit, and should be mounted in a position (inside or outside) with a clear view of the sky.
Search Methods: The navigation system gives you several methods for searching for a destination:
- Address: By simply inputting the street name and street number, you can display a map showing the destination.
- Points of Interest (POI): The map database contains some 5.62 million points of interest (parks, schools, hospitals, restaurants, banks, etc.) which can be entered as a destination. You can also display the icons of specific types of POIs on the maps as you travel to show you the nearest gas station, restaurant, ATM, grocery store, or hotel.
- Freeway Exit/Entrance: A search can be initiated using the name of a freeway or an exit or entrance.
- Intersection: By entering the name of the 2 intersecting streets, you can display a map of the intersection.
- Coordinates: A map can be displayed by directly entering the latitude and longitude coordinates.
- Emergency Search: In the event of an emergency, a search can be initiated for the nearest police station or hospital to your present position.
- Destination Archives: A map can be retrieved using entries previously set in the destination archive.
- Registered Point: A map can be retrieved using your home or a point registered in the memory.
Route Calculation: Once a destination is selected, the AVN5435 will instantly offer three recommended routes to choose from: Quick 1, Quick 2, and Short. Up to 2 roads can be assigned as "must travel sections" so the unit will always include them in the route. Up to 10 areas to avoid because of chronic traffic congestion or other reasons can be input, so the unit will automatically work out the best detours. You can also insert up to 5 locations as stopping points along the route to a destination, and the unit will include those point when calculating the route.
Rerouting: If you accidentally or on purpose leave the recommended route, a new alternate route will instantly be recalculated and displayed. Typical rerouting takes only about 5 seconds.
Screen Adjustments: The unit automatically switches between the day screen (for use during daylight) and the night screen (for use at night) depending upon whether the vehicle's lights are on or off. You can choose from five display colors for both the daytime and nighttime screens, plus you can adjust the brightness and contrast of the on-screen display at any time.
Zooming: You can change the on-screen map scale to give you more or less detail. Using the touch controls, you can zoom in to a map scale of 150 feet, or zoom out to a map scale of 250 miles. Using the split screen function, you can combine maps of different scales on the screen at the same time.