About the Eclipse CD5000
Add style to your dash with the CD5000 CD player from Eclipse. Its high-definition display adds a calming blue glow to your cabin day and night, and it looks great against the black, motorized faceplate. You even get a rotary volume knob for hands-on adjustments.
The display also offers a nice, easy-to-read canvas for Eclipse's convenient E-iSERV Area Shot mapping system. Included software allows you to download trip directions from your PC onto a disc. Play the disc in the CD5000, and you'll see text directions and direction arrows on your screen, guiding the way.
The CD5000 can play back the MP3 and WMA files that you've burned to disc, but it also includes a Memory Stick input for handy, plug-and-play storage. Eclipse's advanced DSP offers a 7-band parametric EQ, time alignment, and SRS sound enhancement, giving you the ability to pinpoint the exact sound you want in your vehicle.
Three sets of preamp outputs send a powerful 8-volt signal to your external amps for maximum performance with minimum noise. Choose from the five selectable filter settings to customize the output to match your speaker system.
Want more entertainment? Use the auxiliary input to connect your portable music player, DVD player, or other external source. If you have an iPod, you can use Eclipse's optional iPod interface adapter to connect and control the player right from the CD5000. Controls for an optional SIRIUS satellite radio or HD Radio tuner make it easy to add to the fun.
- CD player with built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files)
- motorized, slide-open faceplate
- blue VF display with five selectable button colors
- spectrum analyzer
- Eclipse DSP with 7-band parametric EQ and time alignment
- SRS Circle II Surround
- three sets of 8-volt preamp outputs
- subwoofer control with low-pass filter
- five settings for the selectable high- and low-pass filters
- auxiliary input
- Memory Stick input
- CD changer controls
- satellite radio-ready (SIRIUS tuner, subscription, and antenna required)
- controls for an Eclipse iPod adapter
- HD Radio-ready
- CD Text compatible
- ESN anti-theft protection
- E-iSERV compatible with Area Shot trip directions (arrows and text) appear on display
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- seek tuning
- remote control
- CD frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
- FM sensitivity: 13 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CD5000
What's in the box:
- CD/MP3/WMA receiver
- Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness (with in-line 10A glass fuse on +12V Constant lead)
- 2 Side brackets
- 4 Hex/Phillips-head ISO screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 4 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 8mm)
- Stud bolt
- Rubber bushing
- Face fixing screw
- Owner's Manual (English/Spanish/French)
- Installation Manual (English/Spanish/French)
- Warranty/Registration card
- Manual corrections
Eclipse CD5000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Eclipse CD5000
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||Memory Stick (ATRAC3)|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Sirius|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||8 volts|
|Display Color||Blue VF|
|Key Button Color||5-way selectable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||13 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
MP3/WMA Playback: The Eclipse CD5000 can play MP3 and WMA files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs in ISO 9660 Level 1 and 2. Recommended bit rates for MP3 are 64-320 kbps and for WMA, 48-320 kbps. Variable bit rates from 64 to 320 kbps for MP3 and 48 to 320 kbps for WMA can be used, however there will likely be a discrepancy in the time display. The receiver can recognize a total of 999 files and folders, 255 folders, or 8 directory layers on a single disc. The receiver can show the names of albums and artists, and ID3 Tags for MP3 and WMA.
CD Text: If a CD Text disc is inserted, the receiver will display the artist name, disc title and track title information.
ATRAC3: This unit can play ATRAC3 music files recorded onto Memory Stick media. Compatible media include MagicGate (MG) Memory Sticks with a capacity of up to 128 MB. Memory Stick Duo must be used with the Memory Stick Duo adapter. Playback functions include Next/Previous track, Fast Forward/Rewind, Intro Scan (first 10 seconds of each track), Track Repeat, and Track Random. Artist names and track titles up to 14 characters can be displayed when recorded on the MG Memory Stick. No Memory Sticks are supplied with the unit. Note: Memory Sticks containing ATRAC3 Plus, MP3 or WMA files are not compatible.
ESN Security: This unit is equipped with the Eclipse Security Network with three levels of security:
- Key CD: You can register a particular music CD as a "key" device which unlocks the security. If the registered CD is not detected, the navigation and audio functions will be disabled when the main unit is disconnected from and reconnected to the vehicle's battery. You can turn the security on or off, or change the "key" CD as desired.
- Memory Stick: You can record a Memory Stick and a secret code (security code) with the main unit. Once constant power is restored, you can insert the Memory Stick, enter the 4-digit code, and unlock the unit.
- ACC Security: This method can be used when Memory Stick security has already been set. When security is set, button operations are disabled when the ignition switch is turned to OFF and then back to ACC.
New Area Shot: Using the special E-iSERV website from Eclipse, you can download map data for the U.S. and Canada (from NAVTEQ) and driving instructions to your destination and burn the data to a CD-R or Memory Stick for importing into the CD5000. The New Area Shot feature allows you to display the driving instructions to your destination on the receiver, including arrows indicating turn directions. Text information includes intersection street names and turn directions. With the optional GPS unit connected (item # 099GPS105), you get automatic map switching, a guidance tone, and real-time readouts of the distance remaining to the next intersection as the car travels.
Radio Band Switching: If you wish to take the receiver out of the country, the tuner frequencies and interval can be switched on any of four possible regions:
- FM: 87.7-107.9 MHz (0.2 MHz step)
- AM: 530-1710 kHz (10 kHz step)
- Asia (includes Europe):
- FM: 87.5-108.0 MHz (0.05 MHz step)
- AM: 522-1629 kHz (9 kHz step)
- FM: 87.5-108.0 MHz (0.1 MHz step)
- AM: 522-1710 kHz (9 kHz step)
- Latin America:
- FM: 87.75-107.9 MHz (0.1 MHz step)
- AM: 530-1710 kHz (10 kHz step)
Loudness: To provide a boost of bass and treble when listening at low levels, you can turn on the Loudness contour. When activated, the loudness provides a +10dB boost at 100Hz and a +6.5dB boost at 10kHz.
High-volt Preamp Outputs: The CD5000 features three sets of 8-volt, low-impedance (55Ω) preamp outputs, including a non-fading output for a subwoofer. You can independently adjust the level of the non-fading output (0 to 6).
Digital-To-Analog Converter: This unit is equipped with an advanced 24-bit Delta Sigma D/A converter.
Source Volume Controls (SVC): Because the level of each source can vary greatly, the Source Volume Controls allow you to raise or lower the volume of AM radio, CD, and Memory Stick audio compared to the FM radio signal. The volume differences can be set within a range of -10 to +20.
Sound Adjustment Modes: The CD5000 is equipped with two different Sound Adjustment modes:
- Normal: The sound
characteristics can be adjusted using comparatively simple settings.
Adjustments that can be made include:
- DSP: The DSP function reproduces the sound characteristics in certain environments. You can select between Concert, Live, Club, Cathedral, and Stadium. Selecting "Defeat" turns off the DSP effect.
- Seat Position: When a listener's seat is selected, the time taken for the sound to travel from the speakers to the listener is adjusted for a more natural sound. You can select up to four different seating positions can be set: Front Left, Front Right, Front, and Rear.
- Crossover: The crossover setting allows you to apply a low pass filter (LPF) on the non-fading output and a high pass filter (HPF) on the front and rear outputs. You can independently select a cut-off frequency between 63Hz and 200Hz for the LPF and the HPF. The slope for the crossover can be set to 6dB, 12dB, or 18dB per octave or Pass (no crossover).
- Multi-Harmonizer: The Multi-Harmonizer uses harmonic synthesis to restore the high-frequency component that is lost as a result of the compression process for MP3/WMA/ATRAC3. Better sound can be obtained during MP3, WMA, or ATRAC3 playback when the Multi-Harmonizer is activated. You can select between high and low effectiveness.
- Non-fader: The phase and output level of the non-fading output can be adjusted. You can also select a stereo or mono signal.
- Advanced: Some of the
normal settings are used, plus these more sophisticated settings:
- SRS Circle Surround II: Surround sound is achieved by combining SRS TruBass, which uses the difference between two different frequencies to boost bass tones, and SRS Circle Surround, which uses 2-channel correlation to expand the sound.
- Parametric EQ: The
parametric equalizer lets you adjust 7 frequency bands by +/-10dB. Up to
5 EQ patterns can be saved in memory for future use. The following
frequencies can be selected for each band:
- Band 1: 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz
- Band 2: 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz
- Band 3: 250Hz, 315Hz, 400Hz, 500Hz
- Band 4: 630Hz, 800Hz, 1kHz, 1.25kHz
- Band 5: 1.6kHz, 2kHz, 2.5kHz, 3.15kHz
- Band 6: 4kHz, 5kHz, 6.3kHz, 8kHz
- Band 7: 10kHz, 12.5kHz, 16kHz
- Time Alignment: Using 4 parameters (position selector, vehicle type, tweeter settings, rear speaker settings), the time alignment settings for each speaker are set without having to measure speaker distances.
- E-iSERV Sound Effect Customizations: The parametric EQ, time alignment, and crossover settings can be adjusted using the head unit or through the Eclipse E-iSERV website. Settings can be stored on CD-R or Memory Stick and uploaded to the head unit.
Motion Picture Display: The background display can be selected from three motion picture displays and a source icon. The motion picture displays include rockets, dancing shapes, and motorcycles. The source icons include a semi-circular disc for CD and a satellite antenna for the tuner. You can download other motion picture displays from the E-iSERV website, or create your own with up to 70 digital still images sequenced into a 7-second animated clip.
Illumination: During normal operations, the main display is on and the Disc, AM/FM, Sound, and Display buttons and the rings on the Audio Control and Select dials are illuminated. When the vehicle's lights are turned on, the CD Eject, Mute, Return, Power, up/down and the 6 preset buttons are illuminated as well. The orange/white wire in the unit's harness must be connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit in order for the additional buttons to illuminate when the lights are turned on. You can select one of five button illumination combinations: Blue/Red, Blue/Green, Blue/Amber, All Red, or All Amber.
Remote Control: The CD5000 can be controlled by the supplied RMC105 remote control. With the remote you can access the following functions: Power, Mode, Volume Up/Dn, Source select (Disc/Tuner/Aux), Band select, Mute, Preset Channel Up/Dn, Disc Up/Dn, Track Up/Dn, and Tune/Seek Up/Dn.
Compatible with Factory Steering Wheel Radio Controls: Through the special E-iSERV website from Eclipse, you can download software that enables factory steering wheel remote operation of the CD5000. This software can be burned to a CD-R and imported into the receiver. Two wires (brown/black and brown) in the supplied wiring harness need to be connected to factory wiring in order for steering wheel remote commands can operate. To take advantage of the optional wired remote capability of this unit, you must have a vehicle with steering wheel radio controls. Note: Depending upon the vehicle's make and model, not all downloaded material may be compatible with steering wheel remote functions.
Auxiliary Input: The CD5000 has an auxiliary input on a 7" pigtail on the rear with RCA jacks. You can set the input sensitivity of the Aux input to Low (1 Vrms), Mid (480 mVrms), or High (240 mVrms). The optional AUX105 Aux cord (item #099AUX105) can be plugged into the E-LAN connector if a second auxiliary input is needed. If the AUX105 is used, you cannot add a CD changer.
iPod Ready: You can enjoy music from your Apple iPod when it's connected to the head unit via the optional Eclipse iPC-106 Interface Adapter for iPod (item # 099IPC106). The adapter is compatible only with iPods with a dock connector. While connected, the unit will power the unit, and charge the iPod's battery. You can perform playlist, album, artist, genre, or song searches. Playback functions include track up/dn, fast forward/rewind, track repeat, track random play, and album random play. Display selections include song, album, or artist. The iPC-106's E-LAN pass-through allows you to add a CD changer to your system.
HD Radio Ready: The CD5000 is compatible with the optional HDR105 HD Radio Tuner (item #099HDR105). When the HDR105 is connected, you can enjoy the digital sound quality of your favorite radio stations that are now broadcasting in HD. Digital broadcasts from FM stations sound as good as CDs, and AM stations sound as good as today's analog FM stations. The tuner has an E-LAN pass-through connection, allowing you to daisy chain an Eclipse CD changer.
SIRIUS Satellite Ready: The SIRIUS Connect SIR-ECL1 (item # 099SIRECL1) plugs directly into the CD5000's E-LAN bus connection to give you access to over 120 channels of digital-quality radio programming, including 65 commercial-free music channels and over 55 channels of sports, news, and original programming. When you are listening to SIRIUS programming, you can choose to display (one line) the channel name, category name, song/program title, artist, or SIRIUS unit ID number. Long names/titles will scroll across the display. The SIR-ECL1 has an E-LAN pass-through connection that allows you to connect other compatible Eclipse components such as a CD changer. Note: A subscription to SIRIUS is required in order to receive programming.
E-LAN Bus: The CD5000 can control up to two Eclipse CH3083 8-disc CD changers (item # 099CH3083) through its E-LAN Bus connector.
Changer Controls: When an optional CD changer is connected, the CD5000 has the following controls: Track Skip, Disc Skip, Fast Forward/Fast Reverse, Track Intro Scan, Disc Intro Scan, Track Repeat, Disc Repeat, Disc Random, All Disc Random, and Direct Disc Select (Discs 1-12).