About the Midland ER210 E+Ready
When it's time to go, take this
When it's time to go, take this
Nature has a plan, but you don't always know what that is. So you might want to make your own plan, just in case. Part of that plan should include a versatile emergency radio/charger like the Midland ER210 E+READY. This compact, reliable device is an essential for your bug-out bag, roadside emergency kit, and more. It has multiple power options, an LED flashlight, a USB charging port, and more, so you and yours can stay clued in and charged up.
It's a rechargeable recharger
The heart of the ER210 is a 2000 mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery that gives you up to 25 hours of normal use. You can also keep this rugged device charged up using the built-in solar panel, the hand crank, or plugging it in with the included USB charging cable.
A useful USB jack
The ER210's battery can also charge your smartphone or tablet using the USB jack – an essential when the power goes out and you need to keep in touch.
See and be seen with a powerful flashlight
The ER210's built-in flashlight uses remarkably bright 1400-lux Cree® LEDs. The brightness is adjustable, so you can conserve the battery when you need to. You can also use it as an SOS beacon and flash in Morse code if you need emergency assistance.
Tune in and stay informed
You can tune in to AM or FM radio for news and alerts, or switch over to NOAA Weather Radio for up-to-the-minute forecast information and emergency alerts.
Not just for emergencies
The ER210 comes in handy when the weather's nice, too. Take it to the beach, the campsite, the park, or the pool. It packs a lot of features into a compact case that fits in your go-bag or backpack.
- rechargeable emergency flashlight/radio/charging combo
- ideal for emergency preparedness, camping, beach, park, and everyday use
- charge via solar, hand crank, or USB cable
- AM/FM, plus NOAA Weather Radio
- 2000 mAh rechargeable Li-Ion battery gives up to 25 hours of normal use
- 1400 Lux Cree® LEDs light up the night
- charge your smartphone or tablet through the USB port
- SOS flashlight beacon — activates Morse code for emergency assistance
- selectable low/high flashlight brightness settings to conserve battery life
- dimensions: 6.5" x 2.8" x 1.9"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ER210
What's in the box:
- Emergency crank radio
- Rechargeable battery (pre-installed)
- 40" USB charging cable (type-A to micro-B)
- Owner's Manual
- Quickstart guide
- Emergency checklist
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Midland ER210 E+Ready
Rechargeable 2000mAh Battery: The Midland E+Ready Emergency Crank Radio (ER210) is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery (3.7V/2000mAH) that provides up to 25 hours of radio operation. The long-life Li-Ion battery is replaceable. The lithium-ion battery can be charged via the emergency radio's integrated solar-panel, built-in hand crank or a USB power source.
- Solar Panel: Thanks to the integrated solar-panel, you can recharge the internal lithium- ion battery by exposing the built-in solar panel to direct sunlight. The battery icon on the LCD screen will flash while charging and display 3 bars when fully charged.
- Hand Crank (Dynamo Power): You can also recharge the radio during a power outage or anytime away from a power source with the built-in hand crank. Cranking speed and time will determine how fast the Li-ion battery will charge. The battery icon on the LCD screen will flash as the battery charges and will display 3 bars when fully charged
- USB Power Source: The ER210 features a microUSB port and comes with a 40" micro-B to type-A USB charging cable to charge the emergency radio from a USB power source (sold separately). It takes approximately 5.5 hours to fully recharge the battery via USB. The battery icon will flash during charging an will display 3 bars when fully charged.
Weather Alert Radio: The NOAA/NWS (National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration and the National Weather Service) operates a system of weather and hazard alert broadcasts covering most of the United States. Typical broadcasts are within reception distance of 25-50 miles of the weather station. The ER210 can receive broadcasts up to 50 miles from the weather station depending on your location and conditions of weather, terrain, etc. If reception is not good, try a different location to find a spot of improved reception. If indoors, placement near a window usually improves reception. When the Weather Alert function (WX Alert) is activated and a weather alert is received, the ER210 will sound an audible siren and the flashlight will flash on and off for 1 minute, letting you know a weather alert is being broadcast. Pressing any button during an alert will stop the siren and light flashing and the radio will switch to your selected weather channel. The ER210 has 2 weather channel display options: Channel Frequency (default) or Channel Numbers.
Note: If a weather broadcast cannot be heard on any of the 7 channels, contact your local NOAA/NWS office and verify the closest station is on air. Their web site is http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/.
AM/FM Radio: In addition to the 7 weather-band channels, the Midland ER210 offers a built-in AM/FM radio to listen to your favorite AM and FM radio stations.
Telescopic Antenna: The Midland ER210 is outfitted with a telescopic antenna for the AM/FM and weather band radio. Fully extend the telescopic antenna and rotate until reception is clear.
LED Flashlight: The Midland E+Ready Emergency Crank Radio (ER210) is equipped with an extremely bright flashlight that uses a bright Cree LED. You can use the LED flashlight as a SOS-Morse code beacon for emergency assistance. The flashlight also provides 2 flashlight brightness settings - Dim & Bright.
Backlit LCD: The Midland ER210 features a backlit LCD screen with 3 backlight settings - Off, On, or Default (backlight will turn on for 5 seconds when a button is pressed then turn off).
Digital Clock: The Midland ER210 also features a built-in digital clock that can be set for 12hr or 24hr time.
Headphone Jack: The Midland ER210 is fitted with a 3.5mm headphone jack for plugging in a set of headphones.
USB Charging Port: The Midland E+Ready Emergency Crank Radio is fitted with a USB (type-A) charging port to charge your smartphone's battery.