About the Midland ER310 E+READY
Your foul-weather friend
Your foul-weather friend
Nature's going to do whatever it wants to do, so it's smart to make a plan, stock up on water and food, buy batteries, pack a bug-out bag, etc. Midland's ER310 E+READY emergency radio makes a very smart addition to your bug-out bag or roadside emergency kit. It gives you multiple power options, an LED flashlight, a USB charging port, and more, so you and yours can stay clued in and charged up when things get a little weird.
Keep your phone charged, no matter where you are or what the weather's doing.
A rechargeable recharger
The heart of the ER310 is a powerful, rechargeable lithium ion battery that gives you up to 32 hours of normal use. You can also keep this rugged device charged up using solar power or the built-in hand crank. Need more even more back-up? Install six AA batteries.
As long as the ER310 is charged, you can use it to charge your smartphone or tablet using the USB jack – an essential when the power goes out and you need to keep in touch.
Bright light and more
The built-in flashlight uses remarkably bright 1400-lux Cree® LEDs. The brightness is adjustable, so you can conserve the battery when you need to. You can also use it as an SOS beacon and flash in Morse code if you need emergency assistance. And you'll even find an ultrasonic dog whistle that can be used to help search and rescue teams determine your location in an emergency.
You can tune into AM or FM radio for news and alerts, or switch over to NOAA Weather Radio for up-to-the-minute forecast information.
Not just for emergencies
The ER310 comes in handy when the weather's nice, too. Take it to the beach, the campsite, the park, or the pool. It packs a lot of features into a compact case that fits in your go-bag or backpack.
- rechargeable emergency flashlight/radio/charging combo
- ideal for emergency preparedness, camping, beach, park, and everyday use
- multiple sustainable power sources — solar, hand crank, rechargeable battery
- AM/FM, plus NOAA Weather Radio
- 2600 mAh rechargeable Li-Ion battery gives up to 32 hours of normal use
- can also run on 6 AA batteries
- 1400 Lux Cree® LEDs light up the night
- charge your smartphone or tablet through the USB port
- SOS flashlight beacon — activates Morse code for emergency assistance
- adjustable flashlight brightness settings to conserve battery life
- dimensions: 8'' x 3-3/8'' x 2-3/8''
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ER310
What's in the box:
- Emergency crank radio
- Rechargeable battery (pre-installed)
- 40" microUSB-to-USB charging cable
- Owner's Manual
Midland ER310 E+READY reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Midland ER310 E+READY
Rechargeable 2600mAh Battery: The Midland E+Ready Emergency Crank Radio (ER310) is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery (3.7V/2600mAH) that provides up to 32 hours of radio operation. The long-life Li-Ion battery is replaceable. The lithium-ion battery can be charged via the emergency radio's integrated solar-panel, built-in hand crank or a USB power source.
- Solar Panel: Thanks to the integrated solar-panel, you can recharge the internal lithium- ion battery from direct sunlight. One hour of solar charging provides up to 45 minutes of radio use.
- Hand Crank: You can also recharge the radio during a power outage or anytime away from a power source with the built-in hand crank. One minute of hand cranking provides up to 9 minutes of radio use.
- USB Power Source: The ER310 features a microUSB port and comes with a 30" microUSB-to-USB charging cable to charge the emergency radio from a USB power source (sold separately). It takes approximately 5.5 hours to fully recharge the battery via USB.
Note: In addition to the rechargeable lithium-ion battery, the Midland ER310 offers a battery back-up power option using six "AA" batteries (not included).
Weather Alert Radio: The NOAA/NWS (National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration and the National Weather Service) operates a system of weather and hazard alert broadcasts covering most of the United States. Typical broadcasts are within reception distance of 25-50 miles of the weather station. The ER310 can receive broadcasts up to 50 miles from the weather station depending on your location and conditions of weather, terrain, etc. If reception is not good, try a different location to find a spot of improved reception. If indoors, placement near a window usually improves reception.
Note: If a weather broadcast cannot be heard on any of the 7 channels, contact your local NOAA/NWS office and verify the closest station is on air. Their web site is http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/.
AM/FM Radio: In addition to the 7 weather-band channels, the Midland ER310 offers a built-in AM/FM radio to listen to your favorite AM and FM radio stations.
Telescopic Antenna: The Midland ER310 is outfitted with a telescopic antenna for the AM/FM and weather band radio. Fully extend the telescopic antenna and rotate until reception is clear.
LED Flashlight: The Midland E+Ready Emergency Crank Radio (ER310) is equipped with an extremely bright flashlight that uses Cree LEDs (1400 Lux). You can use the LED flashlight as a SOS-Morse code beacon for emergency assistance. The flashlight provides Low & High brightness settings to conserve battery life.
Ultrasonic Dog Whistle: The Midland ER310 features a ultrasonic dog whistle which can assist canine search and rescue teams in locating individuals during an emergency situation.
Backlit LCD: The Midland ER310 features a backlit LCD screen with 3 backlight settings - Off, On, or Default (backlight will turn on for 5 seconds when a button is pressed then turn off).
Digital Clock: The Midland ER310 also features a built-in digital clock.
Headphone Jack: The Midland ER310 is fitted with a 3.5mm headphone jack for plugging in a set of headphones.
USB Charging Port: The Midland E+Ready Emergency Crank Radio is fitted with a USB (type-A) charging port to charge your smartphone's battery.
1 question already asked