About the Midland MXT275VP4
All you need to get way out there
All you need to get way out there
Need to stay in touch with your friends when you're in the great outdoors? This bundle includes the MXT275 MicroMobile radio, plus a long-range antenna and a waterproof, dustproof microphone.
The MXT275 gives you three times the range of traditional GMRS walkie-talkies and communicates with any other Midland GMRS radio, as well as most walkie-talkies. It works great in your car, truck, or ATV, or you can set it up at your home or hunting lodge.
Even more range
With a full 15 watts of power, the MXT275 is a pretty stout piece to begin with, but this bundle includes a rugged antenna thar doubles the radio's range over open terrain.. You'll be able to access 8 repeater channels and 15 high/low power channels (GMRS Channels: 1-7 and 15-22) with the easy-to-reach buttons, while 142 privacy codes make it unlikely that you'll trip over anyone else's transmissions. You can scan channels, too, so you won't miss anything if you don't want to.
Keep up with the weather
It's essential to keep up with changing conditions in the field, so the MXT275 gives you 10 NOAA weather channels. If a front's rolling in, you'll be able to plan accordingly.
Clarity, control, and a charging USB
The external microphone ensures that you'll be heard clearly, while "silent mode" operation ensures keeps distracting beeps and tones out of the mix entirely. You'll also appreciate features like auto-squelch, monitor mode, keypad lock, an external speaker jack, digital volume controls, and a backlit high-contrast LCD that's easy to see, day or night. There's even a charging USB port, so you can keep your phone at the ready, too.
Installs wherever you need it
The MXT275 is easy to install in your home or vehicle. The detachable flip-frame mount secures on or under the dash, and you can slide the radio out when you need to. The antenna's magnetic mount lets you attach it to most vehicles without the hassle of drilling.
Midland includes a 12-volt adapter for mobile use. For use in your home or hunting lodge, we recommend plugging into the Duracomm base station power supply (sold separately).
- radio bundle with 15-watt GMRS base radio, long-range antenna, and microphone
- 12-volt power adapter included
- 12-volt-to-AC converter sold separately (see Accessories)
- fully integrated handheld microphone
- external magnetic mount antenna for extended range
- detachable flip-frame mount installs on or under dash
- charging USB port
- external speaker jack
- backlit LCD display
- 8 repeater channels for increased range
- 15 high and low power channels (GMRS Channels: 1-7 and 15-22)
- 142 privacy codes
- channel scan to monitor radio activity
- controlled frequency synthesizer
- silent operation quiets beeps and tones
- digital volume controls
- compatible with Midland (and most other) GMRS two-way radios
- FCC license required
- dimensions with bracket: 5" D x 5-1/4" W x 1" H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MXT275VP4
What's in the box:
- MXT275 Two-way radio with attached 9" power/ground harness
- Mounting bracket (attached to radio)
- Hand-held microphone with attached 4' coiled-cable
- MXTA25 3dB Gain 'Ghost' antenna
- 19.7' (6m) MXTA24 Antenna cable (FME-to-UHF adapter installed)
- MXTA23 Antenna mounting bracket (2 bracket halves / Four 60mm bolts / 4 Nuts / 4 Lock-washers)
- 9.7' MXTA31 Microphone extension cable
- 6.5" Magnetic whip antenna with attached 19.5' cord
- Whip antenna mounting plate with 3M adhesive backing
- Lighter adapter with attached 4' power/ground cable (inline fuse holder with installed 5A fuse along with spare fuse)
- Additional spare fuse (in bag)
- Microphone hanger with adhesive backing
- Three 3/8" screws
- Owner's manual
- Quickstart guide
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Midland MXT275VP4
Overview: The Midland MXT275VP4 Two-way radio bundle includes a Midland MXT275 GMRS two-way radio kit along with an MXTA25 3dB Gain "Ghost" Antenna, an MXTA23 Roll Bar/Mirror Antenna Mount, and an MXTA24 Low-Profile Antenna Cable.
MXT275: The Midland MXT275 is a GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) two-way radio with a broadcast range of up to three times that of standard, hand-held, two-way radios (walkie talkies) providing a full 15 watts of power for a maximum operational range of up to 50 miles. Key features include: a fully integrated microphone with LCD display, 15 high power GMRS channels (channels 1-7 & 15-22), 8 repeater channels for increased range, 142 privacy codes, 10 NOAA weather channels, and Auto channel-scan. The MXT275 is compatible with all Midland and most other brands of GMRS radios. Its compact housing and integrated microphone is perfect for vehicles with limited dash space, allowing it to be mounted under a dashboard or in a glove box. Mounting bracket and hardware are included along with a 6.5" magnetic antenna with 19.5' cable.
Note: Operation of a GMRS radio requires an FCC license.
Range: With 15 watts of power, the MXT115 can provide exceptional communication range. The following is an estimated range guide:
- Maximum distance is up to 50 miles line of sight with no obstructions.
- 10 - 15 miles with partially obstructed line of sight (trees, small hills, etc).
- 5 - 10 miles with major obstructions to line of sight (buildings, larger hills, mountains, etc).
Channels: The MXT275 provides 15 GMRS channels that can be selected manually or with the Auto-scan mode that continuously scans all 15 available channels for activity. It also includes a Monitor Mode that lets you check for activity on the currently selected channel. This mode also lets you adjust the volume of the radio if you're not receiving a signal from an assigned transmitter. The MXT275 has the ability to access up to 8 repeater channels which can significantly increase the radio's range and coverage area.
- FRS Compatibility: FRS (Family Radio Service) radios share the some of the same channels as GMRS radios (1-7 & 15-22), however at a lower transmitting power level (2W or less). This allows the MXT275 to be used with FRS radios, but with a shorter communication range. Channels 8-14 are strictly for FRS radio use.
Note: If using a GMRS radio to communicate with an FRS radio, communication range will be limited to the FRS radio's ability.
NOAA Weather Radio: Also included with the 2-way radio is the NOAA Weather Radio function, which enables the user to receive weather reports from designated NOAA stations. The NOAA Weather Scan function allows you to scan all 10 NOAA Weather Service channels and will lock on to the strongest channel in your area. A Weather Alert function can be set which will sound a siren when a Weather Alert goes off.
Squelch and Privacy: Squelch is the ability of a transmitter/receiver to suppress or mute the channel if the signal level weakens enough. This helps keep out unwanted channel noise and stray signals from other devices, especially when there's no signal being sent from a transmitting device. The MXT275 has adjustable Squelch sensitivity, with a level of 00 being the most sensitive allowing the squelch to open on very weak signals and a maximum setting of 09 which requires a very strong signal to open the squelch. The radio also features Privacy Codes via CTCSS (Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System) and DCS (Digitally Coded Squelch). These systems allow several users to share the same channel without disturbing each other. When CTCSS or DCS is enabled for a selected channel, the channel is muted to all incoming signals unless they carry the correct CTCSS or DCS tone. When a transmission with the correct tone is received, the mute is lifted and the voice audio can be heard. The MXT275 has 142 total Privacy Codes, 38 CTCSS and 104 DCS.
Menus: Eight menu options are available on the MXT275:
- Pt: Privacy Tones. This option lets you set the CTCSS and DCS Privacy Codes.
- Pr: Transmit Power Level. Changes the transmitting power depending on the transmitting/receiving range. Options are Hi and Lo.
- Sq: Adjusts the Squelch sensitivity.
- rb: Roger Beep. This function will produce a confirmation beep when the mic PTT button is released, letting other users know your transmission is complete.
- CA: Call Alert Tone. Alerts you when a transmission comes in. Five tones are available.
- bP: Silent Operation. This option enables/disables the audible "beep" tones while operating the radio.
- rP: Repeater Channels. This option allows you to select a Repeater channel if necessary.
- db: Display Background. The background color of the LCD can be changed.
Hand-Held Microphone: The included hand-held microphone features a easy-to-read LCD display and all of the radio controls. The microphone has a built-in 4' coiled-cable and also includes an additional 9.7' MXTA31 Antenna Extension Cable.
- Volume Up/Down
- Channel Up/Down
- Push to Talk (PTT)
- Menu: Accesses the main menu.
- WX: Accesses the Weather mode.
- Call: Pressing this will send a call signal.
- Mon: Pressing will enter monitor mode.
- Scan: Activates the Channel Scan feature.
- Lock: Press and hold to lock the keyboard.
- Transmit/Receive LED: Lights red when transmitting and green when receiving a signal.
Microphone LCD Display:
- Channel Icon: Displays the selected transmit/receive channel.
- TX: Transmitting Icon. Indicates if the radio is transmitting to another user.
- Monitor Icon: Indicates when the radio is in Monitor mode.
- Key Lock Icon: A padlock icon indicates if Key Lock function is enabled, preventing accidental changing of the radios settings.
- NOAA Weather Band Icon: Indicates when the radio is in the Weather Band mode.
- DCS Icon: Indicates a Digitally Coded Squelch Privacy Code has been enabled for the currently selected channel.
- Scanning Icon: Indicates whether the Auto-Scan feature is active.
- RP Repeater Icon: Shows the selected transmit/receive repeater channel.
- CTCSS Icon: Indicates a Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System Code has been enabled for the currently selected channel.
- Signal Strength: Displays the strength of the current transmit or receive signal.
- H L Transmit Power Level Icon: Shows the currently selected transmit power setting (Hi or Lo).
- RX Receiving Icon: Indicates the radio is receiving a transmission from another user.
- Microphone Jack
- USB: The front panel USB Type-A (2.0) is provided for charging portable devices.
- ANT Jack: SO-239 UHF connector for the included external antenna.
- EXT SP Jack: A 3.5 mm jack is provided for an optional external speaker. The speaker must be at least 8 Ohms and rated for 4.0 watts.
- Power: An 8" pigtail with a 2-pin Molex connector plugs into the provided 12 VDC lighter socket adaptor.
MXTA25 "Ghost" Antenna: The MXT275VP4 includes a Midland MicroMobile MXTA25 3dB Gain Ghost Antenna that can double the signal output of the 2-way radio. This low-profile antenna blends in with your vehicle while providing clear, reliable communication. The MXTA25 3dB Gain Ghost Antenna is designed to withstand the harshest environments.
Antenna Mounting & Connection: The MXT275VP4 includes a mounting bracket and connection cable for installing the MXTA25 Ghost Antenna.
- MXTA23 Roll Bar/Mirror Mount: The Midland MicroMobile MXTA23 is a clamp-style antenna mounting bracket that can be attached to roll bars, roof racks, and mirrors up to 1-7/8" in diameter using the provided hardware. The antenna mount features a 16mm (0.63") mounting hole that's compatible with NMO connectors.
- MXTA24 Low-Profile Antenna Cable: The Midland MicroMobile MXTA24 Low Profile Antenna Cable Connector is a CB antenna cable for select Midland MicroMobile 2-way radios. The large diameter RG54U antenna cable features high-quality shielding and a low-profile NMO connector for low-clearance installations. A removable FME-to-UHF adapter makes routing the cable through grommets and firewalls much easier.
- Transmitting Power: 15 W
- GMRS Channels: 15
- Privacy Codes: 142
- Repeater Channels: 8
- NOAA Weather Channels: 10
- Antenna: 6.5" magnetic mount w/ 19.5' cable
- Accessories: Mounting bracket, Lighter socket adapter
- Dimensions: Width: 4.250", Height: 1.125", Depth: 6.0"
- Dimensions (incl. mounting bracket): Width: 5.125", Height: 1.50", Depth: 6.0"