About the Midland MicroMobile® MXT275
Get way out there
Get way out there
Need to stay in touch with your friends in the great outdoors? Midland's MXT275 MicroMobile radio gives you three times the range of traditional GMRS walkie-talkies, plus a fully integrated handheld microphone that's rugged and easy to use. The MXT275 works great in your car, truck, or ATV, or you can set it up at your home or hunting lodge. This radio communicates with any other Midland GMRS radio, as well as most walkie-talkies.
Three times the range
With a full 15 watts of power and an external magnetic-mount antenna, you'll enjoy remarkable range and reliability over open terrain. You'll be able to access 8 repeater channels and 15 high/low power channels (GMRS Channels: 1-7 and 15-22) with the easy-to-reach buttons, while 142 privacy codes make it unlikely that you'll trip over anyone else's transmissions. You can scan channels, too, so you won't miss anything if you don't want to.
Keep up with the weather
It's essential to keep up with changing conditions in the field, so the MXT275 gives you 10 NOAA weather channels. If a front's rolling in, you'll be able to plan accordingly.
Clarity, control, and a charging USB
The external microphone ensures that you'll be heard clearly, while "silent mode" operation ensures keeps distracting beeps and tones out of the mix entirely. You'll also appreciate features like auto-squelch, monitor mode, keypad lock, an external speaker jack, digital volume controls, and a backlit high-contrast LCD that's easy to see, day or night. There's even a charging USB port, so you can keep your phone at the ready, too.
Installs wherever you need it
The MXT275 is easy to install in your home or vehicle. The detachable flip-frame mount secures on or under the dash, and you can slide the radio out when you need to. Midland includes a 12-volt adapter for mobile use. For use in your home or hunting lodge, we recommend plugging into the Accele PS30 12-volt test bench power supply (sold separately).
- 15-watt GMRS base radio with external antenna
- 12-volt power adapter included
- 12-volt-to-AC converter sold separately (see Accessories)
- fully integrated handheld microphone
- external magnetic mount antenna for extended range
- detachable flip-frame mount installs on or under dash
- charging USB port
- external speaker jack
- backlit LCD display
- 8 repeater channels for increased range
- 15 high and low power channels (GMRS Channels: 1-7 and 15-22)
- 142 privacy codes
- channel scan to monitor radio activity
- controlled frequency synthesizer
- silent operation quiets beeps and tones
- digital volume controls
- compatible with Midland (and most other) GMRS two-way radios
- FCC license required
- dimensions with bracket: 5" D x 5-1/4" W x 1" H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MXT275
What's in the box:
- 2-Way radio w/attached 9" power/ground harness
- Mounting bracket (attached to radio)
- Hand-held microphone w/attached 45" cord
- 6.5" Antenna w/attached 19.5' cord
- Lighter adapter w/attached 48" power/ground cable (w/inline fuse holder and installed 5A fuse along with spare fuse)
- 2nd spare fuse (in bag)
- Microphone hanger w/adhesive backing
- Two 3" strips of hook-and-loop fastener
- Three 10mm Phillips-head screws
- Owner's manual
- Quickstart guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Midland MicroMobile® MXT275
Overview: The Midland MXT275 is a GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) two-way radio with a broadcast range of up to three times that of standard, hand-held, two-way radios (walkie talkies) providing a full 15 watts of power for a maximum operational range of up to 50 miles. Key features include: a fully integrated microphone with LCD display, 15 high power GMRS channels (channels 1-7 & 15-22), 8 repeater channels for increased range, 142 privacy codes, 10 NOAA weather channels, and Auto channel-scan. The MXT275 is compatible with all Midland and most other brands of GMRS radios. Its compact housing and integrated microphone is perfect for vehicles with limited dash space, allowing it to be mounted under a dashboard or in a glove box. Mounting bracket and hardware are included along with a 6.5" magnetic antenna with 19.5' cable.
Note: Operation of a GMRS radio requires an FCC license.
Range: With 15 watts of power, the MXT115 can provide exceptional communication range. The following is an estimated range guide:
- Maximum distance is up to 50 miles line of sight with no obstructions.
- 10 - 15 miles with partially obstructed line of sight (trees, small hills, etc).
- 5 - 10 miles with major obstructions to line of sight (buildings, larger hills, mountains, etc).
Channels: The MXT275 provides 15 GMRS channels that can be selected manually or with the Auto-scan mode that continuously scans all 15 available channels for activity. It also includes a Monitor Mode that lets you check for activity on the currently selected channel. This mode also lets you adjust the volume of the radio if you're not receiving a signal from an assigned transmitter. The MXT275 has the ability to access up to 8 repeater channels which can significantly increase the radio's range and coverage area.
NOAA Weather Radio: Also included with the 2-way radio is the NOAA Weather Radio function, which enables the user to receive weather reports from designated NOAA stations. The NOAA Weather Scan function allows you to scan all 10 NOAA Weather Service channels and will lock on to the strongest channel in your area. A Weather Alert function can be set which will sound a siren when a Weather Alert goes off.
Squelch and Privacy: Squelch is the ability of a transmitter/receiver to suppress or mute the channel if the signal level weakens enough. This helps keep out unwanted channel noise and stray signals from other devices, especially when there's no signal being sent from a transmitting device. The MXT275 has adjustable Squelch sensitivity, with a level of 00 being the most sensitive allowing the squelch to open on very weak signals and a maximum setting of 09 which requires a very strong signal to open the squelch. The radio also features Privacy Codes via CTCSS (Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System) and DCS (Digitally Coded Squelch). These systems allow several users to share the same channel without disturbing each other. When CTCSS or DCS is enabled for a selected channel, the channel is muted to all incoming signals unless they carry the correct CTCSS or DCS tone. When a transmission with the correct tone is received, the mute is lifted and the voice audio can be heard. The MXT275 has 142 total Privacy Codes, 38 CTCSS and 104 DCS.
Menus: The following are the 8 menu options available on the MXT275:
- Pt: Privacy Tones. This option lets you set the CTCSS and DCS Privacy Codes.
- Pr: Transmit Power Level. Changes the transmitting power depending on the transmitting/receiving range. Options are Hi and Lo.
- Sq: Adjusts the Squelch sensitivity.
- rb: Roger Beep. This function will produce a confirmation beep when the mic PTT button is released, letting other users know your transmission is complete.
- CA: Call Alert Tone. Alerts you when a transmission comes in. Five tones are available.
- bP: Silent Operation. This option enables/disables the audible "beep" tones while operating the radio.
- rP: Repeater Channels. This option allows you to select a Repeater channel if necessary.
- db: Display Background. The background color of the LCD can be changed.
Integrated Microphone Controls:
- Volume Up/Down
- Channel Up/Down
- Push to Talk (PTT)
- Menu: Accesses the main menu.
- WX: Accesses the Weather mode.
- Call: Pressing this will send a call signal.
- Mon: Pressing will enter monitor mode.
- Scan: Activates the Channel Scan feature.
- Lock: Press and hold to lock the keyboard.
- Transmit/Receive LED: Lights red when transmitting and green when receiving a signal.
- Channel Icon: Displays the selected transmit/receive channel.
- TX: Transmitting Icon. Indicates if the radio is transmitting to another user.
- Monitor Icon: Indicates when the radio is in Monitor mode.
- Key Lock Icon: A padlock icon indicates if Key Lock function is enabled, preventing accidental changing of the radios settings.
- NOAA Weather Band Icon: Indicates when the radio is in the Weather Band mode.
- DCS Icon: Indicates a Digitally Coded Squelch Privacy Code has been enabled for the currently selected channel.
- Scanning Icon: Indicates whether the Auto-Scan feature is active.
- RP Repeater Icon: Shows the selected transmit/receive repeater channel.
- CTCSS Icon: Indicates a Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System Code has been enabled for the currently selected channel.
- Signal Strength: Displays the strength of the current transmit or receive signal.
- H L Transmit Power Level Icon: Shows the currently selected transmit power setting (Hi or Lo).
- RX Receiving Icon: Indicates the radio is receiving a transmission from another user.
- Microphone Jack
- USB: The front panel USB Type-A (2.0) is provided for charging portable devices.
- ANT Jack: SO-239 UHF connector for the included external antenna.
- EXT SP Jack: A 3.5 mm jack is provided for an optional external speaker. The speaker must be at least 8 Ohms and rated for 4.0 watts.
- Power Socket: An 8" pigtail with a 2-pin Molex connector plugs into the provided 12 VDC lighter socket adaptor.
- Transmitting Power: 15 W
- GMRS Channels: 15
- Privacy Codes: 142
- Repeater Channels: 8
- NOAA Weather Channels: 10
- Antenna: 6.5" magnetic mount w/ 19.5' cable
- Accessories: Mounting bracket, Lighter socket adapter
- Dimensions: Width - 4.250", Height - 1.125", Depth - 6.0"
- Dimensions (incl. mounting bracket): Width - 5.125", Height - 1.50", Depth - 6.0"