About the Midland MicroMobile® ORMXT115VP
This GMRS radio bundle pack contains Midland's MXT115 MicroMobile radio and a pair of GXT1000VP4 handheld units. If you're heading into the wilderness with friends and family, it's a terrific way to keep in touch on the trail.
A big-time base
Midland's MXT115 MicroMobile radio gives you three times the range of traditional GMRS walkie-talkies, plus a host of high-tech features that will help you stay in touch when you're getting away from it all. With a full 15 watts of power and an external magnetic-mount antenna, you'll enjoy remarkable range and reliability over open terrain. You'll be able to access 8 repeater channels and 15 high/low power channels with the easy-to-reach buttons, while 142 privacy codes make it unlikely that you'll trip over anyone else's transmissions. You can scan channels, too, so you won't miss anything if you don't want to. The MXT115 also gives you 10 NOAA weather channels, so if a front's rolling in, you'll be able to plan accordingly.
The external microphone ensures that you'll be heard clearly, while "silent mode" operation ensures keeps distracting beeps and tones out of the mix entirely. You'll also appreciate features like auto-squelch, monitor mode, keypad lock, an external speaker jack, digital volume controls, and a backlit high-contrast LCD that's easy to see, day or night. There's even a charging USB port, so you can keep your phone at the ready, too.
Installs wherever you need it
The MXT115 is easy to install in your home or vehicle. The detachable flip-frame mount secures on or under the dash, and you can slide the radio out when you need to. Midland includes a 12-volt adapter for mobile use. For use in your home or hunting lodge, we recommend plugging into the Accele PS30 12-volt test bench power supply (sold separately).
Have a pair of hand-helds
Midland's GXT1000VP4 hand-held GMRS radios are rugged, reliable, and ready for your trip on the trail. With 50 total channels, 142 privacy codes, NOAA weather alerts, and a 36-mile range, these water-resistant units are a great addition to your outdoor gear collection.
- GMRS radio bundle with base unit and two handheld radios
MicroMobile MXT115 base unit
- 15-watt GMRS base radio with external antenna
- external magnetic mount antenna for extended range
- detachable flip-frame mount installs on or under dash
- 12-volt power adapter included
- high-grade microphone
- 8 repeater channels for increased range
- 15 high- and low- power channels
- 142 privacy codes
- channel scan to monitor radio activity
- controlled frequency synthesizer
- silent operation quiets beeps and tones
- digital volume controls
- charging USB input
- external speaker jack
- backlit LCD display
- 12-volt-to-AC converter sold separately
- FCC license required
- warranty: 1 year
GXT1000VP4 two-way GMRS radios
- 50 total channels
- rugged, water-resistant design
- 142 privacy codes
- 36-mile range
- SOS siren
- NOAA weather alerts
- 10 different call alerts
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ORMXT115VP
What's in the box:
- This Midland bundle contains two individually packaged items:
- MXT115 MicroMobile GMRS 2-Way Radio:
- 2-Way radio
- Hand-held mic w/ 48" cord
- Mounting bracket (attached to radio)
- Lighter adaptor w/ 48" cord and fuse holder (Two 3-amp fuses inside holder / one in-line and one spare)
- 6.5" Magnetic whip antenna w/ 19.7' cord
- Microphone holder
- Two 3/8" Phillips screws
- Two 2-1/2" hook and loop fastener strips
- Owner's manual
- Quick-start guide
- GXT1000VP4 Handheld 2-Way Radios:
- Two GXT1000VP4 handheld 2-way GMRS radios
- 2 Belt-clips
- 2 Boom-mic headsets (attached 47" cord)
- 2 Ni-MH Rechargeable battery packs (6.0V / 700mAH)
- Charging base
- 73" AC power adapter (9VDC / 300mA)
- 60" Lighter adapter
- Owner's manual
- Midland product pamphlet
Midland MicroMobile® ORMXT115VP reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Midland MicroMobile® ORMXT115VP
Midland 2-Way Radio Bundle: The Midland ORMMXT bundle consists of a pair of GXT1000VP4 hand-held, 2-way, GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) radios along with an MXT115 mountable, GMRS, 2-way radio. Both offer all-weather capability, long range, 142 Privacy Codes, NOAA Weather alerts, and more.
Channels: The MXT115 provides 15 GMRS channels (1-7 & 15-22) that can be selected manually or with the Auto-scan mode that continuously scans all 15 available channels for activity. It also includes a Monitor Mode that lets you check for activity on the currently selected channel. This mode also lets you adjust the volume of the radio if you're not receiving a signal from an assigned transmitter. The MXT115 has the ability to access up to 8 repeater channels which can significantly increase the radio's range and coverage area.
Note: Operation of a GMRS radio requires an FCC license.
NOAA Weather Radio: Also included with the 2-way radio is the NOAA Weather Radio function, which enables the user to receive weather reports from designated NOAA stations. The NOAA Weather Scan function allows you to scan all 10 NOAA Weather Service channels and will lock on to the strongest channel in your area. A Weather Alert function can be set which will sound a siren when a Weather Alert goes off.
Squelch and Privacy: Squelch is the ability of a transmitter/receiver to suppress or mute the channel if the signal level weakens enough. This helps keep out unwanted channel noise and stray signals from other devices, especially when there's no signal being sent from a transmitting device. The MXT115 has adjustable Squelch sensitivity, with a level of 00 being the most sensitive allowing the squelch to open on very weak signals and a maximum setting of 09 which requires a very strong signal to open the squelch. The radio also features Privacy Codes via CTCSS (Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System) and DCS (Digitally Coded Squelch). These systems allow several users to share the same channel without disturbing each other. When CTCSS or DCS is enabled for a selected channel, the channel is muted to all incoming signals unless they carry the correct CTCSS or DCS tone. When a transmission with the correct tone is received, the mute is lifted and the voice audio can be heard. The MXT115 has 142 total Privacy Codes, 38 CTCSS and 104 DCS.
Range: With 15 watts of power, the MXT115 can provide exceptional communication range. The following is an estimated range guide:
- Maximum distance is up to 50 miles line of sight with no obstructions.
- 10 - 15 miles with partially obstructed line of sight (trees, small hills, etc).
- 5 - 10 miles with major obstructions to line of sight (buildings, larger hills, mountains, etc).
Menus: The following are the 8 menu options available on the MXT115:
- Pt: Privacy Tones. This option lets you set the CTCSS and DCS Privacy Codes.
- Pr: Transmit Power Level. Changes the transmitting power depending on the transmitting/receiving range. Options are Hi and Lo.
- Sq: Adjusts the Squelch sensitivity.
- rb: Roger Beep. This function will produce a confirmation beep when the mic PTT button is released, letting other users know your transmission is complete.
- CA: Call Alert Tone. Alerts you when a transmission comes in. Five tones are available.
- bP: Silent Operation. This option enables/disables the audible "beep" tones while operating the radio.
- rP: Repeater Channels. This option allows you to select a Repeater channel if necessary.
- db: Display Background. The background color of the LCD can be changed.
- LCD: Information display.
- On/Off Volume
- Microphone Jack: An RJ11 port is provided for plugging in the included PTT (push to talk) hand-held mic.
- USB: A front panel USB port is provided for charging portable devices.
- Menu: Accesses the main menu.
- Weather: Accesses the Weather mode.
- Call/Lock: Pressing this will send a call signal and a long press will lock the keypad.
- Monitor/Scan: Pressing will enter scan mode, a long press enters monitor mode.
- TX: Transmitting Icon. Indicates if the radio is transmitting to another user.
- Monitor Icon: Indicates when the radio is in Monitor mode.
- Key Lock Icon: A padlock icon indicates if Key Lock function is enabled, preventing accidental changing of the radios settings.
- NOAA Weather Band Icon: Indicates when the radio is in the Weather Band mode.
- DCS Icon: Indicates a Digitally Coded Squelch Privacy Code has been enabled for the currently selected channel.
- Scanning Icon: Indicates whether the Auto-Scan feature is active.
- RP Repeater Icon: Shows the selected transmit/receive repeater channel.
- CTCSS Icon: Indicates a Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System Code has been enabled for the currently selected channel.
- Signal Strength: Displays the strength of the current transmit or receive signal.
- H L Transmit Power Level Icon: Shows the currently selected transmit power setting (Hi or Lo).
- RX Receiving Icon: Indicates the radio is receiving a transmission from another user.
- PTT: Push-to-talk. This activates a transmission when pressed.
- Channel Up/Down: These two buttons cycle through different channels.
- ANT Jack: SO-239 UHF connector for the included external antenna.
- EXT SP Jack: A 3.5 mm jack is provided for an optional external speaker. The speaker must be at least 8 Ohms and rated for 4.0 watts.
- Power Socket: An 8" pigtail with a 2-pin Molex connector plugs into the provided 12 VDC lighter socket adaptor.
Mounting: The MXT115 2-way radio's compact and durable housing can be mounted on/under a dashboard or inside a glove box, using the included mounting bracket and hardware. The mounting bracket uses quick-release tabs on each side allowing it to easily be attached and removed.
Antenna: The MXT115 includes a 6.5" antenna, with magnetic base, and an attached 19.7' cable.
50 GMRS/FRS Channels w/ 285 Privacy Codes: The Midland GXT1000VP4 two-way radio offers 50 GMRS/FRS channels with easy button access for channel selection. 285 privacy codes give you up to 6270 channel options to help you block other conversations. The result is clear, crisp communication.
Note: An FCC license is required for operation on GMRS channels (1-7 & 15-22). FRS channels (8-14) do not.
Channel Scanning: The Midland 2-way radio can rapidly scan all 50 channels and stop on any active channel for four seconds before resuming scan.
NOAA Weather Alert: The Midland two-way radio has NOAA weather-band radio function, enabling you to scan all 10 NOAA Weather Channels and receive weather reports & alerts from designated NOAA stations.
36-Mile Range: The Midland GXT1000VP4 radio provides two-way communication up to 36 miles. Maximum range can only be achieved over water or open rural areas under optimum conditions.
Transmit Power Level: The Midland 2-way radio provides 3 transmit power levels (Hi, Med, and Lo), selectable in the system menu. When the battery level drops to one bar on the battery level meter, the power level will automatically drop to Lo. Note: Transmit Power Level is only adjustable for GMRS channels. FRS channels are automatically set to Lo, per FCC regulations.
VOX (Voice Activated Transmit): VOX is a feature that allows you to use the two-way radio hands-free. VOX keeps the microphone active all the time, which means that the radio will automatically start transmitting when you speak. This feature relieves you of the burden of having to push the microphone button when you want to start transmitting.
SOS Siren: The GXT1000VP4 includes an SOS Siren feature that, when activated, will output a loud siren sound while flashing the display backlighting.
Whisper Function: This feature enables the user to transmit a message at a higher volume level, even if whispering into the mic.
Call Alert & Roger Beep: The GXT1000VP4 can transmit a call alert with an audible tone. The two-way radio will then beep to confirm to other users that your transmission has finished.
Silent Operation: The Silent Operation mode turns off all beeps & tones for quiet operation when you are out in the woods hunting or taking photos of wildlife.
Dual Watch: This feature lets the user scan 2 channels for any activity. The first channel will be the current channel in the display, while the second channel is selected in the menu.
LCD Screen: The two-way radio features an LCD screen that indicates Channel Number, Privacy Code, and Battery Meter; as well as icons for Weather Band, Key Lock, VOX, Receiving, & Transmitting, Vibrate, Whisper, and SOS siren mode.
Keypad Lock: To avoid accidentally changing the radio settings, you can lock the two-way radio's keypad.
Rechargeable Battery Pack: The Midland two-way radio is powered by a 700mAh rechargeable NiMH battery pack (included) or 4 "AA" batteries (not included). A desktop charger is supplied to charge both two-way radios at once using the included AC power adapter.
JIS-4 Water Resistance: The GXT1000VP4 is a rugged and durable 2-way radio with a JIS-4 (Japan Industrial Standards) waterproof rating, making it resistant to water splash from any direction. The Midland radio is not designed for direct immersion in water.
Built-in Mic/Speaker + External Jacks: The Midland 2-way radio is equipped with a built-in microphone & speaker. The two-way radio also features a 2.5mm microphone jack and 3.5mm speaker jack to connect an optional external speaker/microphone or headset (sold separately), freeing your hands for other tasks. Note: The microphone jack can also be used to charge the Ni-MH battery pack using an optional charger (not included).
Belt-Clip: The GXT1000VP4 includes a belt-clip so you can easily attach the two-way radio to your hip. The belt-clip is detachable.
- Transmitting Power: 15 W
- GMRS Channels: 15
- Privacy Codes: 142
- Repeater Channels: 8
- NOAA Weather Channels: 10
- Antenna: 6.5" magnetic mount w/ 19.7' cable
- Accessories: Mounting bracket
- Dimensions: Width - 4.50", Height - 1.10", Depth - 5.21"
- GMRS Channels: 15
- FRS Channels: 7
- NOAA Weather Channels: 10
- Privacy Codes: 285
- Range: Up to 36 miles
- Dimensions: Width - 2.63", Height - 7.90", Depth - 1.55"
2 questions already asked