About the Midland PPG1000
Serious power fast
Serious power fast
Going camping or tailgating and need some power for your electronics? Or maybe you want to prepare for a loss of electricity due to a bad storm? Midland's PPG1000 Portable Power Station puts out a whopping 1000 watts of power for just those situations and many others. Its heavy-duty plastic case keeps it protected from dust and moisture. There are several ways you can keep its rechargeable battery juiced up, and a variety of outlets let you power up handy items like lights, a smartphone, medical devices, or even a television.
Plug in to charge, plug in to power
You can keep the PPG1000 charged up using standard 110-volt AC power, connecting the 12-volt DC port to your vehicle, or by hooking up an optional solar panel if you're really off the grid. As far as power outputs, the PPG1000 provides two ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlets for standard AC gear, like mini fridges, lights, or a flat-panel TV. You can stay connected by plugging your smartphone or tablet into the two 5-volt type-A USB ports. There are also two 20-volt Type-C USB outlets for items like laptops. And if you have gear that runs on 12-volt DC power, this Power Station includes an outlet for that too.
Tough and powerful
This Power Station's beefy lithium ion battery and input/output panel are protected by a hard-shell case. And with the attached lid locked in place, its IP67 waterproof rating lets it withstand being submerged in up to three feet of water for up to 30 minutes. The built-in handle makes it easy to stow it away in your vehicle or in your garage when charging.
- portable power source to keep electronic devices, lights, etc. powered under any conditions
- heavy-duty plastic case with IP67 waterproof rating
- sealed case can be submerged in 3' of water for up to 30 minutes
- can be charged from wall AC, your car's 12V port, or an optional solar panel
- pure sine wave inverter with power output of 1000 watts max
- lithium ion rechargeable battery capacity 924Wh
- approximate power times:
- 3-watt LED light bulb (up to 261 hours)
- smartphone/tablet (up to 157 hours)
- laptop (up to 17 hours)
- mini fridge (up to 19 hours)
- silent operation due to no moving parts
- safe for indoor and outdoor operation
- one 110V AC port (AC adapter cable included)
- one 12-30V DC port (12V DC adapter cable included)
- two 5V Type-A USB ports for charging portable devices
- two 20V Type-C USB ports for charging items like laptops
- two GFCI 110V AC outlets
- one 12V DC port
- convenient built-in carry handle
- 14-1/8"W x 7-5/8"H x 11-1/2"D
- weight: 28.6 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PPG1000
What's in the box:
- Portable Power Station
- Charging module w/ attached 46" cable (19VDC/4.47A output)
- 5' AC Power cord (C7 unpolarized)
- 39" DC Power cord (lighter adapter)
- Instruction manual
- Ingress Protection note
- Charging note
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Midland PPG1000
Overview: The Midland PPG1000 Portable Power Station is a Lithium-ion rechargeable battery with 924Wh capacity. The PPG1000 can provide a clean source of power for just about any AC or DC powered device, indoors or outdoors, making it ideal for home, camping, hunting, or tailgating. The Portable Power Station has no engine making it near silent.
Power Outputs: The PPG1000 provides both AC and DC outputs for charging a variety of devices.
- AC: The PPG1000 features an internal pure sine wave inverter for providing power to the two IEC 3-pin AC outlets with up to 1000 watts at 110V/60Hz. Both outlets are GFCI (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupt) protected and include an AC "power button" on the control panel for activating them.
- DC: The DC output section of the Portable Power Station provides the following charging ports:
- 12VDC: A cigarette-lighter style power socket can provide 12-13.8V for powering/charging DC-powered portable devices using a standard "lighter adapter" type plug.
- USB: The DC power output section includes 2 USB type-A ports with 5 volt output, and 2 USB type-C ports with 20 volts of output power for power/charging modern smartphones and devices with rapid-charge capability.
Charging Inputs: The PPG1000 includes 2 ports for recharging the internal Lithium-ion battery:
- DC/Solar Charging: A DC input on the control panel provides the charging input for the included AC and DC charging adapters. This can also be used with Midland's optional Solar Charger (sold separately).
- Quick Charging Port: This proprietary 3-pin port is designed for use with the Midland Quick Charging adapter (sold separately), providing up to 60% faster charging times.
LCD Display: A large LCD display on the control panel provides the following information:
- Charge Level: A multi-segmented battery icon displays the remaining charge in the PPG1000. This icon will flash when the battery capacity drops below 10%.
- Output Indicator: Displays which type of charging/powering output is being used AC, DC, USB 5V, or USB 20V.
- Error Message: Alerts the user there is a problem with one of the outputs.
- Reset Message: Alerts the user the unit needs to be reset to operate properly. To reset, the PPG1000 needs to be powered off for 10 seconds, then powered back on.
- Charging: Indicates the PPG1000 is charging.
LED Light: The Midland Portable Power Station includes a handy LED light mounted inside the enclosure lid, providing illumination for the control panel. The LED light is activated by a control panel LED switch.
Fan Cooled: Two fans built into the rear of the control panel, along with vents on the front section, provide flow-through cooling for the Portable Power Station.
Waterproof Case: The PPG1000 Portable Power Station is housed in a heavy-duty hard-shell case with an IP67 rating, allowing it to be submerged in up to 3 feet of water for 30 minutes when closed and sealed. The case features a pressure-relief valve for flight travel, along with a convenient fold-down carry-handle and 2 locking holes for adding an optional padlock (not included).
Typical Usage Times:
|Device/Wattage||Approximate Usage Time|
|LED Lamp (3W)||Up to 261 hrs.|
|Smartphones&Tablets (5W)||Up to 157 hrs.|
|Laptop (50W)||Up to 15 hrs.|
|LED TV (45W)||Up to 17 hrs.|
|Mini Fridge (.04kWh/24hrs)||Up to 19 hrs.|
|CPAP Machine||Up to 13 hrs.|
- Battery Type: Lithium-ion
- Battery Voltage: 14.8V
- Ah: 62.4
- Wh: 924
- AC Input: 110-240VAC, 50/60Hz
- AC Output: 110V, 60Hz (1000W)
- USB Output:
- Type-A: 5V
- Type-C: 20V
- DC Output: 12-13.8V / Maximum 120W
- DC Input: 12-30V