About the Boss 480BRGB
Give yourself options
Give yourself options
If your factory radio is past its prime, Boss's 480BRGB digital media receiver steps you up to some fun options that'll add some pep to your daily drive. A front auxiliary input lets you keep an old iPod or music player in the rotation while the front-panel USB port let you play your MP3 and WMA audio files. And what's a new stereo without an FM/AM tuner for your favorite stations and Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and wireless music streaming? This radio's big button array and included wireless remote control makes changing up sources or songs a snap.
Go wireless with Bluetooth
Bluetooth compatibility lets you answer a phone call with the push of a button and frees up your hands so you can focus on driving. Plus, enjoy streaming music apps like Spotify® and Pandora® wirelessly with basic controls.
Use the four EQ presets to get your music sounding just the way you like it. And when you're ready to add a little more power to your sound, Boss gives you two sets of preamp outputs to connect an amp for your speakers or even a sub. Need a different color to match your dash lighting? The multi-color illumination lets you pick your favorite color for the look you want.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- single-line display with multi-color illumination
- fits 4" tall dash openings
- wireless remote control
- 4 preset EQ curves
- bass and treble controls
- inputs: front auxiliary input and USB port
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (front and rear)
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 480BRGB
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (15A fuse)
- 2 Brackets
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 8 ISO-screws
- User Manual
- Warranty/Registration card
- "Thank You" card
More details on the Boss 480BRGB
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||18 watts|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givenHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
Bluetooth Technology: The Boss 480BRGB digital media receiver is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, providing hands-free communication and audio streaming for added convenience and safety in the vehicle.
- Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Boss 480BRGB allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. The head unit will display the caller's information and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer or end a call through the head unit's front-panel controls. The 480BRGB allows you to carry on the phone conversation using the head unit's integrated microphone and your car audio speakers. Your music will mute automatically during a call. You can make a call using the included remote control's keypad (there is no phonebook transfer).
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Boss 480BRGB also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or portable digital music player using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) of from the 480BRGB. Advance music navigation and song/artist information will still need to be handled through the Bluetooth mobile device. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
Note: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the 480BRGB. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Boss 480BRGB.
USB Port: The 480BRGB is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device, such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital music player. The unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto a compatible USB msc device. You'll have folder and file search functions, as well as playback controls (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. The unit will also display song/artist information. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB port (0.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphones/tablets.
Aux Input: The digital media receiver is fitted with a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of any portable audio player with a 3.5mm headphone output.
AM/FM Tuner: The Boss 480BRGB features a built-in AM/FM tuner. The 480BRGB features 3 FM banks and 2 AM bank for storing presets (automatically or manually). You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (total of 30). You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
4Ch Amplifier: The digital media receiver employs a 60W (peak) x 4ch amplifier.
4Ch Pre-Outs: The Boss 480BRGB is also fitted with front & rear 2-volt RCA outputs to connect an external amplifier.
Equalizer: You can choose between 4 preset modes - Pop, Rock, Classic, Flat, or Off. In addition to the EQ Presets, the 480BRGB offers independent Bass & Treble control.
Loudness: The Loudness function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer at lower volumes.
Variable Color Illumination: You can choose Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Purple, Cyan, or White for the digital media receiver's LCD screen & button illumination. You can also choose to have the receiver cycle through all colors. The LCD screen and button illumination will always be the same color.
IR Remote: The Boss 480BRGB includes a 21-button IR remote control for wireless operation of the digital media receiver. The remote even allows you to answer and end Bluetooth phone calls.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
15 questions already asked