About the Boss Audio 812UAB
Go digital without going broke
This digital media receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play CDs in your vehicle, we offer a wide selection of CD receivers.
Go digital without going broke
If you're ready to ditch that album full of scratched-up CDs and go digital, Boss Audio's 812UAB digital media receiver offers an impressive array of features for its price range, plus a variety of connections for your devices.
Plenty of ways to play
This double-DIN (4" tall) receiver can fill a big space and provide plenty of entertainment. You can pop an SD™ card full of music into the slot behind the front panel, or enjoy your local AM/FM stations. Plug a thumb drive into the front panel USB port to enjoy MP3 files, or use the aux input to connect a portable satellite radio tuner. That front panel aux input will also work with a portable CD player -- if you haven't quite finished digitizing everything, you've got a backup plan in place.
Buying a budget receiver doesn't mean giving up conveniences like built-in Bluetooth® connectivity. With the 812UAB, you can take calls or stream music stored on a smartphone without taking your hands off the wheel.
Plenty of great features
You can use the 4 EQ presets and the tone controls to shape the sound, while a set of RCA outputs gives you room to expand your system with an outboard amp. Handy illumination controls allow you to adjust the brightness of the display. It even comes with a remote control for your backseat passengers.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.Smartphone note: If you're going to use your Android smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- digital media receiver (20 watts RMS/60 peak x 4 channels)
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- play music from select Android devices through USB input
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- detachable face
- 4-preset EQ curves plus bass and treble controls
- remote control
- inputs: front auxiliary and USB inputs (no iPod/iPhone controls), SD card slot
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 812UAB
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 2 Removal tools
- 2 Brackets
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- Drawstring pouch
- User's Manual
- Warranty/Registration Card
Boss Audio 812UAB reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boss Audio 812UAB
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Display Color||Bluish white|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||10 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3/WMA|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Detachable Faceplate: The Boss 812UAB features a detachable face to deter theft. A drawstring storage pouch is included to protect face when its detached.
Single-Line LCD: The Boss head unit features a single-line, front-panel LCD with blue button illumination.
2-DIN Chassis: The 812UAB has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double-DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
IR Remote: The Boss 812UAB includes a 31-button IR remote control for complete wireless operation of the digital media receiver.
USB Port: The 812UAB is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), digital audio players, or thumbdrives. The unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music, MP4 video, and JPEG picture files loaded onto a compatible USB msc device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB port (0.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
SD-Card Slot: The Boss digital media receiver features a front-panel SD-card slot, hidden behind its detachable face. The 812UAB supports playback of MP3/WMA music, MP4 video, and JPEG picture files loaded onto a SD/SDHC memory card. The detachable face-plate must be removed in order to insert or eject a SD/SDHC memory card.
Playback & Search Functions: The Boss 812UAB provides a variety of playback and search functions for SD/SDHC and USB music files.
- List Search: Use the unit's LCD & front-panel controls to browse and select your music files.
- Intro Scan: During music playback, you can play the first 10 seconds of each track or file.
- Fast Forward/Reverse: The unit offers Fast Forward & Reverse playback.
- Repeat/Random: The 812UAB offers Repeat (Track/All) and Random (All) modes.
Song/Artist Information: The 812UAB will display song/artist information from your connected USB device or inserted SD/SDHC memory card.
On/Off Insert or Eject: A USB device or SD-card can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a USB device or SD-card is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Bluetooth Technology: The Boss 812UAB digital media receiver is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, providing hands-free communication and audio streaming for added convenience and safety in the vehicle.
- Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Boss 812UAB allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone; including Apple iPhone, Android smartphones, Blackberry, and more. The head unit will display the caller's phone number and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer or end a call through the head unit's front-panel controls. The 812UAB allows you to carry on the phone conversation using the head unit's integrated microphone and your car audio speakers. Your music will mute automatically during a call. You can make a call by using the numeric keypad on the included remote control, or use your mobile phone to make the call and have the conversation transferred to the 812UAB (there is no phonebook transfer). You can also quickly redial a phone number from the head unit's front-panel controls.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Boss 812UAB also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Android smartphone/tablet, iPod/iPhone, Blackberry, or other device using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) of from the 812UAB. Advance music navigation and song/artist information will still need to be handled through the Bluetooth mobile device. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
Note: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the 812UAB. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Boss 812UAB.
Front-Panel Aux Input: The Boss 812UAB is fitted with a front-panel 3.5mm input for connection of a portable audio device, such as your Apple iPod/iPhone.
240W (Peak) Amplifier + 2V/2Ch RCA Outputs: The Boss 812UAB digital media receiver employs a 60W (peak) x 4ch amplifier. The 812UAB also features a stereo RCA 2V line output for the front-channels.
- EQ Presets: You can choose between 4 preset modes - Pop, Rock, Classic, Flat, or Off.
- Bass & Treble: In addition to the EQ Presets, the 812UAB offers independent Bass & Treble control.
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer at lower volumes.
AM/FM Tuner: The Boss 812UAB features a built-in AM/FM tuner w/ RDS. The 812UAB features 3 FM banks and 2 AM bank for storing presets (automatically or manually). You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (total of 30). Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. You can also switch between Stereo/Mono modes for better reception.
Note: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
8 questions already asked