About the Boss BE7ACP
Everything you need
Everything you need
If using your phone in the car is a struggle, the Boss BE7ACP multimedia receiver will be a game-changer for you. With a built-in AM/FM tuner, two USB inputs, and microSD card input, you'll have no shortage of media sources. Bluetooth compatibility expands your options with music streaming and hands-free calling. And for the full phone experience, built-in Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ bring the apps you use the most to your stereo's 7" touchscreen for easy access to music apps, navigation apps, and more.
Affordable Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
Boss builds both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto into their competitively priced BE7ACP receiver, so iPhone and Android users benefit from a big touchscreen and voice control of their favorite smartphone features. If you use Siri or Google Assistant regularly, you'll find that this hands-free control translates perfectly to the car.
Add a backup cam
Boss provides two dedicated video inputs so you can add a backup cam for easy reversing and a dash cam for keeping an eye on what's up front. Adjustable parking guidelines let you tweak your settings for the perfect assisted rear-view.
Build a system
The BE7ACP's six preamp outputs provide ideal connections for amplifiers powering your speakers and subs, while a built-in 10-band EQ gives you the tools you need to craft the right sound for your tastes.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- 7" capacitive touchscreen
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- voice control with Apple or Android phones
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- dedicated Siri button
- plays USB devices and microSD cards
- 10-band EQ
- low-pass crossover and sub controls
- inputs: two rear USB ports; front SD card slot; rear A/V input (RCA); rear-view and front camera inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front/rear/subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS/80 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BE7ACP
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (15A fuse)
- Trim-ring (pre-installed)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone w/ integrated bracket (attached 9.5' cable terminated by a stereo 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Side-brackets
- 8 ISO-screws
- User's Manual
- Warranty/Registration Card
Boss BE7ACP reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boss BE7ACP
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear)|
|USB Input||Rear (2)|
|USB Port Power||1.5A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, microSD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|iPhone||5 and up|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||20 watts|
|Peak Output||85 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Android Auto: The Boss Elite BE7ACP receiver supports the Android Auto app for Android smartphones running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the Boss receiver's USB port via the the USB cable that came with your smartphone (a USB extension cable may be required and sold separately), plus be paired via Bluetooth (your vehicle's parking brake needs to be engaged to initially setup Android Auto). Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen user interface. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The Boss receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, or listen to music.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Boss receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Boss receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, & Tune-In. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- Make sure you plug in your Android smartphone to the BE7ACP's rear-panel USB port labeled "Apple CarPlay/Android Auto" with a USB-IF certified cable (not compatible with the USB port labeled "USB/Charging"). Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone. You cannot have an Android Auto smartphone and Apple CarPlay iPhone plugged in at the same time.
- Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible.
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your USB-connected iPhone 5 or newer (running iOS 7.1+) with Lightning-connector in the car, while you stay focused on the road. Apple CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and integrates them into the Boss Elite BE7ACP. Apple CarPlay offers an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, view maps, listen to music, and access messages from your compatible iPhone through the Boss Elite BE7ACP in-dash receiver. With Apple CarPlay, you can control these functions from the BE7ACP receiver's 7" touchscreen or activate Siri for minimized distraction.
- Maps: Through Apple CarPlay, the power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone: With Apple CarPlay, you can use the BE7ACP's interactive touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return calls, and check voicemail. To dial a phone number, simply tap the "Phone" icon and Siri will ask you who you want to call. Using the touchscreen you can manually enter a phone number from the on-screen keypad, scroll through contacts, or select from recent and miss calls. In addition, you get access to your voicemails via touchscreen and Siri. When a call comes in, simply tap the "Phone" icon to answer. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included external microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can emphasize or weaken the volume level the microphone. You can also select which car speaker outputs the caller audio; you can select All, Front-Left, Front-Right, or Front-Left/Right.
- Text Messages: Apple CarPlay also lets you enjoy a better and safer way of text messaging with friends and family when you're on the road, through the Boss receiver and Siri. Through your voice commands, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages so that you never have to glance at your phone while behind the wheel. When a new message comes in a banner will come across the screen and Siri will read back the message for you. Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
- Music Library: CarPlay lets you access your music in your iPhone's music library, plus iTunes radio from the Boss Elite BE7ACP. You can browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Song, etc.. just like you would on your iPhone from the BE7ACP's touchscreen. You can also use Siri to find and play back your music. The BE7ACP's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background. Tap the Now Playing icon on the Boss receiver's capacitive touchscreen and see song, artist, album information with Album Art displaying in the background. From the Now Playing screen you also get basic playback function, like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Shuffle.
- Audio Apps & Podcasts: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, podcasts, sports, news, and audiobooks - including Pandora, Tidal, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Vox, Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, Audiobooks.com & Audible (subscriptions and fees may app). Control them from the head unit's touchscreen or Siri just like you would from your iPhone. Your iPhone's touchscreen remains unlocked during CarPlay connection, so you are able to access additional music apps and listen to them through the Boss receiver; however these apps offer no control or display information from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
Notes:Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay and Android Auto apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
- Apple CarPlay is compatible with iPhone 5 or newer running iOS 7.1 or newer.
- Make sure your plug in your iPhone 5 or newer to the BE7ACP's rear-panel USB port labeled "Apple CarPlay/Android Auto" with an Apple certified Lightning-to-USB cable (not compatible with the USB port labeled "USB/Charging"). Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- You cannot have an Android Auto smartphone and Apple CarPlay iPhone plugged in at the same time.
Smartphone Charging: The Boss Elite BE7ACP will also charge (5V/1.5A) your Android Auto compatible Android smartphone or Apple CarPlay compatible iPhone while connected via USB with the vehicle's ignition switch set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Bluetooth 4.2+EDR: The Boss Elite BE7ACP is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.2+EDR allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Boss receiver.
Simple Secure Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Boss Elite BE7ACP without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
Hands-Free Communication (External Mic): The Boss Elite BE7ACP allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the BE7ACP provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The receiver will display the caller's phone number and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer or end a call through the head unit's front-panel controls (or set the receiver to automatically answer the call). The BE7ACP allows you to carry on the phone conversation using the included external microphone and your car audio speakers. Your music will mute automatically during a call. You can make a call using the Boss receiver's LCD touchscreen via its on-screen keypad, your phone's transferred phonebook, or a list of your most recent calls.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Boss Elite BE7ACP allows wireless play back of stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or other device using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track from the Boss head unit (advanced music browsing will still be done from your Bluetooth source device). The unit will also display song/artist information (no Album art).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
USB MSC Playback: The Boss Elite BE7ACP is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port attached to the rear-chassis via a hardwired 39" pigtail (labeled "USB/Charging"). The USB port allows for connection of a USB mass storage class device; such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 64GB) formatted in FAT32. The unit supports playback of a variety of music, video, and photo files loaded onto a compatible USB msc device. You can search by folder or file, control playback functions (such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), well as view song/artist information - including album art. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (5V/1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: This USB port (labeled "USB/Charging") is not compatible with Apple iOS devices, Android devices, USB hubs, or card-readers.
microSD card Slot: The BE7ACP features a front-panel microSD card slot for inserting a microSD memory card (up to 64GB) formatted in FAT32. The unit supports a variety of music, video, and photo files loaded onto a compatible microSD memory card. You can search by folder or file, control playback functions (such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), well as view song/artist information - including album art.
Compatible Media Types: The Boss Elite BE7ACP supports the following audio,video, and photo files loaded onto a USB MSC device or microSD memory card.
|Media Type||USB MSC or microSD card|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC|
|Video||AVI, MKV, WMV|
|Photo||JPEG, PNG, BMP|
AV Input: The Boss Elite BE7ACP features a rear-panel AV input which consists of a composite video jack and stereo RCA jacks for connecting an external portable audio/video source.
20W x 4Ch Amp: The Boss Elite BE7ACP receiver is equipped with a 20 watt (RMS) x 4 channel amplifier.
6Ch/4V Pre-outs: The Boss Elite BE7ACP features front, rear and subwoofer 4.0-volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer pre-outs output are non-fading.
Note: The receiver's internal amplifier can be turned off to reduce noise when only using the head unit's pre-outs.
Sub Control w/ Low Pass Crossover: The head unit's subwoofer pre-out utilizes its own low pass crossover which can be set to 50Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or 160Hz. You can adjust the subwoofer output's level (-14 to +1) independently from the overall volume.
EQ: The receiver offers 6 EQ presets - User, HipHop, Pop, R&B, Rock, and Jazz. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 10-band EQ (32, 63, 125, 250, 500, 1k,2k, 4k, 8k 16k Hz) from -6dB to +6dB.
Loudness: The Loudness feature enhances high & low frequencies at lower volume levels.
Source Level: You can independently adjust the source level (0-32) of the Radio, USB, Bluetooth, AV In, Android Auto, and CarPlay for smoother volume level transition between sources.
Default Volume: You can set the turn-on and default volume of the head unit's Main Source, Bluetooth Phone (Talk/Ring), Navigation Voice Prompts, and Voice Control Assistants (Siri/Google) from 0 to 50.
AM/FM Tuner: The Boss Elite BE7ACP features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 10 FM and 10 AM station presets. You can store your presets manually or have the receiver do it for you automatically. The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
Beep Tone: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
7" Capacitive Touchscreen: The Boss Elite BE7ACP receiver features a fixed 7" capacitive touchscreen LCD monitor. The screen has a resolution of 1024 x 600 (614,400 total pixels). The capacitive touchscreen provides a high contrast ratio, crystal clear display, and vivid text; as well as highly responsive touchscreen operation. Touchscreen operations include touch, swipe, and drag.
- Wallpaper & Background: You can select between 3 pre-loaded wallpaper backgrounds. You cannot download a custom image.
- Dimmer & Brightness Settings: You can manually adjust the LCD touchscreen monitor's brightness for day and nighttime viewing. You can also setup the unit to have the display dim when you turn your vehicle's lights on (the orange wire of the wiring harness must be connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit).
- Date & Time Display: The receiver offers date (Month/Date/Year) and time (12 or 24 hour) display.
Push-Button Controls: In addition to its 7" capacitive touchscreen, there are four push-button controls along the left edge of the screen that operate Power On/Off, Volume Up, Volume Down, and Voice Recognition (for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay). The button illumination is blue and not user adjustable.
Parking Brake Interlock: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in touchscreen monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the light green wire (within harness) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged. While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork; as well as the CarPlay and Android Auto.
Note: The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options.
Optional Steering Wheel Control: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional Metra, Maestro, or PAC steering wheel control adapter (sold separately).
Dual Camera Inputs: The Boss Elite BE7ACP features dual camera inputs that consist of composite video jacks. There is a rear view camera input and a front view camera input. Cameras sold separately (see Accessories Tab).
- Rear View Camera: When an optional rear view camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the integrated 7" touchscreen monitor when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (purple/white wire of harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse gear circuit). Automatic video switching can be set to 0.1, 0.5, 1, or 2 seconds. The unit will also display on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up.
- Front View Camera: The BE7ACP also features a second composite video camera input that can be used for connecting a front camera or dash cam (sold separately). The front view camera input is manually selected from the head unit's touchscreen (no auto switching).
Note: The camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the cameras when backing-up. In addition to using the cameras, always look around you to make sure everything is clear when manuevering your vehicle.
103 questions already asked