About the Boss BE9ACP-C Package
Boss brings it with this big-screen digital multimedia receiver and backup cam combo. With a 9" capacitive touchscreen, you'll have big buttons and easy access to Siri® or Google Assistant to make getting stuff done easy, on the fly. The receiver's chassis fits in your vehicle's 2" tall single-DIN dash opening, while the big screen "floats" in front of the chassis. Onboard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ provide the best smartphone integration available in car stereos today. Plus, Boss includes a backup cam for a bigger, clearer view of what's behind you.
CarPlay integrates your iPhone into the driving experience in a seamless interface, allowing you to access iPhone content with the sound of your voice. That means easy access to your music library, audiobooks, phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
If you're an Android user, this receiver is ready for your phone, too. Android Auto integrates your Android device into the driving experience without distracting you from the job at hand — driving. You'll have easy voice access to Google Maps, weather, music, and apps, not to mention your text messages. And you can make calls, too, of course. Get more info at www.android.com/auto.
Bluetooth and more
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming from your phone for music services, podcasts, and audiobooks. Plus, you'll be able to take and make calls while keeping your hands on the wheel — an awesome safety feature when you're making your daily commute. And if you have music files on a flash drive you'd like to enjoy, Boss makes listening to stored music easy.
Room to upgrade
Boss builds in three sets of preamp outputs for amplifiers powering your speakers and subs. Use the 9" touchscreen display makes system control and equalizer sound-sculpting a breeze.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital media receiver with 9" capacitive touchscreen display
- single-DIN chassis
- built-in AM/FM tuner
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- Android Auto compatible
- front panel button to activate Siri or Google Assistant
- inputs: two rear USB inputs, rear A/V input (RCA), backup camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS/85 peak x 4 channels)
- 10-band equalizer with five preset EQ curves
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BE9ACP-C
What's in the box:
- BOSS BE9ACP:
- 9" Touchscreen monitor
- Single-DIN source unit (15A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone w/ integrated bracket (attached 9.5' cable terminated by a stereo 3.5mm connector)
- Trim-ring (pre-installed)
- Mounting sleeve (pre-installed)
- 2 Side brackets
- 8 ISO-screws
- Self-tapping screw
- Rear-support stud
- Flat washer
- Lock washer
- 2 Removal tools
- User's Manual
- Warranty/Registration Card
- BOSS ELPC40B:
- Backup camera w/ integrated licence-plate bracket (attached 21" power/video cable)
- 16.5' Power/video extension cable
- 39" Power/ground camera cable
- User's Manual
Boss BE9ACP-C Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boss BE9ACP-C Package
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear)|
|USB Input||Rear (2)|
|USB Port Power||1.5A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|iPhone||5 and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||20 watts|
|Peak Output||85 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Two-Piece Configuration (Detachable): The Boss Elite BE9ACP digital multimedia receiver features a two-piece floating display configuration with an external 9" capacitive touchscreen monitor and a separate single-DIN (2") source unit. Separating the large touchscreen monitor from the chassis allows the BE9ACP to be installed in a standard single-DIN (2") dash opening. Unlike other floating screen designs where the touchscreen monitor is fixed to the source unit after installation, the BE9ACP's floating touchscreen monitor is detachable to deter theft (no protective case included); simply press the two buttons one the front-panel behind the monitor and disconnect the proprietary connector to detach the floating monitor from the source unit. The two components simply snap and connect back together when you are ready to use it again.
- Floating Touchscreen Monitor: The floating 9" touchscreen monitor connects to the front-panel of the single-DIN source unit once its mounted in the dash. Depending on your vehicle's factory radio location and the location of other factory equipment, you may need to adjust the mounting position of the touchscreen monitor in order to prevent impairment of vehicle driving operations. The floating touchscreen monitor offers horizontal (+/- 15 degrees), vertical (up/down) and tilt (+/- 25 degrees) adjustability to ensure the best fit and usability in your vehicle's dash. The touchscreen monitor measures 9.245" (w) x 5.895 " (h) x 1.855" (d).
- Single-DIN Source Unit: The source unit mounts in a standard single-DIN (2") dash opening using a vehicle specific kit (sold separately). The source unit contains all the BE9ACP's input and output connections. The included floating touchscreen monitor attaches to the source unit's front-panel insert and proprietary connector.
- Vehicle specific dash kit, radio replacement interface, wiring harness, antenna adapter, plus other accessories and tools needed for installation are all sold separately.
- The Boss Elite BE9ACP will not fit in some vehicles with a single-DIN opening due to its large 9" touchscreen monitor interferring with your vehicle's factory equipment on the dash.
9" Capacitive Touchscreen: The 9" floating capacitive touchscreen monitor delivers a high-quality image with highly responsive touchscreen operation. It has a resolution of 1024 x 600 (614,400 total pixels) with a high contrast ratio, crystal clear display, and vivid text. Capacitive touchscreen operations include touch, swipe, and drag.
- Wallpaper & Background: You can select between 6 pre-loaded wallpaper backgrounds. You cannot download a custom image.
- Dimmer & Brightness Settings: You can manually adjust the LCD touchscreen monitor's brightness for day and nighttime viewing. You can also setup the unit to have the display dim when you turn your vehicle's lights on (the orange wire of the wiring harness must be connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit).
- Date & Time Display: The receiver offers date (Month/Date/Year) and time (12 or 24 hour) display.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in touchscreen monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the light green wire (within harness) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged. The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options. While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork; as well as the CarPlay and Android Auto.
Rotary Knob and Touch Sensitive Controls: In addition to its 9 " capacitive touchscreen, there are 4 touch-sensitive buttons and a 3-way rotary knob along the bottom edge of the touchscreen that operate Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Voice Recognition (for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay), Home Menu, and AM/FM Band. The unit offers variable color button illumination; choose Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, or White.
Optional Steering Wheel Control: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional Metra, Maestro, or PAC steering wheel control adapter (sold separately).
Android Auto: Android Auto brings the most useful apps of your Android smartphone to the Boss BE9ACP in-dash receiver, making it easier for you to keep your main focus on driving. You can control things like navigation maps, phone calls, text messages, music, and more using the head unit's touchscreen or your voice and Google Assistant. With large touchscreen icons, a simplified user interface, and the Google Assistant, it's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. To use Android Auto, you'll need an Android smartphone running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to head unit's rear-panel USB port (labeled "Apple CarPlay/Android Auto") and paired via Bluetooth. Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible
- Google Assistant: With Google Assistant on Android Auto, you can keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel while using your voice to help you with your daily commute. Simply say, "Ok Google" or press the mic button to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, or listen to music.
- Navigation Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. You can use the unit's touchscreen or Google Assistant to select your destination and route. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Calls & Messages: Android Auto's Google Assistant lets you stay connected while you're driving. The Google Assistant lets you use voice commands to call phone numbers and your favorite contacts, as well as read-reply-send text messages; all while keeping your hands on the wheel.
- Music Apps: Android Auto gives you access to your Android smartphone's music library through Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen or the Google Assistant to select songs, artists, albums, or playlists. You also get access to select music apps on your Android smartphone; including Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Make sure you plug in your Android smartphone to the BE9ACP's rear-panel USB port labeled "Apple CarPlay/Android Auto" with a USB-IF certified cable (not compatible with the USB port labeled "USB/Charging"). Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- You cannot have an Android Auto smartphone and Apple CarPlay iPhone plugged in at the same time.
Apple CarPlay: CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your Apple iPhone in your vehicle. CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and puts them right on the display of the in-dash receiver. You can use the head unit's touchscreen or your voice and Siri to get directions, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music - all in a way that allows you to stay focused on the road. You'll need to connect your compatible iPhone 5 or newer (running iOS 7.1+) to the head unit's rear-panel USB port (labeled "Apple CarPlay/Android Auto") using an Apple Certified USB-to-Lightning cable.
- Maps: Apple Maps will be mirrored on the screen, including traffic information and estimated time to destination. Use the head unit's touchscreen or ask Siri to get turn-by-turn directions. You can search by address, favorites, recents, points-of-interestes, and more. CarPlay can even predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. You can also choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have there own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone: Use the head unit's touchsceen or ask Siri to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemail messages. Caller ID information will be displayed on the receiver's touchscreen. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers.
- Messages: Ask Siri to send, read, and reply to text messages. This hands-free operation minimizes distraction and allows you to keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
- Music: You can access music by artist, song, playlist, and more through the receiver's touchscreen or via Siri. The receiver will dispaly artist/song/album information (including album art in the background). You can access your iPhone's iTunes music library, as well as Apple Music. In addition, you can access other music apps that you have on your iPhone; including Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, SiriusXM, Slacker Radio, Google Play Music & more.
- Apple HomeKit: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Other Applications: In addition to navigation and music apps, Apple CarPlay supports a variety of other applications ranging from Podcasts, Audiobooks, Sports, News, Weather, and More.
Notes:Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay and Android Auto apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
- Apple CarPlay is compatible with iPhone 5 or newer running iOS 7.1 or newer.
- Make sure your plug in your iPhone 5 or newer to the BE9ACP's rear-panel USB port labeled "Apple CarPlay/Android Auto" with an Apple certified Lightning-to-USB cable (not compatible with the USB port labeled "USB/Charging"). Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- You cannot have an Android Auto smartphone and Apple CarPlay iPhone plugged in at the same time.
Smartphone Charging: The Boss Elite BE9ACP will also charge (5V/1.5A) your Android Auto compatible Android smartphone or Apple CarPlay compatible iPhone while connected via USB with the vehicle's ignition switch set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Bluetooth 4.2+EDR: The Boss Elite BE9ACP is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.2+EDR allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.5 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Boss receiver.
Simple Secure Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Boss Elite BE9ACP without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
Hands-Free Communication (External Mic): The Boss Elite BE9ACP allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the BE9ACP provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The receiver will display the caller's phone number and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer or end a call through the head unit's front-panel controls (or set the receiver to automatically answer the call). The BE9ACP allows you to carry on the phone conversation using the included external microphone and your car audio speakers. Your music will mute automatically during a call. You can make a call using the Boss receiver's LCD touchscreen via its on-screen keypad, your phone's transferred phonebook, or a list of your most recent calls.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Boss Elite BE9ACP allows wireless play back of stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or other device using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track from the Boss head unit (advanced music browsing will still be done from your Bluetooth source device). The unit will also display song/artist information (no Album art).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
USB MSC Playback: The Boss Elite BE9ACP is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port attached to the rear-chassis via a hardwired 39" pigtail (labeled "USB/Charging"). The USB port allows for connection of a USB mass storage class device; such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 64GB) formatted in FAT32. The unit supports playback of a variety of music, video, and photo files loaded onto a compatible USB msc device. You can search by folder or file, control playback functions (such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), well as view song/artist information - including album art. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (5V/1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
- This USB port (labeled "USB/Charging") is not compatible with Apple iOS devices, Android devices, USB hubs, or card-readers.
- The other USB port labeled "Apple CarPlay/Android Auto" cannot be used with a USB thumbdrive for media playback.
Compatible Media Types: The Boss Elite BE9ACP supports the following audio, video, and photo files loaded onto a USB MSC device.
|Media Type||USB MSC|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC|
|Video||AVI, MKV, WMV|
|Photo||JPEG, PNG, BMP|
AV Input: The Boss Elite BE9ACP features a rear-panel AV input which consists of a composite video jack and stereo RCA jacks for connecting an external portable audio/video source.
Included Backup Camera: The Boss Elite BE9ACP is equipped with a composite video camera input for connecting the included ELPC40B backup camera with license plate bracket. The included backup camera features an integrated bracket which attaches directly to the front of your vehicle's existing license plate frame. When the included camera is connected to the BE9ACP, the backup image is displayed on the integrated 9" LCD screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (purple/white wire attached to rear chassis must be connected to vehicle's backup lights). Automatic video switching can be set to 0.1, 0.5, 1, or 2 seconds. The unit will also display on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up.
- Effective pixels = 628 x 586 (368,008 total)
- Wide viewing angle = 170° (horizontal)
- Minimum illumination = 0.5 lux (4 LEDs surround camera lens)
- In some larger vehicles (such as SUVs and Vans), installation of the backup camera may require a longer composite video cable, RCA coupler, and power/ground wires - all sold separately.
- The included camera is meant as a visual aid only; never solely rely on the camera. In addition to using the camera, always physically look to make sure everything is clear around your vehicle.
Front Camera Input: The BE9ACP also features a second composite video camera input that can be used for connecting a front camera or dash cam (sold separately).
20W x 4Ch Amp: The Boss Elite BE9ACP receiver is equipped with a 20 watt (RMS) x 4 channel amplifier. The receiver's internal amplifier can be turned off to reduce noise when only using the head unit's pre-outs.
6Ch/4V Pre-outs: The Boss Elite BE9ACP features front, rear and subwoofer 4.0-volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer pre-outs output are non-fading.
Sub Control w/ Low Pass Crossover: The head unit's subwoofer pre-out utilizes its own low pass crossover which can be set to 50Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or 160Hz. You can adjust the subwoofer output's level (-14 to +1) independently from the overall volume.
EQ: The receiver offers 6 EQ presets - User, HipHop, Pop, R&B, Rock, and Jazz. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 10-band EQ (32, 63, 125, 250, 500, 1k,2k, 4k, 8k 16k Hz) from -6dB to +6dB.
Loudness: The Loudness feature enhances high & low frequencies at lower volume levels.
Source Level: You can independently adjust the source level (0-32) of the Radio, USB, Bluetooth, AV In, Android Auto, and CarPlay for smoother volume level transition between sources.
Default Volume: You can set the turn-on and default volume of the head unit's Main Source, Bluetooth Phone (Talk/Ring), Navigation Voice Prompts, and Voice Control Assistants (Siri/Google) from 0 to 50.
AM/FM Tuner: The Boss Elite BE9ACP features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 10 FM and 10 AM station presets. You can store your presets manually or have the receiver do it for you automatically. The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
Beep Tone: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
28 questions already asked