About the Boss BV755B
Touchscreen, not shoestring
Touchscreen, not shoestring
If you're looking for a new car stereo when you're on a budget, you may think a touchscreen receiver is out of reach. Boss's BV755B DVD receiver offers a pleasant counterpoint to your expectations. Its 6.2" display features easy-to-use controls for your sources, plus built-in Bluetooth® enables hands-free calling and wireless audio streaming from your smartphone. Voice control functions are only a push of a button away when the receiver is paired with your smartphone's voice assistant. Best of all — Boss backs up your investment with a 3-year warranty.
Bluetooth makes your drive better
With Bluetooth, you'll enjoy all the content on your smartphone — stored music, streaming services like Pandora and Spotify, podcasts, and audiobooks. Android™ or iPhone®, it's yours to enjoy through wireless streaming. Plus you can take and make calls while keeping your hands on the wheel — an awesome safety feature when you're making your daily commute. Boss built in a sensitive Bluetooth microphone for your calls, located on the receiver's faceplate for a simpler installation.
When your car is parked, you can use 6.2" screen to view video content from DVDs, microSD cards, or USB thumb drives. If you want to take your show on the road, connect video screens to the receiver's video outputs and keep your backseat passengers entertained. And with an optional rear-view camera (not included), you can use your new in-dash display to help back into those tight parking spots.
With Boss's A-LINK App you can mirror the screen of certain Android smartphones on the receiver's screen
More ways to enjoy your music
Play music back from DVDs or CDs, or load up a USB drive or microSD card with your digital music, plug them in and let them play for hours. Use the front auxiliary input to connect a portable player. For sound shaping, this Boss includes an 8-band EQ, and to get more impact out of your system, three sets of preamp outputs let you connect amplifiers to power your speakers.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- 6.2" touchscreen display
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- wireless remote
- plays CDs, DVDs, microSD cards, and USB memory devices
- screen mirroring from Android phones using the Boss A-LINK app
- 8-band equalizer with preset EQ curves
- inputs: front USB input (not compatible with iOS or Android devices), front auxiliary input (mini), front microSD card slot, rear-view camera input (RCA); rear A/V input (RCA)
- outputs: dual rear video outputs, 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS/80 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 5 years (3 years Canada)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BV755B
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ integrated 6.2" monitor (15A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 2 Brackets
- 8 ISO-screws
- User's Manual
- "Push To Talk" note
- Warranty/Registration Card
Boss BV755B reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Boss BV755B
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear)|
|USB Port Power||1A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||20 watts|
|Peak Output||80 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||2.0 volts|
|Screen Type||Basic (Resistive)|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, FLAC, WAV|
Simple Intuitive Control
Audio & Tuner Section
Simple Intuitive Control
6.2" LCD Touchscreen: Boss BV755B DVD receiver features a fixed 6.2" widescreen touchscreen LCD monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 RGB x 480 with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. You can switch between 6 preset wallpaper or backgrounds. You can manually adjust the LCD touchscreen monitor's brightness for day and nighttime viewing. You can also setup the unit to have the display dim when you turn your vehicle's lights on (the orange wire of the wiring harness must be connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit).
- Hard-Key Controls: In addition to touchscreen controls, the head unit features a 3-way rotary knob and 4 push-buttons along the left edge of the screen. The 3-way rotary knob controls Power, Volume, and Mute. The 4 push-buttons activate "Push-To-Talk" voice control, operate disc eject, select mode (source), choose band (AM/FM).
- Video Lock Out: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the head unit's pink wire must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in LCD screen as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the light blue wire of the hearness must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Push-To-Talk Voice Assistant: When connected via Bluetooth to an iPhone with Siri or Android smartphone with Google Assistant or Bixby, you can access the mobile device's digital voice assistant through the Boss receiver by pressing the "Push-to-Talk" button on the front-panel. You'll speak your command into the head unit's front-panel microphone and the digital voice assistant will be heard through your vehicle's speakers (music playback will be attenuated). Compatible digital voice assistant functions include hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more. You'll be able to ask your digital voice assistant get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your compatible smartphone. The head unit's audio is attenuated while the digital voice assistant provides voice prompts.
Note: The head unit's LCD touchscreen will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other digital voice assistant functions are only audible through the Boss head unit; visual data will still need to be viewed from your smartphone device).
Remote Control: The Boss BV755B comes with an IR remote control and offers steering wheel control through optional adapter (sold separately).
- IR Remote: The Boss BV755B includes a 40-button IR remote control for complete wireless operation of the DVD receiver.
- Optional Steering Wheel Control: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional Metra, PAC, or Maestro steering wheel control adapter (sold separately).
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned On or Off).
Bluetooth Technology: The Boss BV755B DVD receiver is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, providing hands-free communication and audio streaming for added convenience and safety in the vehicle. Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the BV755B. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Boss BV755B.This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Hands-Free Communication: The BV755B supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen and carry on a phone conversation hands-free. The unit's front-panel integrated mic carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can increase or decrease the volume level of a call, using the head unit's rotary knob on the front panel. You can also transfer calls between the receiver and your Bluetooth enabled phone.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number or assigned contact name will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds. Any audio playback will be muted during a call. You can even reject an incoming call using the BV755B, so the call will revert to your phone's voice mail.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Boss in-dash head unit's touchscreen controls. Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers directly via the head unit's touchscreen keypad. You can also make a call from your phone's transferred phonebook (manually transferred) using the Boss's BV755B touchscreen. In addition, you can use the receiver's call log (which consists of dialed numbers, received call, and missed calls) to make a call from the BV755B's touchscreen. If your phone supports voice recognition, you can even use your voice to dial a number from your contacts.
Note: This unit does not support the connection of external microphone.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Boss BV755B also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or other device using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track from the Boss head unit. Advance music navigation and song/artist information will still need to be handled through the Bluetooth mobile device. This unit also displays song/artist information (no album art) from Bluetooth audio devices.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Disc Compatibility: The Boss BV755B features a single disc player that will playback DVD-video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-audio, and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports a variety of music, video, and photo files via DVD or CD.
- Off Insert/Eject: You can load and eject a disc with the unit off. Playback will automatically start when inserting a disc.
- Auto Reload: When a disc is ejected and left sticking out of the disc slot for 10 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the disc to protect if from damage.
ESP (Electronic Skip Protection): ESP is a feature that buffers the CD while playing, storing 5 seconds of music. If disc reading is interrupted, the player momentarily uses the stored data, while the tracking circuitry finds the passage prior to the interruption on the CD for continuous performance.
SD-Card Slot: The Boss DVD receiver features a front-panel SD-card slot for playback of a variety of music, video, and photo files recorded onto a SD/SDHC memory card (up to 64GB).
USB Port: The BV755B is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device; such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 32GB). The unit supports playback of a variety of music, video, and photo files loaded onto a compatible USB msc device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Apple iOS or Android OS devices, and does not support USB hubs or card-readers.
Media File Compatibility: The Boss BV755B supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device or SD memory card.
- Audio: MP3, FLAC, WAV
- Video: MPEG-1, MPEG-2
- Photo: JPEG, BMP
Song/Artist/Album Display: The receiver will display song/artist information along with album art for MP3 music files on a USB memory device or SD card.
Playback & Search Control: The head unit offers Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, Repeat (all/folder/track) and Random (all/folder). It also provides direct track entry from the touchscreen or remote for quicker access, and a folder/track list so you can you scroll through your music files.
Audio & Tuner Section
20W x 4Ch Amp: The Boss BV755B DVD receiver is equipped with a 20 watt (RMS) x 4 channel amplifier. The built-in amplifier can be turned off if you plan on using external power amplifiers.
6Ch/2V Pre-outs: The Boss BV755B features front, rear and subwoofer 2V pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer pre-outs output are non-fading.
Note: There is no built-in low-pass crossover filter and no dedicated subwoofer level output.
EQ: You can choose between 6 EQ presets - User, Jazz, Pop, Classic, or Rock. The User preset allows you to manually adjust the the head unit's 8-band EQ (60Hz, 150Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz, 7kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz) from -8 to +8.
Loudness: The Loudness feature enhances high & low frequencies at lower volume levels.
Source Level: You can independently adjust the output level of each source (including Tuner, Disc, USB, SD, Aux, AV, & Bluetooth) from -7 to +7.
Start-Up Volume: You can set the unit to always turn-on at the same volume level (0-40).
AM/FM Tuner: The Boss BV755B features a built-in AM/FM tuner. The BV755B features 3 FM banks and 2 AM banks for storing presets (automatically or manually). You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (total of 30). Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. You can also switch between Stereo/Mono modes for better reception.
- RDS (Radio Data System): RDS (Radio Data System) is a service used by some radio stations to transmit data outside of normal radio broadcast signals. When an RDS station is received, you can immediately find out what kind of data is being transmitted by looking at the program service name which appears in the display after the frequency.
- North American & European Tuning: The Boss BV755B's AM/FM tuner offers selectable North American and European tuning.
AV Inputs: The Boss BV755B is equipped with an Aux input (on side of touchscreen monitor) that consists of a 3.5mm jack for connection of an external portable audio device with a headphone jack or analog output. The Aux input only supports audio playback (not video compatible). There is also a rear-panel AV input that consists of a composite video and stereo RCA jacks for connecting an external audio/video source (Parking Brake must be applied to view video on-screen).
Video Output: The rear-panel composite video output jack allows you to add an external monitor, such as a rear headrest monitor or overhead monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a DVD, USB, SD, or AV-input video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Dual Camera Inputs: The Boss BV755B is outfitted with two camera inputs; one backup camera input and one front camera input. The head unit features 12V accessory wires that provide power to rear and front cameras. The unit does not offer park assist guidelines.
- Backup Camera Input: The backup camera input consists of a composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rearview camera (sold separately - see Accessories tab) in order to display the area behind your vehicle on the head unit's touchscreen. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is automatically displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (violet/white wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic rearview video switching can be set to display in 1, 2, or 3 seconds. The rearview image can also be selected manually.
- Front Camera Input: In addition to the backup camera input, the BV755B features a front camera input that consists of a composite video RCA jack and allows you to connect a front camera or dash camera (sold separately). The front camera input can be accessed manually from the touchscreen monitor's on-screen menu. The front camera input will display on the digital media receiver's LCD monitor and remain on display until you deactivate the front camera input.
Note: The camera inputs are meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the camera inputs when driving. In addition to using the camera inputs, always look around you to make sure everything is clear when maneuvering your vehicle.
A-Link App (Screen Mirroring): The A-LINK App (for Android OS 8.0+) allows your to mirror the screen of certain Android smartphones on the screen of the Boss BV755B DVD receiver. You'll need to connect your compatible Android smartphone to receiver's front-panel USB port. In addition to mirroing your compatible Android smartphone, the A-Link app also allows 2-way control so you can control the mirrored content from your Android smartphone or the Boss receiver's touchscreen.
- Scan QR code in manual to download app.
- Your vehicle's Parking brake will need to be engaged to mirror video content.
- Not all Android OS apps are supported by the A-Link app.
- Not compatible with Apple iOS devices.
The Boss BV755B replaces these items
- 7" resistive HD glass touchscreen display
- smartphone screen-mirroring via USB for select Android devices
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- 6.2" touchscreen with three wallpaper backgrounds
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- steering wheel IR remote included (CR2025 battery not included)
97 questions already asked
Just received the product and got it installed. As always service from Crutchfield is top notch!! Unit seems feature packed at a solid price. Basically using this to stream Spotify and listen to radio so I didn't need much. The unit paired with my phone easily and screen looks good.
Kris from ASHEVILLE, NC