About the Boss BV765BLC
Touchscreen on a budget
Touchscreen on a budget
If you're thinking about a new touchscreen car stereo that offers a lot for your hard-earned dough, Boss's BV765BLC DVD receiver fits the bill. Its 6.5" display includes a variable color background, simple icon controls for your DVD, CD, SD, and USB sources, and built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and wireless audio streaming from your smartphone. And Boss backs up this receiver with a 3-year warranty – almost unheard of for a car stereo in this price range.
Large icons help you find the source you want with a quick glance.
Bluetooth delivers wireless convenience
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for stored music, Internet radio stations like Pandora and Spotify, podcasts, and audiobooks. Android™ users can pair to this receiver, download Boss's control app, and run the show right from their phone. This receiver also lets you take and make calls while keeping your hands on the wheel — an awesome safety feature when you're making your daily commute. Boss built in a sensitive Bluetooth microphone for your calls, located on the receiver's faceplate for a simpler installation.
Bring on the video
When your car is parked, you can use 6.5" screen to view movies. You can also see your artist and song info without squinting. If you want to take your show on the road, connect video screens to the receiver's two video outputs and keep your backseat passengers entertained. Talk about value — Boss also included a backup camera with the BV765BLC receiver. Install it on the top part of the license plate holder, run some wire to the back of the receiver, and bingo, you can then use your new in-dash display to help back into those tight parking spots.
More media options
Turning to music, you can slide in just about any disc, even a recordable DVD or CD loaded with MP3 files. You can load up a USB drive or SD card with your digital music, plug them in, and let them play for hours. The front auxiliary input lets your connect a portable player, like a portable high-res player. This Boss includes 7-band EQ and seven presets for quick tone changes. To get more impact out of your system, three sets of preamp outputs let you connect amplifiers to power your speakers.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS/80 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.5" touchscreen with icon-based controls
- includes Boss backup camera with license plate mount
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- wireless remote
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays CDs, DVDs, SD cards, and USB memory devices
- 7-band equalizer with seven presets
- inputs: front USB input (not Android/iPhone compatible), front auxiliary input, front SD card slot, rear audio/video (RCA) inputs, rear-view and front-view camera inputs
- outputs: rear video (RCA) output, 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BV765BLC
What's in the box:
- Boss BV765B:
- DVD receiver w/ integrated 6.5" monitor (15A fuse)
- Trim-ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 2 Side-brackets
- User's Manual
- Boss LPCB36:
- Backup camera w/ integrated licence-plate bracket (attached 21" power/video cable)
- 16.5' Power/video extension cable
- 39" Power/ground camera cable
- User's Manual
Boss BV765BLC reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boss BV765BLC
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, microSD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||20 watts|
|Peak Output||80 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givenHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||2.0 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WAV|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
6.5" LCD Touchscreen: Boss BV765B DVD receiver features a fixed 6.5" widescreen touchscreen LCD monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 RGB x 480 with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy.
- Wallpaper/Backgrounds: You switch between 3 preset wallpaper/backgrounds.
- Picture Adjustment: During DVD playback you can adjust the display's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and sharpness.
- Date & Time: You can set the unit to display a 12 or 24 hour clock, as well as program in the year, month, & day.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in LCD screen as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the light green wire (within wiring harness) must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the unit's LCD touchscreen controls, the BV765B also features hard-key controls on the left edge of the screen (including a 3-way rotary audio control).
IR Remote: The Boss BV765B includes a 37-button IR remote control for complete wireless operation of the DVD receiver.
Optional Steering Wheel Control: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional Metra, PAC, or Maestro steering wheel control adapter (sold separately).
Bluetooth Technology: The Boss BV765B DVD receiver is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, providing hands-free communication and audio streaming for added convenience and safety in the vehicle. Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the BV765B. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Boss BV765B.
- Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Boss BV765B allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. The head unit will display the caller's phone number and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer or end a call through the head unit's touchscreen. The BV765B allows you to carry on the phone conversation using the head unit's integrated microphone and your car audio speakers. Your music will mute automatically during a call. You can make a call using the Boss receiver's LCD touchscreen via its on-screen keypad, your phone's transferred phonebook, or a list of your most recent calls.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Boss BV765B also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or other device using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track from the Boss head unit. Advance music navigation and song/artist information will still need to be handled through the Bluetooth mobile device. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
Note: This unit does not support the connection of an external microphone.
A-Link App (Screen Mirroring): The A-LINK App (for Android OS 8.0+) allows your to mirror the screen of certain Android smartphones on the screen of the Boss BV765B DVD receiver. You'll need to connect your compatible Android smartphone to receiver's front-panel USB port. In addition to mirroing your compatible Android smartphone, the A-Link app also allows 2-way control so you can control the mirrored content from your Android smartphone or the Boss receiver's touchscreen.
- Scan QR code in manual to download app.
- Your vehicle's Parking brake will need to be engaged to mirror video content.
- Not all Android OS apps are supported by the A-Link app.
- Not compatible with Apple iOS devices.
Disc Compatibility: The Boss BV765B features a single disc player that will playback DVD-video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-audio, and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports a variety of music & video files via DVD or CD.
- Off Insert/Eject: You can load and eject a disc with the unit off. Playback will automatically start when inserting a disc.
- Auto Reload: When a disc is ejected and left sticking out of the disc slot for 10 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the disc to protect if from damage.
ESP (Electronic Skip Protection): ESP is a feature that buffers the CD while playing, storing 5 seconds of music. If disc reading is interrupted, the player momentarily uses the stored data, while the tracking circuitry finds the passage prior to the interruption on the CD for continuous performance.
microSD-Card Slot: The Boss DVD receiver features a front-panel microSD-card slot for playback of a variety of music & video files recorded onto a microSD/SDHC memory card (up to 32GB).
USB Port: The BV765B is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital music player (up to 32GB). The unit supports playback of a variety of music and video files loaded onto a compatible USB msc device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Android OS devices.
Media File Compatibility: The Boss BV765B supports the following types of audio & video photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device or microSD memory card.
- Audio: MP3, WAV
- Video: MPEG-1, MPEG-2
Song/Artist Info: The receiver will display song/artist/album information from MP3 and WMA music files.
Playback & Search Control: The head unit offers Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, Repeat (all/folder/track) and Random (all/folder). It also provides direct track entry using it's touchscreen keypad for quicker access, and a folder/track list so you can you scroll through your music files.
20W x 4Ch Amp: The Boss BV765B DVD receiver is equipped with a 20 watt (RMS) x 4 channel amplifier.
6Ch/2V Pre-outs: The Boss BV765B features front, rear and subwoofer 2.0-volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer pre-outs output are non-fading (there is no built-in low pass filter).
EQ & Surround Modes: You can choose between 7 EQ presets - User, Classic, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Electric, or Flat. The User preset allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 7-Band equalizer (60, 150, 400, 1k, 3k, 7k, 15k Hz). In addition the BV765B offers Surround modes (Concert, Church, Wide, Live, Passive, or None) to create a more immersive listening experience inside your vehicle.
Loudness: The Loudness setting allows you to enhance the receiver's bass & treble at lower volume levels.
Key Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm operation This function can be turned On or Off.
AM/FM Tuner: The Boss BV765B features a built-in AM/FM tuner. The BV765B features 3 FM banks and 2 AM bank for storing presets (automatically or manually). You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (total of 30). Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. You can also switch between Stereo/Mono modes for better reception. The tuner also features selectable North America and European tuning.
Included Backup Camera: The Boss BV765B is equipped with a composite video camera input for connecting the included backup camera with license plate bracket. The included backup camera features an integrated bracket which attaches directly to the front of your vehicle's existing license plate frame. When the included camera is connected to the BV765B, the backup image is displayed on the integrated 6.5" LCD screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (purple/white wire attached to rear chassis must be connected to vehicle's backup lights).
- Effective pixels = 656 x 492 (322, 752 total)
- Wide viewing angle = 170° (horizontal)
- Minimum illumination = 0.5 lux
- Automatic video switching speed = 1.5 seconds
Note: The included camera is meant as a visual aid only; never solely rely on the camera. In addition to using the camera, always physically look to make sure everything is clear around your vehicle.
Front Camera Input: The Boss BV765B is also equipped with a composite video front camera input for adding a front camera (sold separately) to your vehicle. From the receiver's touchscreeen, you can manual switch over to the front camera image.
AV Inputs: The Boss BV765B is outfitted with a front-panel Aux input (3.5mm) and a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA AV input for connecting an external audio/video device.
Video Output: A composite video output jack allows you to add an external monitor, such as a rear headrest monitor or overhead monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a DVD, USB, microSD, or AV-input video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
The Boss BV765BLC replaces these items
- 6.2" Clear Resistive touchscreen with white button illumination
- plays USB drives loaded with high-res FLAC music files (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included)
- 6.2" Clear Resistive touchscreen display
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included)
- works with iDataLink Maestro module
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- customizable display background and angle adjustment for better in-dash visibility
264 questions already asked