About the Boss BV775BLC Package
Bring your DVDs and CDs into the rotation
Bring your DVDs and CDs into the rotation
With Boss's BV775B DVD receiver, you don't have to abandon your favorite discs. The receiver's 6.95" touchscreen display makes controlling your DVD, CD, SD, and USB sources easy. Plus, a 5-second electronic skip protection buffer minimizes interruptions when you hit that surprise pothole.
Backup cam included
You can use the 6.95" screen to view DVDs when your car is parked. If you want to take your show on the road, connect video screens (not included) to the pair of rear video outputs and keep your backseat passengers entertained. And with the included backup cam, you can use your new in-dash display to help back into tight parking spots.
Take and make calls
Bluetooth lets you take and make calls while keeping your hands on the wheel — an awesome safety feature when you're making your daily commute. The sensitive built-in microphone on the faceplate simplifies installation. And the Bluetooth connection makes it easy to wirelessly stream your music!
And more entertainment
In addition to discs, you can play music and video from a loaded-up USB drive or SD card, or use the front auxiliary input to connect a portable music player. This Boss includes an 8-band EQ and presets for quick tone changes. To get more impact out of your system, use the three sets of preamp outputs to connect amplifiers to your speakers.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- includes rear-view camera with license plate bracket
- built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS/80 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.95" touchscreen with icon-based controls
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- wireless remote
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays CDs, DVDs, SD cards, and USB memory devices
- 8-band equalizer
- inputs: front USB input, front auxiliary input, front SD card slot, rear audio/video (RCA) inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: two rear video (RCA) outputs, 6-channel preamp outputs (3-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BV775BLC
What's in the box:
- Boss BV775B:
- DVD receiver w/ integrated 6.95" monitor (15A fuse)
- Power harness
- Speaker harness
- Nav/Camera harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 2 Side-brackets
- 8 ISO-screws
- Rear-support stud
- Rubber boot
- User's Manual. Warranty/Registration Card
- Boss ELPC40B:
- Backup camera w/ integrated licence-plate bracket (attached 21" power/video cable)
- 16.5' Power/video extension cable
- 39" Power/ground camera cable
- User's Manual
Boss BV775BLC Package reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boss BV775BLC Package
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear)|
|USB Port Power||1A|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, microSD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||20 watts|
|Peak Output||80 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||3 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
6.95" LCD Touchscreen: Boss BV775B DVD receiver features a fixed 6.95" widescreen touchscreen LCD monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 RGB x 480 with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy.
- Wallpaper/Backgrounds: You switch between 7 preset wallpaper/backgrounds.
- Display Adjustment: You can manually adjust the LCD monitor's brightness and contrast from 0-35.
- Auto Dimmer: You can also setup the unit to have the display dim when you turn your vehicle's lights on (the orange wire of the wiring harness must be connected to your vehicle's headlight circuit).
- Date & Time: You can set the unit to display a 12 or 24 hour clock, as well as program in the year, month, & day.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in LCD screen as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the light green wire (within wiring harness) must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Hard-Key Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the unit's LCD touchscreen controls, the BV775B also features hard-key controls on the left edge of the screen (including a 3-way rotary audio control). You can select from a variety of colors for the button illumination. Choose from Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, Cyan, Fuchsia, White, or Auto. The Auto setting will randomly cycle through all the colors.
IR Remote: The Boss BV775B includes a 28-button IR remote control for complete wireless operation of the DVD receiver.
Optional Steering Wheel Control: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional Metra, PAC, or Maestro steering wheel control adapter (sold separately).
Key Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm operation This function can be turned On or Off.
Bluetooth Technology: The Boss BV775B DVD receiver is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.2, providing hands-free communication and audio streaming for added convenience and safety in the vehicle. Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the BV775B. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Boss BV775B.
- Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Boss BV775B allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. The head unit will display the caller's phone number and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer or end a call through the head unit's touchscreen. The BV775B allows you to carry on the phone conversation using the head unit's integrated microphone and your car audio speakers. Your music will mute automatically during a call. You can make a call using the Boss receiver's LCD touchscreen via its on-screen keypad, your phone's transferred phonebook, or a list of your most recent calls.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Boss BV775B also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or other device using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track from the Boss head unit. Advance music navigation and song/artist information will still need to be handled through the Bluetooth mobile device. The unit will also display song/artist informationfrom Bluetooth audio devices (album art not supported).
Note: This unit does not support the connection of an external microphone.
A-Link App (Screen Mirroring): The A-LINK App (for Android OS 8.0+) allows your to mirror the screen of certain Android smartphones on the screen of the Boss BV775B DVD receiver. You'll need to connect your compatible Android smartphone to receiver's front-panel USB port. In addition to mirroing your compatible Android smartphone, the A-Link app also allows 2-way control so you can control the mirrored content from your Android smartphone or the Boss receiver's touchscreen.
- Scan QR code in manual to download app.
- Your vehicle's Parking brake will need to be engaged to mirror video content.
- Not all Android OS apps are supported by the A-Link app.
- Not compatible with Apple iOS devices.
Disc Compatibility: The Boss BV775B features a single disc player that will playback DVD-video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-audio, and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports a variety of music, video, and photo files via DVD or CD.
- Off Insert/Eject: You can load and eject a disc with the unit off. Playback will automatically start when inserting a disc.
- Auto Reload: When a disc is ejected and left sticking out of the disc slot for 10 seconds, the unit automatically reloads the disc to protect if from damage.
ESP (Electronic Skip Protection): ESP is a feature that buffers the CD while playing, storing 5 seconds of music. If disc reading is interrupted, the player momentarily uses the stored data, while the tracking circuitry finds the passage prior to the interruption on the CD for continuous performance.
microSD-Card Slot: The Boss DVD receiver features a front-panel microSD-card slot for playback of a variety of music, video, and photo files recorded onto a microSD/SDHC memory card (up to 32GB).
USB Port: The BV775B is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital music player (up to 32GB). The unit supports playback of a variety of music, video, and photo files loaded onto a compatible USB msc device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Apple iOS devices, and does not support USB hubs or card-readers.
Media File Compatibility: The Boss BV775B supports the following types of audio, video, photo files recorded onto a disc, loaded onto a USB mass storage class device, or stored on a microSD memory card.
- Audio: MP3, WMA
- Video: MPEG, WMV
- Photo: JPEG
Song/Artist Info: The receiver will display song/artist/album information (no album art) from your compressed digital music files.
Playback & Search Control: The head unit offers Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, Repeat (all/folder/track) and Random (all/folder). It also provides direct track entry using it's touchscreen keypad for quicker access, and a folder/track list so you can you scroll through your music files.
20W x 4Ch Amp: The Boss BV775B DVD receiver is equipped with a 20 watt (RMS) x 4 channel amplifier. The internal amplifier can be turned off, if you are going to use external power amplifiers.
6Ch/3V Pre-outs: The Boss BV775B features front, rear and subwoofer 3.0-volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer pre-outs output are non-fading (there is no built-in low pass filter).
Equalizer: You can choose between 6 EQ presets - User, Classic, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Electric. The User preset allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 8-Band equalizer (60, 150, 400, 1k, 3k, 7k, 15k, 20kHz).
Loudness: The Loudness setting allows you to enhance the receiver's bass & treble at lower volume levels.
Source Level: You can independently adjust the source level (-7 to +7) of the Disc, Radio, USB, microSD, Bluetooth, AV In, and Aux for smoother volume level transition between sources.
Startup Volume: You can set the startup volume (0 to 40) of the head unit, so the unit turns on at the same volume level everytime.
AM/FM Tuner: The Boss BV775B features a built-in AM/FM tuner. The BV775B features 3 FM banks and 2 AM bank for storing presets (automatically or manually). You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (total of 30). Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
AV Inputs: The Boss BV775B is outfitted with a front-panel Aux input (3.5mm) and a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA AV input for connecting an external audio/video device.
Video Output: A composite video output jack allows you to add an external monitor, such as a rear headrest monitor or overhead monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a DVD, USB, microSD, or AV-input video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Included Backup Camera: The Boss BV775B is equipped with a composite video camera input for connecting the included ELPC40B backup camera with license plate bracket. The included backup camera features an integrated bracket which attaches directly to the front of your vehicle's existing license plate frame. When the included camera is connected to the BV775B, the backup image is displayed on the integrated 6.95" LCD screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (the purple/white wire of head unit's harness must be connected to vehicle's reverse gear circuit). Automatic video switching can be set to 1, 2, or 3 seconds. The camera will also display distance guidelines on the head unit's 6.95" touchscreen monitor to assist you when backing up.
- Effective pixels = 628 x 586 (368,008 total)
- Wide viewing angle = 170° (horizontal)
- Minimum illumination = 0.5 lux (4 LEDs surround camera lens)
- In some larger vehicles (such as SUVs and Vans), installation of the backup camera may require a longer composite video cable, RCA coupler, and power/ground wires - all sold separately.
- The included camera is meant as a visual aid only; never solely rely on the camera. In addition to using the camera, always physically look to make sure everything is clear around your vehicle.
Front Camera Input: The Boss BV775B is also equipped with a composite video front camera input for adding a front camera (sold separately) to your vehicle. From the receiver's touchscreeen, you can manual switch over to the front camera image.
3 questions already asked