About the Boss BVCP9675
Superior iPhone® integration
Superior iPhone® integration
If you're an iPhone fan, you'll love Boss's BVCP9675 digital media receiver. It includes Apple CarPlay®, which provides a simple interface that's just like your phone. You can quickly zip through your phone's music, maps, and contacts using the receiver's big touchscreen. When you don't want to be tethered to the stereo, built-in Bluetooth® lets you wirelessly stream music from various apps on your smartphone, as well as take hands-free calls. Boss also included high-res music capability, so you can bring a USB drive loaded with FLAC and WAV files on the road with you.
CarPlay integrates your iPhone into the driving experience in a seamless interface, putting iPhone content at the driver's fingertips with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, audiobooks, phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Go wireless with Bluetooth®
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for stored music, Internet radio stations, podcasts, and audiobooks. This receiver also lets you take and make calls while keeping your hands on the wheel — an awesome safety feature when you're making your daily commute. Boss built in a sensitive Bluetooth microphone for your calls, located on the receiver's faceplate for a simpler installation.
Display and sound goodies
You can use the sensitive 6.75" touchscreen display for system control, media info, and as a monitor for a connected backup camera (not included) — great for backing into those tight parking spots. Boss included two rear USB ports on the BVCP9675; one for your iPhone to work with Apple CarPlay and one for plugging in your digital music library. This Boss offers a 3-band equalizer with four presets for quick tone changes. To get more impact out of your system, six preamp outputs let you connect amplifiers to power your speakers and subs. You can even shut down the internal amp, turning your receiver into a preamp that sends cleaner signals going to your amps.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
This digital multimedia receiver will not play CDs.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS/80 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.75" capacitive touchscreen with icon-based controls
- variable color illumination
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- works with Apple CarPlay
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays USB memory devices, compatible with high-res 24-bit/96kHz FLAC files
- 3-band equalizer with four presets
- internal amp can be shut off for preamp operation with external amplifiers
- inputs: two rear USB ports (1 for Apple CarPlay), rear auxiliary input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BVCP9675
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (15A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Pre-out harness
- SWC harness
- Camera/Aux input harness
- Microphone w/ integrated bracket (attached 9.5' cable terminated by a stereo 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Side-brackets
- Rubber boot
- Self-tapping screw
- Rear-support stud
- 8 ISO-screws (pan-heads)
- User's Manual
- Warranty Product Registration sheet
- "Thank You" note
- "Like us on Facebook!" note
Boss BVCP9675 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boss BVCP9675
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Rear (RCA)|
|USB Input||Rear (2)|
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB Memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||20 watts|
|Peak Output||80 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N/A|
|Preamp Voltage||2.0 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||10 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,FLAC,WAV,OGG|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Apple CarPlay Certified: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your USB-connected iPhone 5 or newer (running latest iOS version) with Lightning-connector in the car, while you stay focused on the road. Apple CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and integrates them into the Boss BVCP9675. Apple CarPlay offers an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, view maps, listen to music, and access messages from your compatible iPhone through the Boss BVCP9675 in-dash receiver. With Apple CarPlay, you can control these functions from the BVCP9675 receiver's 6.75" touchscreen or activate Siri for minimized distraction.
- Maps: Through Apple CarPlay, the power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars.
- Phone: With Apple CarPlay, you can use the BVCP9675's interactive touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return calls, and check voicemail. To dial a phone number, simply tap the "Phone" icon and Siri will ask you who you want to call. Using the touchscreen you can manually enter a phone number from the on-screen keypad, scroll through contacts, or select from recent and miss calls. In addition, you get access to your voicemails via touchscreen and Siri. When a call comes in, simply tap the "Phone" icon to answer. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included external microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can emphasize or weaken the volume level the microphone. You can also select which car speaker outputs the caller audio; you can select All, Front-Left, Front-Right, or Front-Left/Right.
- Text Messages: Apple CarPlay also lets you enjoy a better and safer way of text messaging with friends and family when you're on the road, through the Boss receiver and Siri. Through your voice commands, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages so that you never have to glance at your phone while behind the wheel. When a new message comes in a banner will come across the screen and Siri will read back the message for you. Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
- Music Library: CarPlay lets you access your music in your iPhone's music library, plus iTunes radio from the Boss BVCP9675. You can browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Song, etc.. just like you would on your iPhone from the BVCP9675's touchscreen. You can also use Siri to find and play back your music. The BVCP9675's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background. Tap the Now Playing icon on the Boss receiver's capacitive touchscreen and see song, artist, album information with Album Art displaying in the background. From the Now Playing screen you also get basic playback function, like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Shuffle.
- Audio Apps & Podcasts: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying podcasts, music, and radio - including Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Vox, Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, Audiobooks.com & Audible. Control them from the head unit's touchscreen or Siri just like you would from your iPhone. Your iPhone's touchscreen remains unlocked during CarPlay connection, so you are able to access additional music apps and listen to them through the Boss receiver; however these apps offer no control or display information from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Other Functions: Within the CarPlay's touchscreen menu is a circular icon which acts like the back button on your iPhone. In addition there is an "Main Menu" icon which exists CarPlay and takes you back to the Boss receiver's Home Menu.
Notes:Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
- Apple CarPlay is compatible with iPhone 5 or newer running the latest iOS version.
- Make sure your plug in your iPhone 5 or newer to the BVCP9675's rear-panel USB port labeled "Apple CarPlay" with an Apple certified Lightning-to-USB cable.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
Smartphone Charging: The Boss BVCP9675A will also charge (5V/1A) your Apple CarPlay compatible iPhone while connected via USB with the vehicle's ignition switch set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Bluetooth 3.0+EDR: The Boss BVCP9675 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 3.0+EDR allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Boss receiver.
Simple Secure Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Boss BVCP9675 without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
Hands-Free Communication (External Mic): The Boss BVCP9675 allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. The receiver will display the caller's phone number and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer or end a call through the head unit's front-panel controls (or set the receiver to automatically answer the call). The BVCP9675 allows you to carry on the phone conversation using the included external microphone and your car audio speakers. Your music will mute automatically during a call. You can make a call using the Boss receiver's LCD touchscreen via its on-screen keypad, your phone's transferred phonebook, or a list of your most recent calls.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Boss BVCP9675 allows wireless play back of stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or other device using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track from the Boss head unit (advanced music browsing will still be done from your Bluetooth source device). The unit will also display song/artist information (not Album art).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
USB MSC Playback: The BVCP9675 is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port attached to the rear-chassis via a hardwired 3' pigtail (labeled "USB 2"). The USB port allows for connection of a USB mass storage class device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital music player (up to 32GB). The unit supports playback of a variety of music, video, and photo files loaded onto a compatible USB msc device. You can search by folder or file, control playback functions (such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), well as view song/artist information - including album art. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the navigation receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
|Media Type||USB MSC|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, OGG, APE|
|Video||AVI, MKV, MOV, WMV, OGM|
|Photo||JPEG, PNG, BMP|
Note: The unit's USB port (labeled "USB 2") is not compatible with Apple iOS or Android devices.
Aux Input: The Boss BVCP9675 is equipped with a stereo RCA Aux input for connecting an external audio device.
Camera Input: The BVCP9675 features a composite video input for connection of a rear view camera (sold separately). This enables better visibility when backing up. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the integrated 6.75" LCD touchscreen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (purple/white wire of harness must be connected to the reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching can be set to 0.1, 0.5, 1, or 2 seconds.
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
20W x 4Ch Amp: The Boss BVCP9675 receiver is equipped with a 20 watt (RMS) x 4 channel amplifier.
6Ch/2V Pre-outs: The Boss BVCP9675 features front, rear and subwoofer 2.0-volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer pre-outs output are non-fading.
Note: The receiver's internal amplifier can be turned off to reduce noise when only using the head unit's pre-outs.
Sub Control w/ Low Pass Crossover: The head unit's subwoofer pre-out utilizes its own low pass crossover which can be set to 80Hz, 120Hz, or 160Hz. You can adjust the subwoofer output's level (0-14) independently from the overall volume.
EQ: The receiver offers 5 EQ presets - User, Rock, Pop, Classic, and Jazz. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 3-band EQ (Low [100Hz], Mid [1kHz], High [10kHz]).
Loudness: The Loudness feature enhances high & low frequencies at lower volume levels.
AM/FM Tuner: The Boss BVCP9675 features a built-in AM/FM tuner. The BVCP9675 features 3 FM banks and 2 AM banks for storing presets (automatically or manually). You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (total of 30).
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible FM stations. FM stations with Radio Data System (RDS) service send inaudible digital information along with the regular radio program signal.
- US/Euro Tuning: The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
Beep Tone: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
6.75" Touchscreen: The Boss BVCP9675 receiver features a fixed 6.75" widescreen touchscreen LCD monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 RGB x 480 with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy.
- Wallpaper/Backgrounds: You can choose from 5 preset wallpaper/backgrounds.
- Backlight Brightness: You can adjust the LCD touchscreen monitor's brightness for day and nighttime viewing.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in LCD screen as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the light green wire (within harness) must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Touch-Sensitive Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to touchscreen control, there are five touch-sensitive buttons along the left edge of the screen. You can select the illumination color of the buttons. Choose from six preset colors (Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, or White); create a custom color, or have the unit cycle through all six preset colors.
8 questions already asked