About the Boss MCBK634B.6
Impressive sound at a really nice price
Impressive sound at a really nice price
Does your boat's stereo system sound weak and waterlogged? It's probably time for a new one. With this combo deal from Boss Marine, you can replace your receiver and speakers for a surprisingly reasonable price. The Boss MCBK634B.6 package includes a marine-rated digital media receiver, a pair of rugged 6-1/2" marine speakers, an antenna, and a remote control. If you're looking for a sturdy audio system that sounds good, this package has everything you need.
A rugged receiver
Boss designed their MR632UABK digital media receiver for life in the outdoors, with a UV-resistant exterior that resists fading and a conformal-coated PC board that resists corrosion. The detachable faceplate features a single-line alphanumeric text display that's easy to read day or night. When you leave your boat at the dock, you can slip the detachable face into a cubby to keep it out of sight.
Plenty of ways to play
Built-in Bluetooth® lets you steam Spotify, Pandora, or your own digital music collection from your iPod®, iPhone®, or Android™ smartphone, but that's not the only way to enjoy your tunes. You can also play music stored on a USB drive or plug your MP3 player into the 3.5mm aux input. All the openings are protected from salt and spray when not in use, of course. And you can control all functions (except for Bluetooth) with the included remote.
The two Boss MR6B marine speakers are a great match for the MR632UABK. These durable 6-1/2" dual-cone speakers provide plenty of low-end punch and excellent clarity. The water-resistant design looks great and stands up to moisture and sunlight.
Expand your system later
If you want to connect an external amp, the MR632UABK sports two pairs of 2-volt preamp outputs.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- package includes Boss Marine MR632UABK receiver, an antenna, and 1 pair of MR6W 6-1/2" marine speakers
Boss Marine MR632UABK receiver
- marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless calling and music streaming
- AM/FM receiver with 30 presets (18 FM & 12 AM)
- U.S. and European tuning
- remote control
- detachable face
- waterproof conformal-coated circuit boards
- 3-band EQ with four preset tone curves
- inputs: front auxiliary in; front USB port; SD card slot
- 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front and rear)
- stainless steel mounting hardware included
- package includes MRANT 10 hideaway antenna
- chassis width: 7.185"
- chassis height: 2.095"
- nose width: 7.455"
- nose height: 2.305"
- warranty: 3 years
Boss Marine MR6B marine speakers (pair)
- 2-way 6-1/2" dual-cone marine speakers with black grilles
- polypropylene cones with treated cloth surrounds
- cone tweeters
- handles up to 90 watts RMS (180 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- frequency response: 80-20,000 Hz
- top-mount depth: 2-1/4"
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MCBK634B.6
What's in the box:
- Boss Audio MR634UAB:
- Marine digital media receiver (15A fuse)
- Faceplate (attached)
- Trim-ring (installed)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 36" Stereo minijack cable
- 41" Marine dipole antenna
- 2 Removal tools
- Rear-mount stud
- Self-tapping screw
- Flat washer
- Lock washer
- Hex nut
- Drawstring pouch
- 4 Rubber inserts (one is pre-installed)
- User's Manual
- Warranty/Registration Card
- "Thank You" Card
- "Like us on Facebook" Card
- Boss Audio MR6B:
- 2 Marine speakers
- Two 10' lengths of speaker wire
- 2 Self-adhesive gaskets
- 8 Self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed-clips
Boss MCBK634B.6 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boss MCBK634B.6
Marine Certified: The Boss MR634UAB marine digital media receiver has been engineered and tested for use in the harsh marine environment. The marine digital media receiver features UV coating and PC board with conformal coating to prevent fading and protect against corrosion.
Detachable Faceplate: The MR634UAB's face-plate is detachable to deter theft (a drawstring pouch is included for the detachable face). A zippered, padded soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for better protection.
Optional Marine Cover: The Boss MRC5 universal water-resistant radio cover (sold separately) better protects the MR634UAB receiver in marine applications. The MRC5's hinged cover folds down to protect receiver and folds up to allow you to access the unit's front-panel controls.
IR Remote: The Boss MR634UAB includes a 21-button IR remote control for wireless operation of the digital media receiver. The remote even allows you to answer/end Bluetooth phone calls, as well as dial a phone number from its numeric keypad (0-9).
USB Port: MR634UAB is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device; such select digital audio players or thumbdrives (up to 32GB). The unit supports playback of MP3 music files loaded onto a compatible USB msc device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB port (1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Apple iOS or Android OS devices. It also does not support USB hubs and card-readers.
Bluetooth Technology: The Boss Marine digital media receiver is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (v2.0), providing hands-free communication and audio streaming for added convenience and safety in the vehicle. Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the MR634UAB (only one device can be paired and connected at a time).
- Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Boss MR634UAB allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. The head unit will display the caller's telephone numer and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker during an incoming call. You can manually answer or end a call through the head unit's front-panel controls. The MR634UAB allows you to carry on the phone conversation using the head unit's integrated microphone and your car audio speakers. Your music will mute automatically during a call. You can enter and dial a phone number using the included remote's numeric keypad (0-9) or using your mobile phone to dial a number (there is no phonebook transfer).
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Boss MR634UAB also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled phone, PDA, or personal music player using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) of from the MR634UAB. Advance music navigation and song/artist information will still need to be handled through the Bluetooth mobile device. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
Aux Input: The marine digital media receiver is fitted with a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input. A 36" stereo minijack cable is included.
AM/FM Tuner: The Boss MR634UAB features a built-in AM/FM tuner and comes with a 41" marine dipole antenna. The MR634UAB features 3 FM banks and 2 AM bank for storing presets (automatically or manually). You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (total of 30). Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. You can also switch between Stereo/Mono modes for better reception. You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
50W/4Ch Amp + RCA Outputs: The Boss MR634UAB digital media receiver employs a 50W (peak) x 4ch amplifier. The Boss MR634UAB is also fitted with front & rear 2-volt RCA outputs to connect an external amplifier.
EQ/Tone/Loudness Control: You can choose between 4 preset modes - Pop, Rock, Classic, Flat, or Off. In addition to the EQ Presets, the MR634UAB offers independent Bass & Treble control. The Loudness function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer at lower volumes.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Marine Dual Cone Speakers: The Boss MR6W speakers are designed and treated for use in the harsh marine environment. The marine dual cone speakers feature a cone woofer and cone tweeter. The speaker has a frequency response of 80Hz-20kHz and can handle up to 180-watts (max). The integrated basket and grille are made of durable UV resistant plastic. The speakers include stainless steel mounting screws and self-adhesive foam gaskets for a watertight fit.
- Mounting Height: 0.875"
- Mounting Depth: 2.25"
- Cutout Diameter: 5.4375"
- Magnet Diameter: 3.695"
- Frame/Grille Diameter: 7.5625"
- Number of Mounting Holes: 4 (spaced 4.75" apart)