About the Boss MCBK420B
Take it outside
Take it outside
Do you have a motorcycle or an ATV without a way to hear your favorite tunes, or a boat that needs accompaniment? Do you want to stream music from your phone or other Bluetooth-equipped device? This MCBK420B speaker system from Boss can satisfy your needs. It's weatherproof: the MC420B's components, including the speakers, circuit boards, and amplifier connections, have been specially coated and sealed to protect against damage from water and weather. And it's Bluetooth enabled, so you can connect wirelessly to your favorite device for hours of listening pleasure.
The MCBK420B includes an in-line volume control for the two 3” speakers, which include adjustable brackets to mount the streamlined pods to a handlebar or rail. You can plug your media player into the system's minijack input or connect via Bluetooth2.1 — either way, the system's 600 watts of peak power will give you plenty of volume. And the system's Bluetooth reception range extends up to 33 feet, so you can keep the music playing even when you're not right next to the system. Wherever you go, the MCBK420B can handle the conditions and pump out the tunes.
- system includes 2-channel amplifier and two 3" speakers
- marine-grade construction for weather resistance
- Bluetooth enabled with auto pairing and reconnect
- peak power output: 600 watts
- frequency response: 80-15,000 Hz
- multi-function wired remote control
- includes adjustable mounting brackets
- dimensions: 3-1/4"L x 3-1/8"W x 1-5/8"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MCBK420B
What's in the box:
- 2 Speakers (each with 37" wire and mounting bracket attached)
- 2-channel amp (with wiring attached)
- Wired volume control (attached to amp with 76" cable)
- Two 0.25" spacers
- Two 0.195" spacers
- Two 0.155" spacers
- Two 0.122" spacers
- Two 0.078" spacers
- Two 0.040" spacers
- Two M10x45mm bolts (installed)
- Two M10 Split lock washers (installed)
- Two M10 Flat washers (installed)
- Two M10x30mm bolts
- Two 5-amp ATO fuses (one installed/one spare)
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- 4 Small split lock washers
- 4 Small flat washers
- User manual
- Warranty information
- Boss Facebook note
Boss MCBK420B reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boss MCBK420B
Amplifier Inputs: The amp has four inputs; RCA jacks on the amp, a female 3.5mm mini-jack on the amp, a male 3.5mm mini-plug attached to the amp with a 6' cord, and wireless Bluetooth. All four are inputs are live simultaneously, so if more than one is connected, selection must be made by turning all but one source off.
Note: If more than one source connected to the line inputs (RCA and 3.5mm) is turned on, it's likely you'll hear static through the speakers in addition to music, even if the source is muted or paused.
Speaker Mounting: The speakers are designed to mount to a round tube using the adjustable stainless steel clamps. Six different spacer sizes are included for use with tubes from 5/8" to 1-1/2" (approximately). Once the speakers are in place, but before the brackets are tightened, you can adjust the mounting angle. After mounting, the speakers can still swivel almost 360°.
Wiring: All the wiring is fixed length and already attached to the speakers and amplifier. Each speaker has a 37" input wire attached and the wires from both speakers are attached to a single Molex plug. The power and ground wires extend 74" from that same Molex plug and power wire has a 5 amp in-line fuse. The 22" speaker output wires are attached to the amplifier and terminated with the mate to the speakers' Molex plug.
Volume: The rotary volume control has a 76" cable attached that plugs into the amp and mounts in a round hole in a panel, 0.27" diameter.
- Width: 4-1/8"
- Height: 4-1/4"
- Mounting Height: 5-1/2" (above center of the bar to which the speaker is mounted)
- Depth: 4-3/4"
- Width: 2-5/8" (3-1/8" including mounting flange)
- Height: 1-5/8"
- Length: 3-5/8" (4-5/8" including wiring)
- Voltage: 10-16 volts DC
- Power Rating: 120 watts (RMS) / 600 watts (Peak)
- THD: <0.1%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >85 dB
- Channel Separation: >50 dB
- Frequency Response: 80 Hz - 15 kHz
- Sensitivity: 150 mV - 1 V
Extended Warranty: Units purchased from Crutchfield after 3/1/2015 carry an extended warranty relative to purchases from Boss' standard dealer network. The new warranty is 3 years parts and labor.
9 questions already asked