About the JVC Arsenal KS-AR7501D
JVC understands the importance of clean, strong amplification in producing high-quality sound. That's why Arsenal amps use JVC's own power supply design to ensure steady output, even when the input power's unstable, so you'll be surrounded with all the sonic detail and impact of your favorite music.
Stable down to 1 ohm
The KS-AR7501D mono subwoofer amp sends 400 watts RMS to a 4-ohm sub, and up to 700 watts to a 2-ohm sub or sub system. But the KS-AR7501D also handles a 1-ohm load without breaking a sweat, which means it can crank a whopping 1,000 watts RMS into a pair of 2-ohm subwoofers, for example. And onboard low-pass and subsonic filters, along with a bass boost, give you the control to focus your bass just the way you like it.
Easy access to controls
You control the variable filters and gains with large, easy-to-use knobs, so there's no need for extra tools to make adjustments. For multi-amp installations, you can stack up to three 7000 Series Arsenal amps in a cool tier arrangement that lets you access all the controls and show off the blue LED illumination. The gold-plated connections are angled for neat wire management and hidden for increased protection.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (700 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 1-ohm stable: 1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
- frequency response: 20-300 Hz
- variable low-pass filter (50-300 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- subsonic filter (20-50 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)
- optional wired remote bass boost
- phase switch
- Class-D amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 3
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 15-3/4"W x 2-3/8"H x 11-3/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KSAR7501D
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier with three 30-amp fuses installed
- Two 2-amp stacking brackets
- One 3-amp stacking bracket
- 6 Machine screws (4mm x 12mm) each with split lock washer and flat washer
- 4 Self-tapping screws (4mm x 20mm)
- 6 Self-adhesive foam rubber spacers
- 9" Speaker-level input harness (with 4-pin Molex plug on one end)
- 4mm Hex wrench
- 3mm Hex wrench
- Instructions (Eng/Fren)
- Instructions (Spanish)
- Product Registration Card/Questionnaire
- Warranty sheet (US)
- Warranty sheet (Canada)
JVC Arsenal KS-AR7501D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC Arsenal KS-AR7501D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
400 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||1200 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||700 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||20-300 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||60 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-300 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||30 x 3|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
JVC Arsenal: The KS-AR7501D mono power amplifier is part of the JVC Arsenal product line. Products from the Arsenal line feature high-grade components, smooth cosmetics, stackable design, and easy-to-use controls, all backed by a full 2-year warranty. Internally, the Arsenal amplifiers are equipped with Pulse-Width Modulation Regulated MOS-FET power supplies, which deliver more consistent power even if the input power is unstable.
Stackable Mounting: Each Arsenal amp has the same frame size, allowing you to stack up to three amplifiers, while still maintaining access to the controls of each amp. Stack-mounting uses less space, and creates a unique look to every custom installation. You can stack amplifiers vertically or cascading. Stacking brackets are included with the amplifier. In addition to vertical and cascade stacking, you can also mount the amps horizontally on top of a flat surface, suspended from a shelf, or vertically. The Arsenal logo badge can be reversed to best suit your installation.
4-Way Protection: The amplifier features a protection circuit that will shut down the unit if any of the following four conditions occur:
- Thermal: the operating temperature of the amp gets too high
- Short Circuit: there is a short circuit on one of the speaker wires
- Overload: the impedance of the connected load is too low
- DC Offset: direct current is detected on the speaker wires
Front-Mounted Controls: The KS-AR7501D has controls conveniently mounted on the front of the amplifier. The controls are covered by a removable tinted plastic cover. The controls include:
- Input Level: You can adjust the level of the input signal using this rotary control.
- Low-Pass Filter: The amp has a 50 Hz to 300 Hz Low-Pass Filter with a slope of 18dB per octave. The cutoff frequency can be set using this rotary control.
- Phase: You can set the phase of the subwoofer to Normal or Reverse, whichever sounds better, using the two-way switch.
- Bass Boost: The amplifier has a bass boost centered at 45 Hz. The amount of boost can be set between 0 and +18 dB using this rotary control. (An optional remote bass boost control is available--item #105RMRK130.)
- Subsonic Filter: The amp has a built-in subsonic filter that rejects frequencies lower than the cutoff frequency. The filter can be set within a range of 20 Hz to 50 Hz using this rotary control. The subsonic filter has a slope of 18dB per octave.
Rear-Mounted Terminals: The KS-AR7501D has all of the cable connections on the rear of the amplifier. The terminals are recessed for a clean installation. The terminals include:
- Pre Out: A pair of RCA jacks for outputting the input signal to a second amplifier.
- Input Signal: A pair of RCA jacks for the input signal from the head unit.
- High Input: A 4-pin Molex jack for plugging in the supplied speaker-level input harness.
- Remote: An RJ-45 modular jack for plugging in the optional RM-RK130 wired remote control unit.
- Speaker Output: Two sets of set-screw speaker terminals, labeled A and B, are provided for connecting more than one subwoofer. The terminals, which can accept up to 8-gauge wire, are wired internally in parallel. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm Hex wrench.
- Fuses: Three 30-amp ATC-type fuses are installed in the amp.
- Power: Three terminals are provided for connecting the power, ground, and the remote turn-on lead. Due to the 90-amp total fuse rating of the amplifier, a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit
is recommended. The individual terminals are:
- Battery: The +B battery terminal will accept up to 4-gauge wire. The set screw can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 4mm Hex wrench.
- Remote: The remote terminal will accept up to 8-gauge wire. The set screw can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm Hex wrench.
- Ground: The ground terminal will accept up to 4-gauge wire. The set screw can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 4mm Hex wrench.