About the JVC KS-DR1004D
Power your music on land or sea
Power your music on land or sea
JVC's compact drvn Series KS-DR1004D amplifier will add new clarity and impact to the basic sound system in almost any kind of vehicle on land or water, and it'll fit in a lot of places where space is tight. This marine-rated 4-channel amp will power your audio system with 45 watts RMS per channel — about twice the power of most factory radios or aftermarket marine receivers. The amp features conformal-coated circuit boards that keep damaging moisture and dirt away from delicate circuits.
You can use this amp in bridged 2-channel mode to run a pair of high-performance speakers with up to 90 watts RMS each. The KS-DR1004D comes with the controls you need to get music sounding right. You'll find separate low- and high-pass filters for the front and rear channels at your disposal, allowing you to tailor the amp for driving full-range, midrange, or low-frequency speakers.
KS-DR1004D inputs and controls
- compact 4-channel amplifier for marine and powersports vehicles
- 45 watts RMS x 4 at 2 to 4 ohms
- 90 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- conformal-coated circuit board — suitable for marine applications
- separate preamp and power sections reduce radiated noise
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input
- signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 12-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 15A x 1
- dimensions: 9-13/16"W (with connector) x 1-3/4"H x 3-7/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KS-DR1004D
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier (installed 15A mini-ATC fuse)
- 5' Power/output harness (22-pin Molex)
- Two 40" RCA cables
- Two 15" wire ties
- Two 4" wire ties
- Four 5/8" screws
- Instruction manual (Eng/Span/Fren)
- Warranty information
- 4 Control covers (clear decals)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KS-DR1004D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||45 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||82 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||45 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||90 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50Hz-200Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50Hz-200Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The KS-DR1004D compact 4-channel power amplifier is designed to drive two pairs of speakers, one pair of speakers plus a small subwoofer, or two small subwoofers. The KS-DR1004D amplifier's compact form is ideal for installation in marine craft, UTV & ATVs, motorcycles, and compact cars. Conformal-coating on all circuit boards help protect against salt-spray and dirt in harsh environments, while separate pre-amp and power-amp circuit boards help reduce radiated noise. The KS-DR1004D also features a large low-pass filter coil that can provide high-quality sound with no distortion, even at high volume.
Power Output: The amp has the following power output (1% THD, 14.4V):
- 45 watts x 4 @ 4Ω (20Hz-20kHz)
- 45 watts x 4 @ 2Ω (1,000Hz)
- 90 watts x 2 @ 4Ω bridged (1,000Hz)
4-Way Protection: The amplifier features protection circuitry that will shut down the unit if any of the following four conditions occur:
- Thermal: the operating temperature of the amp gets too high
- Short Circuit: there is a short circuit on one of the speaker wires
- Overload: the impedance of the connected load is too low
- DC Offset: direct current is detected on the speaker wires
Controls: The KS-DR1004D has controls mounted on one end of the amplifier. Separate controls are provided for the front channels (1+2) and the rear channels (3+4), and include:
- Input Sensitivity: Using these rotary controls, you can set the input sensitivity to match the line-output level of the connected head unit. The input sensitivity range is 0.2V to 5.0V.
- Crossovers: The amp has a separate crossovers for the front and rear channels. There are 3-way switches that yet you independently set the crossovers to LP (low-pass), HP (high-pass), or Off (full-range). Both crossovers include a rotary dial that lets you select the cutoff frequency with a range from 50Hz to 200Hz. The crossover slopes are 12 dB/octave.
Power & Output Harness: The KS-DR1004D includes a 22-pin wire harness on one end that provides the power, ground, and remote turn-on inputs, as well as the 4 speaker outputs. The opposite end of the amp includes the RCA signal inputs.
- Input Signal: Two pairs of RCA jacks are provided for the front and rear line level input signals from the head unit.
- Speaker Outputs: Four sets of 18-gauge speaker wire provide the signal outputs.
- Fuse: One 15A ATC-type fuse is installed in the amp.
- Power: Two 16-gauge wires are provided for connecting
the power and ground, while the remote turn-on lead is an 18-gauge wire.
Note: A 12-gauge or larger amp wiring kit is recommended and must be purchased separately.