About the JVC KS-DR2001D
Rugged power for your sub on land or sea
Rugged power for your sub on land or sea
JVC's compact drvn Series KS-DR2001D subwoofer amplifier will add new clarity and impact to the bass in almost any kind of vehicle on land or water, and it'll fit in a lot of places where space is tight. This marine-rated mono amp will power your subwoofer system with up to 300 watts RMS — plenty enough to rock the airwaves while you rumble through water or mud. The amp features a tough all-weather chassis that's certifiably waterproof, dustproof, salt-spray rustproof, and resistant to damage caused by excessive vibrations. This amp will survive almost anything, even a power washing.
The KS-DR2001D comes with the controls you need to get the bass sounding right — including low-pass and subsonic filters plus a variable bass boost. A wired remote control knob is included so you can control the sub level from your driver's seat.
- compact mono marine subwoofer amplifier
- 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- CTA-2006 compliant — Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40, 60, or 80 Hz)
- subsonic filter (20 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- wired remote level control included
- suitable for marine and powersports applications
- IP67/IP66 certified waterproof and dustproof
- ASTM B117 certified rustproof
- 3-axis multi-frequency vibration proof
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- speaker-level input handles up to 5V (about 6 watts)
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 40A x 1
- dimensions: 9"W x 2"H x 4-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KS-DR2001D
What's in the box:
- Mono moto/marine amplifier with installed 13.5" wire harness (inline 40A ATC fuse)
- Remote level control with attached 19.5' harness (terminated in a proprietary 4-pin connector)
- Hex nut
- Four 3/8" screws
- 4" Wire tie
- Instruction manual
- Warranty information
JVC KS-DR2001D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the JVC KS-DR2001D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||200 x 1|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||---|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||97 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40, 60, 80 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The KS-DR2001D Class-D mono power amplifier is designed to drive one or two subwoofers in your vehicle. The DR-series amplifiers feature toroidal transformers to provide a stable power supply, thicker internal power terminals for maximum current flow, and speaker-level inputs for ease of installation.
Power Output: The amp has the following power output (20-200Hz, 1% THD, 14.4V):
- 200 watts x 1 at 4 ohms
- 300 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
Waterproof & Dustproof: The JVC KS-DR2001D carries an IPX6 rating for protection from powerful water jets, an IPX7 rating for immersion in water up to 3.3' (1m), and an IP6X rating for protection from dust and dirt ingress. The amplifier is ASTM B117 rated against salt spray and salt fog corrosion, featuring a sealed aluminum chassis and stainless steel screws.
4-Way Protection: The amplifier features protection circuitry that will shut down the unit if any of the following four conditions occur:
- Thermal: the operating temperature of the amp gets too high
- Short Circuit: there is a short circuit on one of the speaker wires
- Overload: the impedance of the connected load is too low
- DC Offset: direct current is detected on the speaker wires
Controls: The KS-DR2001D has controls mounted on one side of the amplifier with a removable protective cover to prevent water and dirt ingress. The controls include:
- Input Sensitivity: Using this rotary control, you can set the input sensitivity to match the line-output level of the connected head unit. The input sensitivity range is 0.2V (200mV) to 5.0V.
- Low-Pass Filter: The amp has a 50 Hz to 200 Hz Low-Pass Filter with a slope of 24 dB per octave. The cutoff frequency can be set using this rotary control.
- Bass Boost: The amplifier has a bass boost dial which can be set between 0 and +18 dB. A 3-position slide-switch lets you choose the bass boost frequency with options for 40, 60, and 80 Hz.
Remote Level Control: The KS-DR2001D includes a remote level control with attached 19.5' cable that lets you adjust the amplifier volume from the front of the vehicle. The level control can be mounted to a dash or console panel up to 1/8" (3.2mm) thick and requires a 5/16" (8mm) diameter hole for mounting.
- Remote Dimensions: Width: 0.68", Height: 0.84", Depth: 2.65" (including knob)
- Mounting Depth: 1.73"
- Cable Length: 19.5'
Subsonic Filter: The amp has a built-in subsonic filter that rejects frequencies below the cutoff frequency. The filter is fixed at 20 Hz.
Wire Harness: The KS-DR2001D features a built-in 13.5" harness that includes all of the amp wiring. Individual wires include:
- Input Signal: A pair of RCA jacks are provided for either low-level or speaker-level inputs. If connecting speaker-level inputs from a factory headunit, a speaker wire-to-RCA adapter (see Accessory tab) will be required and is sold separately.
- Speaker Output: The amplifier provides two pair of 18-gauge speaker outputs, internally wired in parallel, making it easy to conect two subwoofers (minimum impedance of 4Ω per speaker).
- Battery: 10-Gauge wire with inline 40-amp ATC fuse.
- Remote: 18-Gauge wire.
- Ground: 10-Gauge wire.
- An 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended and is sold separately.
- If you are using the Speaker Level Input, it is not necessary to connect the Remote terminal. The amplifier power is turned On and Off as the unit detects an input signal (Auto Turn-On).
nice compact size amp Crutchfield got my order to me right away
David from Kendall, WI