About the JVC KS-DR2004D
Rugged power for your music on land or sea
Rugged power for your music on land or sea
JVC's compact drvn Series KS-DR2004D amplifier will add new clarity and impact to the basic sound system in almost any kind of vehicle on land or water, and it'll fit in a lot of places where space is tight. This marine-rated 4-channel amp will power your audio system with 50 watts RMS per channel — over twice the power of most factory radios or aftermarket marine receivers. The amp features a tough all-weather chassis that's certifiably waterproof, dustproof, salt-spray rustproof, and resistant to damage caused by excessive vibrations. This amp will survive almost anything, even a power washing.
You can use this amp in bridged 2-channel mode to run a pair of high-performance speakers with up to 150 watts RMS each. The KS-DR2004D comes with the controls you need to get music sounding right. You'll find separate low- and high-pass filters for the front and rear channels at your disposal, allowing you to tailor the amp for driving full-range, component midrange, or low-frequency speakers.
KS-DR2004D control panel
- compact 4-channel amplifier for marine and powersports vehicles
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- suitable for marine and powersports applications
- IP67/IP66 certified waterproof and dustproof
- ASTM B117 certified rustproof
- 3-axis multi-frequency vibration proof
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 40A x 1
- dimensions: 9-1/4"W (including wire) x 2"H x 4-3/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KS-DR2004D
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel Marine/MotorSports amplifier
- Input/Output harness (installed)
- 40-amp ATC fuse (installed in-line)
- Four 5/8" screws
- Two 4" wire ties
- Instruction manual
- Warranty information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KS-DR2004D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||50 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||77 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Marine Amplifier: The JVC KS-DR2004D is a Class-D 4-channel amplifier, effectively two full range 2-channel amps built into one chassis. Each pair of channels, labeled channels 1-2 (front) and 3-4 (rear), is independently bridgeable, so the amp can be wired as 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel. Designed for marine and motor sport environments, the amp carries IPX7/6, IP6X, and ASTM B117 ratings.
CTA-2006 Compliant: CTA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard uses a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring amplifier power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CTA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 50 watts RMS x 4 (@4Ω, 14.4V, 20Hz-20kHz, ≤ 1.0% THD+N)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 77dBA
- Power Output:
- Into 2Ω: 75 watts RMS x 4 (14.4V, 1 kHz, ≤1.0% THD)
- Bridged: 150 watts RMS x 2 (14.4V, 1 kHz, ≤1.0% THD)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 89dB (at rated power output)
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 35kHz (+0/-3 dB)
Amplifier Topology: The Class-D amplifier design offers these benefits:
- Increased Power Flow: Heavy-duty internal power and ground terminals help increase current flow from the battery connection to the internal circuitry, enhancing sound quality and bass reproduction.
- High-Quality Capacitors: Polymer Multi-Layer Capacitors were chosen for clear detailed sound with less distortion.
- Magnetic Shielding: The output coils include magnetic shields to reduce radiated noise and increase sound quality.
Speaker Level Input: Two sets of RCA input jacks can be used for preamp level or speaker level input signals. While the manual mentions cutting the RCA jacks off when using speaker level inputs, the wire is shielded, so using speaker wire to RCA adapters (sold separately) is recommended; they are both easier to use with speaker wire and easier to upgrade to a preamp level source later. When using a speaker level input signal, it may not be necessary to connect a remote turn-on lead because of the amplifier's signal sensing function.
Protection Circuits: The amp uses a microprocessor to provide protection against over-heating, shorted speaker wires, low impedance on an output channel, and sending a DC signal to the speaker outputs.
Controls: The amplifier's control panel includes a screw-down cover for protection from the elements.
- Input Sensitivity: independent rotary controls for front and rear channels; continuously variable from 0.2 volts (200mV) to 5 volts
- Input Mode: 2-position switch; 2-channel or 4-channel based on the number of RCA input channels used; 2-channel feeds all four outputs from the front RCAs
- Crossover Switch: independent 3-position switches for front and rear channels; LPF (low pass), Off (full range), or HPF (high pass)
- Crossover Frequency: independent rotary dials for front and rear channels; continuously variable from 50-200 Hz
- Output Mode: 2-position switch; choose 2-channel when bridging both sides of the amp (to power two speakers); choose 3/4-channel when not bridging (to power four speakers), or only bridging one side of the amp (to power three speakers)
Connections: All of the amp's input and output connections are provided on a single 12" non-removable harness:
- RCA Inputs: two pair of stereo RCA inputs; used for both speaker level and preamp level signals
- Speaker Outputs: four pair of 16-gauge wires
- Power & Ground: two 10-gauge wires; a 10-gauge gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended (sold separately)
- Remote Turn-on: 16-gauge wire; used to activate the amp when using preamp level inputs
- Fuses: one 40-amp ATC fuse in-line on the power input wire