About the JVC KS-DR3001D
Clean power, great bass
Clean power, great bass
JVC's drvn DR Series KS-DR3001D subwoofer amplifier can drive a sub with up to 400 watts RMS, giving your bass power and clarity. This amp comes with all the controls you need to get the low-end punch sounding right in your vehicle. A low-pass filter with a sharp 18 dB per octave slope allows you to get your sub to blend perfectly with the rest of your speaker system. You can use the variable bass boost to add up to 18 dB of punch at 45 Hz, while a fixed subsonic filter eliminates super-low bass so your amp and sub play together more efficiently.
Plays well with others
Just adding bass to a factory system? The KS-DR3001D comes equipped with speaker-level inputs with signal-sensing turn-on. That means you can connect the amp to your vehicle's factory wiring without needing to install a line output converter or run a remote turn-on wire to the receiver or fuse box.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 250 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 1
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- 8-15/16"W x 2-1/16"H x 7-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KS-DR3001D
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier with 40A ATO fuse installed
- 9" Speaker input harness (4-pin Molex plug)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length 13/16")
- Instruction Manual
- Limited Warranty (US)
- European Guarantee
- Warranty Card (Australia/New Zealand)
- Change sheet
More details on the JVC KS-DR3001D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
250 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||800 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||400 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||60 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The KS-DR3001D Class-D mono power amplifier is designed to drive one or two subwoofers in your vehicle. The DR-series amplifiers feature toroidal transformers to provide a stable power supply, a copper plate for the ground, and speaker-level inputs for ease of installation.
Power Output: The amp has the following power output (20-200Hz, 1% THD, 14.4V):
- 250 watts x 1 at 4 ohms
- 400 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
4-Way Protection: The amplifier features protection circuitry that will shut down the unit if any of the following four conditions occur:
- Thermal: the operating temperature of the amp gets too high
- Short Circuit: there is a short circuit on one of the speaker wires
- Overload: the impedance of the connected load is too low
- DC Offset: direct current is detected on the speaker wires
Controls: The KS-DR3001D has controls mounted on one end of the amplifier. The controls include:
- Input Sensitivity: Using this rotary control, you can set the input sensitivity to match the line-output level of the connected head unit. The input sensitivity range is 0.2V to 5.0V.
- Low-Pass Filter: The amp has a 50 Hz to 200 Hz Low-Pass Filter with a slope of 18dB per octave. The cutoff frequency can be set using this rotary control.
- Bass Boost: The amplifier has a bass boost centered at 45 Hz. The amount of boost can be set between 0 and +18 dB using this rotary control.
Subsonic Filter: The amp has a built-in subsonic filter that rejects frequencies below the cutoff frequency. The filter is fixed at 20 Hz.
Terminals: The KS-DR3001D has power and speaker terminals on the end of the amplifier, opposite the controls. The screw terminals can be tightened/loosened with a slot head or Phillips head screwdriver (not supplied). Spade connectors are recommended. The input terminals are on the same side as the controls. The terminals include:
- Input Signal: A pair of RCA jacks for the line level input signal from the head unit. Also, a 4-pin connection for the speaker level input harness is provided.
- Speaker Output: One set of screw speaker terminals is provided for connecting one or two subwoofers (minimum impedance 2 ohms). The terminals will accept up to 12-gauge wire.
- Fuse: One 40-amp ATC-type fuse is installed in the amp.
- Power: Three screw terminals are provided for
connecting the power, ground, and the remote turn-on lead. An 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit
is recommended by the manufacturer. The individual terminals include:
- Battery: The +B battery terminal will accept up to 4-gauge wire.
- Remote: The Remote terminal will accept up to 8-gauge wire, however, 18-gauge wire should be sufficient.
- Ground: The Ground terminal will accept up to 4-gauge wire.
Note: If you are using the Speaker Level Input, it is not necessary to connect the Remote terminal. The amplifier power is turned on and off as the unit detects an input signal (Auto Turn-On).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?