About the JVC KS-DR3004
Clean power, great sound
Clean power, great sound
Ready to experience the jump in sound quality that only an amp can give you? JVC's drvn DR Series KS-DR3004 car amplifier can drive each of your front and rear speakers with 60 watts RMS, giving your music power and clarity. Just starting a system? You can use this rugged and reliable amp to run your front speakers with its front channels, then bridge the rear channels together to power a subwoofer with up to 180 watts RMS. Later on, you can power your rear speakers with the KS-DR3004 when you get a sub amp.
The KS-DR3004 comes with the controls you need to get music sounding right in your car. You'll find separate low- and high-pass filters for the front and rear channels at your disposal, allowing you to tailor the amp to driving full-range speakers or subs. And speaker-level inputs allow you to hook this amp to almost any car stereo, even a factory system.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 60 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (90 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 180 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class AB amp technology
- switchable high-pass (150 Hz) and low-pass (80 Hz) filters on front and rear channels
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 1
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- 13-1/2"W x 2-1/4"H x 7-3/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KS-DR3004
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier with 40A ATO fuse installed
- Two 9" Speaker input harness (4-pin Molex plug)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length 13/16")
- Instruction Manual
- Limited Warranty (US)
- European Guarantee
- Warranty Card (Australia/New Zealand)
- Change sheet
JVC KS-DR3004 reviews
This is one fine amp. Doesnt have all the bells and whistles that the typical stereo doesnt need. It does provide nice clean power through out, and is a perfect match (thanking the guys at crutchfield) for my JL and kicker speakers. The foot print is fairly small, and is just under 12 inches in length, so it should fit many applications. Dinged it one star because the speaker level inputs are wimpy 20 gauge wire Whats the point of laying nice 16 or 14 gauge speaker wire only to have it step it way down? Print is way small on the instructions for the jst plug connections. This wont be a problem if you use line level inputs. Gain is set to minimum, theres a few 'tube videos on how to set it. 60watts at 4 ohm speakers should yield you 15.49 volts AC. Be sure to look into this set up, because it will make a difference..substantial difference in the way the amp performs
Pros: small, good power for the size.
Cons: jst connector wiring way too small for speaker level inputs
0 of 0 found this helpful
The form factor was perfect. The amp fit perfectly underneath my drivers seat. After I hooked it up and tested the amp, it drove my for kicker door speakers perfectly. I would definitely buy again.
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the JVC KS-DR3004
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
60 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||90 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||180 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||5-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||150 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The KS-DR3004 Class-AB 4-channel power amplifier is designed to drive two pairs of speakers, one pair of speakers plus a subwoofer, or two subwoofers in your vehicle. The DR-series amplifiers feature toroidal transformers to provide a stable power supply, and speaker-level inputs for ease of installation.
Power Output: The amp has the following power output (20-20kHz, 1% THD, 14.4V):
- 60 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- 90 watts x 4 at 2 ohms
- 180 watts x 2 at 4 ohms bridged (1,000Hz)
4-Way Protection: The amplifier features protection circuitry that will shut down the unit if any of the following four conditions occur:
- Thermal: the operating temperature of the amp gets too high
- Short Circuit: there is a short circuit on one of the speaker wires
- Overload: the impedance of the connected load is too low
- DC Offset: direct current is detected on the speaker wires
Controls: The KS-DR3004 has controls mounted on one end of the amplifier. Separate controls are provided for the front channels (1+2) and the rear channels (3+4). The controls include:
- Input Sensitivity: Using these rotary controls, you can set the input sensitivity to match the line-output level of the connected head unit. The input sensitivity range is 0.2V to 5.0V.
- Crossovers: The amp has a separate crossovers for the front and rear channels. There are 3-way switches that yet you independently set the crossovers to LP (low-pass) fixed at 80 Hz, HP (high-pass) fixed at 120 Hz, or Off (full-range). The crossover slopes are 12 dB/octave.
Terminals: The KS-DR3004 has power and speaker terminals on the end of the amplifier, opposite the controls. The screw terminals can be tightened/loosened with a slot head or Phillips head screwdriver (not supplied). Spade connectors are recommended. The input terminals are on the same side as the controls. The terminals include:
- Input Signal: Two pairs of RCA jacks are provided for the front and rear line level input signals from the head unit. Also, there are two 4-pin connections for the supplied speaker level input harnesses.
- Speaker Output: Four sets of screw speaker terminals are provided for connecting four speakers, two speakers plus one subwoofer, or two subwoofers (minimum impedance 4 ohms). The terminals will accept up to 12-gauge wire.
- Fuse: One 40-amp ATC-type fuse is installed in the amp.
- Power: Three screw terminals are provided for
connecting the power, ground, and the remote turn-on lead. An 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit
is recommended by the manufacturer. The individual terminals include:
- Battery: The +B battery terminal will accept up to 4-gauge wire.
- Remote: The Remote terminal will accept up to 8-gauge wire, however, 18-gauge wire should be sufficient.
- Ground: The Ground terminal will accept up to 4-gauge wire.
Note: If you are using the Speaker Level Input, it is not necessary to connect the Remote terminal. The amplifier power is turned on and off as the unit detects an input signal (Auto Turn-On).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?