About the JVC KS-DR3005D
Clean power, great sound
Clean power, great sound
Why install multiple amplifiers when one will do the job? JVC's drvn DR Series KS-DR3005D car amplifier can power your whole system, driving each of your front and rear speakers with 50 watts RMS, along with a subwoofer with up to 300 watts RMS. You can also use this rugged and reliable amp in 3-channel mode to run a pair of high-performance components with 130 watts RMS each as well as sending 300 watts to the sub.
The KS-DR3005D comes with the controls you need to get music sounding right in your car. You'll find separate front and rear high-pass filters at your disposal, allowing you to tailor the amp's sound for different front and rear speakers. On the subwoofer channel, a low-pass filter with a sharp 18 dB per octave slope allows you to get your sub to blend perfectly with the rest of your speakers. A variable bass boost lets you add up to 18 dB of punch at 45 Hz, while a fixed subsonic filter eliminates super-low bass so your amp and sub play more efficiently together.
Plays well with others
The KS-DR3005D comes equipped with speaker-level inputs with signal-sensing turn-on. That means you can connect it to your vehicle's factory wiring without needing to install a line output converter or run a remote turn-on wire to the receiver or fuse box.
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 65 watts RMS x 4 + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 130 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class D amplifier design
- variable high-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on front and rear channels
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 18 dB/octave) on subwoofer channel
- fixed subsonic filter (20 Hz) and variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz) on subwoofer channel
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- 13-7/16"W x 2-1/16"H x 7-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KS-DR3005D
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel amplifier with two 30A ATO fuses installed
- 9" Speaker input harness (8-pin Molex plug)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length 13/16")
- Instruction Manual
- Limited Warranty (US)
- Warranty Card (Australia/New Zealand)
- Change sheet
JVC KS-DR3005D reviews
Nice powerfull amp that works well with my head unit car speakers and factory subwoofer
Pros: Easy to hide size that fits under seat
4 of 4 found this helpful
Leia from Crutchfield recommended this amp for my needs and price range. It seems to be a perfect match for my setup in my Subaru Crosstrek. I'm running aftermarket Rockford Fosgate 6" speakers in my doors and factory tweeters in the dash for now. The front channel is running both front door and both dash speakers. They are wired parallel from the factory. The rear channel is running the back doors. I have a 10" kicker passive radiator box in the back running off the sub channel. I used the speaker level inputs and ran the speaker outputs back into my factory wiring so that I could keep my factory head unit. Sounds amazing with more bass than I'll ever need. Love how everything can be adjusted. Thank you Crutchfield.
Pros: Price, ease of use, power and diversity.
1 of 1 found this helpful
In speaking with some local audio heads I was quite discouraged from purchasing an amplifier from JVC, let alone, a multi-channel amplifier. But I went ahead and took a chance on this amplifier and I was most definitely NOT disappointed. In my vehicle I am using this amplifier to drive 2 fronts, 2 rear decks, and a 10" subwoofer at 2 ohms. It was fairly simple to install (thanks to our friends at Crutchfield tech services). I am using the stock wiring harness by way of an EFX 9-wire and it sounds great. After a bit of tuning and toying, I was able to successfully get my system to sound just the way I wanted it to. I'm not a huge bass head, I really like crisp sound with well-defined beats without that over-bearing *WOMP* that occurs with some music. This amp has provided me with that. I think that the best thing about this amplifier is the price. In the time I spent shopping for a 5 channel amp, I couldn't find one at an even better price range. Suffice it to say, this was a good buy for me.
Pros: Price Point 4ch v 5ch mode Ease of adjustment Decent power
Cons: A little on the large side Terminals need some coverage
4 of 4 found this helpful
Great little amp. It was easy to hook up. I have a little bit of noise coming through, but may just be due to the vehicle. Brought new life to the system.
Pros: Easy to install, compact.
Cons: None so far
4 of 4 found this helpful
this AMP was easy to install, simple adjustments and just great performance, for the money you cant beat this amp.
Pros: clear sound, good bass from the 5th channel for a 10" sub
Cons: none yet
2 of 2 found this helpful
More details on the JVC KS-DR3005D
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4 |
200 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||65 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||130 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||5-30k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||60 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The KS-DR3005D Class-D 5-channel power amplifier is designed to drive two pairs of speakers and one or two subwoofers in your vehicle. The DR-series amplifiers feature toroidal transformers to provide a stable power supply, a copper plate for the ground, and speaker-level inputs for ease of installation.
Power Output: The amp has the following power output (20-20kHz, 1% THD, 14.4V):
- 50 watts x 4 + 200 watts x 1 at 4 ohms
- 65 watts x 4 + 300 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
- 130 watts x 2 at 4 ohms bridged (1,000Hz) + 200 watts x 1 at 4 ohms
4-Way Protection: The amplifier features protection circuitry that will shut down the unit if any of the following four conditions occur:
- Thermal: the operating temperature of the amp gets too high
- Short Circuit: there is a short circuit on one of the speaker wires
- Overload: the impedance of the connected load is too low
- DC Offset: direct current is detected on the speaker wires
Controls: The KS-DR3005D has controls mounted on one end of the amplifier. Separate controls are provided for the front channels (1+2) ,rear channels (3+4), and the sub channel (5). The controls include:
- Input Sensitivity: Using these rotary controls, you can set the input sensitivity to match the line-output level of the connected head unit. The input sensitivity range is 0.2V to 5.0V.
- Input Mode: You can select the input mode for the sub channel. If there is a dedicated input connection for channel 5, the switch should be placed in the 5ch position. If you will be feeding the sub channel with the rear input signal (channels 3-4), the switch goes in the 4ch position.
- Crossovers: The amp has a separate crossovers for the front, rear, and sub channels. There are 2-way switches for the front and rear channels that yet you independently set the crossovers to HP (high-pass) or Off (full-range). If set to HP, you can vary the crossover frequency between 50 and 200 Hz. The crossover slopes are 12 dB/octave. The sub channel has a constant low-pass filter with a variable cutoff frequency that can be set between 50 and 200 Hz. The LPF has an 18 dB/octave slope.
- Bass Boost: The amplifier has a bass boost on the subwoofer channel centered at 45 Hz. The amount of boost can be set between 0 and +18 dB using this rotary control.
Terminals: The KS-DR3005D has power and speaker terminals on the end of the amplifier, opposite the controls. The screw terminals can be tightened/loosened with a slot head or Phillips head screwdriver (not supplied). Spade connectors are recommended. The input terminals are on the same side as the controls. The terminals include:
- Input Signal: Three pairs of RCA jacks are provided for the front, rear, and sub line level input signals from the head unit. Also, there is an 8-pin connection for the supplied speaker level input harness.
- Speaker Output: Five sets of screw speaker terminals are provided for connecting four speakers and a subwoofer, two speakers plus two subwoofers, or three subwoofers (minimum impedance 4 ohms for bridged 1-2 and 3-4 channels; 2 ohms minimum for sub channel). The terminals will accept up to 12-gauge wire.
- Fuse: Two 30-amp ATC-type fuses are installed in the amp.
- Power: Three screw terminals are provided for
connecting the power, ground, and the remote turn-on lead. An 8-gauge amplifier wiring kit
is recommended by the manufacturer. The individual terminals include:
- Battery: The +B battery terminal will accept up to 4-gauge wire.
- Remote: The Remote terminal will accept up to 8-gauge wire, however, 18-gauge wire should be sufficient.
- Ground: The Ground terminal will accept up to 4-gauge wire.
Note: If you are using the Speaker Level Input, it is not necessary to connect the Remote terminal. The amplifier power is turned on and off as the unit detects an input signal (Auto Turn-On).