About the JVC KV-DR305W
Great resolution, on the go
Great resolution, on the go
Documenting an accident is all about the details, and JVC's KV-DR305W dash cam is the best tool for the job. With Full HD recording capability and Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) for a clear image night or day, this dash cam makes image quality the top priority. It loop-records the road ahead and, with a wireless connection to your smartphone via Wi-Fi, accessing and sharing your video files is a snap. The camera also comes with a 16GB microSD card for storage, a car charger, and an adhesive-backed mount with quick-release functionality.
G-sensor and GPS
JVC's built-in 3-axis G-Sensor detects hard braking or a collision, and then saves vital video files for a complete record of the event. Built-in GPS geo-tags your files with latitude, longitude, date, time, speed, and direction of travel in order to provide a more complete presentation. You can easily access all of that gathered information using JVC's DVR Link App downloaded to your phone.
- Full HD dash cam and portable digital video recorder
- 2.7" LCD display
- also includes 16GB microSD card, vehicle power cable, and adhesive-backed quick-release mount
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing with mobile devices using JVC's DVR Link App
- records video files up to 1920 x 1080p
- built-in GPS records your location
- built-in 3-axis G-sensor for automatic shock detection
- 2 megapixel recording
- wide angle lens for comprehensive coverage
- dimensions: 3-1/4"W x 2-1/16"H x 1-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KV-DR305W
What's in the box:
- Dashboard camera
- 16GB microSD card
- MicroSD-to-SD card adapter
- 12V power adapter (attached 11.5' cable)
- Mounting bracket
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
JVC KV-DR305W reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KV-DR305W
HD Dash Cam: The JVC KV-DR305W dash camera can capture clear videos and photos while you drive and while you are stopped. It utilizes a 1/2.7" CMOS image sensor with 2.13 million pixels for recording Full HD (1920x1080) video and features a F2.0 lens with a 114-degree field of view (FOV).
- Wide Dynamic Range: The built-in WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) helps to reduce headlight glare or shadows that may occur in high contrast situations, such as in a backlit environment, or near the entrance or exit of a tunnel.
- G-Force Sensor: A G-Force Sensor is built-in to the JVC KV-DR305W to detect impact to the vehicle body. Its 3-axis sensor is able to detect sudden movements from 3 directions - front/back, left/right, and top/bottom.
- Built-in GPS:The KV-DR305W is also equipped with a GPS system that measures your vehicle's location information such as speed, latitude, and longitude. The driving record can be displayed on the dedicated PC linked software.
2.7" LCD with Push Button Control: The JVC KV-DR305W dash camera features a 2.7" LCD screen for live video playback and playback of your recorded video and photos. The 2.7" LCD screen also displays time, date, GPS signal, recording status, and other important information. Push-button controls operate Power, Menu, and Record functions.
Recording Modes: The JVC KV-DR305W offers 3 recording modes to accommodate various situations - Continuous Recording, Manual Recording, and Event Recording:
- Continuous: The Continuous Recording mode is used to automatically record and stop video recording in conjunction with the vehicle's engine being On or Off.
- Manual: Manual Recording mode only starts recording when your physically press the "Record" button. Manually recorded video cannot be automatically overwritten by newer recorded video.
- Event: Event Recording automatically starts recording when a sudden impact or a sudden speed change is detected by the KV-DR305'W's built-in G-Force sensor.
Video, Photo, and Audio Recording: The JVC KV-DR305W dash camera is able to record video and capture still images, as well as record audio.
- Videos: The dashboard camera records 1080p HD video at 30fps in MP4 (H.264) format. Recorded video clip length can be set to 1, 3, or 5 minutes. You can also adjust the exposure value (EV).
- Photos: In addition to recording HD video, the KV-DR305W has the capability to capture JPEG still images (1920x1080) so that in the event of an accident, you can take photographs from inside the vehicle.
- Audio: The dash camera is also equipped with a built-in microphone for recording audio (2ch PCM ) inside the car. A built-in speaker is provided for playback of recorded audio.
microSD Card Slot: The JVC KV-DR305W is outfitted with a microSD card slot for the insertion of a microSD or microSDHC memory card 4GB-32GB; Class 10 or higher). Video & photos will be recorded onto the inserted microSD/SDHC memory card in FAT32. The storage on the microSD/SDHC memory card will be split into three areas according to the type of recording - Protected, Video, and Photo. A 16GB microSD memory card is included.
|microSD Card Size||Recording Time|
Note: The unit will automatically delete the oldest non-protected files to create space for new videos and photos.
JVC DVR Link: Simply install the JVC DVR Link app (for Apple iOS 9.3+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible smartphone device and you'll be able to connect the KV-DR305W to your smartphone via 2.4GHz WiFi (802.11 b/g/n). A variety of operations can be controlled easily from your smartphone. Available functions include "Preview" to view streamed images while recording on your smartphone, still image recording, downloading of recorded data to your smartphone, and controlling various settings of the KV-DR305W.
- You'll be able to transfer the videos and pictures from the JVC dashcam to your compatible smartphone.
- You'll be able to backup the event recorded videos from JVC dashcam to your compatible smartphone automatically.
- You'll also be able to share videos and pictures on your smartphone with social media apps.
JVC Route Watcher: JVC ROUTE WATCHER is a software program tool that lets you view the videos recorded by the KV-DR305W dash cam on your Windows PC or Mac computer. Simply plug the KV-DR305W into your computer via USB. A miniUSB-to-USB cable is required (not included).
- Windows PC: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 (Windows 7 SP1 must be installed) *not compatible with Windows 10 Mobile or Window RT
- Mac OS X: Mac OS x 10.11 (El Capitan) or later.
Mounting Options: The included self-adhesive mounting bracket allows you to mount the dash cam on the windshield or the dash of your vehicle. Mounting the camera to the center of the windshield behind the rear-view mirror will facilitate optimal video recording. The bracket allows you to adjust the angle of the camera once its mounted. The camera can be easily removed and reattached to the bracket.
Note: Do not install this product in your vehicle if its location or use would obstruct the driver's clear view of the road or the operation of any vehicle airbag. It is also the driver's responsibility to know and comply with the laws, rules, and regulations of the driving location, including, for example, passenger privacy rights, and not to use the device in any location where its installation or use is prohibited.
6 questions already asked