About the JVC Arsenal KD-AR755
Smartphone compatibility in your car
Smartphone compatibility in your car
A lot of people ask us whether they can use their Android™ device with a new car stereo. With JVC's KD-AR755 CD receiver, the answer is yes. Plug your Android into receiver's USB input and use JVC's Smart Music Control app to access the media you've stored on your Android. You'll enjoy cool features like voice and gesture controls, and voice readout of SMS text messages. Plus, JVC protects this Arsenal Series receiver with a 2-year warranty.
For Apple® fans, simply plug your iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad® into the handy front-panel USB input, and you'll be able to speed through your music library with the receiver's controls. You can also use the receiver to control your Pandora account when your iPhone is plugged in.
Multi-color to the max
Whatever media you're listening too, all song and artist info will appear in bright characters on the receiver's display. And while many receivers offer selectable colors for their display and controls, JVC goes a step further. With the KD-AR755 you can set up to three different color zones on the face — creating thousands of possible color combinations. You can also choose from preset patterns for color changes — a pretty cool way to personalize your car.
You can set separate illumination colors in up to three different zone on the receiver's face.
Looking to add on?
Bluetooth® adds some attractive capabilities to your driving experience, including the ability to take calls hands-free and stream music wirelessly from your Bluetooth equipped devices. Add JVC's optional Bluetooth adapter to the KD-AR755 to get on board with this technology.
If you're building a top-end audio system, you'll find three sets of high-voltage preamp outputs that'll provide a strong, noise-free signal to your outboard amplifiers. You can activate a selectable low-pass filter on the subwoofer outputs, and use the subwoofer level control to dial in the right amount of bass.
Keep your car's steering wheel audio controls
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this JVC stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the receiver, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- detachable face with 3-zone variable color display and button illumination
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility)
- Pandora and iHeartRadio control with iPhone
- music file playback from select Android devices through USB with JVC Music Control app (see Details tab for more information)
- remote control
- Digital Track Expander enhances compressed music files
- Pro EQ 3-band parametric equalizer with twelve preset tone settings
- loudness and bass boost
- low-pass and high-pass filters
- subwoofer level control
- compatible with JVC Bluetooth adapter (not included)
- inputs: front USB port and front aux input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4.8-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KD-AR755
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (w/ 10A fuse inserted into chassis)
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (RM-RK52)
- CR2025 3V Lithium battery (installed)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Face fixing screw
- Instruction Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warrant Information
- "Caution!" note (attached to wiring harness)
- Face Fixing screw note
JVC Arsenal KD-AR755 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC Arsenal KD-AR755
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4.8 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||8.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, WAV|
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit also supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto CD-R/RW discs.
Front-Panel USB Port: The JVC Arsenal KD-AR755 features a front-panel USB 2.0 type-A port (behind a sliding cover) connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The USB port enables audio playback and control of MP3, WMA, & WAV audio files stored on portable USB mass-storage class devices. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The Drive Change feature lets you switch between multiple memory cards (up to 5) in a USB multi-card reader or multiple USB thumbdrives (up to 5) connected to a USB hub.
MP3/WMA/WAV Playback: The JVC Arsenal KD-AR755 supports the following types of MP3, WMA, WAV files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB MCS Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Romeo, Joliet, or Windows long file name||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types|| |
MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||999 folders/20,480 files|
|Tags||ID3 tag (version 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tag|
Track/Folder List: The Track/Folder List displays a list of MP3/WMA/WAV folders and tracks on a loaded CD or USB device, so you can easily access your music.
Random/Repeat Modes: The JVC Arsenal KD-AR755 offers the following Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Track Repeat (plays the current track repeatedly), Folder Repeat (plays all tracks of the current folder repeatedly), Off (cancels repeat function)
- Random: Folder Random (plays all tracks of the current folder, then the tracks of the next folder in random), All Random (plays all tracks of the current disc at random), Off (cancels random function)
Resume: If you change the source, playback also stops (without ejecting the disc or USB device). Next time you select CD or USB for the playback source, the player will start from where it has been stopped previously.
JVC Playlist Creator Compatible: JVC Playlist Creator is a free Windows-based desktop software that helps organize, manage and transfer MP3/WMA music files to your USB (MSC) device from your PC. When you playback audio files that have been stored on your USB (MSC) device using JVC Playlist Creator through the KD-AR755, you can search a file by song title, album name, artist name, or genre using the head unit's Quick Search function. The JVC Playlist Creator is a Windows-based software that can be downloaded for free from JVC's website to your PC. The JVC Playlist Creator is compatible with the following Windows Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Windows XP Professional, Home Edition SP2 or later (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
Note: Not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Zune, or Android
Off Insert/Eject + Disc Protection: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback. If the ejected disc is not removed within 15 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust. The source will change to CD, and the disc will begin playback, even if you have another source selected at the time.
Mounting: For proper disc playback you must install the unit within 30-degrees of horizontal.
Android Compatible: The JVC Arsenal KD-AR755 supports USB-connection and playback of Android smartphones with Froyo or Gingerbread operating systems installed.
- JVC Music Control: By connecting the JVC CD receiver via USB to an Android smartphone (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only) that has the free JVC Music Control app installed, it allows you to list and search your MP3 music stored on the smartphone from the receiver by artist name or album name. The JVC Music Control app also analyzes all of your songs that are in your Android smartphone, and creates a playlist according to your mood. Once the application has completed the analysis of the songs, simply select your current mood, and this application will generate a list of songs that best fits your mood. Your compatible Android smartphone must be recognized as a USB mass storage class device; not compatible with MTP protocol.
- Drive Change Mode: When an Android smartphone is connected to the USB input terminal, you can select its internal memory or external memory (such as an microSD card) to playback the songs stored on the phone or on the memory card. This feature is also compatible with other USB mass storage class compliant smartphones, such as Blackberry.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity w/ DAC Bypass: The JVC Arsenal KD-AR755's front-panel USB port can acts as an iPod/iPhone high-speed direct connection when used with the Lightning or Dock cable that came with your iPod/iPhone. The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music and music apps to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 16-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB. The KD-AR755's USB connection also offers music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhone models from the JVC in-dash head unit. You can choose to operate your iPod/iPhone through the JVC head unit's front-panel controls or from your Apple device's clickwheel/touchscreen.
- Head Unit Mode: From the head unit's front-panel controls you can search for stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, and Composer. The contents of a Playlist or Category can be searched alphabetically (A-Z) or numerically (0-9). The KD-AR755 also supports Repeat (file/all) and Random (album/all) playback functions of your iPod/iPhone. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from select music apps streamed to your iPhone. During Head Unit Mode, the KD-AR755 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; such as Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen in this mode in order to access other applications; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- iPod/iPhone Mode: The iPod/iPhone Mode lets you control your older iPod/iPhone (iOS 5.1.1 and earlier) from its clickwheel or touchscreen. You'll still have access to basic playback controls (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) from the head unit, but advanced navigation functions will be locked. No song/artist information is displayed in this mode. The unit will simply display "iPhone Mode".
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod Compatibility Chart: The JVC Arsenal KD-AR755 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 1/8/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora/iHeart Radio||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Front-Panel Auxiliary Input: A front-panel stereo minijack is provided to allow the connection of almost any portable audio source with a 3.5mm headphone output (great for those non-Apple/Android devices. Simply connect your portable digital music player to the unit's front-panel auxiliary input, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. The unit's front-panel auxiliary input can be turned On or Off.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The JVC Arsenal KD-AR755 features a built-in RDS AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. You can store a total of 18 FM stations presets and 6 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The head unit's Radio Timer features lets you tune into a preset station at a specific time regardless of the head unit's current source (you can activate the Radio Timer once, daily, or turn it completely off). If an analog FM stereo broadcast is hard to receive, you can manually switch the tuner to Mono operation. You can also switch the tuner's IF filter to Wide or Auto to increase/decrease the sensitivity.
Note: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
Internet Radio Apps (for iPhone): The JVC KD-AR755 allows you to access Pandora and iHeartRadio online music services through your USB-connected iPhone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the KD-AR755 via the Lightning or Dock cable supplied with your iPhone. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App: The Pandora App (free) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the JVC KD-AR755 using your connected Apple iPhone, via the the cable supplied with your iPhone. The JVC KD-AR755 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up/thumbs down and bookmark them on your Pandora account. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- iHeartRadio Link: The free iHeartRadio Link app for JVC from lets you play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the JVC KD-AR755 using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+). The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). The KD-AR755 will provide control over the iHeartRadio Link app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information. From the head unit's front-panel controls, iHeartRadio stations can be searched by the following categories (Local, Genre, City, or My Stations). The Local selection provides a list of radio stations in your local listening area. The unit also provides over 22 Genres to choose from (including pop, country, hip-hop, jazz, etc.) to help you find the right radio station for you. In addition, you can search for radio stations by City. Cities can be searched alphabetically (A-Z). You can even store your favorite stations (My Stations) for easier, quicker access. An active iHeartRadio account is required.
Note: Access to the Pandora and iHeartRadio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
16 Bit D/A Converter: The JVC Arsenal KD-AR755 utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The JVC KD-AR755 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KD-AR755 are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 total watts)
Note: When you are using the KD-AR755 with factory speakers (or those rated to less than 50 watts peak), the Amplifier Gain Control can limit the amount of power being sent to those speakers. When the Amp Gain Control is set to "low," the volume control ranges from 0 (minimum) to 30 (maximum). When using speakers rated higher than 50 watts peak, you can set the Amp Gain Control to "high," and the volume control will range from 0 to 50.
6ch/4.8V Preamp Outputs with Sub Control: The KD-AR755 is equipped with 6ch/4.8V preamp outputs (Front, Rear, Subwoofer). The front and rear preamp outputs allow fader control, while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The head unit's sub preamp output features a low pass crossover and independent volume control. You can set the cutoff frequency of the low-pass filter at 55Hz, 85Hz, or 120Hz. You can adjust the head unit's subwoofer level between -8 and +8 (separate from the main volume level).
High-Pass Filter (for Front & Rear Speakers): You can activate a variable high-pass filter (100, 120, 150, Hz or Through) for the unit's front & rear channels (speaker- or preamp-level), so low frequency signals are cut off from your system's front & rear speakers.
Pro EQ: The KD-AR755 is equipped with JVC's Pro EQ. The integrated equalizer offers 12 preset sound modes (Flat, Hard Rock, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Talk, vocal Boost, Bass Boost, Classical, Dance, User 1, or User 2) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User modes allow you to manually adjust the head unit's 3-band parametric EQ (Frequency, Level, and Q-Factor).
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 200 Hz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5 kHz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||0.75, 1.0, 1.25|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||Fixed|
Note: You can store Pro EQ bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (CD, AM/FM, Aux, USB, iPod, Pandora/iHeart Radio).
Sound Enhancements: The head unit provides further sound enhancements for your car audio system.
- Digital Track Expander: The digital Track Expander utomatically enhances compressed music files and restores the original richness of the recording.
- Bass Boost: The unit's Bass Boost enhances low bass frequencies.
- Loud (Loudness): This feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level. You can set this feature to High, Low, or Off.
- Volume Adjust: The input level of each source (other than FM) is adjustable relative to the FM radio volume, so there isn't a significant volume difference when changing sources. Each source is individually adjustable from -5 to +5.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Detachable Face: The JVC Arsenal KD-AR755 features a detachable face to deter theft. No face-case is provided. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
3 Zone Variable Color: The head unit's variable color illumination is separated into 3 Zones (Zone 1, Display Zone, and Zone 2). The KD-AR755 offers 29 color presets and custom colors for each of these zones. You can choose one of these color presets or select the ColorFlow mode which scrolls through all 29 color presets. Additionally, there is a User preset, allowing you to individually adjust the intensity of Red, Green, and Blue from 0 to 31; resulting in approximately 30,000 custom color options. You can choose to use the same color for all 3 Zones, or use a different color for each separate Zone.
- Zone 1: Zone 1 consists of the rotary knob and the following buttons (iPod, Previous/Next Track, Power/Source, Menu, and Back).
- Display Zone: The Display Zone consists of the LCD, preset buttons, and display button.
- Zone 2: Zone 2 consists of the USB port and Aux input.
Lighting Effects + Color Guide: You can select a preset color change pattern/speed for all 3 Zones (Zone 1, Display Zone, and Zone 2). Choose from Spectrum, Groove, Techno, Emotion, Relax, and Night Sweep. When activated, the Color Guide mode changes the display and all button illumination to white when menu settings or music list search are performed.
Brightness & Dimmer Control: The unit offers a daytime and nighttime brightness setting for the LCD, button, and USB input terminal. You can adjust the brightness level of each zone manually from 0-31. The unit's dimmer control can be set automatically or manually; select "Off" for daytime brightness setting, "On" for nighttime brightness setting, or "Auto" which switches between day and nighttime brightness setting automatically when you turn off/on the headlights (orange/white wire of harness must be connected to headlamp circuit).
Day & Time: The unit displays a 12-or 24-hour clock, as well as the day (Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat). The day & time can be selected to remain on, even if the head unit is switched off (as long as the vehicle's key is in the accessory or start position).
Demo Mode: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned On or Off within the menu.
Wireless Remote Control: The KD-AR755 comes supplied with a wireless remote control (RM-RK52). The remote contains Attenuator, Sound, Source, Tracking, and Volume functions. The remote operates off of a single CR2025 3V Lithium-cell battery (included).
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Optional Bluetooth: The JVC KS-BTA100 Bluetooth Adapter (105KSBTA10, sold separately) provides Bluetooth hands-free communication and digital audio streaming functions for the JVC Arsenal KD-AR755. The JVC KS-BTA100 gives you hands-free communication from your compatible Bluetooth mobile phone and wireless streaming audio from a Bluetooth enabled digital audio player, when connected to the JVC in-dash head unit. The JVC Bluetooth Adapter includes a super-sensitive microphone, an Answer/End button, and playback controls. The JVC Arsenal KD-AR755 can be set to automatically mute any music audio to your vehicle's speakers so you can listen to your telephone call using your car speakers.
Note: Not all Bluetooth devices will be compatible. Visit the JVC Mobile Entertainment Bluetooth Support Page for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.