About the JVC KD-AVX33
JVC's KD-AVX33 in-dash DVD receiver combines music and movie playback with built-in Bluetooth® technology. A 3.5" screen displays movies and music menus, and Bluetooth technology allows you to hear incoming calls through your stereo speakers. Hands-free calling makes your drive a little safer, and you can transfer up to 5,000 numbers from your phone to the KD-AVX33. If you have digital music files stored on your phone, you can stream them through the KD-AVX33. You can even display all your incoming text messages on the receiver's screen.
A high-powered internal amplifier and extensive sound-shaping controls make your music and movie soundtracks sound great. You can play a number of digital music formats on CD, or enjoy high-quality sound from DVD Audio. Use the screen to watch movies when you're parked, or view photos that you've stored on discs. Front, rear, subwoofer, and center channel preamp outputs allow you to set up a complete mobile theater.
JVC's optional iPod® adapter gives you control of your stored music. Add an optional rear-seat monitor 2-zone mode lets you send movies to the back while you and your front seat passenger enjoy music. Pick up an optional satellite radio tuner and subscription, and enjoy a wide variety of music, sports, and entertainment in your vehicle.
- in-dash DVD receiver with 3.5" screen and internal amp (20 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth
- dual zone capability
- wireless remote
- plays MP3/WMA/WAVs on CD
- DVD-Audio capable
- DVD +/-R/RW, DivX, JPEG, MPEG playback
- 5.1 channel DTS/Dolby Digital
- compatible with JVC iPod adapter, satellite radio
- inputs: rear USB input, one A/V input
- outputs: one gold-plated video output, four sets of 5-volt preamp outputs (front, rear, center, subwoofer), DTS optical digital output
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/DVD/DVD-Audio/CD receiver
- 15-amp mini fuse (installed)
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- A/V input/output harness
- Wiring harness
- 16.25' Reverse gear extension wire
- Bluetooth microphone with 10.5' cable attached
- Microphone mounting clip
- Double-sided tape
- Wireless remote control (RM-RK251)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Rear mounting bolt
- Flat washer
- Rubber bushing
- Hex flange nut
- 2 Red wire splice taps (18-22 gauge)
- Face security screw
- Instructions (English/Spanish/French)
- Installation/Connection Manual (English/Spanish/French)
- Bluetooth information sheet
- US warranty information
- Canadian warranty information
- Product Registration Card/Questionnaire
- Caution sheet concerning ground wire
- Face security screw instructions
JVC KD-AVX33 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KD-AVX33
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||20 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
Product Overview: The KD-AVX33 single-DIN multimedia unit includes a DVD/DVD-Audio/CD receiver with a 3.5" monitor. It also has CD changer control, built-in Bluetooth capability, built-in surround sound processing, A/V line input, A/V line output, a USB input, is satellite radio ready, and has dual zone capability.
Monitor: The KD-AVX33 features a 3.5" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 LCD display. The pixel resolution of the display is 960 horizontal x 220 vertical (211,200 pixels total). The LCD serves as a video monitor and system information display.
Display Angle: The motorized display can be tilted (up) to one of four angles.
Digital to Analog Converters: For high quality audio and video performance JVC uses a 192 kHz/24-bit audio DAC and a 108 MHz/12-bit video DAC.
Source Volume Control: The volume of each source (other than FM radio) can be adjusted relative to the FM volume, so the level is constant as you change from one input to another.
Wallpaper: You can choose from 15 background wallpapers; Future-Blue, Future-Green, Wave-Blue, Wave-Green, Wave-Pink, Metal-A, Metal-B, Ball-A, Ball-B, Ball-C, Dolphin, Simple-Red, Simple-Purple, Simple-Blue, and Simple-Gray.
Selectable Aspect Modes: You can choose from four aspect modes for the in-dash display:
- Regular: for 4:3 source material, 4:3 and 16:9 pictures display with black bars on either side (16:9 images are compressed)
- Full: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height
- Auto: the correct aspect mode is automatically chosen based on the disc
Monitor Type: You can choose one of the following monitor types for the output to the external monitor(s):
- 16:9: select this when the aspect ratio of your monitor is 16:9
- 4:3 Letter Box: select this when the aspect ratio of your monitor is 4:3, when viewing a widescreen picture black bars appear on the top and bottom of the screen
- 4:3 Pan Scan: select this when the aspect ratio of your monitor is 4:3, when viewing a widescreen picture, the black bars do not appear; however, the left and right edges of the picture will not be shown on screen
7-Band Equalizer: Along with a flat preset, there are eight preset EQ curves and three user programmable fields; Hard Rock, R&B, Pop, Jazz, Dance, Country, Reggae, Classic, User 1, User 2, and User 3. The user presets can be adjusted to your preference and stored in memory. For each User preset, you can independently adjust the following frequencies: 60 Hz, 150 Hz, 400 Hz, 1 kHz, 2.5 kHz, 6.3 kHz, and 15 kHz. The level of each frequency can be adjusted from -10dB to +10dB in 2dB increments.
Speaker Size: Like home surround receivers, you can adjust the following speaker size settings:
- Front: Small or Large
- Center: Small, Large, or None
- Rear: Small, Large, or None
- Subwoofer: On or Off
Speaker Level: You can adjust the output level of each individual speaker relative to the main volume from -10 dB to +10 dB.
Speaker Distance: You can adjust the speaker output timing separately for each individual speaker (excluding the subwoofer) according to the distance from the speakers to the listening position. The distance for each speaker can be adjusted from 6" to 240" in 6" increments.
Compressed File Playback: The KD-AVX33 can play MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, JPEG, DivX, MPEG1, and MPEG2 files recorded on DVD-R, DVD-RW ,DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R and CD-RW discs. The disc must be recorded in ISO 9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, or Romeo. MP3 and WMA files with bit rates from 32-320 kbps and AAC files with bit rates from 16-320 kbps are supported. DivX versions 6.x, 5.x, 4.x, and 3.11 with resolutions 720 x 576 or less are supported.
Dual Zone Capable: The line level audio/video output allows you to route DVD (or other disc) playback to an optional back seat monitor and headphone system, allowing front seat passengers to enjoy any other source except USB input. You can also turn on a Headphone Surround feature for the rear audio output.
Amplifier Gain Control: When you are using the KD-AVX33 with factory speakers (or those rated to less than 50 watts peak), the Amplifier Gain Control can limit the amount of power being sent to those speakers. When the Amp Gain Control is set to low, the volume control ranges from 0 (minimum) to 30 (maximum). When using speakers rated higher than 50 watts peak, you can set the Amp Gain Control to high, and the volume control will range from 0 to 50. The internal amp can also be turned of when all the speakers are powered by outboard amplifiers.
Source Naming: The KD-AVX33 allows you to assign names of up to 16 characters each for the A/V input, the EXT input (connected to the CD changer input using an optional adapter), and up to 30 AM and FM stations.
Preamp Outputs: In addition to the 5 volt front and rear stereo preamp outputs, this unit has single preamp outputs for the Subwoofer and center channel, each also 5 volts. The subwoofer output has independent level control, adjustable from -6 to +8, and a selectable phase setting that can be adjusted to Normal or Reverse. A second audio output is RCA stereo outputs for the rear zone.
Crossover: TheKD-AVX33 has an internal crossover that allows you to choose 80, 120, or 150 Hz. This crossover acts as a low-pass filter for the subwoofer preamp output and a high-pass filter for the other speakers (front, center, and rear) set to the Small setting.
Audio/Video Input: The audio/video input can be set to one of the following modes:
- Off: when nothing is connected
- Audio + Video: choose when connecting an A/V component like a VCR
- Audio: choose when connecting an audio component like a cassette deck
- Camera: when a rear view camera is connected
- Camera Mirror: shows the mirror image of the rear camera
- Navigation: displays map from an outboard navigation system
Optional Input Adapter: An optional JVC Line Input Adapter (item number 105KSU57 or 257KSU58) may be used to provide an additional auxiliary audio input on this unit. This feature allows you to connect a portable audio player, such as a portable MP3 player, to this unit as an additional audio source. The adapter connects to the CD changer input on this unit. When the adapter is connected to this unit, a CD changer cannot be connected.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The KD-AVX33 has a steering remote control jack on the preamp output harness. When used with the optional SWI-JACK interface (item number 127SWIJACK), you can retain the use of your steering wheel and/or rear seat radio controls when replacing the factory head unit in select vehicles. The SWI-JACK is compatible with over 95% of the vehicles made from 1986 to the present. Compatible vehicles include many Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Suzuki, Toyota, and Volkswagen vehicles and Harley Davidson motorcycles. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Dimmer: When 12 volts is applied to the illumination lead and the dimmer set to Auto, the display dims. The dimmer can also be set to Off (normal brightness at all times), On (display is always dimmed), or Dimmer Time Set (you program the time for the dimmer to turn off an on).
Picture Adjust: Brightness, Contrast, Color, and Tint can each be adjusted from -15 to +15.
5.1-Channel Decoding: You can enjoy 5.1-channel sound with the built-in surround processor, including DVD-Audio, Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby ProLogic II (movie and music). In addition to the front and rear speaker outputs, the unit features preamp outputs for front left and right, rear left and right, center, and subwoofer. Dolby ProLogic II Music also has adjustments for Panorama (depth) and Center Width.
Scan Search: When playing a DVD, there are five fast-play speeds in both directions (2x, 5x, 10x, 20x, and 60x).
Slow Motion: When playing a DVD, there are five slow motion speeds in both directions (1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2).
- CD/VDC: plays the first 15 seconds of each track
- Track: plays the first 15 seconds of each track
- Folder: plays the first 15 seconds of the first track of each folder
- Chapter: repeats the current chapter
- Title: repeats the current title
- DVD-Audio: repeats the current track
- Chapter: repeats the current chapter
- Program: repeats the current program (not available for playlists)
- CD/VCD: repeats the current track
- Track: repeats the current track
- Folder: repeats the current folder
- Track: repeats the current track
- Folder: repeats the current folder
- JPEG: repeats the current folder
- CD/VDC: plays all the tracks on the disc in random order
- Folder: plays all the tracks of the current folder in random order
- Disc: plays all the tracks on the disc in random order
Dynamic Range Compression: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of Auto or On.
Menu Language: There are nine options for the menu language; English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, and Russian.
Bluetooth: The KD-AVX33 has Bluetooth hardware built in to integrate with Bluetooth enabled cellular phones and audio players. Bluetooth is a two-way wireless communication system allowing you to make and receive cell phone calls, and listen to a Bluetooth audio device. Up to five devices total can be registered with the KD-AVX33.
- Phone: The unit can be set to automatically connect to a registered phone when it's turned on. Once the phone connection is made the head is ready to receive calls while you listen to other sources. You can store up to 6 phone numbers as presets for one-touch dialing, dial from your Phonebook, dial from the list of received or missed calls, or dial a number manually using the remote control. Voice activated dialing is available if your phone is so equipped.
iPod Interface: The optional KS-PD100 adapter (item number 257KSPD100) allows an iPod digital music player with a dock connector to be connected and controlled by theKD-AVX33. You'll be able to scroll through all your playlists, albums, artists, genres, and composers directly from the head unit. Song titles and other file information show up right on the head unit display. The iPod is also charged while it is connected to the KD-AVX33.
USB Input: A USB port is attached to the rear panel by a 4' cable. This allows you to play USB mass storage devices loaded with MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, DivX, MPEG1, MPEG2, or JPEG files. For the unit to recognize the USB medium, it must be specified as a mass storage device formatted using FAT 12, FAT 16, or FAT 32. The unit can recognize a total of 5000 files and 250 folders (a folder may contain a maximum of 999 files). A USB cap is supplied to place over the USB input when it's not in use.
Changer Controls: This unit is equipped with JVC's J-Link CD changer control system. It is fully compatible with JVC's CD/MP3 changer, item number 257CHX1500. Other JVC CH-X series CD changers (except CH-X99 and CH-X100) can be controlled directly by this head unit, however, they are not compatible with MP3 discs. You cannot use the KD-MK series CD changers with this unit, even with an adapter.
Audio/Video Output: The 2nd Audio Output (left and right RCA audio jacks) and Video Output (RCA composite video jack) allow you to connect an optional back seat monitor and headphone system.
Audio/Video Input: The audio/video input consists of left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack, allowing you to connect external equipment to this head unit.
Preamp Outputs: The unit has six preamp outputs; front left, front right, rear left, rear right, center and subwoofer.