About the JVC KD-MR1BTS
A color display for outside
A color display for outside
Have more fun in the sun with JVC's KD-MR1BTS marine digital media receiver. A 2.7" color display makes it easy to dial in stations or weather band info on the radio's global tuner. JVC incorporates a USB input so you can access your favorite music files, while built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music from your smartphone. Get ready to rock the water.
Expand your system
The KD-MR1BTS sports two sets of preamp outputs (including a switchable sub output), so you'll have lots of options when you're ready to build a system. Incorporate an optional SiriusXM tuner (not included) and dial in your favorite satellite radio programming even when you're miles from shore.
Ready for the water
The KD-MR1BTS is equipped with a weather-resistant, UV-stable face and controls that will stand up to sun, salt and moisture. A conformal coating protects the radio's electronic circuits from moisture to ensure your music can't be stopped. JVC has also built the KD-MR1BTS chassis to fit a 3" hole, easily created with a drill and matching saw bit.
iPhone® direct connection
If you're an iPhone user, JVC makes it easy to make the most of your stored music. You'll be able to listen to saved music, music apps, and other audio content on select Apple devices with wired connection via USB.
Rear-view camera input
Backup cams are just about the most handy thing on earth, even in a boat or UTV. JVC equips the KD-MR1BTS with a rear-view camera input so you can add a view of what's behind you with an optional camera (not included).
Add control to your radio elsewhere in the boat with JVC's wired remote control (not included).
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- marine digital media receiver
- fits almost any boat or ATV (3" cutout)
- 2.7" TFT color LCD screen
- built-in amplifier (19 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth® for music streaming
- global tuning with weather band
- IPX6 waterproof compliance
- inputs: rear aux input (RCA); rear USB input; rear camera input
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/sub)
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- works with wired remote (RM-RK62M, sold separately)
- dimensions: 4-9/16"H x 4-3/16"W x 1-9/16"D (front panel); 3-1/16" Diameter x 2-15/16"D (Body)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KD-MR1BTS
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver (20A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Mounting bracket
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Threaded-studs
- 8 Flanged-nuts
- Trim-ring pry tool
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty sheet
- Correction note
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KD-MR1BTS
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||19 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, FLAC|
Marine Rated: The JVC KD-MR1BTS marine digital media receiver has a special water-resistant, anti-rust conformal coating placed on its main circuit board to protect its circuitry. This conformal coating is a protective chemical coating to safeguard electronic circuits from harsh environments that may contain moisture or chemical contaminants. It provides a barrier to airborne contaminants from the operating environment, such as salt-spray, thus preventing corrosion. Thanks to its IPX6 waterproof compliance (equivalent to IEC standard publication 529 IPX6), the KD-MR1BTS can withstand powerful jets of water from any direction.
Note: The front-panel and face-plate of the KD-MR1BTS is IPX6 rated, while the chassis (body) of the receiver is only IPX4 rated.
Optional Marine Wired Remote: The JVC RM-RK62M wired marine remote control (105RMRK62M, sold separately) is designed to withstand the harsh marine environment. The JVC add-on wired remote features source selector, music search, and volume control buttons. The remote will need to be hardwired to the head unit's blue/yellow remote input wire.
Mounting Options: To mount the JVC KD-MR1BTS, you will need to find a flat mounting surface with adequate clearance around it for the receiver's front-panel and behind it that provides enough clearance for the receiver's necessary wiring and connections. The KD-MR1BTS will require a 3" (diameter) x 4.5" (depth) cutout. The unit comes with two mounting options. There is a mounting plate which installs behind the mounting surface and secures the KD-MR1BTS to the front of the mounting surface using four included machine screws and flanged-nuts. There is also a mounting bracket which installs behind the mounting surface and secures the KD-MR1BTS to the back of the mounting surface using the two included threaded-studs and flanged-nuts.
- Front-Panel with Trim-Ring Dimensions: 4.485" (width) x 4.115" (height) x 1.465" (depth)
- Front-Panel Nose Dimensions: 4.305" (width) x 3.935" (height) x 1.465" (depth)
- Chassis Dimensions: 2.965" (diameter) x 3.005" (depth)
- Cutout Dimensions: 3" (diameter) x 4.5" (depth)
- Screw-Hole Spacing: 4" (width) x 3.5" (height)
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The JVC KD-MR1BTS features built-in Bluetooth 3.0 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and wireless music control (AVRCP 1.5). You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source devices (such as your smartphone or tablet) to the KD-MR1BTS. You'll also be able to search your device's stored music library by category (varies by device), as well a control Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Random/Repeat. The unit supports Simple Secure Pairing (SSP). Only one Bluetooth source device can be paired and connected at a time. The unit has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 33'.
- The JVC KD-MR1BTS does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making and answering phone calls.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JVC KD-MR1BTS.
iPhone Direct Connection: The KD-MR1BTS digital media receiver's rear-panel USB can be used to connect select Apple iPods and iPhones with a Lightning connector. Use the Lightning-to-USB cable supplied with your Apple device, JVC's Lightning-to-USB cable (105KSU62, sold separately), or other Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable to connect your Apple iPod touch or iPhone to the JVC receiver. You'll be able to listen to stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Apple device through the KD-MR1BTS. From the receiver's front-panel controls you can search for stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, and Composer. The KD-MR1BTS also supports other playback functions such Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. You can even choose to control your Apple device from its own touchscreen, instead of the head unit, to access additional music apps. In addition, the KD-MR1BTs will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information such as Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album title (no album art).
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
- The JVC KD-MR1BTS does not support older 30-pin Apple devices.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Global AM/FM Tuner: The JVC KD-MR1BTS is equipped with a global AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store a total of 18 FM stations presets and 12 AM station presets. The radio allows you to set your AM/FM stations manually or automatically. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. Tuner regions include -
- North America (default): FM = 87.9-107.9MHz (200kHz), AM = 530-1700kHz (10kHz)
- South America: FM = 87.5-108MHz (50kHz), AM = 530-1700kHz (10kHz)
- Europe/Russia/Asia: FM = 87.5-108MHz (50kHz), AM = 531-1611kHz (9kHz)
- Japan: FM = 76.0-99.0MHz (100kHz), AM = 522-1629kHz (9kHz)
- Middle East: FM = 87.5-108MHz (50kHz), AM = 531-1602kHz (9kHz)
- Australia: 87.5-108MHz (50kHz), AM = 531-1701kHz (9kHz)
Weather Band Radio: The JVC KD-MR1BTS digital media receiver is also equipped with a Weather Band Radio to keep you posted on the latest weather reports and alerts while out on the water, keeping you safe while you enjoy boating exhibition. Its compatible with the following USA/Canada Weather Band frequencies- 162.400MHz to 162.550 MHz (25kHz)
Pandora: The free Pandora App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android 4.0+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the JVC KD-MR1BTS using your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone, or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the KD-MR1BTS via the Lightning-to-USB cable supplied with your iPhone, JVC's Lightning-to-USB cable (105KSU62, sold separately), or paired via Bluetooth. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the JVC KD-MR1BTS. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
- Control: You'll be able to control the Pandora app from the KD-MR1BTS. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically. New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down, as well as bookmark song information. An active Pandora account is required.
- Display: The JVC KD-MR1BTS will display Artist, Album, and Song information from the Pandora Internet Radio app. It does not support album art.
Note: Access to Pandora Internet Radio will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Â Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The JVC KD-MR1BTS is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. The KD-MR1BTS even has a SiriusXM stereo RCA output for daisy-chaining to another amplified system.
- Channel List w/ Category Search: The Channel list displays a list of all available channels. You can also search and list channels by specific categories.
- Preset & Direct Tuning: You can store up to 18 of your favorite SiriusXM stations as presets. You can also enter a SiriusXM station number directly using the receiver's front-panel controls.
- Song/Artist Info: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the receiver's LCD screen (no album or station art).
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Rear-Panel USB Port: The JVC KD-MR1BTS digital media receiver is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for connecting a USB MSC (mass storage class) device with MP3, WMA, and FLAC music files. The KD-MR1BTS offers playback and search controls - such as File/Folder Select, Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, Repeat (All/One/Folder), and Random (Folder only). The digital media receiver will also display song/artist/album information (no album art). The USB port (rated at 5V/1A) will also charge your connected USB device, when the receiver is turned on.
|Media Type||USB (MSC)|
|File System||FAT 32|
|Playable File Types|| |
MP3: 16-48kHz sampling frequency with a 32-384kbps bit-rate
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||255 total folders/999 total files (maximum of 999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3-ID3, WMA, and FLAC Tags (no album art)|
Note: The USB port is not compatible with Android devices, USB hubs, card-readers, or computers.
Rear-Panel Aux Input: The JVC KD-MR1BTS is outfitted with a rear-panel Aux input that consists of stereo RCA jacks for connecting an external audio playback source.
MOSFET Amplifier: The JVC KD-MR1BTS is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- Full Bandwidth Power: 19 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 total watts)
Note: If you'll be using the receiver's pre-outs with external amplifiers, you can turn the built-in amplifier off to improve the sound quality.
2V/4CH Pre-Outs: The KD-MR1BTS is equipped with two pair of 2V pre-outs(Front, Rear/SW). You can set the Rear/SW preamp outputs for connecting a pair of full-range rear speakers (through an external amplifier) or for connecting a subwoofer (through an external amplifier). When set for Rear speakers, the Rear/SW pre-outs operate with the unit's fader control. When set for Subwoofer, the Rear/SW pre-outs are non-fading.
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: You are able to select independent high pass crossovers for your front speakers and rear speakers, as well as a low pass crossover for the head unit's Rear/SW pre-out when it is set to Subwoofer.
- Front & Rear: Independently set high pass filter (HPF) for front & rear speakers.
- Frequency: 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB/Oct, -12dB/Oct, -18dB/Oct, -24dB/Oct
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Sub: Set low pass filter (LPF) for the sub output.
- Frequency: 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB/Oct, -12dB/Oct, -18dB/Oct, -24dB/Oct
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
Subwoofer Level Control: When the Rear/SW pre-outs are set to Subwoofer, the KD-MR1BTS offers an independent subwoofer level control that is adjustable from 0 to 20.
7-Band Equalizer w/ 8 EQ Presets: You can easily select between 8 EQ presets - Hard Rock, Classical, Pop, Dance, DRVN, Hip-Hop, Flat, or User. The DRVN preset helps you hear your music over road noise; it boosts certain frequencies ranges that become hard to hear due to road noise. The User preset lets you manually adjust the receiver's 7-band equalizer which consists of 80, 250, 500, 1k, 2k, 4k, and 10kHz frequencies that adjustable from -6dB to +6dB.
Loud (Loudness): This feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level.
Source Gain: You can adjust the gain level of individual sources to minimize the difference in volume between the different sources. The Source Gain can be set to -3dB, 0dB (default), or +3dB.
Key Beep: The marine digital media receiver provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
2.7" LCD Screen: The JVC KD-MR1BTS features a 2.7" color LCD screen with LED backlighting. The unit can be set to display multi-color text and background in Night mode, and black text with a white background in Day mode. There is an Auto setting that will automatically set the display to Night mode when your vehicles lights are turned on, and automatically set the display to Day mode when the lights are turned off (the Orange/White wire within the included harness must be connected to your vehicle's light circuit). You can also manually dim or brighten the display.
Rear View Camera Input: The JVC KD-MR1BTS is equipped with a rear view camera input. The rear view camera input consists of a female composite video jack. With an optional camera (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) connected, you have increased safety while driving UTVs or marine vessels. You can also use this composite video input to connect an external video source (however, there will be no audio). The camera video input can be automatically triggered when you put your vehicle in reverse (the purple wire of attached to rear chassis must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit). Or, you can manually select the camera video input.