About the JVC KD-R860BT
Smart receiver for your smartphone
Smart receiver for your smartphone
JVC's KD-R860BT receiver provides a whole lot of media options, such as super-clean CD playback, a front USB input for charging devices and playing your music files, and Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming. You can run the show from the receiver's controls or with the included wireless remote. If you're into radio, these controls also let you pull in your favorite local AM/FM stations, as well as Pandora® and iHeartRadio® Internet Radio stations.
Bluetooth serves as a wireless bridge between your smartphone and this JVC. Pairing them up is painless, and once it's done, you'll be able to take hands-free calls, stream stored music from your phone, and access Internet music. iPhone® users can even communicate with Siri without picking up the phone.
If you enjoy Pandora and iHeartRadio Internet radio on your smartphone, the KD-R860BT enables you to scroll through your stations, bookmark songs, and give a thumbs-up or thumbs-down directly from the receiver. Load JVC's Smart Music Control app for your Android® and you get access to your receiver's settings, EQ, and sources right from your smartphone. You can also play and control select Android phones that are plugged into the front-panel USB port using the receiver's built-in AOA (Android Open Accessory 2.0).
Added cool stuff
The front-panel USB port on the KD-R860BT keeps your smartphone charged, even when it's doing several tasks at once. Music Drive allows you to connect a memory card reader or USB hub to the receiver's USB input, then select music from up to five memory cards or USB flash drives. You can also connect just about any portable audio player to this car stereo's front aux input.
Once you're playing what you want, shape your sound with the onboard 3-band parametric equalizer. If you're adding amplifiers or a powered subwoofer, the two sets of 2.5-volt preamp outputs provide you the clean signal you need to get a more powerful soundstage.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with USB flash drives loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV music files
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- detachable face with 14-digit LCD single-line display with blue button illumination
- remote control
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Android Open Accessory (AOA) 2.0 enables control and charging of select Android devices (Android version 4.1 and higher) using the USB connection
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control and charging capability
- Pandora and iHeartRadio Internet radio control with iPhone and Android
- Siri Eyes Free voice control with compatible iPhones
- 3-band parametric equalizer with 12 EQ presets
- loudness and bass boost controls
- subwoofer low-pass filter, phase, and level control
- Digital Track Expander improves the sound of heavily compressed music files
- Music Drive lets you select audio from multiple flash drives or memory cards in a connected USB hub or memory card reader
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary input and USB port with sliding cover
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt front, rear/sub)
Other Features and Specs:
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KD-R860BT
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (RM-RK52)
- CR2025 3V Lithium battery (installed)
- Microphone with integrated bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Face fixing screw
- Instruction Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty Information
- "Caution!" note (attached to wiring harness)
- Face Fixing screw note
JVC KD-R860BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KD-R860BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2.5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV|
Bluetooth Technology: The JVC KD-R860BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (version 2.1+EDR/3.0), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.4 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JVC KD-R860BT. Check here for the latest Bluetooth compatibility information.
Secure Simple Pairing (SSP) + Auto Pairing (via USB): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the JVC KD-R860BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can pair up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices to the JVC head unit, but only one can be used at a time. You can even pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5+) or Android smartphone (running JVC Music Play App) by simply connecting it to the JVC head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. And thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the KD-R860BT provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The controls of the KD-R860BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (with mounting bracket) featuring adjustable gain, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's front-panel controls, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately or after 1-30 seconds. The KD-R860BT also supports the Call Waiting function, so you can answer another incoming call while suspending the current call you are on. Your compatible cell-phone must also support this feature.
- Dialing A Number: Using the KD-R860BT, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's front-panel rotary dial.
- Preset Dialing: You can store up to 6 contacts in the memory of this unit for speed dialing.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the KD-R860BT.You can search through your contacts alphabetically (A-Z) or numerically (0-9). Up to 400 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 each).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level and noise cancellation of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.505" (depth).
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ AAC): The JVC KD-R860BT supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player, plus song/artist information display and support for AAC music streaming.
- Stored Music & Music Apps: You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the JVC KD-R860BT for playback.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the KD-R860BT offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the KD-R860BT offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Basic Playback Control: You can use the front-panel controls of the KD-R860BT to operate basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music & music apps; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat (not compatible with all apps). Advanced music control of your stored music and music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone.
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When paired to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the JVC KD-R860BT has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel control and external microphone. Simply press the "phone command" button on the KD-R860BT to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the head unit and its microphone. You can even ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Bluetooth; the head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the KD-R860BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
iPhone Direct Connection: The JVC KD-R860BT's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. Simply use the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone device or a 3rd party Apple certified cable (sold separately). The KD-R860BT supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music and music apps to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 16-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB. The JVC head unit supports audio playback of stored music, music apps, and podcasts on your iPod or iPhone.
- Control Modes: The JVC KD-R860BT offers two control modes for
iPod/iPhone audio playback.
- Head Unit Control: From the head unit's front-panel controls you can search for stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, and Composer. The contents of a Playlist or Category can be searched alphabetically (A-Z) or numerically (0-9). The KD-R860BT also supports Repeat (file/all) and Random (album/all) playback functions of stored music on your iPod/iPhone. In addition, you'll be able to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from stored music and select music apps streamed to your iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen in this mode in order to access other applications; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- iPod/iPhone Control: The iPod/iPhone Mode lets you control your older iPod/iPhone (iOS 5.1.1 and earlier) from its clickwheel or touchscreen. You'll still have access to basic playback controls (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) from the head unit, but advanced navigation functions will be locked.
- Song/Artist Info: During Head Unit Mode, the KD-R860BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information such as Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album title. No song/artist information is displayed in iPod/iPhone mode; the unit will simply display "iPod/iPhone Mode".
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The JVC KD-R860BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 12/8/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||Pandora/iHeart Radio||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Android Connectivity: The JVC KD-R860BT's front-panel USB port also lets you connect your Android smartphone for music playback. JVC does not guarantee operation with all Android devices. There are 4 type of connection methods based on your type of Android smartphone, what content you want to listen to, and how you want to control it.
- Newer Android Smartphones (OS 4.1+):
for the most current list of compatible Android smartphones.
- Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0): The JVC KD-R860BT supports Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0), which lets you connect your Android (OS 4.1+) smartphone to the KD-R860BT's front-panel USB port and listen to stored music and music apps from your Android device through the JVC head unit. You'll be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. Other advanced music navigation will still be done from your Android smartphone's touchscreen. In this mode, the head unit will not display song/artist information; only "Audio Mode" will show up on display. You'll continue to view song/artist information from the Android device's touchscreen. You'll also still be able to access other functions and applications from your Android smartphone's touchscreen, while listening to music through the head unit. If you make a call or answer a call from your smartphone while listening to music in this mode, the music will pause until you are finished with the call and then start back up again.
- JVC Music Play App: Downloading the JVC Music Play app onto your Android (OS 4.1+) smartphone not only allows you to listen to stored music from your Android device through the JVC CD receiver connected via USB, but it also lets you browse your Android smartphone's music library from the head unit's front-panel controls. You can browse your store music library by Playlist, Artist, Song, Album, or Genre. You can also control Play/Pause and Previous/Next track from the head unit. In addition, the head unit will display song/artist information. You can exit the JVC Music Play app to access other functions and applications of your Android smartphone, while your stored music library is still playing through your head unit. If you make a call or answer a call from your smartphone while listening to music in this mode, the music will pause until you are finished with the call and then start back up again.
- Older Android Smartphones (Froyo 2.2 or Gingerbread 2.3):
- Mass Storage Class (MSC): If you own an older Android smartphone which is running the Froyo 2.2 or Gingerbread 2.3 operating system, then the JVC KD-R860BT head unit will recognize your USB-connected Android device as a USB mass storage class (MSC) device, similar to a USB thumbdrive. You'll be able to scroll through music folders and music files, as well as operate basic playback like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track from the head unit's front-panel controls; advanced music navigation is not supported. The head unit will also display song/artist information in this mode. You cannot access music apps in this mode.
- JVC Music Control App: By downloading the free JVC Music Control onto your older Android smartphone (Froyo 2.2/Gingerbread 2.3), you'll be able to browse your stored music by artist name or album name. The JVC Music Control app also analyzes all of your songs that are in your Android smartphone, and creates a playlist according to your mood. Once the application has completed the analysis of the songs, simply select your current mood, and this application will generate a list of songs that best fits your mood. You cannot access music apps in this mode.
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected Android smartphone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your Android device has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Internet Radio Apps (for iPhone/Android): The JVC KD-R860BT allows you to access Pandora and iHeartRadio online music services through your USB-connected iPhone or Bluetooth-connected Android smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the KD-R860BT via the 30-pin or Lightning cable supplied with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support A2DP/ AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the JVC KD-R860BT. Your iPhone or Android smartphone device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App: The free Pandora App (either from Apple's App Store or Google Play) lets you play music from your Pandora music service account through the JVC KD-R860BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 7.0+) or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone. The JVC KD-R860BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically. New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up/thumbs down and bookmark them on your Pandora account.
- iHeartRadio Link: The free iHeartRadio Link app for JVC (either from Apple's App Store or Google Play) lets you play music from your iHeartRadio music service account through the JVC KD-R860BT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+), or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone (2.2+). The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). The KD-R860BT will provide control over the iHeartRadio Link app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information. From the head unit's front-panel controls, iHeartRadio stations can be searched by the following categories (Local, Genre, City, or My Stations). The Local selection provides a list of radio stations in your local listening area. The unit also provides over 22 Genres to choose from (including pop, country, hip-hop, jazz, etc.) to help you find the right radio station for you. In addition, you can search for radio stations by City. Cities can be searched alphabetically. You can even store your favorite stations (My Stations) for easier, quicker access.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The JVC KD-R860BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store a total of 18 FM stations presets and 6 AM station presets. The radio allows you to set your AM/FM stations manually or automatically. You can also switch the tuner's IF filter to Wide or Auto to increase/decrease the sensitivity. If an analog FM stereo broadcast is hard to receive, you can manually switch the tuner to Mono operation.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- Radio Timer: The head unit's Radio Timer features lets you tune into a preset station at a specific time regardless of the head unit's current source (you can activate the Radio Timer once, daily, or turn it completely off).
Note: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit also supports playback of MP3 & WMA music files loaded onto CD-R/RW discs.
- Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
- Disc Protection: If the ejected disc is not removed within 20 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust. The source will change to CD, and the disc will begin playback, even if you have another source selected at the time.
Note: For proper disc playback you must install the unit within 30-degrees of horizontal.
Front-Panel USB Port: The JVC KD-R860BT features a front-panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-out cover. The USB port enables connection of select USB thumbdrives, select Android smartphones (see Android section above), and select Apple iPod/iPhone devices (see iPhone section above). You can insert a USB thumbdrive into the head unit's USB port for playback of a variety MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV of music files stored on the USB mass storage class device.
- Music Drive: When a mass storage class (MSC) compatible smartphone (like Android with Froyo/Gingerbread OS) is connected to the head unit's USB input, the unit's Music Drive features lets you select its internal memory or external memory (such as an SD card) for stored music playback. The Music Drive feature also lets you switch between multiple memory cards (up to 5) in a USB multi-card reader or multiple USB thumbdrives (up to 5) connected to a USB hub.
- JVC Playlist Creator: JVC Playlist Creator is a free Windows-based desktop software that helps organize, manage and transfer MP3/WMA music files to your USB (MSC) device from your Windows PC (XP/Vista/7). When you playback audio files that have been stored on your USB (MSC) device using JVC Playlist Creator through the KD-R860BT, you can search a file by song title, album name, artist name, or genre using the head unit's Quick Search function. The JVC Playlist Creator is a Windows-based software that can be downloaded for free from JVC's website to your PC.
Note: USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Compatible Music Files: The JVC KD-R860BT supports the following types of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV files recorded onto CD-R/RW discs or loaded onto a USB thumbdrive or other USB mass storage class devices.
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1 or 2, Romeo, Joliet, or Windows long file name||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||
MP3: bit rate of 8-320kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 8-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz
WAV (USB only): bit rate of 8- or 16-bit
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||999 folders/20,480 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||ID3 tag (version 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA tag|
Playback & Search Functions: The JVC KD-R860BT offers a variety of playback and search functions to help you find and enjoy your music on disc and USB.
- Track/Folder List: The Track/Folder List displays a list of MP3/WMA/AAC folders and tracks on a loaded CD or USB device, so you can easily access your music.
- Repeat: Track Repeat (plays the current track repeatedly), Folder Repeat (plays all tracks of the current folder repeatedly), Off (cancels repeat function)
- Random: Folder Random (plays all tracks of the current folder, then the tracks of the next folder in random), All Random (plays all tracks of the current disc at random), Off (cancels random function)
- Resume: If you change the source, playback also stops (without ejecting the disc or USB device). Next time you select CD or USB for the playback source, the player will start from where it has been stopped previously.
Front-Panel Auxiliary Input: A front-panel stereo minijack is provided to allow the connection of almost any portable audio source with a 3.5mm headphone output. Simply connect your portable digital music player to the unit's front-panel auxiliary input, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system.
MOSFET Amplifier: The JVC KD-R860BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KD-R860BT are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 total watts)
Note: When you are using the KD-R860BT with factory speakers (or those rated to less than 50 watts peak), the Amplifier Gain Control can limit the amount of power being sent to those speakers. When the Amp Gain Control is set to "low," the volume control ranges from 0 (minimum) to 30 (maximum). When using speakers rated higher than 50 watts peak, you can set the Amp Gain Control to "high," and the volume control will range from 0 to 50.
Pro EQ: The KD-R860BT is equipped with JVC's Pro EQ. The integrated equalizer offers 12 preset sound modes (Flat, Hard Rock, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Talk, Vocal Boost, Bass Boost, Classical, Dance, User 1, and User 2) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User modes allow you to manually adjust the head unit's 3-band parametric EQ (Frequency, Level, and Q-Factor).
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 200 Hz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5 kHz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||0.75, 1.0, 1.25|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||Fixed|
Note: You can store EQ Pro bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (Disc, Tuner, Aux, USB, iPod/iPhone, Android, Bluetooth, and Pandora/iHeart Radio).
2.5V/4CH Preamp Output: The KD-R860BT is equipped with two pair of 2.5V preamp outputs (Front, Rear/SW). You can set the Rear/SW preamp outputs for connecting a pair of full-range rear speakers (through an external amplifier) or for connecting a subwoofer (through an external amplifier). When set for rear speakers, the rear outputs operate with the unit's fader control. When set for subwoofer, the outputs are non-fading.
Subwoofer Controls: When the unit's Rear/SW preamp output is set to Subwoofer, you can set the cutoff frequency of the low-pass filter at 55Hz, 85Hz, or 120Hz. You can also adjust the subwoofer phase between 180° (reverse) or 0° (normal). In addition, you can adjust the head unit's subwoofer level between -8 and +8 (separate from the main volume level).
Audio Enhancements: The JVC KD-R860BT offers the following audio adjustments to enhance your music listening experience.
- Digital Track Expander: The digital Track Expander automatically enhances compressed music files and restores the original richness of the recording.
- Bass Boost: The unit's Bass Boost enhances low bass frequencies.
- Loud (Loudness): This feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level.
- Volume Adjust: The input level of each source (other than FM) is adjustable relative to the FM radio volume, so there isn't a significant volume difference when changing sources. Each source is individually adjustable from -5 to +5.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Detachable Face: The JVC KD-R860BT features a detachable face to deter theft. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired. No face case is included with this unit. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit.
Single-Line LCD w/ Fixed Illumination: The head unit features a 14-segment, one-line LCD with white back-lit text and blue button illumination (fixed). Adjustable brightness and dimmer settings are available for the LCD and button illumination.
- Brightness: The unit offers a daytime and nighttime brightness settings for the LCD and button illumination. You can adjust the brightness level of each manually from 0-31.
- Dimmer: The unit's dimmer control can be set automatically or manually; select "Off" for daytime brightness setting, "On" for nighttime brightness setting, or "Auto" which switches between day and nighttime brightness setting automatically when you turn off/on the headlights (orange/white wire of harness must be connected to headlamp circuit).
Day & Time: The unit displays a 12-or 24-hour clock, as well as the day (Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat). The day & time can be selected to remain on, even if the head unit is switched off (as long as the vehicle's key is in the accessory or start position).
Smart Music Control App (for Android): JVC's Smart Music Control App lets you view the current status and perform simple gesture or voice control of the JVC head unit from your Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone (2.3+). The Smart Music Control App uses Bluetooth to communicate between your Android smartphone and the CD receiver; the head unit will auto connect to the Smart Music Control app when your Smartphone is in range. The Smart Music Control app is specifically designed for easy gesture control or voice command operation while driving, so driver and passenger can access information with ease from the Android Smartphone. With the Smart Music Control App, passenger and driver can check current playing song details or other car stereo information.
- Voice & Gesture Control: The JVC Smart Music Control
App offers easy-to-use voice commands and gesture controls to operate the
JVC in-dash receiver from your compatible Android smartphone.
- Voice Command: The JVC Smart Music Control App lets you operate certain head unit functions by voice commands. Voice commands include - Change Source, Search for Song/Artist/Album, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, Preset Select, or Call Stored Contact.
- Gesture Control: The JVC Smart Music Control App lets you use finger gesture commands on your Android smartphone to control music playback of the JVC head unit. This type of gesture control is designed to operate the JVC head unit from your smartphone without having to look at your smartphone. Gesture control operations include Finger tap, Finger hold, Finger click, Finger swipe (right/left/up/down), and Finger curve (right/left/up/down).
- Music Library & Music Apps: From the JVC Smart Music Control App you can access your music library stored on your Android smartphone. Music apps like Pandora, iHeart Radio, etc.. which you have already downloaded on your phone can also be added to the Smart Music Control App, so you have access to your online music as well from one easy-to-use application.
- EQ & Mood Settings: The JVC Smart Music Control app
analyzes all of your songs that are stored in your Android smartphone's
music library and creates a playlist according to your mood. Once the
application has completed the analysis of the songs, simply move the "mood
ball" within the app to your current mood, and this application will
generate a list of songs that most fits your mood.
You can also make sound adjustments with the app's built-in 5 preset equalizer. You can even create and save 3 of your own EQ settings.
- Phone: You can store your favorite contacts (up to 32) within the Smart Music Control app. Once your contacts are stored within the app, you can either tap on a contact name/number to dial it or speak a command to dial the saved contact name/number.
- Navigation Voice Prompts: You can launch Google Maps from the Smart Music Control App on your and Android smartphone and enter a destination. Navigation voice prompts will interrupt your music and play through your car speakers when using the Smart Music Control App; visual map data will still be displayed on the smartphone device.
- Information Display: The JVC Smart Music Control App will also display the head unit's source information, such as song/artist information and station identification. In addition, it provides EQ information display.
Note: The JVC Smart Music Control App can be used in either Portrait mode or Landscape mode on your compatible Android smartphone.
Wireless Remote Control: The KD-R860BT comes supplied with a wireless remote control (RM-RK52). The remote contains Power, Attenuator, Sound, Source, Tracking, and Volume functions. The remote operates off of a single CR2025 3V Lithium-cell battery (included).
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
The JVC KD-R860BT replaces these items
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free and audio streaming
- front USB port compatible with MP3, WMA, and WAV audio files
- Pandora and iHeartRadio control with iPhone and Android
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming — full-time connection to two phones at once
- built-in iPod control and USB connection to Android phones
- compatible with Sirius XM satellite radio tuner
8 questions already asked