About the JVC KD-X560BT
A cool video display
A cool video display
JVC packs a nifty 3" color screen into their marine-rated KD-X560BT digital media receiver for easy source control and for monitoring an optional rear-view cam. A front USB input makes it quick and easy to access your favorite music files, and built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music from your smartphone. When it comes to installation, JVC built the KD-X560BT with a chassis under 5" deep to fit more locations in your Jeep, convertible, or boat than your average DIN powersports receiver.
Add more entertainment
Incorporate an optional SiriusXM tuner (not included) and dial in your favorite satellite radio programming even when you're miles from shore or deep in the wilderness.
Boost your sound
The KD-X560BT sports three sets of preamp outputs so you'll have lots of options for building up your system with outboard amps and subs.
JVC adds a conformal coating to protect this radio's electronic circuits from moisture to ensure your music can't be stopped, season after season.
Rear-view camera input
Backup cams are so handy, even in a boat or UTV. JVC equips this receiver with a rear-view camera input so you can add a view of what's behind you with an optional camera (not included).
Add control to your radio elsewhere in the boat with JVC's wired remote control (not included).
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- marine digital media receiver
- 3" TFT color LCD screen
- built-in Bluetooth® for music streaming
- plays MP3, WAV, WMA, and FLAC (96 kHz/24 bit) music files
- conformal coated circuitry
- covered USB input
- 13-band EQ
- high-pass filter/low-pass filter
- time alignment (improves stereo image at driver's seat)
- inputs: front aux input; front USB input; rear camera input
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, and sub)
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- wired remote (RM-RK62M, sold separately)
- wireless remote (RM-RK258, sold separately)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KD-X560BT
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (15A fuse)
- Face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring
- Power harness Speaker harness
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- 6 Pan-head ISO-screws
- 6 Counter-sunk ISO-screws
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Information
More details on the JVC KD-X560BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|High-res Playback||FLAC (96kHz)|
Marine/MotorSports Series: The JVC KD-X560BT is part of JVC's Marine/MotorSports Series line-up of digital multimedia receivers which employ an antirust coating to protect the units from the harsh marine environment; making them optimal for outdoor applications such as all-terrain vehicles, motorcycles, and boats.
- Conformal Coating: The KD-X560BT's conformal coating is a protective chemical coating to safeguard electronic circuits from harsh environments that may contain moisture or chemical contaminants. It provides a barrier to airborne contaminants from the operating environment, such as salt-spray, thus preventing corrosion.
- Optional Marine Cover: Even though the conformal coating makes the receiver water-resistant, it is still recommended that it be used with a universal marine cover (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Note: Do not install the unit in a spot exposed to direct sunlight or excessive heat or humidity. Also avoid places with too much dust or the possibility of water splashing.
3" Color Display: The JVC KD-X560BT digital multimedia receiver is equipped with a 3' color QVGA (320 x 24) video display. The 3" color LCD will play back video from a connected USB MSC device and display song/artist/album information from a USB, iPod/iPhone, or Bluetooth audio source. You can even view album art from USB and iPod/iPhone devices.
- Display Settings: You can select between a Blue or Black wallpaper (background). You can also choose between 3 brightness levels.
- Date & Time: The unit offers a Date & Time display. The time is displayed on all source screens (not menu screens). The date is only displayed when selected. The date & time are not visible when the unit is turned off.
- Video Lockout: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (attached to rear-chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle is stopped with the parking brake is engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata (including album art).
Note: The 3" video display is not a touchscreen.
Detachable Face: The JVC KD-X560BT features a detachable face to deter theft. No face case is included with this unit. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit.
Remote Control: The JVC KD-X560BT offers support for JVC's wireless and wired remote controls, as well as compatibility with select steering wheel control adapters (sold separately).
- Optional Wireless Remote: The KD-X560BT can be controlled wirelessly from JVC's RM-RK52 IR remote control (sold separately; not available at Crutchfield).
- Optional Wired Remote: The JVC receiver features a wired remote input wire (blue/yellow) which allows you to connect an optional JVC marine wired remote (105RMRK62M, sold separately).
- Optional Steering Wheel Control Adapter: The head unit features a steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Bluetooth Technology: The JVC KD-X560BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 3.0, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile) & PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) & AVRCP 1.5 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JVC KD-X560BT. Check here for the latest Bluetooth compatibility information.
Simple Secure Pairing (SSP): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the JVC KD-X560BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. Only one device can be paired and connected to the head unit at a time. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The controls of the KD-X560BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (with mounting bracket) so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's front-panel controls.
- Dialing A Number: Using the KD-X560BT, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways -
- Phone Book: You can download phone book data from your mobile phone to the digital media receiver. You can then dial a contact within the phonebook from the head unit's front-panel controls.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls.
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone once you have activated the voice dialing function from the head unit's front-panel.
Note: The receiver does not support manual entry of a phone number. You will still need to use your phone to manually enter a phone umber.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The JVC KD-X560BT supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player, plus song/artist information display. You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the JVC KD-X560BT for playback.
- Control: You can operate Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind and Previous/Next Track from the head unit's front-panel controls. You can also browse your Bluetooth source device's music library by categories (such as Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc). AAdvanced music browsing is supported by Android 4.0+ smartphones and Apple iPhones 5.0+ (specific advanced functions vary by phone).
- Display: The unit will display song/artist/album information of music stored on your Bluetooth source device and select music apps streamed to your Bluetooth device. There is no album art display during a Bluetooth audio playback.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
USB MSC Playback: The JVC KD-X560BT features front-panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden by a flip-out cover. The USB port enables connection of a USB mass storage class (MSC) device; like a USB thumbdrive. You can insert a compatible USB MSC device into the head unit's USB port for playback, control, and song/artist display of a variety of music files.
- Control:The Track/Folder List displays a list of music folders and tracks on an inserted USB device so you can easily access your music. The unit also offers Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Random playback functions. If you change the source, playback also stops (without ejecting the USB device). Next time you select USB for the playback source, the player will start from where it has been stopped previously.
- Display: The KD-X560BT will display song/artist/album information (including album art) from compatible music files on a connected USB MSC device
- Charging: USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB ports (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support Android devices, USB hubs, or USB card-readers.
Compatible Music Files: The JVC KD-X560BT supports the following types of music files loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||USB (MSC)|
|File System||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
MP3/AAC: bit rate of 8-320kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48kHz
|Video||AVI, H.264, MPEG 1/2/4, MKV|
|Photo||JPEG, PNG, BMP|
|Max # Of Folder/Files||250 folders/5,000 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA/AAC/FLAC/WAV-tags, & Album Art|
Note: Video and photo files can only be displayed if you have the reciever's Parking Brake (light green) wire connected to your vehicles's parking brake wire and the vehicle is stopped with the parking brake is engaged.
iPhone Direct Connection: The JVC KD-X560BT's front-panel USB port can be used to connect a Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit (see chart below for compatibility). The KD-X560BT supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device. You can use JVC's Lightning-to-USB cable (105KSU62, sold separately) or the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KD-X560BT.
- Control: From the head unit's front-panel controls you can search for stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, and Composer. The contents of a Playlist or Category will be listed alphabetically. The KD-X560BT also supports Repeat (file/all) and Random (album/all) playback functions of stored music on your iPod/iPhone. In addition, you'll be able to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from stored music and select music apps streamed to your Apple iPod/iPhone. You can also choose to control your Apple iPhone or iPod touch from its own touchscreen, instead of the head unit.
- Display: The KD-X560BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information such as Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album title. It will even display album art from your stored music library and select music apps.
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The JVC KD-X560BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 4/5/2019):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- Not compatible with older Apple iPod/iPhone 30-pin devices.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The JVC KD-X560BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store a total of 15 FM stations presets and 5 AM station presets. The radio allows you to set your AM/FM stations manually or automatically. The Local Seek function can be turned On/Off to increase or decrease the tuner's sensitivity. If an analog FM stereo broadcast is hard to receive, you can manually switch the tuner to Mono operation.
- US or European Tuning: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
Aux Input: A front-panel stereo minijack is provided to allow the connection of almost any portable audio source with a 3.5mm headphone output. Simply connect your portable digital music player to the unit's front-panel auxiliary input, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system.
Note: The unit's Aux input does not support video.
Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear-view (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). By connecting a rear view camera, you can use the in-dash receiver's 3" LCD to see what's behind you when backing up. The video from the rear-view camera connection can be set to display when the receiver is switched to this input manually or automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The purple/white wire (attached to rear chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.9 seconds.
- The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
- There are no parking guide lines.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The JVC KD-X560BT in-dash digital media receiver utilizes a 24-bit (DAC (digital-to-analog converter) for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The JVC KD-X560BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KD-X560BT are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 45 watts x 4 channels (380 total watts)
5ch/2V Preamp Outputs: The JVC KD-X560BS features stereo front, stereo rear and mono subwoofer 2-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable.
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: You are able to select independent high pass crossovers for your front speakers and rear speakers, as well as a low pass crossover for the head unit's sub output.
- Front & Rear: Independently set high pass filter (HPF) for front & rear speakers.
- Frequency: 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB/Oct, -12dB/Oct, -18dB/Oct, -24dB/Oct
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Sub: Set low pass filter (LPF) for the sub output.
- Frequency: 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB/Oct, -12dB/Oct, -18dB/Oct, -24dB/Oct
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
Equalizer: With 10-Preset EQ patterns to choose from, it's easy to create the sound you like, based on musical genre or your personal preference. What's more, with 13-band Graphic EQ you can set the levels of Bass, Mid and High individually to finely adjust the sound and further optimize your listening environment.
- 10-Preset EQ Patterns: Choose from Hard Rock, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Classical, DRVN, Flat, or User. DRVN preset helps you hear your music over road noise by boosting certain frequencies ranges that becomes hard to hear due to road noise. The User mode allows you to manuall adjust the unit's 13-band graphic EQ.
- 13-Band Graphic EQ: The 13-band graphic EQ consists of 62.5, 100, 160, 250, 400, 650, 1k, 1.6, 2.5, 4k, 6.3k, 10k, and 16k frequencies that can be manually adjusted.
DTA (Digital Time Alignment): By setting the time delay on each speaker, the receiver will automatically adjust the timing of the sound output from each of the speakers so that the sound from each of the speakers will arrive exactly at the same time to the listening position. You can select the distance or delay for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position.
Loudness & Bass Boost: The Loudness feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level. The unit's Bass Boost enhances low bass frequencies at any volume level.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
2 questions already asked