About the JVC KV-PG10 ODB2 Port Adapter
Sure, wireless CarPlay is a great resource, but it can require some serious time and effort tying into your vehicle's speed-sense wire. JVC's KV-PG10 adapter connects to your speed-sense wire through your vehicle's ODB2 port, giving you the convenience of wireless CarPlay and more accurate GPS locations for your navigation apps. This adapter is not needed if your wiring harness or OEM adapter includes a speed pulse connection. The adapter works with select JVC radios with wireless Apple CarPlay.
- provides the vehicle speed pulse connection required by wireless Apple CarPlay
- works with select JVC radios with wireless CarPlay
- not needed if your wiring harness includes a speed pulse connection
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KV-PG10
What's in the box:
- OBD-II speed pulse generator module
- 4' OBD-II harness
- 17" Power/ground harness (1A fuse)
- 17" Speed pulse wire
JVC KV-PG10 ODB2 Port Adapter reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KV-PG10 ODB2 Port Adapter
OBD-II Speed Pulse Generator: The JVC OBD-II Speed Pulse Generator (KV-PG10) is designed specifically for installing JVC receivers with Wireless Apple CarPlay in 2008-up vehicles, since Wireless Apple CarPlay now requires a vehicle speed pulse connection. The KV-PG10 converts digital speed data of your vehicle to pulse waveform for communication with a compatible JVC receiver. Once installed, the KV-PG10 helps to provide a more accurate GPS location when using Wireless CarPlay navigation apps; such as Apple Maps, Google Maps, or Waze.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay will not work without a vehicle speed pulse connection.
- If you are using a radio replacement interface with a vehicle speed pulse wire, you will not need the KV-PG10. Instead of using the KV-PG10, you'll hardwire the JVC receiver's speed pulse wire to the speed pulse wire of the radio replacement interface module.
- Alternatively, you can also hardwire the JVC receiver's speed pulse wire to your vehicle's speed pulse wire (this method is much more time consuming and requires more installation experience).
Compatibility: The OBD-II Speed Pulse Generator (KV-PG10) is compatible with select 2008-up vehicles and JVC receivers that offer Wireless CarPlay. Compatible JVC receivers include the KW-V950BW and KW-M855BW. It is pre-programmed to automatically work with the compatible JVC receiver and vehicle once its installed properly.
- Not all vehicles 2008 to present will support the JVC OBD-II Speed Pulse Generator (KV-PG10)
- If a diagnostic tool is already being used on the vehicle's OBD-II port, the KV-PG10 cannot be added in parallel.
Simple Installation: The KV-PG10 features an OBD-II connector harness and simple 3-wire installation.
- OBD-II Connector: Plugs into your vehicle's OBD-II port.
- Power Wire (Red): Hardwires to the +12V accessory/switched wire (red) of the JVC receiver's harness; a 1A fuse is pre-installed on this wire.
- Ground Wire (Black): Hardwires to the ground wire (black) of the JVC receiver's harness.
- Speed Pulse Output (Purple/White): Hardwires to the speed sense wire (pink) of the JVC receiver's harness.
1 question already asked