About the JVC KW-AV70BT
Awesome detachable touchscreen
Awesome detachable touchscreen
Maximize your screen, baby — the 7" display on JVC's KW-AV70BT DVD receiver gives you plenty of touchscreen real estate to play your iPod, run apps, and access your Pandora® Internet Radio stations. You'll see plenty of info at a glance, plus gain easy touchscreen control over your in-dash entertainment. If you find the lights distracting, you can set the screen to stay black until your hand approaches, activating the display. Plus you can detach the face and take it with you for safe-keeping — a rarity for a screen this size.
Listen to iPhone® apps, plus enjoy basic control
If apps are your thing, you iPhone lovers can use the KW-AV70BT's beautiful screen to enjoy them in your car. With your iPhone connected, you can get basic control over audio apps like Mog and Tunein — basic functions like play/pause or track up/down. You can also view the info from Inrix traffic and other useful driving apps.
Play your Pandora® stations in the car
JVC makes it easy for you to take your Pandora stations on the road. Just plug in your iPhone® to the KW-AV70BT's rear USB input and you'll have touchscreen control over Pandora right in your dash. Plus you'll see artist and song info on the big display.
Powerful GPS app for iPhone
You can use your iPhone to put the most up-to-date maps available in your dash. When you download the MotionX-GPS Drive app and connect your iPhone with JVC's KS-U30 cable (not included), you'll be able to see maps and live traffic reports on the KW-AV70BT's screen. You'll still need to access your iPhone, however, so it's a good idea to turn over control to a passenger, or consider adding an iPhone mount.
Unlike factory navigation systems, points of interest (POIs) are integrated with Wikipedia and Facebook, giving you more accurate search results than with preloaded navigation. Throw in live traffic and live map updates, and you'll have the most accurate navigation system on the planet. At 99 cents for the app, plus $19.99 for a year's subscription for voice guidance and live traffic, it's a fantastic value, too.
Bluetooth in your car is better than ever — especially when you team it up with a sweet 7" touchscreen. Pair up your compatible phone, and you'll be able to talk hands-free, place outgoing calls, and even get a heads up when someone sends you a text message. Plus, you can stream music from your phone or other Bluetooth device, including the audio from your favorite apps.
Great for your digital music
Once you plug your iPod or iPhone into the USB input, you can use this JVC's responsive touchscreen to tap your way through all your tunes and playlists. If you're not an iPod user, you can load up a USB drive or a recordable disc with digital files — it's easy to fit hundreds of tracks on either one, and you can still dive in using the touchscreen.
— over 15 million songs, available instantly
MOG is an award-winning online music service with one of the largest and best-sounding streaming catalogs in the industry. It's the only service to offer all of its music in the 320 kbps MP3 format — that higher bit rate translates to better sound. In fact, we use it frequently in the Crutchfield Labs to test high-end audio gear. MOG's "Primo" service ($9.99/month) gives you unlimited, ad-free access to their extensive music library of over 15 million songs on a wide range of devices including Sonos® and Logitech® Squeezebox™ network music players, Samsung TVs, your computer, iPad®, iPhone®, and Android™ devices. Just pair your iPhone to this JVC receiver, and you can control the music and view artist/song info on the JVC's screen.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this JVC stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the JVC, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver.
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM tuner
- built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 7" motorized touchscreen with detachable face
- included Bluetooth adapter for hands-free calling and music streaming
- Pandora control via iPhone, plus basic control over many audio apps
- colors can be adjusted separately for background, text, and buttons (30,000 choices)
- proximity sensor activates controls as your hand approaches the screen
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- optional wireless remote
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- 3-band parametric EQ, high-pass/low-pass filters
- dual-zone capability
- iPod control: JVC KS-U30 cable required for full access to audio/video content
- works with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear 1-amp USB input, rear A/V input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: video output; 5-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, mono sub)
What's in the box:
- Double-DIN AM/FM DVD receiver (10-amp fuse inserted in chasis)
- Detachable 7" touchscreen monitor (inside soft carry pouch)
- Sleeve (installed) Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- 6.5' Parking brake wire (light green)
- KS-UBT1 USB Bluetooth adapter (installed in front-panel USB port)
- Microphone with integrated bracketed (attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- Soft carry pouch
- 8 Pan head ISO-mount machine screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 4 Flat head ISO-mount machine screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Red wire splice tap (18-22 gauge)
- Rubber boot
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Rear-support stud (with flat-washer/lock-nut attached)
- Instructions (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Installation/Connection Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- US warranty information
- Canada warranty information
- Product Registration Card/Questionnaire
- "Caution" note (taped to wiring harness)
- "Before Installation" note (taped to chassis)
- "Caution on cleaning the unit" note (attached to touchscreen monitor)
- iPhone/iPod Users note
- USB Bluetooth Adapter instructions
- "KS-UBT1 Caution" note
- Important Notice for Bluetooth Users
JVC KW-AV70BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KW-AV70BT
Features & specs
|Audio/video Input||Composite (rear)|
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Android Control||USB MSC protocol + Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP|
|Memory Card Slot||USB/SD memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||20 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, DivX|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Motorized Touchscreen Display: The JVC KW-AV70BT features a motorized 7" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 touchscreen monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. The touchscreen LCD serves as a video monitor, system information display and touchscreen control panel. The monitor electronically slides down for loading or ejecting a disc.
Angle Adjustment: The bottom of the touchscreen monitor can be tilted upward at seven different positions to provide the best visibility in your vehicle.
Detachable LCD Monitor: You can detach the touchscreen LCD monitor and place it in its supplied soft face case to prevent theft.
Proximity Sensor: The JVC KW-AV70BT features proximity sensors which allow the LCD touchscreen to illuminate when you move your hand close to the head unit's front-panel sensors or tap the touchscreen. The LCD touchscreen turns off when there is no operation for a preset time period. You can set the unit's motion sensitivity to Low or High.
Gesture Volume Control: Gesture Control lets you operate certain functions of the KW-AV70BT by making specific gesture commands on the unit's touchscreen. You can adjust the volume of the multimedia receiver by making a circular motion with your finger on the unit's touchscreen.
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the head unit's touchscreen monitor, the KW-AV70BT features hard-key controls along the bottom edge of the screen.
Display Design: You can change the color of the background, text, touchscreen buttons, and hard-key buttons. The color of the background, text, and buttons can be changed independently from one another.
- Background: The unit's background color can be changed to one of eight preset colors - blue, light blue, red, green, yellow, orange, violet, or white. You can also create a custom color using a combination (0-31) of red, green, and blue.
- Text: The unit's onscreen text can be changed to one of seven preset colors - blue, red, green, yellow, orange, violet, or white. You can also create a custom color using a combination (0-31) of red, green, and blue.
- Buttons: The unit's touchscreen and hard-key button color can be changed to one of eight preset colors - blue, light blue, red, green, yellow, orange, violet, or white. You can also choose to have the unit constantly scroll through all eight preset color. In addition, you can create a custom color using a combination (0-31) of red, green, and blue.
Note: You can save separate color settings for Daytime and Nighttime driving.
Custom Background Image: While playing a video or JPEG file, you can capture an image and use the captured image as your background. When using a JPEG file as the background, make sure that the resolution is 800 x 600 pixels. The color of the captured image may look different from that of the actual scene. You cannot capture copyrighted content and images from the iPod/iPhone.
Display Adjustment: You can adjust the brightness and black level of the unit's onscreen display. You can also adjust the contrast, color, tint, and detail level during video playback. The adjustment level for each setting is -15 to +15.
Selectable Aspect Modes: You can choose from four aspect modes for the in-dash display:
- Regular: For 4:3 source material, 4:3 and 16:9 pictures display with black bars on either side (16:9 images are compressed).
- Full: Expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height.
- Panorama: For viewing 4:3 pictures naturally on the unit's wide-screen display.
- Auto: The correct aspect mode is automatically chosen based on the incoming signal.
Adjustable Dimmer: When the illumination lead (orange/white) is connected and the dimmer set to Auto, the display will dim automatically when you turn on your vehicle's lights. The dimmer can also be set to Off (normal brightness at all times), On (display is always dimmed), or Dimmer Time Set (you program the time for the dimmer to turn off an on). The unit also features 3 dimmer levels to choose from - Bright, Middle, or Dark.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the displaying of video while the vehicle is in motion, the parking brake wire (light green) attached to the rear-chassis must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. While the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the other displays and menus.
Multi-Language Menu: There are ten options for the menu language; English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, and Russian.
2-DIN Chassis: The JVC KW-AV70BT has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to verify fit with your vehicle.
USB Bluetooth Adapter: The JVC KW-AV70BT comes supplied with a USB Bluetooth Adapter (KS-UBT1) which is pre-installed into the head unit's hidden front-panel USB input, making the KW-AV70BT Bluetooth 2.0 certified. The unit's hidden front-panel USB port is located behind the detachable touchscreen monitor. The KW-AV70BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication and wireless audio streaming. The USB Bluetooth Adapter (KS-UBT1) must remain plugged into the front-panel USB port. The front-panel USB port cannot be used for playback of USB memory devices.
Bluetooth Technology: Bluetooth is a two-way wireless communication system allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, as well as wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth enabled portable music player using the JVC in-dash multimedia receiver. Bluetooth wireless technology operates on a 2.4GHZ frequency band within a range of approximately 10 meters (about 33 feet).
Bluetooth Profiles: In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or digital audio player must be paired with KW-AV70BT before hands-free & wireless operation. You can register up to five Bluetooth enabled devices with the JVC head unit. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JVC head unit. See JVC's Bluetooth compatibility chart for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices.
External Microphone: The JVC KW-AV70BT includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the level of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.485" (depth). This unit does not offer an integrated front-panel microphone.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The touchscreen controls of the KW-AV70BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also features an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (front or all). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call within 5 seconds.
- Dialing a Number: Using the KW-AV70BT, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the KW-AV70BT, so you can then dial by using the downloaded phone book numbers. Up to 5,000 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. You can do an alphabetical search (A-Z) to find your desired contact.
- Call Log: The Call Log is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 each).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the parking brake.
SMS: If your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone is compatible with SMS (Short Message Service), the JVC head unit will notify you when a message has been received. You must then use your phone to check the message. You cannot read, edit, or send a message through this unit.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The JVC KW-AV70BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The KW-AV70BT will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, and Fast Forward/Rewind. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Song and Album title. The KW-AV70BT also supports audio streaming of music apps (such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker) , but without control or metadata. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view and control streaming music apps. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
AM/FM Tuner: The JVC KW-AV70BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning.
RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations,
Preset Tuning: You can store a total of 18 FM stations presets and 6 AM station presets. The radio allows you to set your AM/FM stations manually or automatically.
IF Filter: You can also switch the tuner's IF filter to Wide or Auto to increase/decrease the sensitivity.
Local: You can select this function to only tune in stations with sufficient signal strength.
Mono Mode: You can activate the monaural mode to improve FM reception, when a station is week. The stereo effect will be lost.
US/European Tuning: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
SiriusXM Ready: The JVC KW-AV70BT comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM & Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options & channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Disc Compatibility: The JVC KW-AV70BT supports the playback of the following disc types: DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R/RW, and Video CD. The touchscreen monitor electronically slides down for loading and ejecting discs.
SD-Card Slot: The JVC KW-AV70BT is equipped with a front-panel SD-card slot hidden behind the unit's motorized slid-down touchscreen monitor. The unit supports SD (up to 2GB) and SDHC (up to 32GB) memory cards loaded with MP3/WMA/WAV audio files, JPEG still-image files, and MPEG 1/2 video files.
MP3/WMA Playback: The KW-AV70BT can play MP3 (bitrate: 32-320 kbps), WMA (bitrate: 32-320 kbps), WAV (sampling freq: 44.1kHz) audio files recorded onto DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, and CD-R/RW discs; as well as SD/SDHC memory cards. MP3/WMA/WAV files must be formatted in ISO 9660 level or level 2, Romeo, or Joliet. The head unit can recognize a total of 5,000 files and 250 folders (a maximum of 999 files per folder). This unit will recognize a total of 25 characters for file/folder names. The KW-AV70BT can display ID3 Tags (ver. 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4) for MP3 files, as well as WAV/WMA Tag information.
MPEG/JPEG Playback: The JVC KW-AV70BT supports playback of JPEG still-image files (resolution: 32x32 - 8192x7680) and MPEG1/2 video files (maximum bit-rate: 4Mbps) recorded onto DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, and CD-R/RW discs; as well as SD/SDHC memory cards.
DivX Certified: The KW-AV70BT is DivX Certified to play DivX video files, including premium content, recorded onto CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R/RW discs.
Disc Resume: If you change the source, playback also stops (without ejecting the disc). Next time you select CD for the playback source, the disc will start from where it has been stopped previously.
Mounting: For proper disc playback you must install the unit within 30-degrees of horizontal.
USB Port: The JVC KW-AV70BT features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port on a 38" pigtail. This allows playback of MP3 (bitrate: 32-320 kbps), WMA (bitrate: 32-320 kbps), WAV (sampling freq: 44.1 kHz) audio files; JPEG (resolution: 32x32 - 8192x7680) still image files; and MPEG1/2 (maximum bitrate: 4 Mbps) video files stored on a USB mass storage device. For the unit to recognize the USB medium, it must be specified as a mass storage device formatted using FAT 12/16/32. The head unit can recognize a total of 5,000 files and 250 folders (a maximum of 999 files per folder). This unit will recognize a total of 50 characters for file/folder names. The KW-AV70BT can display ID3 Tags (ver. 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4) for MP3 files, as well as WAV/WMA Tag information. You can control basic playback functions; such as folder/file search, play/pause, and skip next/previous. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: This unit cannot recognize a USB device whose rating is other than 5V and exceeds 1A. You cannot connect a computer or portable HDD to the USB port of this unit. There is also a front-panel USB port hidden behind the unit's detachable touchscreen monitor. This USB port is used only for the pre-installed USB Bluetooth adapter. It cannot be used to connect a USB memory device.
Drive Change Mode (for BlackBerry and Android): JVC's Drive Change Mode lets you connect your Android or BlackBerry smartphone (that uses an external memory card) directly to the head unit, via USB. Drive Change Mode will let you switch between your Android or BlackBerry smartphone's internal and external memory (such as microSD Card), so you can listen to music stored on either memory. You'll continue to be able control basic playback functions; such as folder/file search, play/pause, and skip next/previous; regardless of memory type.
iPod/iPhone AV Playback: The optional JVC KS-U30 USB A/V Cable For iPod/iPhone (105KSU30, sold separately) allows you to playback and control audio/video from your iPod or iPhone on this JVC multimedia head unit. The cable features a proprietary Apple iPod dock connector on one end and a male composite video and male stereo audio RCA connectors on other end along with a USB type-A connector. The cable plugs into the unit's rear-panel AV input and USB port. To playback video, the KW-AV70BT's rear-panel Video Input must be set to "iPod" in the unit's menu. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park. You can also connect your iPod's USB/Docking cable to the unit's USB port for audio only playback from your iPod/iPhone. The head unit's rear-panel Audio Input must be set to "AV-IN", not "iPod".
Note: If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. These Apple devices only support audio playback (no video output).
iPod/iPhone DAC Bypass: Because the JVC KW-AV70BT uses its USB connection for audio & control transfer, your iPod/iPhone's stored music is loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality is maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal-to-Noise ratio up to 95dB. You can also choose to transfer the audio from your iPod/iPhone to the JVC KW-AV70BT via an analog connection using the KS-U30 USB A/V Cable's stereo RCA connector. This allows you to listen to DRM protected audio files. The head unit's rear-panel Audio Input must be set to "iPod".
iPod/iPhone Control: You can choose to control your iPod/iPhone from the JVC head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's touchscreen or clickwheel. The KW-AV70BT offers 3 control modes - Head Unit, iPod, and External.
- Head Unit: From the head unit's front-panel controls you can search for music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, and Audiobook. You can search video by Playlist, Movies, Music Videos, TV Shows, and Video Podcasts. Once a Playlist or Category is selected, the content is listed in alphabetical order. The KW-AV70BT also supports Repeat (file/all) and Random (album/all) playback functions of your iPod/iPhone.
- iPod: You can choose to navigate your iPod or iPhone's stored music and videos from its clickwheel or touchscreen, like you are accustomed to during normal usage.
- iPod Out: The iPod out mode displays the stored music playback menu of your iPod/iPhone on the JVC head unit's LCD touchscreen. You can control playback of your iPod's stored music by navigating the mirrored on-screen menu. The iPod out mode requires the JVC KSU-30 cable (sold separately). The iPod out mode does function for videos or apps.
- External (App Mode): External Mode lets you enjoy audio/video content from downloaded Apps (such as iHeartRadio, Netflix, or YouTube, etc..) streamed to your Apple iPhone, on the KW-AV70BT (using the JVC KSU-30 cable; sold separately). Audio content can be enjoyed from any iPhone. Video can only be output from the iPhone 4/4S. This mode offers no control of your iPhone. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to navigate your Apps. The External Mode's video function can only be accessed when the vehicle is in park and the hand-brake is fully engaged.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded application will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
Pandora App: The Pandora App (free) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the JVC KW-AV70BT using your connected Apple iPhone, via the USB/iPod connector cable (included with your iPhone) or the JVC KSU-30 cable (sold separately). The JVC KW-AV70BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list; you can sort the station list by date or A-Z. You can also skip song tracks within a station. In addition, you can also give songs a thumbs up/down and bookmark songs/artists. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS3 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
MotionX-GPS Drive Navigation Ready: The Motion X GPS Drive App is available from iTunes for your iPhone for only $0.99. There is a $2.99 per month subscription fee, or $19.99 per year is required for the Voice Guidance feature. MotionX-GPS Drive turns your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0 or later) and the JVC KW-AV70BT into a personal navigation device for your vehicle. Providing full navigation features and song playback control from your iPhone 4/4S, MotionX-GPS Drive also displays its map data on the connected JVC multimedia receiver's widescreen monitor (via the JVC KSU-30 cable, sold separately). Your iPhone 4/4S displays a choice of MotionX-GPS Driver's feature/menu screens as a secondary display (for passenger), while continuing to show the map on the JVC receiver. It even works simultaneously with iPhone 4/4S song playback by muting or pausing music, then restoring your volume during voice guidance through your car speakers. The MotionX-GPS Drive Navigation application covers the United States & Canada.
iPod/iPhone Display: The KW-AV70BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information of your stored music, regardless of control mode. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, Album label, and Album Art. Your iPod/iPhone's downloaded apps will not display on the unit's LCD monitor.
iPod/iPhone Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The JVC KW-AV70BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 10/16/2012):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Pandora App||Motion X GPS Drive App||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||App Mode||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
| clickwheel |
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The JVC KW-AV70BT utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The KW-AV70BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the KW-AV70BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the KW-AV70BT are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 20 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 total watts)
Amplifier Gain Control: When you are using the KW-AV70BT with factory speakers (or those rated to less than 50 watts peak), the Amplifier Gain Control can limit the amount of power being sent to those speakers. When the Amp Gain Control is set to low, the volume control ranges from 0 (minimum) to 30 (maximum). When using speakers rated higher than 50 watts peak, you can set the Amp Gain Control to high, and the volume control will range from 0 to 50. The internal amp can also be turned off when all the speakers are powered by outboard amplifiers.
5ch/4V Preamp Outputs: The KW-AV70BT is equipped with 5ch/4.0V preamp outputs (Front, Rear, Subwoofer). The front and rear preamp outputs allow fader control, while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading.
Subwoofer Control: You can adjust the KW-AV70BT's subwoofer level (-50 to +10) independently from the head unit's main volume control for added bass volume.
Built-in Crossovers: The JVC KW-AV70BT features a built-in high-pass filter for the unit's front & rear speakers, and a low-pass filter for the unit's subwoofer output.
- High-Pass Filter: You can activate a variable high-pass filter (40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, 220 Hz or Through) for the unit's front & rear channels (speaker- or preamp-level), so low frequency signals are cut off from your system's front & rear speakers. The front & rear channel's high-pass filters can be set independently of one another.
- Low-Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer preamp output features a low-pass filter. In order to prevent high-frequencies from being sent to your system's subwoofers, you can set the cutoff frequency of the low-pass filter to 50, 60, 80, 100, 120 Hz or Through.
Speaker Select: You can select which type & size of speaker you have connected to the head unit. Choose from Standard (OEM/Factory), Narrow (4"/5"), Middle (6"/5x7"/6x8"), Wide (6x9").
Pro EQ: The KW-AV70BT is equipped with JVC's Pro EQ. The integrated equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Flat, Natural, Dynamic, Vocal Boost, Bass Boost, Vibrant, and User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 3-band parametric EQ (Frequency, Level, and Q-Factor).
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 150 Hz||+/- 10 dB (-5 to +5)||1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 kHz||+/- 10 dB (-5 to +5)||1.0, 2.0|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||+/- 10 dB (-5 to +5)||Fixed|
Note: The audio adjustments are memorized for each source until you adjust the sound again.
Loud (Loudness): This feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level. You can set the Loudness to On or Off.
Dynamic Range Compression: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of On (reduced dynamic range), Dialogue (clearer movie dialogue), or Off (full dynamic range).
Volume Adjust: The input level of each source (other than FM) is adjustable relative to the FM radio volume, so there isn't a significant volume difference when changing sources. Each source is individually adjustable from -15 to +6.
Key-Touch Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Audio/Video Input: The rear-panel audio/video input consists of left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack, allowing you to connect external equipment to this head unit. The audio/video input can be set to one of the following modes:
- AV IN: Choose when connecting an A/V component like a game system.
- iPod Video: Select when connecting your iPod using the optional USB/Video cable (105KSU30, sold separately).
Camera In: The rear-panel Camera input consists of a composite video connector which allows you to connect an optional rear-view camera (105KVCM10, sold separately). The unit features a reverse gear signal wire, that when connected to your vehicle's reverse light circuit, will automatically switch the KW-AV70BT's display to the rear-view camera input. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.5 seconds.
Note: Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
A/V Output (with Dual Zone): The unit features a rear-panel composite video jack and 3.5mm audio jack to output A/V signals to an optional monitor and headphone system in the rear of your vehicle. With Disc, SD-card, USB, or iPod selected as your front source; you can select AV-IN, AV Off, or the source playing in the front as your vehicle's rear source. If your selected front source is not Disc, SD-card, USB, or iPod; then no rear source can be output. You can choose one of the following monitor types for the output to the external monitor(s):
- 16:9: Select this when the aspect ratio of your monitor is 16:9.
- 4:3 Letter Box: Select this when the aspect ratio of your monitor is 4:3, when viewing a widescreen picture black bars appear on the top and bottom of the screen.
- 4:3 Pan Scan: Select this when the aspect ratio of your monitor is 4:3, when viewing a widescreen picture, the black bars do not appear; however, the left and right edges of the picture will not be shown on screen.
Note: The volume of the A/V output will be controlled by your rear entertainment system.
Optional Wireless Remote: The JVC KW-AV70BT is wireless remote controller ready and supports the JVC RM-RK252P IR wireless remote control (sold separately).
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
The JVC KW-AV70BT replaces these items