About the JVC KW-M560BT
Make the most of your phone
Make the most of your phone
Everything you need for the road is in your smartphone, right? JVC's KW-M560BT multimedia receiver puts all the goodness front and center on a 6.75" touchscreen display with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™. Plus, you'll get a variety of music sources, hands-free calling, serious sound-shaping tools, and plenty of outputs for aftermarket amps and subs.
Onboard Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
With your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone connected to the KW-M560BT via USB, you'll gain touchscreen or voice control access to a variety of apps supported by Android Auto and CarPlay.
- Android Auto: When you connect a compatible Android device, Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at https://www.android.com/auto.
- Apple CarPlay: CarPlay integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience, putting iPhone content at the driver's voice command with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Additionally, this JVC lets you mirror your Android device with a USB connection, providing touchscreen control over your phone from the receiver.
Bluetooth for calling and streaming
Bluetooth makes it easy to stream music wirelessly and make hands-free calls. This JVC lets you quickly switch between two paired phones — handy for vehicles with more than one driver. When it comes to streaming audio, you can also control this car stereo directly from your phone using JVC's free Remote app.
If AM/FM radio isn't enough, you can add an optional SiriusXM tuner and seriously expand the scope of your entertainment choices. It's a beautiful thing to drive for hours with a station that you love.
Add a backup cam
If you're installing a stereo, it's also a great time to add a backup cam, and this JVC gives you a dedicated camera input. And if the kids in the back need a bit of distraction, you can feed them some video by connecting additional monitors to this receiver's video output.
Your dream sound
Take advantage of JVC's sound-sculpting controls, including a 13-band graphic equalizer and time alignment to get you the best seat in the house.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.75" capacitive touchscreen
- finger movements control volume level and forward/back
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible
- control and charging of Apple devices using the USB connection
- Siri Eyes Free Control
- Android mirroring via USB
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- plays USB memory devices
- 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- high-pass, low-pass, and subwoofer crossover adjustments
- compatible with optional SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input (mini), backup camera input
- outputs: rear video output (RCA), 5-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- built-in amp (21 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- optional wireless remote control
- warranty: 2 years (1 year for Canada)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KW-M560BT
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver w/ fixed 6.75" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Power harness
- Speaker harness
- 6.5' Light-green parking brake wire (pre-installed)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Trim-ring removal tool
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
- Important Notice on Software
- "Information" sheet
JVC KW-M560BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KW-M560BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 2.0|
|iPhone||5 and up|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||21 watts|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||16.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,WAV,FLAC|
|High-res Playback||FLAC,WAV (up to 24-bit/192kHz)|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is the smarter, safer in-vehicle interface to operate your iPhone (iOS 7.1+) with Lightning-connector. Your iPhone must be connected to the JVC receiver's USB port via the Lightning-cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately). You can control CarPlay from the JVC receiver's touchscreen controls or use Siri to control to control CarPlay with just your voice. You'll be able to use CarPlay to get directions, make phone calls, listen to voice mails, send/receive text messages, select music, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices in a way that keeps you focused on the road ahead.
- Navigation Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via the Google Maps or Waze application instead of Apple Maps. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: You'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the JVC receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the JVC receiver's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately). Any other USB extension cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
Android Auto: The JVC digital media receiver supports the Android Auto app for Android smartphones running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the JVC receiver's rear-panel USB port and the USB cable that came with your smartphone, plus be paired via Bluetooth. Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen interface that is simple to use in the vehicle. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The JVC receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smartphone enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the JVC receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the JVC receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable other than the one supplied.If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately); any other USB extension cable can cause Android Auto to malfunction.
- Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible.
Android Smartphone Mirroring: Using the Mirroring OA for JVC app, you can mirror the content from your Android (OS 7.0+) smartphone onto the touchscreen monitor of the JVC KW-M560BT; you'll be able to enjoy video and audio playback. Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the KW-M560BT via USB and Bluetooth. The JVC receiver's light green wire (attached to rear chassis) must also be attached to your vehicle parking brake circuit and your vehicle's parking brake must be engaged in order to mirror content from your Android smartphone to the KW-M560BT. In addition to mirroring content from your Android smartphone, you'll also be able to control your Android device from the in-dash receiver's touchscreen (some content may not support touchscreen control from the receiver). Mirrored content may or may not display in a portrait or landscape orientation.
- You must indicate that you will be using your connected Android smartphone for USB Mirroring and not Android Auto within the JVC receiver's on-screen menu.
- The unit does not support audio playback from Android devices using MTP (Media Transport Protocol) or AOA (Android Open Accessory).
- The JVC KW-M560BT does not support Apple iOS device mirroring.
Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay, Android Auto, and Android Mirroring apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
Smartphone Charging: The JVC KW-M560BT will also charge (5V/1.5A) your Android smartphone or Apple iPod/iPhone device while connected via USB with the vehicle's ignition switch set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Bluetooth 4.1: The JVC KW-M560BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.1 allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.6 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JVC KW-M560BT. Check here for the latest Bluetooth compatibility information.
Multi-Device Pairing: You can pair multiple Bluetooth-enabled devices (up to 7) to the JVC head unit, but only one can be active at a time. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units together wirelessly.
- Simple Secure Pairing (SSP): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the JVC KW-M560BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings.
- USB Pairing (for Android only): You can even connect your Android smartphone via USB and the automatic Bluetooth pairing function will work to complete the pairing - no complicated manual procedure to worry about.
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the JVC KW-M560BT provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The touchscreen controls of the KW-M560BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles front speakers. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately (within 5 seconds).
- Dialing a Number: Using the KW-M560BT, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number from the head unit's touchscreen keypad.
- Preset Dialing: Allows you to register up to 5 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook: You can download phonebook data (up to 1000 entries) from your phone to the KW-M560BT. You can then dial by using the downloaded phone book and search it alphabetically.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 20 entries total).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition (including Siri or Google Voice), then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the vehicle's parking brake.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The JVC KW-M560BT supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player, plus song/artist information display. You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the JVC KW-M560BT for playback.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the KW-M560BT offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the KW-M560BT offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Advanced Music Browsing: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the KW-M560BT lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4-up phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
External Microphone: The JVC KW-M560BT includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level, echo cancellation, and noise reduction of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash.
USB MSC Playback: The JVC KW-M560BT features a rear-panel USB port that is attached to the rear-chassis via a 39" cable. This USB port can be used for connection and control of a USB mass-storage class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback of a variety of audio (including Hi-Res) and video files stored on a compatible USB memory device (see chart below). USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (5V/1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
- High Resolution Audio Playback: The JVC digital media receiver supports playback of high-resolution FLAC & WAV music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) via USB. High-Resolution Audio is high-quality sound that exceeds CD standard. High-resolution audio captures and beautifully expresses all the details of your favorite music.
- Search Functions: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on a USB device. Category Search lets you navigate music stored on your USB memory device by Artist, Song, Album, or Genre. Link Search allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. The head unit can create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, a artist list of the currently playing genre, or a album list of currently playing composer.
- Song/Artist Info with Album Art: The JVC KW-M560BT will display song/artist information (as well as album art) for MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music tracks.
Notes: The USB port does not support MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), AOA (Android Open Accessory), iPod/iPhone Direct, USB hubs, or card-readers.
File Compatibility: KW-M560BT supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||USB (MSC)|
|File System||FAT 16/32 or exFAT|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
MP3/WMA/AAC: bit rate of 8-320kbps; sampling
frequency of 16-48kHz
|Video||MPEG-1: max resolution of 352 x 240 or 352 x 288;
max bit-rate of 1.5Mbps |
MPEG-2: max resolution of 720 x 480 or 720 x 576; max bit-rate of 8Mbps
MPEG-4/H.264: max resolution of 1920 x 1080 (30fps); max bit-rate of 8Mbps
WMV/MKV: max resolution of 1920 x 1080 (30fps); max bit-rate of 8Mbps
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||9,999 folders/999 files per folder|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags (ver. 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-, AAC-, and FLAC-tags|
AV Input: The JVC KW-M560BT is outfitted with a rear-panel AV input which consists of a 3.5mm AV jack for connection of an external audio/video device such as a DVD player, game console or TV tuner.
Video Output: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output can display the AV-input or USB video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not. Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Android Mirroring is not supported by the receiver's video output.
Rear Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera, such as the Kenwood CMOS-230 (113CMOS230, sold separately). By connecting a rear view camera, you can use the in-dash receiver's touchscreen monitor to see what's behind you when backing up.
- Parking Guide Lines: When a rear-view camera is connected and you are viewing a rear view image, parking guide lines appear on-screen making parking easy and safer. There are three color-coded horizontal guidelines and two vertical guidelines.
- Rear-View Auto Switching: The video from this connection can be set to display when switched to this input, or display the rear view camera video automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The purple/white wire (attached to rear-chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds.
Note: The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit's operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from JVC's Support Site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit's USB port and uploaded. Go to JVC's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
SiriusXM-Ready: The JVC KW-M560BT is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 140+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, Song Title, & Album Art can be viewed on the head unit's LCD.
- Category & Direct Search: You can specifiy a desired category (genre) and then select a channel to listen to. Or, you can tune into a channel directly by entering its station number.
- Replay & Presets: You can replay the last 60 minutes of the program from the current tuned channel. You can store up to 20 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets.
- Parental Control: The Parental Control feature allows you to limit access to any SiriusXM channels, including those with mature content. When enabled, the parental Control feature requires you to enter a Parental Code to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
AM/FM Tuner: KW-M560BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store a total of 15 FM stations presets and 5 AM station presets. The radio allows you to set your AM/FM stations manually or automatically. You can activate the monaural mode to improve FM reception, when a station is weak (the stereo effect will be lost).
- RDS (Radio Data System): RDS (Radio Data System) is a service used by some radio stations to transmit data outside of normal radio broadcast signals. When an RDS station is received, you can immediately find out what kind of data is being transmitted by looking at the program service name which appears in the display after the frequency.
- Traffic Information: There is also a switchable Traffic Information function, which will automatically tune a traffic bulletin when it is broadcast on FM only, even when you're not listening to the radio.
- US or European Tuning: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
Apple Music Radio (iPhone Only): You can playback Apple Music Radio on your Bluetooth connected Apple iOS 8.0+ device through the JVC KW-M560BT. With a cellular connection on your iPhone, you can listen to Beats 1 and other live radio stations through the JVC receiver. Apple Music subscribers can also listen to on-demand stations for almost any genre or create their own stations. You can use the head unit's touchscreen to select between your Apple Music Radio stations. The touchscreen will also display song/artist/album information (no album art).
Note: Access to Apple Radio will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
MOSFET Amplifier: The JVC KW-M560BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KW-M560BT are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 21 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 45 watts x 4 channels (180 watts total)
5ch/2V Pre-Outs + Sub Control: The KW-M560BT features front, rear and mono-subwoofer 2V pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable, while mono-subwoofer pre-out is non-fading. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading and features independent level control (-40 to +6).
Vehicle Settings: In order to optimize the sound quality in your vehicle, you can indentify the type of vehicle you have, select speaker sizes & locations, as well as configure listening distances.
- Car Type: Select your car type to automatically set the delay time of each speaker for timing adjustment of sound output of each channel to have the highest surround effect. Choose from Compact, Sedan, Wagon, or Off.
- Speaker Sizes: You can select which size speakers are in your vehicle - Tweeter (Small, Medium, Large, or None), Front & Rear (3.5", 4", 4.75", 5", 6.5", 6.75", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", 7x10" or None), and Sub (6.5", 8", 10", 12", 15" or Over, None).
- Speaker Locations: You can indicate the location of your front and rear speakers - Front (Upper Door, Lower Door, On Dash, Under Dash) and Rear (Upper Door, Lower Door, Parcel Shelf/Rear Deck, Upper Cargo Area, Lower Cargo Area.
- DTA (Digital Time Alignment): For a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position. You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can also select to manually fine tune the sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-20') for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position. In addition, you're able to adjust the output level (-8 to 0dB) of each speaker.
High Pass & Low Pass Crossovers: You are able to select independent high pass crossovers for your front and rear speakers, as well as a low pass crossover for the head unit's sub output.
- Front & Rear: Independently set high pass filter (HPF) for front & rear speakers.
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Sub: Set low pass filter (LPF) for the sub output.
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
Equalizer: The JVC KW-M560BT offers easy selectable EQ Presets, as well a manually tuned 13-band EQ.
- Preset EQ: The integrated equalizer offers 8 Preset sound modes and 3 User sound modes. Choose from Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, Jazz, Classical, Hard Rock, Flat or User 1/2/3). Select the preset suitable for the music genre of your choice.
- 13-Band EQ: The User modes allow you to adjust the head unit's 13-Band EQ. Adjustable frequencies include 62.5Hz, 100Hz, 160Hz, 250Hz, 400Hz, 630Hz, 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 6.3kHz, 10kHz, & 16kHz. These frequencies can be adjusted from -9dB to +9 dB.
Volume Level & Bass Management: The digital media receiver offers several volume level adjustments to tailor the audio output of your sources. The KW-M560BT also provides bass management to get the most impact out of your system.
- Loudness, Bass Boost & Bass Extension: The Loudness feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level. The unit's Bass Boost enhances low bass frequencies at any volume level. There is also a Bass Extension feature which further enhances the unit's bass output on frequencies lower than 62.5Hz.
- Volume Offset: The input level of each source is adjustable relative each other's volume, so there isn't a significant volume difference when changing sources. Each source is individually adjustable from -5 to +5.
Source Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm source selection. This function can be turned On or Off.
6.75" Capacitive Touchscreen: The JVC KW-M560BT features a fixed 6.75" widescreen (16:9) capacitive touchscreen LCD with LED backlighting. The LCD touchscreen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. The capacitive touchscreen LCD provides a high contrast ratio, crystal clear display, and vivid text; as well as highly responsive touchscreen operation.
- Gesture Control: In addition to basic touch control, the receiver's 6.8" touchscreen offers Gesture Control. Gesture Control lets you operate certain functions of the KW-M560BT by making specific gesture commands on the unit's touchscreen. You can adjust the volume of the multimedia receiver by making a circular motion with your finger on the unit's touchscreen. You'll also be able to navigate your music by simply swiping the touchscreen left/right or up/down.
- Touch-Sensitive Buttons: In addition to the capacitive touchscreen monitor, the JVC KW-M560BT offers five touch-sensitive buttons along the left edge of the screen. The button illumination is a fixed blue color.
Display Settings: You can make the following adjustments to the head unit's touchscreen display to better fit your application and needs.
- Home Screen & Shortcut Buttons: The unit's Main Home Screen contains touchscreen icons for all 10 sources and the Settings menu. The Shortcut Home Screen consists of 4 customized sources that you use the most, plus icon selections for the Main Home Screen and Settings Menu.
- Background Images: There are six preset background images (wallpapers) to choose from; or you can download your own JPEG/PNG/BMP still image (800x600) to use as the unit's background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
- Screen Adjust: You can adjust the Contrast, Brightness, Color, and Tint of the touchscreen monitor to suit your preference.
- Dimmer: The illumination dimmer can also be set to Off (normal brightness at all times), On (display is always dimmed), or Sync (dims or brightens when the headlight switch is turned on or off).
- Clock Display: The digital media receiver offers a 12-hour clock which is visible from any source or menu screen. With your vehicle's key in the accessory or run position, the head unit will continue to display the LCD background image, clock, and button illumination during "AV Off" mode. Pressing the "Power Off" touchscreen icon turns the unit off completely.
Parking Brake Interlock: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (attached to rear chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork; as well as CarPlay and Android Auto.
Note:The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions, menu options, and Android mirroring.
Steering Wheel Controls: The head unit features a factory steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Optional Remote Control: The JVC digital media receiver is compatible with JVC's wireless IR remote control (RM-RK258, sold separately).
The JVC KW-M560BT replaces these items
- shallow-mount chassis design (2-13/16" deep)
- designed to pair with Alpine's KTA-450 power pack amplifier
- designed to work with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
132 questions already asked