About the JVC KW-M865BW
Wireless smartphone control
JVC's KW-M865BW digital multimedia receiver features built-in Wi-Fi, giving you the convenience of wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ without the cables. Add on tons of music sources, phone features, hands-free calling, and innovative sound-shaping tools, all accessible from a customizable 6.8" Clear Resistive touchscreen.
How to connect your phone
With your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone you'll gain a variety of apps that are simple to switch between, whether you're using this radio's touchscreen or voice control.
- Wireless and wired Android Auto: Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at https://www.android.com/auto.
- Wireless and wired Apple CarPlay: CarPlay integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience, putting iPhone content at the driver's voice command with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Additionally, JVC's built-in Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly mirror select Android devices on the KW-M865BW's touchscreen while your parking brake is engaged, so you can view an app not supported by Android Auto. With a wired USB connection, this JVC will mirror your iPhone as well.
Bluetooth® built in
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for music and hands-free phone calls. You can quickly switch between two paired phones — handy for vehicles with more than one driver. Many portable audio players also include Bluetooth, so you can stream your personal music collections while you're on the road. When it comes to streaming audio, JVC's Streaming DJ feature lets you pair five phones so everybody can add their favorite songs to the road trip playlist. You can also control this car stereo directly from your phone using JVC's free Remote app.
Lots of entertainment
The KW-M865BW's two rear USB port offer a lot of options, like high-resolution FLAC file playback from a thumb drive. And if AM/FM radio isn't enough, you can add an optional SiriusXM tuner and seriously expand the scope of your entertainment choices.
Add four cameras
JVC gives you three camera inputs for a cargo cam, a front-view cam, a backup cam, and more, plus you can use the A/V input for a camera if needed. With compatible vehicles and the addition of a select iDatalink Maestro module, you can retain blind spot cameras thanks to these extra camera inputs. And if you've got a backseat crew that needs a distraction, you can feed them some video by connecting additional monitors to this receiver's video output.
Customize your screen
With the addition of customizable widgets, JVC lets you see more of what you use the most at a glance. And to keep your attention on the road, JVC lets you use simple swipe and circular movements on the display for changing tracks, accessing music folders, and adjusting the volume.
Serious sound tools
JVC's sound-sculpting controls, including a 13-band graphic equalizer and time alignment, let you dial in the perfect sound for your vehicle. To enhance compressed audio, JVC's K2 technology helps bring back the depth and detail for all your digital music sources. The Sound Lift feature adjusts your music's frequencies to virtually "raise" speakers that are lower in the doors for better, more natural imaging.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The KW-M865BW offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). With many vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.8" Clear Resistive touchscreen
- customizable display background with "live wallpaper" and widgets
- digital angle adjustment for better in-dash visibility
- finger movements control volume level and forward/back
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- wireless or wired Android Auto compatible
- wireless or wired Apple CarPlay compatible
- control and charging of Apple and Android devices using the USB connection
- wireless screen mirroring of select Android devices
- wired screen mirroring of select Android devices and iPhones
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- Streaming DJ feature allows five Bluetooth audio source devices to be connected
- plays USB memory devices
- high-resolution playback of FLAC files up to 192k/24bit via USB
- wireless high-res playback using LDAC-compatible devices
- 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- K2 technology improves the digital sound for all music sources
- Sound Lift compensates for speakers that are low in the doors
- high-pass, low-pass, and subwoofer crossover adjustments
- compatible with optional SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: two rear USB inputs, rear A/V input (mini), three camera inputs (plus A/V input can be used for a camera)
- outputs: rear video output (RCA), 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- built-in amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- optional wireless remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KW-M865BW
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KW-M865BW
Features & specs
|USB Input||Rear (2)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||---|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||Not given|
|Key Button Color||---|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||---|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WAV|
|High-res Playback||FLAC (192k/24bit)|