About the JVC KW-NX7000
JVC's KW-NX7000 double-sized DVD receiver fits perfectly in the double-sized dash opening in many popular cars. You get DVD and CD playback, and an internal flash memory that brings up your navigation maps of North America quickly when you need them. You'll see turn-by-turn directions on the 7" screen and enjoy access to over 12 million points of interest, which you can update through the SD card slot.
You'll get plenty of entertainment options with the KW-NX7000. You can play your favorite collections of music in MP3, WMA, WAV, or AAC format, either burned onto a disc, through the USB input, or on an SD card. Add the optional adapter and connect your iPod® as well. The powerful amplifier adds punch and definition to your music, and a 24-bit digital-to-analog converter provides outstanding audio clarity. You can tweak the sound to your liking with the 7-band equalizer.
The KW-NX7000 will accommodate an extensive amplifier/sub setup, with three sets of gold-plated preamp outputs and subwoofer level/frequency controls for tonal fine-tuning. You can add video sources or additional monitors to your in-vehicle entertainment system using the RCA video inputs and outputs, and you'll find an optical connection for an optional surround sound processor.
JVC designed the KW-NX7000 to be expandable. With JVC's optional Bluetooth adapter, you can make hands-free calls using your compatible phone while you hear the conversation over your vehicle's speakers. The optional HD Radio tuner gives you access to the improved sound quality and extra programming choices that are becoming increasingly available. You can control a JVC satellite radio on the receiver's screen with an optional adapter.
You can remove the detachable face an unusual feature with double-sized receivers to add an extra measure of security when the car is parked.
- DVD/CD receiver with navigation and built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- detachable face with 7" color screen
- remote control
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV files), DVDs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, and DivX
- 7-band iEQ
- DVD Audio compatible
- built-in flash memory for navigation, updates made using an SD card
- 12 million points of interest
- 2D and 3D map viewing angles
- built-in RDS-TMC tuner receives up-to-the-minute traffic reports (subscription required, 3 months of free service included)
- voice guidance in 7 languages (English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian)
- compatible with: JVC Bluetooth adapter, iPod adapter. HD Radio® tuner, satellite radio
- inputs: RCA video input, USB input (rear)
- outputs: RCA video output, 6-channel gold-plated preamp outputs (front, rear, subwoofer), optical digital output
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- Navigation/DVD receiver with integrated 7" touch panel display
- Soft fabric face case
- Trim ring
- Wireless remote control (RM-RK250)
- Self-adhesive remote holder
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Wiring harness
- Preamp output/video harness
- Magnetic GPS antenna with attached 16.25' cable
- Self-adhesive GPS antenna mat
- 8 Pan-head screws
- 8 Counter-sunk screws
- Red plastic crimp splicer
- 2 Face fixing screws
- 2 Metal protection plates (installed)
- Instructions (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Installation/Connection Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- USA Warranty sheet
- Canada Warranty sheet
- Product Registration card/Questionnaire
- "Countries where you may use the Bluetooth function" sheet
- "Caution" note (attached to wiring harness)
- "For iPod touch users" note
- "Note on the USB iPod operation" sheet
- "Cautions on displaying iPod Artwork" note
- Sheet concerning face fixing screw
- Removal of protection metal plates diagram
- Additional Information note
JVC KW-NX7000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KW-NX7000
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||20 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV|
Detachable Motorized 7" TFT LCD Touch-Screen Monitor: The KW-NX7000 features a motorized 7" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 touch-screen monitor with an adjustable viewing angle. The pixel resolution of the display is 1440 horizontal x 234 vertical (336,960 pixels total). The LCD serves as a video monitor, system information display and touch-screen control panel. The monitor's brightness can be adjusted from -5 to +5. You can detach the touch-screen LCD monitor and place it in its supplied soft face case to prevent theft.
- Display Angle: The motorized display can be tilted (up) to one of seven angles.
- Wallpaper: You can choose from four background wallpapers; Metal, Sky, Bright and Plain. The wallpaper color can be changed from blue, light-blue, red, orange, yellow, green, purple, dark-blue, dark-green, brown, light-brown or black.
- Dimmer: When 12 volts is applied to the illumination lead and the dimmer set to Auto, the display dims. The dimmer can also be set to Off (normal brightness at all times), On (display is always dimmed), or Dimmer Time Set (you program the time for the dimmer to turn off an on). The unit also features 3 dimmer levels to choose from - Bright, Middle, or Dark.
- Menu Language: There are nine options for the menu language; English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, and Russian.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the displaying of video while the vehicle is in motion, the green wire in the supplied 16-pin harness must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit, as well as a constant power source and ground. While the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the other displays and menus.
Remote Control: In addition to the unit's touch-panel and hard-key controls, the KW-NX7000 comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control to make using the multimedia headunit even easier.
OEM Steering Wheel Remote Input: The KW-NX7000 has a steering remote control jack on the preamp output/video harness. When used with the optional SWI-JACK interface (item number 127SWIJACK), you can retain the use of your steering wheel and/or rear seat radio controls when replacing the factory head unit in select vehicles.
Disc Compatibility: The JVC KW-NX7000 supports the playback of the following disc types: DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-R/RW and Video CD.
Compressed File Playback: The KW-NX7000 can play MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, JPEG, DivX, MPEG1, and MPEG2 files recorded on DVD-R, DVD-RW ,DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. The disc must be recorded in ISO 9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, or Romeo. MP3 and WMA files with bit rates from 32-320 kbps are supported along with IDTag3 (version 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3 or 2.4) and WMA/WAV Tag for album and artist information. The unit supports AAC files with bit rates of 16-320 kbps. DivX video files with resolutions 720 x 576 or less are also supported. It is recommended that you record JPEG files at 640 x 480 resolution. Each disc can have a maximum of 5000 files and 250 folders, with a maximum of 999 files per folder.
Playback & Search Functions: The unit offers a variety of playback & search functions.
- Direct Access: Using the supplied remote, you can directly access any title or chapter on a DVD, and any track on a Video CD.
- Scan Search: When playing a DVD-Video, DVD-Audio or Video CD, there are five fast-play speeds in both directions (2x, 5x, 10x, 20x, and 60x). Scan search speeds for CDs are 2x and 10x.
- Slow Motion: When playing a DVD or Video CD, there are five slow motion speeds in both directions (1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2).
- Repeat Play: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current chapter or title. When playing a Video CD, you can repeat the current track.
- Random Play: When playing a Video CD, you can play the tracks in random order.
- Disc Lock: You can lock a disc in the loading slot so it cannot be ejected without a sequence of buttons being pressed.
Selectable Aspect Modes: You can choose from four aspect modes for the in-dash display when viewing a still image or video.
- Regular: for 4:3 source material, 4:3 and 16:9 pictures display with black bars on either side (16:9 images are compressed)
- Full: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height
- Panorama: for viewing 4:3 pictures naturally on the unit's wide-screen display
- Auto: the correct aspect mode is automatically chosen based on the incoming signal
Picture Adjust: Brightness, Contrast, Color, and Tint can each be adjusted from -15 to +15.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles. This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Built-In Navigation: The KW-NX7000 features a built-in GPS Navigation system with maps of the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, US Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. Map data is stored on the unit's 4GB flash memory and the connected GPS antenna helps to pinpoint your vehicle's current location. Once a destination is set, the unit provides turn-by-turn voice and visual guidance through your vehicle's speakers and the unit's display monitor.
GPS Antenna: The KW-NX7000 features a GPS antenna with a magnetic base designed to mount to the exterior of your vehicle. The GPS antenna comes supplied with a self-adhesive magnetic pad in case you cannot find a metal surface to attach the antenna directly to.
Points of Interest: The built-in map database has 12 million points of interest. They can be searched by the following categories: Gas Station, Hotel, Parking, Restaurant, Shopping, Travel, Recreation, Entertainment, Medical, Financial, Automotive, and Community. Some of the categories are divided into sub-categories. The KW-NX7000 can even alert you when you approach a selected POI category.
Visual/Voice Guidance: When you approach a turn, the KW-NX7000 guides you with voice guidance (Text-to-Speech) through your vehicle's front speakers and visual indications on the KW-NX7000's screen. The unit offers 10 voice guidance languages including English, Spanish and French.
Lane Guidance: The KW-NX7000 provides Lane Guidance to help you along your route. The receiver uses the following color-codes to distinguish what lane you should be in - Yellow (recommended lane), White (lane leading to the destination), and Gray (not the lane for your destination).
Traffic Message Channel (TMC): The KW-NX7000 features a built-in TMC receiver. Traffic Message Channel is a technology for delivering real-time traffic information to drivers. The traffic information sent by an FM radio station are received and analyzed by the navigation system. The system can inform you of where congestion exists, and how you can detour it. No special radio station has to be tuned in for receiving the traffic information. The traffic service is by subscription only; a three-month free trial subscription is included. Note: The Bypass Traffic feature of the navigation system can be set to manual, auto, or off.
Map Views: The map scrolls automatically so that your position is always at the center of the map. You can select from different map views:
- 2D Heading Up: The map rotates so that you are always displayed heading "upwards." The direction is displayed with a compass icon.
- 3D Map Heading Up: The map is displayed in a "heading up" mode, and in a three-dimensional view. The direction is displayed with a compass icon.
- 2D North Up: The map view is oriented with north "upwards," like normal paper maps. The direction you are heading to is displayed at the upper right corner of the screen with an icon such as "NE."
Destination Search: The JVC KW-NX7000 offers the following Destination Search functions.
- Home/Favorite Points: You can register one point as your home address and 100 off your favorite points so you can easily navigate to them from anywhere at any time.
- Address: You can search by address using the unit's on-screen keyboard.
- Zip Code: You can search by zip code.
- Phone: You can search a destination by entering its telephone number using the unit's on-screen keyboard.
- POI Name/Vicinity: The POI Name feature allows you to search for points-of-interest by name from category listings or using the KW-NX7000's on-screen keyboard. The POI Vicinity feature search for POIs around the following places - your current position, the position select on the map, the destination, or the route you are taking.
- Quick Search: You can also search POI's from three user registered categories that you use most often such as gas stations, restaurants and hotels.
- Previous: You can search from the history of previous destinations and via points from the last 50 points.
- Browse Map: You can select a point on the map for your destination by touching the screen.
Routing Preferences: You can select how the unit will calculate your route by adjusting the following settings.
- Route Priority: You can select the unit to either calculate the fastest timed route or shortest distant route.
- Route Avoidance: You can select to use or avoid the following types of roads - Freeway, Toll Road, and Ferry.
- Traffic: You can select whether to use the unit's built-in TMC to help calculate your route based on traffic information (subscription required).
Via Points: After selecting your destination, you can select up to four places (via points) to stop by along your route.
Directions List: The KW-NX7000 allows you to bring up a turn-by-turn list of your calculated route, including via points.
Detour: If you realize congestion exists along your route, you can select the Detour function which allows you to select the distance to avoid along your route so the KW-NX7000 can route you around this congested area.
Auto Recalculate: The unit will automatically recalculate your route if you veer off from the original calculated route.
Speed Limit Sign: The KW-NX7000 will display the speed limit for the current road or highway you are on to help assist you with maintain the correct speed limit.
USB Input: The JVC KW-NX7000 features a rear-panel USB port on a 48" pigtail. This allows you to play USB mass storage and Media Transfer Protocol devices such as a USB thumbdrive, Digital Audio Player or portable HDD loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, JPEG, MPEG1, and MPEG2 files. For the unit to recognize the USB medium, it must be specified as a mass storage device formatted using FAT 12, FAT 16, or FAT 32. The unit's USB port supports MP3 files with a bit rate of 32-320 kbps, WMA files with a bit rate of 5-320 kbps, AAC files with bit rate of 16-320 kbps, and WAV files with a Linear PCM bit rate of 704-1,411 kbps. For MPEG1/2 files, the maximum bit rate for video signals is 2 Mbps. The unit can recognize a total of 5,000 files and 250 folders (a folder may contain a maximum of 999 files). This unit will recognize a total of 25 characters for file/folder names. This unit cannot recognize a USB device whose rating is other than 5V and exceeds 500 mA. A USB cap is supplied to place over the USB input when it's not in use.
iPod Playback: You can connect an iPod to the KW-NX7000 using one of two methods.
- Built-in USB Port: The KW-NX7000's built-in USB port supports audio playback and operation of the following iPod models using the USB/Docking cable supplied with your iPod - iPod video (5th generation), iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation), iPod classic (80/120/160GB), and iPod touch (1st/2nd generation). You can search for music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast and Genre. You can also select Repeat (One/All) and Random (Song/Album) modes. In addition, your iPod will charge when connected to the KW-NX7000's USB port.
- Optional Video Interface: The optional JVC KS-U30 USB Audio And Video Cable For iPod allows you to playback and control audio and video from your iPod on this JVC multimedia headunit. This cable also allows you to view iPod Artwork. The cable features a proprietary Apple iPod dock connector on one end and a male composite video and male stereo audio RCA connectors on other end along with a USB type-A connector. The KS-U30 USB/iPod cable supports the following iPods for audio and video playback - iPod video 5th generation, iPod classic (80/120/160GB), iPod nano (3rd/4th generation), and iPod touch (1st/2nd generation). The KS-U30 cable will also charge your iPod when connected to the JVC headunit and is powered on. To playback video the KW-NX7000's Video Input must be set to "iPod" in the unit's menu.
- Optional Audio Interface: If you have an older generation iPod, you can connect it to the KW-NX7000's J-BUS port using the optional JVC KS-PD100 iPod Interface Adapter (sold separately). This optional iPod Interface Adapter supports audio playback for the following iPod models - iPod (3rd/4th generation), iPod photo, iPod mini, iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation), iPod video (5th generation), and iPod classic (80/120/160GB). You can search for music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast and Genre. You can also select Repeat (One/All) and Random (Song/Album) modes. In addition, your iPod will charge when connected to the KS-PD100 iPod interface. The KS-PD100 is not compatible with the iPod touch (1st, 2nd generation) or iPhone/iPhone 3G. This iPod interface will also not charge the iPod nano (4th generation).
SD Card Slot: The KW-NX7000 features a front-panel SD-card slot, behind the motorized touch-panel LCD monitor display, which will accept SD-cards up to 2GB. This unit can play JPEG, MP3, WMA, WAV, and AAC files stored on an SD-card. You can control basic functions such as Play, Pause, Fast Forward, Rewind and Track Skip. You can also select advance functions such as Track Repeat, Folder Repeat, Folder Random and Random All. All tracks on the SD-card will be played repeatedly until you change the source. This unit supports data transfer rates up to 10Mbps and can recognize up to 5,000 files and 250 folders with a maximum of 999 files per folder. This unit will recognize a total of 25 characters for file/folder names.
Optional Input Adapter: An optional JVC Line Input Adapter (item number 105KSU57 or 257KSU58) may be used to provide an additional auxiliary audio input on this unit. This feature allows you to connect a portable audio player, such as a portable MP3 player, to this unit as an additional audio source. The adapter connects to the CD changer input on this unit. When the adapter is connected to this unit, a CD changer cannot be connected.
MOS-FET Amplifier: The JVC KW-NX7000 features a MOS-FET amplifier that is CEA-2006 compliant and rated at 20 watts RMS x 4 channels in 4-ohm and 1% THD+N with a signal to noise ratio of 80 dBA.
Amplifier Gain Control: When you are using the KW-NX7000 with factory speakers (or those rated to less than 50 watts peak), the Amplifier Gain Control can limit the amount of power being sent to those speakers. When the Amp Gain Control is set to "low," the volume control ranges from 0 (minimum) to 30 (maximum). When using speakers rated higher than 50 watts peak, you can set the Amp Gain Control to "high," and the volume control will range from 0 to 50.
7-Band Equalizer: Along with a flat preset, there are 8 preset EQ curves and three user programmable fields; Hard Rock, R&B, Pop, Jazz, Dance, Country, Reggae, Classic, User 1, User 2, and User 3. The user presets can be adjusted to your preference and stored in memory. For each User preset, you can independently adjust the following frequencies: 60 Hz, 150 Hz, 400 Hz, 1 kHz, 2.5 kHz, 6.3 kHz, and 15 kHz. The level of each frequency can be adjusted from -10dB to +10dB in 2dB increments.
Dynamic Range Compression: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of Auto or On.
Source Volume Control: The volume of each source (other than FM radio) can be adjusted relative to the FM volume, so the level is constant as you change from one input to another. The volume level of each source can be adjusted from -12 to +12.
5V Preamp Outputs: The KW-NX7000 features five 5V preamp outputs (Stereo Front, Stereo Rear, Mono Subwoofer). The Front and Rear set of preamp outputs fade in and out with the fader control and speaker level outputs on the stereo, while the Subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The JVC multimedia headunit provides the following preamp level controls.
- Subwoofer Level: adjusts the subwoofer output level from -6 to +8
- High Pass Filter: select Through (when subwoofer is not connected) or On (when subwoofer is connected)
- Crossover: adjusts crossover frequency between the front/rear speakers and the subwoofer; select from 80Hz, 120Hz, or 150Hz
Video Output: The Video Output (RCA composite video jack) allows you to connect an optional external monitor. You can choose one of the following monitor types for the output to the external monitor(s):
- 16:9: select this when the aspect ratio of your monitor is 16:9
- 4:3 Letter Box: select this when the aspect ratio of your monitor is 4:3, when viewing a widescreen picture black bars appear on the top and bottom of the screen
- 4:3 Pan Scan: select this when the aspect ratio of your monitor is 4:3, when viewing a widescreen picture, the black bars do not appear; however, the left and right edges of the picture will not be shown on screen
Audio/Video Input: The audio/video input consists of left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack, allowing you to connect external equipment to this head unit. The audio/video input can be set to one of the following modes:
- Audio + Video: choose when connecting an A/V component like a VCR
- Audio: choose when connecting an audio component like a cassette deck
- iPod: select when connecting your iPod using the optional USB/Video cable (105KSU30, sold separately).
- Off: select when no component is connected
Camera In: The Camera input consists of a composite video connector which allows you to connect an optional rear-view camera (sold separately). The unit features a reverse gear signal wire (purple), that when hooked up will switch the KW-NX7000's display to the rear-view camera input.
Digital Out: You can enjoy 5.1-channel sound, including Dolby Digital and DTS, when you connect this unit's optical digital output to an external surround sound digital processor. You can select the signal format emitted through the Digital Optical Out.
- PCM: select this when connecting an amplifier or a decoder incompatible with Dolby Digital, DTS, or MPEG Audio or when connecting to a recording device
- Dolby D: select this when connecting an amplifier or a decoder compatible with Dolby Digital
- Stream: select this when connecting an amplifier or a decoder compatible with Dolby Digital, DTS, or MPEG Audio
The JVC KW-NX7000 replaces these items