CD/cassette receiver with CD changer controls
Our take on the JVC KW-XC770
Can't decide between CD and cassette for your Japanese car? Why not get both with the double-size KW-XC770? You'll be in for a real musical treat when you fire up this spectacular receiver. A 7-mode spectrum analyzer dances to your music's energy while the high-power 4-way amplifier invigorates your speakers. And the oversized buttons and rotary control make it so easy to turn features on and off or adjust settings!
You'll get a special 1-bit DAC to eliminate audible distortion for superior CD sound, and an oil-dampened suspension to virtually prevent CD skipping. Connect an optional JVC 12-disc CD changer, and presto you'll have four music sources at your command!
JVC's HS-II tuner with 24 presets will satisfy even the most demanding listener. The built-in full-logic cassette deck also has Dolby B for hiss-free highs, and automatic tape EQ so you can play high bias tape without the music sounding shrill. Multi Music Search helps you find that one song on the cassette without a lot of hassle. Sound Control Memory saves the bass, treble and loudness settings. A wireless remote is supplied.
Add a JVC disc changer to your order and you'll save $$ with our package discount.
- fixed face
- multicolor display
- spectrum analyzer
- HS-II tuner
- rotary control knob
- CD changer controls
- two sets of preamp outputs
- full-logic cassette mechanism
- Dolby B noise reduction
- Sound Control Memory
- wireless remote included
- 16 watts RMS/40 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- tape frequency response 30-18,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 98 dB
- tape signal-to-noise ratio 65 dB
- FM sensitivity 11.3 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- Double DIN "I/J" size AM/FM/CD/Cassette/Changer Controller with 10-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- RM-RK22 wireless remote with plastic remote holder
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Wiring harness
- Trimplate (for Nissan installs)
- 8 countersunk ISO mount screws
- 8 panhead ISO mount screws
- Two 2"x3/8" strips of double-sided adhesive foam tape
- Instructions manual (English/Spanish/French)
- Installation/Connection Manual (English/Spanish/French)
- "Important" sheet (reset and CD eject instructions)
- "Before Electrical Connections" sheet
- Troubleshooting Guide
- JVC web site address information sheet
- U.S.A. warranty sheet with factory service center list
- Survey/product registration card
- Canadian warranty card
- List of Canadian service centers.
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||40 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||40-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||---|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Key Button Color||Green/Red|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Display Illumination: The main display line, loud indicator, Dolby NR indicator, outer segments of the circular graphic display and lower segments of the spectrum analyzer are displayed with white illumination. The middle segments of the spectrum analyzer, middle segments of the circular graphic display, mono indicator, stereo indicator, B.SKIP indicator, RND indicator, RPT indicator, clock and source indicators are displayed with teal illumination. The upper spectrum analyzer bands, tape-in indicator indicators, middle segments of the spectrum analyzer and the center segments are displayed with blue illumination. The CD-in indicator and various display accents are displayed with pink illumination.
Button Illumination: The center of the On/Off/ATT button is backlit with red illumination, and all other buttons are backlit with green illumination. There is a ring of green illumination around the rotary knob.
Note: When the unit is off, but receiving power on both of it's power leads, the center of the On/Off/ATT button illuminates in red. None of the other buttons illuminate when the unit is off.
Dimmer: This unit has a dimmer wire. The dimmer function can be set to OFF (normal brightness at all times), AUTO (display window automatically dims when car head lights are turned on) or ON (display always dimmed). The amount of dimming is fixed, it cannot be adjusted, and the dimmer wire must be connected for AUTO dimming operation.
Spectrum Analyzer: A 7-band spectrum analyzer may be set to display one of 11 patterns, or the spectrum analyzer may be turned off. In addition to the 7 spectrum analyzer bands, there are 6 bands that are used to enhance some of the patterns. The 11 selectable patterns are: All Demo (demonstrates each pattern for 10 seconds), Standard, Peak Hold, Rain 1, Rain 2, Side Winder, Wave 1, Wave 2, Level 1, Level 2, Level3.
Front and Rear RCA Preamp Outputs: This unit includes 2.0V front and rear preamp outputs. The outputs are gold-plated for corrosion resistance.
One Touch Operation:
Even when power is off, pushing one of the source buttons (CD, FM/AM, TAPE, CD-CH)
switches on power and activates the selected source.
US/European Tuning Spacing: You may select European or US standard tuning spacing.
Sound Control Memory (SCM): This unit has three preset tone control setting combinations that you may select. Each of the sound modes may be adjusted to your preference and stored in memory. The preset Sound Control Memory modes are:
- BEAT: Bass=+2 Treble=0
- SOFT: Bass=+1 Treble=-3
- POP: Bass=+4 Treble=+1
Direct Track Access: You can directly access tracks 1 through 12 of the CD player by pressing the station preset buttons (press and hold the 1-6 preset buttons for more than 1 second to access tracks 7-12).
This unit will play pre-recorded CDs and CD-Rs, but it will not play CD-RWs.
Disc Eject Prohibit: Engaged by pressing the CD and eject buttons simultaneously for more than 2 seconds. Repeat to defeat. Keeps disc from ejecting even if eject button is pushed.
Doby B NR: This unit is equipped with the Dolby B Noise Reduction system to reduce tape hiss when playing cassettes recorded with Dolby B NR.
Repeat Play (Cassette): This feature allows you to repeatedly play the current cassette track.
Multi Music Scan:This feature will skip up to 9 cassette tracks (forward or backward) and automatically begin playback at the track you choose.
Blank Skip: You may set this unit to skip blank sections of tape. When the Blank Skip feature is active, the unit will fast-forward to the next tune after it senses 15 seconds of blank tape or more.
Tape Eject Prohibit: Keeps disc from ejecting even if eject button is pushed. Engaged by pressing the "Tape" and eject buttons simultaneously for more than 2 seconds. Repeat the procedure to defeat the tape eject prohibit function.
AUX Input "Ready": Item 105KSU57 (sold separately) may be used to add an auxiliary input to this unit. This feature allows you to connect a portable audio player, such as a portable MD player, to this unit as an additional audio source. Item 105KSU57 connects to the CD changer input on this unit. When the aux input adapter is connected to this unit, a CD changer cannot be connected.
RM-RK22 Remote Dimensions: L=4.53", W=1.54", H=0.71"
- Function: source select
- Level Control: two buttons used to control level
- Band/+disc: cycles through tuner bands, changes tape travel direction during tape play and skips to next CD (when optional CD changer connected)
- Disc-/Preset: cycles through tuner presets and skips to previous CD (when optional CD changer connected)
- Seek Tuning/Skip (Search): a rocker button used to seek up/down, skip CD tracks and fast wind/fast forward cassettes
- Power/ATT: turns unit on and off and turns the attenuator function on/off
Compatibility: This unit is equipped with J-Link CD changer control. You may directly connect this unit to CH-X series JVC CD changers. Use of older JVC changers (non-CHX series changers) requires item 105KSU15K (sold separately).
Changer Control Functions:
- Direct Disc Selection: press presets 1-6 for over 1 sec to get 7-12
- Random Play: "RND1" plays the tracks of the selected disc in random order (tracks are not repeated), "RND2" plays the tracks of all discs in the magazine in random order (tracks may be repeated)
- Track Skip: skip tracks forward or backward
- Audible Search: track search, forward or backward, with audible fast-speed playback
- Repeat Play: "RPT1" repeats current track, "RPT2" repeats all tracks on the selected disc
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.