About the JVC KW-Z1000W
Floating infotainment hub
Floating infotainment hub
Similar to a heads-up display on a jet, JVC's KW-Z1000W digital media receiver uses its impressive 10" touchscreen display as a big helper on your drive. Its easy-to-read display shows off familiar smartphone interfaces by using wired or wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ — incredibly handy for navigation, music, and podcast apps. Even when you're simply using the JVC's display, you can customize it with the look that works best for you. And if you're planning to integrate factory and add aftermarket cameras, you can connect up to four cameras to this receiver. JVC ups the ante with this receiver's built-in, multi-user Bluetooth®, high-res music capability, and lots of tweaks to refine (or even redefine) your entire system's sound.
The KW-Z1000W receiver's chassis fits in most double-DIN dash openings, and since there's no disc player, the mounting depth shouldn't be a major issue for most vehicles. Once you've mounted the chassis in your dash opening, you can choose to fix the display's mount from four vertical mounting positions, as well as two depth positions, to free up other vehicle controls and vents in your ride. Once the screen is fixed into place, you can also manually tilt the display forward and back to compensate for angled dashes and glare.
This receiver provides options to "mirror" your Android™ or iPhone® display directly on the touchscreen display. And by using this JVC's wireless connection, your smartphone links right up and you're ready to roll with all the voice-control wonderfulness that Android Auto and Apple CarPlay bring to driving. (Find out more at www.android.com/auto and www.apple.com/ios/carplay.)
And when your phone needs some juice, plug it in, and you'll still get access to all your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and music through simple controls and voice commands you're familiar with — all while your battery charges. If you prefer to stay wireless and you have a compatible phone, you can also charge up with a wireless Qi charger.
This receiver's big display makes it easy to find your turn.
Let's get to the music (and talk, and news, and sports)
Into your high-res music library? The KW-Z1000W will play high-res music files stored on a USB drive. Using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto will open up even more internet-based music, talk radio, and podcast apps for you, as well. If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away, add a SiriusXM tuner to this JVC to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast. And if you have local stations that broadcast in HD, this receiver's built-in HD Radio tuner will deliver super-clean sound and display artist, song, and station info.
Keeping things wireless with Bluetooth
Since yours is probably not the only phone used in your vehicle, the KW-Z1000W enables you to pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling. And when you're streaming audio, JVC's Streaming DJ feature lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their favorite tunes (remember to share). Load up the JVC Remote app on your phone, and passengers can control some basic functions on this receiver wirelessly. This JVC also includes LDAC, which means you can stream high-res sound via Bluetooth with select Android phones.
System expansion and settings to the max
For those who like total control over their sound, JVC included a 13-band equalizer with a built-in digital signal processor. You can also use the built-in time alignment to adjust the timing of sound to your system's speakers to make sure you're center stage for all your music. JVC's K2 technology helps improve the sound of digital music files with lower bit rates. The KW-Z1000W also includes three pairs of 5-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when you add amplifiers to your system.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The KW-Z1000W offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the JVC's big screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module, and matching harness specific to your vehicle, offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles — it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- 10.1" floating capacitive touchscreen display
- before final installation, depth and height of the display can be adjusted to provide dash vent and control access
- Wi-Fi certified
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- customizable display background and live wallpaper
- manual tilt angle adjustment for better visibility (-10° - +45°)
- plays high-res FLAC and WAV (up to 24-bit/192 kHz), as well as DSD files on USB drives
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- receiver chassis fits double-DIN dash openings
- compatible with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto (wireless or wired)
- wireless and wired mirroring for Android; wired for iPhone
- hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- JVC Streaming DJ feature allows music streaming and control from up to five paired smartphones
- built-in LDAC for high-res wireless audio streaming with select Android phones
- control the stereo using JVC's free Remote app
- plays USB memory devices
- 13-band parametric equalizer with digital time alignment
- K2 technology improves the digital sound for all music sources
- subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input (mini), rear HDMI input, four camera inputs
- outputs: rear A/V output (mini), 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDataLink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- warranty: 2 years (1 year for Canada)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KW-Z1000W
What's in the box:
- 10.1" Touchscreen monitor
- Source unit (15A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- 39" USB extension cable
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- 3-Wire SWC adapter
- Self-adhesive mounting pad
- Large plastic bracket
- 2 Small plastic brackets
- 2 Metal brackets
- 2 Machine screws
- 6 Hex-head screws
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Quick Start Guide
- "CAUTION" note
- Warranty Card
JVC KW-Z1000W reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KW-Z1000W
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Composite+Mini (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||Yes|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|iPhone||6S and up|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||Google, Waze|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||7.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3,WMA,AAC,FLAC,WAV,DSD|
|High-res Playback||WAV/FLAC (24-bit/192kHz)|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||Y|
Floating Display Design
Two-Piece Configuration The JVC KW-Z1000W digital multimedia receiver features a two-piece floating display configuration with an external 10.1" capacitive touchscreen monitor and a separate Double-DIN (4") source unit. Separating the large touchscreen monitor from the chassis allows the KW-Z1000W to be installed in a standard Double-DIN (4") dash opening. The Double-DIN (4") source units mounts in the dash and the 10.1" touchscreen monitor attaches to the front of the source unit using the included hardware and integrated connector (dash kit, wiring harness, interface module, adapters are required and sold separately).
Note: The JVC KW-Z1000W will not fit in some vehicles with a Double-DIN opening due to its large 10.1" touchscreen monitor interfering with your vehicle's factory equipment on the dash.
Floating Touchscreen Monitor: Depending on your vehicle's factory radio location and the location of other factory equipment, you may need to adjust the mounting position of the touchscreen monitor in order to prevent impairment of vehicle driving operations. The floating touchscreen monitor offers depth, height, and tilt adjustments to ensure the best fit and usability in your vehicle's dash. The touchscreen monitor measures 10.3125" (w) x 7.125" (h) x 2.375" (d) - including integrated connector and mounting bracket.
- Depth Adjustment: The depth adjustment lets you move the floating monitor forward or backward 0.8125", allowing more or less space between the monitor and your vehicle's dash kit and dash for a better fit.
- Height Adjustment: The floating monitor can be adjusted up or down 1.5625" to prevent interference with climate controls, vents, and other factory equipment on your vehicle's dash for better fit and operation..
- Tilt Adjustment: You can adjust the angle of floating monitor for better usability and visibility. In addition to its vertical 90 degree angle (default), the monitor can be tilted -10 degrees backward or +45 degrees forward.
- The depth, height, and tilt adjustments are all done manually (not electronically).
- The depth and height adjustments must be made prior to final installation and cannot be done during operation.
- See the included Installation Manual for specific dimensions at each depth, height, and tilt setting.
Double-DIN Source Unit: The included source unit fits in a standard 4" Double-DIN opening (applicable kit, harness, etc. will be required and sold separately for your vehicle). Once the source unit is mounted in the dash, the 10.1" touchscreen monitor attaches and connects to the front of the source unit using the included hardware and integrated proprietary connector. All of the JVC KW-Z1000W''s inputs and outputs are found on the rear-panel of the source unit.
including wiring harness, Bluetooth mic, and USB extension cable connections
- Width: 7.005"
- Height: 3.945"
- Depth: 6.735" (w/o preout connections), 6.785" (w/ preout connections)
- Nose: including integrated connector and mounting bracket
- Width: 6.675"
- Height: 3.805"
- Depth: 1.125"
Note: The JVC KW-Z1000W mounts in a Double-DIN (4") opening using the your vehicle's factory brackets or the brackets included with your dash kit (sold separately). The KW-Z1000W does not mount in a dash using a sleeve or cage.
10.1" Capacitive Touchscreen Monitor: The JVC KW-Z1000W features an all-new electrostatic capacitive touch panel and high-definition LCD panel with high luminance white LED backlighting that delivers vivid color, high-contrast, and crisp detail, as well as highly responsive touch operation. This 10.1" widescreen (16:9) electrostatic capacitive touchscreen LCD panel has a high resolution of 1280 (H) x 720 (V) x RGB with 2,764,800 total pixels, a 170° high viewing angle, 600cd/m high brightness, and 900:1 high contrast ratio. The 10.1" touchscreen monitor provides room for more information that is large and easy to see with just a glance. The capacitive touchscreen is highly responsive for simply and intuitive control.
- Optical Bonding Technology: The screen's optical bonding technology minimizes the refractive light index by bonding the liquid crystal module and the clear panel. It suppresses the reflection of the screen and maintains high visibility. In addition, since optical bonding does not have an air layer between the liquid crystal module and the clear panel, display visibility is not impaired by internal condensation, further enhancing its durability.
- Gesture Controls: Touchscreen operations include tap, touch & hold, flick left or right, and swipe up or down - very simliliar to your smartphone or tablet device. In addition to basic touch control, the receiver offers Gesture Control. Gesture Control lets you operate certain functions of the KW-Z1000W by making specific gesture commands on the unit's touchscreen. You can adjust the volume of the multimedia receiver by making a circular motion with your finger on the unit's touchscreen. You'll also be able to navigate your music by simply swiping the touchscreen left/right or up/down.
- To prevent the display of video from USB, Mirroring, and the AV-input while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (within harness) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and "Parking Off". The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options.
- While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork; as well as the built-in Navigation, CarPlay, and Android Auto.
Display Features: The JVC KW-Z1000W offers several unique display features, settings, enhancements, and adjustments.
- Custom Shortcuts & Favorite Key: You can customize the head unit's Home Screen by rearranging the icons and moving the icons of the twelve most sources you use most to the first page of the Home Screen. Three programmable shortcut source keys offer a quick jump to your favorite sources from almost any screen. You can aslo assign your most used function to the unit's "Favorite" touchscreen icon for easier and faster access.
- Background Color & Wallpapers: You can choose between nine preset background colors - Light Blue, Red, Aqua, Yellow, Orange, Purple, Pink, Dark Blue, or User. The User mode allows you to customize your own background color. In addition, there are ten preset background images (wallpapers) to choose from. The Live Wallpaper feature even lets you synchronize background visuals and color with your music.
- Display Widgets: You can select from a variety of display widgets - including Clock/Spectrum Analyzer, Current Source Information, Compass, Volume Meter, and Photo Frame. The Photo Frame Widget allows you to download your own still image using the JVC Portal App (for Apple iOS 12.4+ and Android OS 6.0+) and use it as your wallpaper background.
- Clock & Date: The digital multimedia receiver offers a 12-hour clock & day/month/year display. The clock is visible from any source or menu screen. With your vehicle's key in the accessory or On position, the head unit will continue to display the LCD background image, clock, and button illumination during "AV Off" mode. Pressing the "Power Off" touchscreen icon turns the unit off completely.
Push-Button Control: In addition to touchscreen and gesture control, the KW-Z1000W features five push-button controls along the bottom edge of the screen. Control functions include Power/Home, Function/Source, Volume Up, Volume Down, and Voice Recognition.
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim the head unit's display & front-panel illumination automatically when your vehicle's light switch is turned On, if you have the unit's orange/white "Illumination" wire connected to your vehicle's headlamp circuit. You can also choose to dim the display manually.
Remote Control: The JVC KW-Z1000W offers compatibility with factory steering wheel controls (adapter sold separately) and is compatible with JVC's IR wireless remote control (sold separately) for added convenience. JVC also offers a remote application which allows you to control the receiver from your smartphone device, and another application that allows you transfer photos from your compatible smartphone device the JVC receiver.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The head unit features a factory steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
- Optional Remote Control: The JVC digital multimedia receiver is compatible with JVC's wireless IR remote control (RM-RK258, sold separately).
- Remote S App: The JVC Remote S (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) is an application that will connect and control the in-dash receiver from your compatible Apple or Android device via Bluetooth, like a wireless remote control. You can select source input, as well as command basic playback controls such as Play/Pause or Previous/Next Track from the touchscreen of your compatible smartphone. This application can also display the receiver's source and song/artist information on the screen of your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
- JVC Portal App: The JVC Portal App (for Apple iOS 12.4+ and Android OS 6.0+) lets you transfer postos from your compatible smarthphone device to the JVC receiver via Bluetooth or USB. You'll also be able to create a slideshow and a customized wallpaper for the receiver
Built-In WiFi: The JVC KW-Z1000W receiver's built-in Dual-Band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) is utilized for Wireless Apple CarPlay, Android Auto Wireless, and Wireless Mirroring via Miracast for select Android devices. The built-in WiFi is not designed to be used with WiFi hotspots.
- GPS Antenna: The included GPS antenna must also be installed for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay navigation maps. The GPS antenna comes with a self-stick pad which mounts it on top of your dash inside the vehicle.
- Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay, Android Auto, and Mirroring apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
Android Auto Wireless: The JVC KW-Z1000W supports the Android Auto app for select Android smartphones using a wired or wireless connection. A Google or Samsung smartphone with Android OS 10.0+ or any smartphone with Android OS 11.0+ and 5GHz WiFi can utilize Android Auto Wireless with the JVC receiver using the latest version of the Android Auto app, plus a WiFi and Bluetooth connection (both wireless connections must be made; a wired USB connection must be made initially between the Android phone and the JVC receiver to setup Wireless Android Auto). Android smartphones running Lollipop 5.0 or higher can also be connected to the JVC receiver's rear-panel USB port using the included USB extension cable and USB cable that came with your smartphone, plus be paired via Bluetooth. Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen interface that is simple to use in the vehicle. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The JVC receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smarthome enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the JVC receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the JVC receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Only one Android device with Android Auto can be connected at a time. An Android Auto device and Apple CarPlay device cannot be connected at the same time.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable other than the one supplied. If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately); any other USB extension cable can cause Android Auto to malfunction.
- Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible.
Wireless Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer in-vehicle interface to operate your iPhone with Lightning Connecter, and is specially designed for driving scenarios. Your iPhone can be connected to the JVC KW-Z1000W wirelessly or via USB. A wireless connection to your compatible iPhone (iOS 9.0+) can be made using the JVC receiver's built-in WiFi (5GHz) and Bluetooth (2.4GHz) - requires both wireless connections. Or, you can choose to connect your compatible iPhone (iOS 7.1+) to the JVC receiver via USB. Your iPhone will need to be connected to the JVC receiver's rear-panel USB port via the included USB extension cable and the Lightning-cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately). You can control CarPlay from the JVC receiver's touchscreen controls or use Siri to control to control CarPlay with just your voice. You'll be able to use CarPlay to get directions, make phone calls, listen to voice mails, send/receive text messages, select music, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices in a way that keeps you focused on the road ahead.
- Navigation Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via the Google Maps or Waze application instead of Apple Maps. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: You'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the JVC receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the JVC receiver's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Compatible iPhone models include 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 6S Plus, 6S, and SE. Only one Apple iPhone with CarPlay can be connected at a time. An Apple CarPlay and Android Auto device cannot be connected at the same time. Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay works best with a vehicle speed pulse connection. You will need either a radio replacement interface with a vehicle speed pulse connection or JVC's OBD-II Speed Pulse Generation (KV-PG10) - both sold separately. Alternatively, you can also hardwire the JVC receiver's speed pulse wire to your vehicle's speed pulse wire (this method is much more time consuming and requires more installation experience).
- Wireless Apple CarPlay can be used without connecting the vehicle speed pulse wire by downloading the latest firmware update from JVC's website onto a USB thumbdrive and installing it in the JVC receiver. Although this software update makes installation easier, location and position accuracy for navigation maps will suffer without the VSS wire hooked up.
- If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately). Any other USB extension cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
Miracast for Android (Wireless Mirroring): Wi-Fi Certified Miracast lets you wirelessly send the display of your compatible Android OS 4.2-up device that also supports Miracast to the receiver's touchscreen monitor. Smartphone manufacturers will refer to the Miracast Wireless Mirroring function differently and use terms such as Wireless Display, Screen Mirroring, AllShare Cast, etc. Miracast Wireless Mirroring allows you to view practically any content that is playing on your compatible Android device on the receiver's touchscreen (vehicle's parking brake must be engaged). You'll also be able to use the receiver's touchscreen to control your compatible Android smartphone (some Mircast compatible phones may not support this feature).
- Not all Android OS 4.2-up devices will support Miracast. Future Android OS updates may cause the Miracast feature to not function properly. Click here to check for Miracast compatible Android smartphones and tablets.
- Miracast (wireless mirroring) will require that the vehicle's parking brake be engaged to mirror your smartphone or view any content from your smartphone on the receiver's touchscreen monitor. Only audio content will be heard without the vehicle's parking brake engaged.
- If your Android smartphone is locked, wireless mirroring may not function properly.
- The Apple iPhone does not support Miracast or wireless mirroring.
iPod/iPhone Music Playback Only: If you don't desire Apple CarPlay, you can also connect your Lightning-connector Apple iPod/iPhone to the KW-Z1000W for music playback & control only using the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lighnting-to-USB cable (sold separately). Simply plug your compatible Apple device into the receiver's rear-panel USB port. The JVC receiver supports playback of stored music and music apps, along music browsing and playback control, plus song/artist information and album art.
- Head Unit Control: The JVC head unit allows you to
navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library from its front-panel &
touchscreen controls. The head unit offers unique search features like
Category Search & Link Search, plus offers basic playback functions like
Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random of
your connected iPod/iPhone. You'll also still be able to control your
connected iPod touch or iPhone from its own touchscreen so you can access
other music applications.
- Category Search: Category Search allows you to navigate your iPod/iPhone's music library by Playlist, Artists, Album, Song, Genre, Song, Podcast, Audiobook, or Radio. You can then search each of these categories using the head unit's touchscreen slider function (categories will be listed in alphabetical order).
- Link Search: The head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, a artist list of the currently playing genre, or a album list of currently playing composer.
- Song/Artist Info & Album Art: The KW-Z1000W will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. The unit will also display song/artist info and album art from select music apps.
Note: Only one Apple Lightning-connector device can be connected at a time.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The JVC KW-Z1000W is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 10/1/2020) -
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video (HDMI)||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||CarPlay||Remote S||Album Art||Song/Artist||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- Not compatible with 30-pin Apple devices.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Smartphone Charging: The JVC KW-Z1000W will also charge your Android smartphone or Apple iPod/iPhone device while connected via USB with the vehicle's ignition switch set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. The powerful USB provides max 1.5A of charge for iPhone and Android devices.
Bluetooth 5.0: The JVC KW-Z1000W is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 5.0 allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.7 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.6 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some BluetootCheck here for the latest Bluetooth compatibility information. h enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JVC KW-Z1000W.
SSP & USB Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the JVC KW-Z1000W without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. You can even pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Android smartphone (OS 4.0+) or by simply connecting it to the JVC head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit's display. You can pair up to ten Bluetooth-enabled devices to the JVC receiver. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
- Dual Phone Connection: Thanks to the Dual Phone Connection feature, two Bluetooth-enabled phones can remain connected to the JVC receiver. This means you can an answer an incoming call from either phone from the head unit. Also, both of your phone's contact lists are downloaded to the receiver. To make a call from one of the phones using the JVC receiver, you simply have to select Phone 1 or Phone 2 on the head unit's touchscreen.
- Streaming DJ: The new Streaming DJ feature allows five Bluetooth audio source devices to be connected to the JVC receiver at one time, so you can switch between Bluetooth playback sources a lot easier and quicker. While "BT Audio" source is selected on the head unit, you can simply press the music playback button on your connected Bluetooth source devices to switch between devices and begin music playback. However, you cannot stream audio from two different Bluetooth audio source devices at the same time or combine music libraries or playlists from two different connected devices.
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.7) with wideband speech capability, the JVC KW-Z1000W provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The touchscreen controls of the KW-Z1000W can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (All or Front only). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately (1-30 seconds).
- Dialing a Number: Using the KW-Z1000W, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number from the head unit's touchscreen keypad.
- Preset Dialing: Allows you to register up to 5 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook: You can download phonebook data (up to 1000 entries) from your phone to the KW-Z1000W. You can then dial by using the downloaded phone book and search it alphabetically.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 entries total).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition (including Siri or Google Voice), then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the vehicle's parking brake.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The JVC KW-Z1000W supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player, plus song/artist information display. You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the JVC KW-Z1000W for playback.
- LDAC: LDAC sends approximately three times more data (at the maximum 990 kbps transfer rate) than conventional Bluetooth audio for superior wireless listening. Unlike other Bluetooth compatible coding technologies, it operates without any down-conversion of the Hi-Res Audio content (excluding DSD and MQA), and allows approximately 3x more data than those other technologies to be transmitted over a Bluetooth wireless network with superiro sound quality, by means of efficient coding and optimized packetization. Your Bluetooth device most also supports LDAC to enjoy this high-resolution Bluetooth codec. The KW-Z1000W also supports SBC for the majority of Bluetooth source devices and AAC for Apple iOS Bluetooth devices.
- Advanced Music Browsing: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the KW-Z1000W lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4-up phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
External Microphone: The JVC KW-Z1000W includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level, echo cancellation, and noise reduction of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash.
HD Radio: With its built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio significantly improves AM/FM audio quality and reception, as well as includes information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display. HD Radio Technology will deliver high-quality digital sound. AM digital will have FM-like quality in stereo (80dB SNR @ 40-15kHz), while FM digital will have CD-like quality (80 dB SNR @ 20-20kHz) with static free and clear reception. The unit's built-in HD Radio tuner allows analog AM/FM tuning as well.
- Seek Modes + Direct Access Tuning: You can choose one of three seek modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual. You can also setup the KW-Z1000W to search only HD Radio stations. In addition, you can directly access an AM/FM station by entering in the frequency number using the unit's LCD touchscreen.
- Tuner Presets: You can store 15 FM presets and 5 AM presets (total of 20). Not only does the digital multimedia receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
- Station Info/Album Art AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles; as well as Album Art.
- Multicasting & Emergency Alerts: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 8 multicast programs (HD1 to HD8). HD Radio also delivers critical and life-saving messages to the public during emergency situations.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
SiriusXM-Ready: The JVC KW-Z1000W is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 140+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, Song Title, & Album Art can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Smart Favorite Presets: Up to 20 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets can be saved. Up to 6 of your SiriusXM presets on the current band are recognized as Smart Favorites for advanced features such as TuneStart, TuneScan, & TuneMix.
- TuneStart: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Smart Favorite channel.
- TuneScan: TuneScan plays the first 6 seconds of each song that has not been listened to from each of the channels which you have saved as Smart Favorites.
- TuneMix: TuneMix plays a unique blend of songs from your Smart Favorite preset music channels from the current SiriusXM preset band, allowing you to build a custom channel from as few as two to as many as six music channels.
- Instant Replay: You can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of current channel. You'll also be able to rewind and replay the last 30 minutes of content from your six Smart Favorite channels.
- Alerts: Receive alerts of your favorite song or artist, favorite sports teams, plus traffic and weather.
- Content Alerts: When a broadcast program related to the your favorite artist or song starts, a message appears to allow you to switch to that station.
- Sports Flash: Sports Flash will notify you when a big play happens during a game with one your favorite sports teams. You can choose to tune to that station or continue to listening to the previous channel.
- Traffic & Weather Now: Traffic & Weather Now allows you to access the latest report whenever you want to hear it by city.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Apple Music Radio (iPhone Only): You can playback Apple Music Radio on your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone (iOS 8.0+) through the JVC KW-Z1000W. With a WiFi or cellular connection on your iPhone, you can listen to Beats 1 and other live radio stations through the JVC receiver. Apple Music subscribers can also listen to on-demand stations for almost any genre or create their own stations. You can use the head unit's touchscreen to select between your Apple Music Radio stations. The touchscreen will also display song/artist/album information, along with Album art.
Note: Access to Apple Radio will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
USB MSC Playback: The JVC KW-Z1000W features a rear-panel USB (Type-A) port that is attached to the chassis by a 7" pigtail and comes with a 39" USB extension cable. The USB port can be used for connection and control of a USB mass storage class (MSC) devices, such as a USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback of a variety of audio (including Hi-Res), video, and photo files stored on a compatible USB memory device (see chart below). USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital multimedia receiver's USB port (5V/1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The USB port does not support MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), AOA (Android Open Accessory), USB hubs, or card-readers.
File Compatibility: The JVC KW-Z1000W supports the following types of audio (including Hi-Res), video, and photo files loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||USB (MSC)|
|File System||FAT 16/32, exFAT, NTFS|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
bit rate of 8-320kbps; sampling
frequency of 16-48kHz
|Video||MPEG-1: max resolution of 352 x 240 or 352 x 288;
max bit-rate of 1.5Mbps |
MPEG-2: max resolution of 720 x 480 or 720 x 576; max bit-rate of 8Mbps
MPEG-4/H.264: max resolution of 1920 x 1080 (30fps); max bit-rate of 8Mbps
WMV/MKV: max resolution of 1920 x 1080 (30fps); max bit-rate of 8Mbps
|Photo||JPEG: 5000 x 5000 |
PNG/BMP: 1000 x 1000
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||Unlimited folders/9,999 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA/AAC/FLAC-tags, & Album Art|
Control Functions: The JVC head unit allows you to navigate the music library on your USB device from its touchscreen controls. The head unit offers unique search features like Folder/Track List, Category Search, and Link Search; plus offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random.
- Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on your USB device.
- Category Search: You can navigate music stored on your USB memory device by Playlist, Artist, Song, or Album. The content within each category will be listed in alphabetical order.
- Link Search: Link Search allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. The head unit can create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, an artist list of the currently playing genre, or an album list of currently playing composer.
Song/Artist Info with Album Art: The JVC KW-Z1000W will display song/artist information as well as album art for MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music tracks (if encoded).
HDMI Input: The KW-Z1000W's HDMI input allows you to display your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone's screen on the receiver's 10.1" monitor. You'll need a compatible Apple or Android HDMI adapter cable (sold separately). You can also connect a DVD player, Blu-ray player or TV tuner with an automotive-grade HDMI cable (sold separately). The HDMI input supports up to 720p video and 24-bit/192kHz 2ch PCM audio. The HDMI's cable connector must be no larger than 0.8125" (w) x 0.375" (h) to fit into the recessed opening.
- Supported Video Resolution: VGA (640x480p @ 60Hz), 480p (720x480p @ 60Hz), and 720p (1280x720p @ 60Hz).
- Supported Audio Formats: 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.2, and 192 kHz; 16/20/24-bit Linear 2ch PCM
- The HDMI input does not support 1080p or 4K video.
- The HDMI input does not support Dolby Digital, DTS, and other multichannel surround formats.
- The HDMI input does not offer playback control.
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit's operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from JVC's Support Site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit's USB port and uploaded. Go to JVC's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The JVC KW-Z1000W utilizes a 24-bit/192kHz digital to analog converter (DAC) for superior sound quality with a signal to noise ratio up to 98.5dB and support for Hi-Res music files such as FLAC (up to 129kHz;24-bit), WAV (up to 192kHz;24-bit), and DSD (up to 11.2MHz;1-bit).
MOSFET Amplifier: The JVC KW-Z1000W is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KW-Z1000W are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 total watts)
6ch/5V Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The KW-Z1000W features front, rear and subwoofer 5-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading and offers independent level control (-50 to +10).
Vehicle Setup: Indicate your vehicle type, speakers sizes installed in your vehicle, your rear speaker location, plus your main listening postion and the distance of each speaker to the your main listening position to optimize the sound inside your vehicle.
- Vehicle Type: You can select your vehicle type to automatically set the delay time of each speaker for timing adjustment of sound output of each channel to have the highest surround effect. Choose from Compact, Full Size Car, Wagon, Mini Van, SUV, or Off.
- Speaker Size: Select which size speakers are in your vehicle - Tweeter (Small, Medium, Large, None); Front & Rear (3.5", 4", 4.75", 5", 6.5", 6.75", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", 7x10", None); Subwoofer: 6.5", 8", 10", 12", 15"+, None).
- Speaker Locations: You can indicate the location of your front and rear speakers - Front (Upper Door, Lower Door, On Dash, Under Dash) and Rear (Upper Door, Lower Door, Parcel Shelf/Rear Deck, Upper Cargo Area, Lower Cargo Area.
- Listening Position: You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can even use the Front Focus feature to focus the sound image on the front of the selected seat.
- Digital Time Alignment: You can select to manually fine tune your vehicle's sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-20') for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position. In addition, you're able to adjust the output level (-8 to 0dB) of each speaker.
Crossover Network: The JVC KW-Z1000W lets you choose between a 2-way or 3-way crossover network for your car audio application.
- 2-Way Crossover: Allows you to set high-pass and low-pass crossovers for a standard Tweeter, Front, Rear, and Subwoofer speaker setup.
- Tweeter: high pass filter (HPF)
- Frequency: 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 6.3kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Front & Rear: high pass filter (HPF)
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Sub: low pass filter (LPF)
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Tweeter: high pass filter (HPF)
- 3-Way Crossover: Allows you to set high-pass and low-pass crossovers for a complex 3-way speaker system with Highs, Mids, and Sub.
- Tweeter: high pass filter (HPF)
- HPF Frequency: 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 6.3kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Midrange: high pass filter (HPF) & low pass filter (LPF)
- HPF Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- LPF Frequency: 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 6.3kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Woofer: low pass filter (LPF)
- LPF Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Tweeter: high pass filter (HPF)
Equalizer: The JVC KW-Z1000W offers EQ Presets for easy adjustment, a Graphic EQ for manual tuning, and a Parametric EQ for fine-tune adjustment. Separate EQ settings and EQ presets can be stored for each source or you can apply one EQ preset or curve to all sources.
- EQ Presets: You can choose between the following EQ presets - Flat, Hard Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, Jazz, Classical, & User (1-4). The User mode allows you to select either the Graphic or Parametric EQ.
- Graphic EQ: The units Pro EQ consists of a 13-band equalizer (62.5Hz, 100Hz, 160Hz, 250Hz, 400Hz, 630Hz, 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 6.3kHz, 10kHz, & 16kHz). Each frequency can be adjusted from -9 to +9.
- Parametric EQ: The unit's Paramatric EQ allows for more precise adjustment and fine-tuning.You can freely control the filter, frequency, Q factor (acuteness), and slop gain at 14 points consisting of 9 points common for front/rear/sub, 2 points for front only, 2 points for rear only, and 1 point for subwoofer only. You can store 3 Parametric EQ customized presets.
Music Enhancement: You can restore the sound lost due to audio compression, as well as enhance the sound by virtually manipulating the soundscape.
- K2 Technology: The KW-Z1000W employs K2 technology which dramatically improves the sound quality of compressed music files during CD, USB, and Bluetooth playback. When the K2 feature is activated, the sound becomes wider, smoother, and more natural. K2 will expand the digital data of the audio CD recorded at 44.1kHz to 192 kHz. It is also possible to recreate the high-frequency range above 20kHz that is cut during the CD formatting.
- Sound Effects: The KW-Z1000W offers adjustable Sound Effects to provide a better listening experience inside your vehicle. Use the "Space Enhancement" feature to virtually broaden the soundstage inside your vehicle. Use the "Sound Lift" feature to virtually lift the sound to ear level. And use the "Sound Response" feature to virtually make the sound more realistic and live inside your car.
Volume Level & Bass Management: The digital multimedia receiver offers several volume level adjustments to tailor the audio output of your sources. The KW-Z1000W also provides bass management to get the most impact out of your system.
- Loudness, Bass Boost & Bass Extension: The Loudness feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level. The unit's Bass Boost enhances low bass frequencies at any volume level. There is also a Bass Extension feature which further enhances the unit's bass output on frequencies lower than 62.5Hz.
- Volume Offset: The input level of each source (other than FM) is adjustable relative to the FM radio volume, so there isn't a significant volume difference when changing sources. Each source is individually adjustable from -15 to +6.
Source Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm source selection. This function can be turned On or Off.
AV Input: The JVC KW-Z1000W digital multimedia receiver is outfitted with a rear-panel AV input that consists of a composite video jack and a 3.5mm audio jack. The AV input can be used to connect external audio/video sources such as a game system, Blu-ray player, or TV tuner. The unit's AV input can also be configured to act as a camera input for adding a rear, front, or side camera.
AV Output (with Dual Zone): The unit features a composite video jack and 3.5mm audio jack to output AV signals to an optional monitor and headphone system. The unit's AV output can be set to AV-In, iPod, USB, or Off. Volume of the second zone can be controlled by the digital multimedia receiver or your rear entertainment system.
- You cannot select AV-In as the video output source if it is being used for a camera input. You cannot slect iPod as the AV output source if it is connected via Bluetooth or Apple CarPlay is connected.
- If you select iPod as the main source, you cannot select USB as the AV output source. If you select USB as the main source, you cannot select iPod as the AV output source.
- If you select Bluetooth, HD Radio, Miracast, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto as the main source then you cannot select USB or iPod as the AV output source.
Note: CarPlay, Android Auto, Miracast, and HDMI cannot be displayed through the receiver's video output.
4 Camera Inputs: To enable a smarter driving experience, the JVC receiver features 4 camera inputs that allow for the utmost in convenience, flexibility, and safety. With 4 camera inputs, you can connect a backup camera, a front camera, and side (blind spot) cameras. Alternatively, the 4 camera inputs can support several other configurations. Camera switching is available using the receiver' touchscreen controls, or automatically for side cameras when an optional iDatalink Maestro is connected (supported vehicles only).
- Rear Camera Input w/ Guidelines: The receiver is equipped with a rear camera input that consists of a composite video jack and reverse trigger wire. The video from the rear camera input can be set to display automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear (the purple/white wire of the wiring harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds. While in reverse, parking guidelines will also appear on-screen making backing up and parking safer and easier.
- Front Camera Input: There is also a composite video input for connecting a front camera (sold separately), so you can display what's ahead of you on the head unit's touchscreen LCD monitor. The front camera input could also be used as a dash cam input.
- Additional Camera Inputs: In addition, there is a third composite video camera input for adding a side camera or trailer-towing camera (sold separately). You can also configure the unit's compostie video AV input to act as a camera input for a side camera (sold separately) or other camera application.
- The optional PAC VS41 4 Camera Switcher (sold separately) can be added, allowing each camera to be triggered automatically based on the vehicle's status.
- The camera feature is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the cameras while driving. In addition to using the cameras, always look around you to make sure everything is clear when making in vehicle maneuvers.
iDatalink Maestro Compatible: When an Automotive Data Solutions iDatalink Maestro (sold separately) is connected to the JVC receiver, it provides a seamless interface with factory infotainment features such as Satellite Radio, USB Media Player, Bluetooth hands-free and music streaming. Factory driver assistance systems and cameras are also retained and work as they did originally. Parking sensor display and dynamic parking guide lines are also added in supported vehicles on the rear camera screen. Vehicle information such as HVAC, performance information, and TPMS can also be displayed. Radar detector information can also be displayed on the screen when used with a compatible K40 or ESCORT radar detector system (sold separately). Retained factory functions and add-on features will vary by vehicle.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro is web programmable, which means you'll need to flash the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink's website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro module, you'll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The JVC receiver's OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle's factory system before initial operation.
117 questions already asked